• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Don't touch my door bro!

Was starting to get more consistent with the shotgun in team death match earlier, although I don't get how people are getting one shot ranged kills with it as yet. Keeping things close quarters, no idea how Disagree Guy is running out in the open with it so much

There was some strong GAF'ing going on. GAF'd all over them. Drowning in GAF.

yeah its a gift mate. People who say it's OP need to attack on oil of empires and finish near top of the table. I've said it a million times - skill with the gun type plus style of play is much more potent than "lol OP GUN"

case and point tonight I got neg KDR attacking operations and still got third on the board. Those people saying they get 80 kills to minimal deaths.... It just isn't True.

Plus nobody ever talks about how often you die as a shotty user which of course is well documented by me haha. I was gonna post a video of our last game until I noticed that it's just a redders revive montage

So what embems do people have, took me ages but I made this, no using any guides.
7ADnoY8.png

Ihyll

Anyone hate the desert maps with all those buildings?

Battlefield 1 quickly devolves into roof warfare in these maps.

dano1

A Sheep
Anyone hate the desert maps with all those buildings?

Battlefield 1 quickly devolves into roof warfare in these maps.

I kind of like the variety of different maps and ways to play. I just do a little visit up the stairs with my shotgun:)

Any ideas of on when the next update is coming? Revive bug still exists (amongst a host of other issues), and it's extremely frustrating. DICE is hardly the best when it comes to clear transparent and timely communication with the community and I'm having a hard time finding clear answers.

Any ideas of on when the next update is coming? Revive bug still exists (amongst a host of other issues), and it's extremely frustrating. DICE is hardly the best when it comes to clear transparent and timely communication with the community and I'm having a hard time finding clear answers.
December with the new map is my guess.

I am getting highly irritated at this game. I don't know what happened but the drops for Battle packs has decreased significantly for me. I've been playing since 1pm and it's 10:51 right now and I haven't gotten one. I didn't get one yesterday either. What the actual fuck is this? And when I do get one it won't even be a legendary, just a special. That is such bullshit.

Xyber

I am getting highly irritated at this game. I don't know what happened but the drops for Battle packs has decreased significantly for me. I've been playing since 1pm and it's 10:51 right now and I haven't gotten one. I didn't get one yesterday either. What the actual fuck is this? And when I do get one it won't even be a legendary, just a special. That is such bullshit.

I don't get why people get so worked up about these battlepacks.

It's skins, skins no one else will EVER see and most of them are barely noticeable to you.

Just see it as a random bonus you will get every now and then, don't play the game just to unlock them.

Now, if they would've had the same contents as the BF4 packs, then I could see the rage about not getting any. But this? It's fucking nothing.

The Dude

Yea, I mean I enjoy skins but they're just skins. Nothin to lose sleep over.

I will say do playing tdm nets you more of them tho since matches are faster, it's how I got a lot of them

The skins in this game are eh. They are hardly noticeable, it's not like OW where you can actually see a difference. I'd rather just get the squad booster.

Man, how do I force myself to focus on a single class to get through lvl 3 - 10. I still can't believe there is nothing for 7 levels.

Will probably take me forever with the sniper.

So are GAF people currently playing right now and if they are, how do I join?

On ps4 add luvs_2_squidge

I'll add you to all the group chat and community stuff. We go on every night at 22:00 UK time

Man, how do I force myself to focus on a single class to get through lvl 3 - 10. I still can't believe there is nothing for 7 levels.

Will probably take me forever with the sniper.

Operations attacking. We got lucky and got like 15 matches out of 20 attacking. We had one guy level all classes to 10 in around a week. By far the quickest way to get score/exp up.

I'm Using the Mondragon sniper. Pretty good gun but I think the Seblstander marksman must be better. I'm getting mixed results. I'm not a very good player as this is my first battlefield I take seriously but medic class is really fun to play.

Theorry

It really helps if your team spots for one thing. Can be hard to spot infantry and even tanks on certain maps.

Always keep an eye on flags and those being taken are good bomb spots, try and know where players likely to hide while capping or defending, inside building is always popular, bomb them! Helps to know where AA guns are too so can bomb them early so cannot be used vs you, because they quickly will be if you start killing people.

Little break down of the 3 planes.

Attack plane
- Use airship buster vs airship, it canes it, just keep distance, fire the missiles (whatever) a bit higher than where you wanna hit as the dip quick fast, then turn away and circle around while they reload, personally after killing the airship I tend to clear the skies of enemiy planes and bail, as it sucks vs ground.
- The bomb version is good vs infantry, but not tanks.
- Tank buster is obviously good vs tanks, but I rarely use this as not so great vs infantry and requires a pretty much body hit to kill them with main cannon.

Weakness is it just not the best for helping team.

Bomber
- Use barage bombs or torpedos. The firebomb isn't very good, doesn't destroy builds much or at all and enemies can usually run and survive it, torpedos can be used on land if you got a good aim and vs vehicles while barrage better for a short spread and infantry, I use torpedos. As you fly past, drop one set, hit triangle and drop the other straight away.

Weakness is will lose to attack planes 100% of time unless you got a gunner to help you defend yourself, plus hard to dodge AA with it.

Fighter
- Only pick this if you just wanna kill planes. It kinda sucks for anything else and the other two planes are better choices.

Weakness is the others are simply better choices.

Uhh see my gifs of the Trench Hunter above. Its great against infantry also. I rack up more kills with that then the attack plane.

Redders

I spent 99% of that match sniping as well, only the last four kills were with the assault class. Got fed up of folk sniping me, so decided to snipe them back.

And still managed to get 6k+ more than our team mates. Damn. Good job though, needed some counter snipers in that match as the opposition were ridiculous for it.

Thanks for screencapping a game where I got a negative KDR

Was that payback for being on the enemy team that time? haha

You shotgunned me down at least once :p Payback.

Although I did accidentally capsize my dreadnought in that team and couldn't figure out how to fix it, so just abandoned it hahaha. Major help to you guys. :p

And still managed to get 6k+ more than our team mates. Damn. Good job though, needed some counter snipers in that match as the opposition were ridiculous for it.

hqdefault.jpg

Dat 'pad

You shotgunned me down at least once :p Payback.

Although I did accidentally capsize my dreadnought in that team and couldn't figure out how to fix it, so just abandoned it hahaha. Major help to you guys. :p

I did notice that actually. Inside job.

Bribe in the post

Recall

Smoke Grenades are amazing. They worked well in operations last night but playing Rush now and it's just making it all easy as the snipers simply struggle.

terrible

Banned
I've got 22 Syringe kills. Also got 2 Service Stars with the defib in BF4 LOL

A friend of mine had 400+ defib kills in BF3, it was pretty funny. You kind of had to duck in order to guarantee it'd work too so I doubt it was easy getting that many.

Smoke Grenades are amazing. They worked well in operations last night but playing Rush now and it's just making it all easy as the snipers simply struggle.

Yeah for real man. All the grenades have their uses but for situations requiring cover - like A objective on Suez. That's what won us that sector.

The more we play the more specialization we are getting

Medics - done
Tank destroyers - done
Pilot - done
Counter snipe - done

We've even got good tank drivers.

Top Bottom