• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Bought the game a couple days ago. I like it a lot, but there's one thing that bugs me. I can't go back to the main menu in the post-game screen, it just gets stuck in the loading screen and I have to close the game if I want to go back to the main menu. Is this a common issue?

Yeah, I think everybody's experiencing this. You either have to wait for the next map to load and then quit to the main menu, or exit the game altogether and restart.

Machina

Banned
Bought the game a couple days ago. I like it a lot, but there's one thing that bugs me. I can't go back to the main menu in the post-game screen, it just gets stuck in the loading screen and I have to close the game if I want to go back to the main menu. Is this a common issue?

Very common bug. Just have to wait for DICE to fix it. Alt F4 out until they do, just make sure Origin syncs your cloud save

For some weird reason, the game is stuck loading the next map completely if you drop out after a match when the end screen pops up. That results in about 4 or more minutes of waiting time. Usually it's better to just either terminate and restart the game when the loading starts or wait for the next map to load and then quit at the beginning of it, that is still faster and at least you can read trivia and browse the medal/battlepack screens.

If a match was really shit, you won't get any points at all (e.g. you joined 1 minute before it was over) and don't mind not getting a battlepack (I think the chance for that is pretty much 0 if you don't have any points), it's better to quit before the game ends, then you only have to wait a few seconds.

Anyone else feel like when you get charged with a bayonet it feels like they impale you from really far away, same with the melee from horses. Seems like they have some serious range.

Anyone else feel like when you get charged with a bayonet it feels like they impale you from really far away, same with the melee from horses. Seems like they have some serious range.
I've managed to impale people with the bayonet when a chest high wall was in the way with my target standing right behind it (thank god). It kinda makes sense, it's a dagger on a pretty long rifle usually. Also the range for the charge seems fair, considering the drawbacks over just shooting someone in the face/back.

JDB

Banned
The best is when an enemy begins a bayonet charge right in front of and just instantly gets a free melee kill. It's really stupid.

The best is when an enemy begins a bayonet charge right in front of and just instantly gets a free melee kill. It's really stupid.
It's far easier and more common to end up running past the enemy or the hit not registering during the wind up of the charge. Happened to me quite a few times. Just blasting away is more effective unless you are at least 5 meters away and the enemy is shooting at you with a peashooter pistol or something, trying to do it with the overabundance of Assaults usually results in death.

Also even if the guy pulls the close range charge off, not being able to even sprint for more than 5 seconds afterwards quite often results in death.

Maximus P

Just has fun with some dude. I was getting tired of him shooting down our planes because our team wasn't capping "A" on Monte Gappa, so he had the AA all to himself. I was feeling a little trolly so I took it upon myself to make sure he wasn't touching our planes anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1lW7E3pIzc

Slightly off topic, but I have a real problem with the term 'git gud'. Its a term I see used a lot in Fifa, normally by pre-pubescent teens that use cheap ways to win.

No idea why the guy kept going back to the AA gun, when it was obvious you were camping it?

Joined a Conquest match on Argonne forest halfway through and realized that our team was already more than 250 points behind and our armored train was about to be blown up. So I thought screw it, might as well have some fun, got behind the southern Field Gun covering C and started killing people for funzies while protecting the flag and racking in the points. Was still standing behind the gun when the match was over, first step of the Stationary Medal done in one go ^^.
BF1_Field_Gun_end.png

God I love the Field Gun. Absolutely underappreciated piece of pure murderyness against everything. Way to pad my KDR I guess, hurr durr ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
(Not that it helps much, I usually prefer to help and support the team any way possible and push objectives even if it means I die alot - my KDR is pretty shite unless I really give it a go like in this case, hehe).

Jalal

Does anyone know when Premium pass generally goes on sale?

I've read online that February is when it has gotten a discount. I'm trying to decide whether to get BF1 Ultimate at a modest discount or just getting standard/deluxe risking that pass will/won't go on sale.

How good are the extras with deluxe? Are the behemoth skins/red baron plane good looking ingame?

I dont care about cosmetics but Ultimate with lesser discount is'nt that much more than standard with full price premium.

The Flash

Banned
So I'm Trying to get all of the infantry classes at Rank 10 before the first DLC comes out. Got Scout to 10 last night and started doing a little of everyone else today. All that to say, I did not have fun when I was playing Medic. Constantly getting demolished left, right, and center and every which way in between.

Mahonay

Banned
Does anyone know when Premium pass generally goes on sale?

I've read online that February is when it has gotten a discount. I'm trying to decide whether to get BF1 Ultimate at a modest discount or just getting standard/deluxe risking that pass will/won't go on sale.

How good are the extras with deluxe? Are the behemoth skins/red baron plane good looking ingame?

I dont care about cosmetics but Ultimate with lesser discount is'nt that much more than standard with full price premium.
Premium did not go on sale for BF4 until very late in it's life. Don't expect sales for Premium any time soon.

terrible

Banned
So I'm Trying to get all of the infantry classes at Rank 10 before the first DLC comes out. Got Scout to 10 last night and started doing a little of everyone else today. All that to say, I did not have fun when I was playing Medic. Constantly getting demolished left, right, and center and every which way in between.

