• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Havent had a chance to play for a while, does Operations still not show up on the server browser? In my 70+ hours playtime I STILL haven't had a chance to play a proper match because they're impossibly to find! On PC btw.

No. You either quick match, or do enough to where "Breakthrough"/Operations can be made a custom filter by your "favorite gametype" thing in the home menu. But AFAIK you can't remove the map filter (which is Amiens for me) on that.

terrible

Banned
It's annoying as hell when randoms in your squad request squad orders every 3 seconds when you are already sending requests at every possible moment. Do they really want to steal the squad leader spot from you that badly? It's like they are hoping you'll die and not have enough time to set a new order before the mutiny kicks in. So lame.

It's annoying as hell when randoms in your squad request squad orders every 3 seconds when you are already sending requests at every possible moment. Do they really want to steal the squad leader spot from you that badly? It's like they are hoping you'll die and not have enough time to set a new order before the mutiny kicks in. So lame.

Wait, they can steal it from you? Someone was spamming me the other day after I had already designated an objective.

terrible

Banned
Wait, they can steal it from you? Someone was spamming me the other day after I had already designated an objective.

I think if you don't set an order within 60 seconds of someone requesting an order they become leader. It's a good idea but the game should basically mark someone as a spammer and disable their request when they spam it for no reason.

deoee

Who needs an Anti Air gun...?

source.gif

Surfinn

Finally hit 1000 score per minute.

My favourite thing about this game is shooting planes out of the sky.. Nothing is more satisfying than hitting them right before they attempt to bomb you.

Lender

I think if you don't set an order within 60 seconds of someone requesting an order they become leader. It's a good idea but the game should basically mark someone as a spammer and disable their request when they spam it for no reason.
I'd just kick him out of the squad then.

kendrid

Banned

I am pretty sure if you have an objective set you won't lose squad leader. It is only if there are no objectives set and someone requests an objective.

Is that Fog of War thing just not popular? Haven't been able to get into a match (PC) that's full enough to start since Thursday. Like, I get that TDM is not what people come to Battlefield for but I figured the special event stuff would be populated.

It looks like there are only three populated servers. As far as I can tell my filters aren't blocking anything. It's a shame, I think it's a fun change of pace, particularly being (mostly) pistols only.

terrible

Banned
I am pretty sure if you have an objective set you won't lose squad leader. It is only if there are no objectives set and someone requests an objective.

Yeah that is the case, though when someone is constantly spamming it there's a good chance they'll steal it the one time you die and wait for a medic and don't have time to set a new one.

Agent

giphy.gif

Ooops, perhaps one of the three should have been covering their ladder.

giphy.gif

Got revived, turned around to find a charging defender who promptly took a very lucky shot to the head from my shotgun.

Alpende

I don't know what's going on matchmaking wise but I've had a couple of games now where my team is useless in conquest. Every point but one is taken by the enemy. I've never had that before.

KingKong

Are the guns you can unlock relatively balanced or not? seems like everyone is saying you want an automatico trench for assault for example

also I just got two battlepacks with skins for default weapons, so thats pretty nice

Kick them out the squad.

Heroman

Banned
Are the guns you can unlock relatively balanced or not? seems like everyone is saying you want an automatico