The autoloader 8 extended is so good though! Turns the medic class into a close-mid range beast.

Spat_triate

I wish they limited the amount of kits per team, moved the repair function on vehicles to passengers and limited the amount of times you could perform in-vehicle repairs. Everything after that would require a support player to repair from the outside.

I really wish they put a little more thought into some of the mechanics. As it stands, the relationship between classes and their roles on the field just feels a tad 'light', but perhaps this is a bigger criticism of the franchise in general more so than this particular entry.

The Flash

Banned
The autoloader 8 extended is so good though! Turns the medic class into a close-mid range beast.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to stick with it but I don't know if I'm going to grow to like it like I did with Scout. Luckily I'm close to unlocking the Autoloader Extended so I've got that going for me at least.

God I love the Field Gun. Absolutely underappreciated piece of pure murderyness against everything. Way to pad my KDR I guess, hurr durr ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Field guns are super useful/versatile for sure. I feel like a lot of people don't realize just how effective they can be even against infantry. All the time I see unmanned field guns near CPs that are being attacked, and that are facing the attackers, and I'm just like "Why is no one using this thing!?" Sometimes it's the same way for AA guns. Believe it or not, even those things can be pretty damn handy for suppressing and murdering infantry.

Some of the stationary MGs can be super effective as well. One of my favorites is the MG overlooking C on Argonne (if you're coming from D). Almost every single time I've hopped on that thing, it's like no one on the other team expects it, because I mow down at least a handful of them before someone either snipes me off it or gets me from behind. I highly recommend giving that a shot if you ever have the chance!

Field Guns are super useful/versatile for sure. I feel like a lot of people don't realize just how effective they can be even against infantry. All the time I see unmanned Field Guns near CPs that are being attacked, and that are facing the attackers, and I'm just like "Why is no one using this thing!?" Sometimes it's the same way for AA guns. Believe it or not, even those things can be pretty damn handy for suppressing and murdering infantry.

The field guns up near the F Flag on Fao Fortress (at least I think it's Fao Fortress) are my go-to to rain fire on enemies attacking B and C. It's so fun.

Been watching some Great War and I've come to the conclusion that one of the expansions has to be set in German East Africa (Burundi, Rwanda, and Tanzania). Who doesn't want some WWI jungle warfare?

I'd love to see some more forest maps. I don't know if it'd be possible or not, but a really large forest with vehicles (even just one tank per side) would be awesome. It'd just be tough to make the forest lush without making it a nightmare for tanks and other vehicles to navigate it though.

Pastry

Banned
I'd love to see some more forest maps. I don't know if it'd be possible or not, but a really large forest with vehicles (even just one tank per side) would be awesome. It'd just be tough to make the forest lush without making it a nightmare for tanks and other vehicles to navigate it though.

Something like Operation Outbreak in BF4 would work perfectly.

The Flash

Banned

This part of Africa has the Serengeti which has lots of savanna plains so they could do a big vehicle map on one of those. The problem with an Africa expansion from a historical standpoint is that vehicles weren't really used. Certainly not airships, dreadnoughts, and armored trains. Probably not going to happen for that reason but it'd still be cool to have a map or two set there.

terrible

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I'm going to stick with it but I don't know if I'm going to grow to like it like I did with Scout. Luckily I'm close to unlocking the Autoloader Extended so I've got that going for me at least.

I never really felt comfortable with the class until I got the autoloader extended so you might change your mind once you get it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Fastest way to level is reviving and dropping health packs. Once you can unlock some of the better guns, kills come in at 3 hits and it is glorious.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
The sound localization in this game is terrible. You can't tell where anyone is coming from or shooting from.

Foot steps are basically non existent.

If someone isn't shooting a large machine ten feet from you, you hear the bullets whizzing by more than the gun.

It's frustrating.

terrible

Banned
The sound localization in this game is terrible. You can't tell where anyone is coming from or shooting from.

Foot steps are basically non existent.

If someone isn't shooting a large machine ten feet from you, you hear the bullets whizzing by more than the gun.

It's frustrating.

Do you never hear footsteps or is it just an occasional thing? Sometimes I feel like certain sounds glitch out and don't work but most of the time I can hear footsteps very well.

Here's an example of how obvious footsteps are for me. I get my last kill purely thanks to footsteps.

Maligna

Banned
Is there a way for this game to stop putting me on a losing team's backfill mid way through a fight? Tired of losing for like an hour straight.

The Dude

Is there a way for this game to stop putting me on a losing team's backfill mid way through a fight? Tired of losing for like an hour straight.

Just switch sides every now and then, I mean when it happens a repeatedly just make a switch the moment you can

LOL, I feel your pain. My stats from a couple nights ago: 4 wins, 11 losses. Yes, 11. And at least 5 of those losses were not only in a row, but by 500 or more tickets thanks to stacked teams and no auto balance. It was the worst thing I'd ever seen.

I just refused to quit because I was fascinated by the situation and wanted to see how long it'd take us to eventually win a round. We never did and there was no hope in sight, so I eventually called it a night.

Top Bottom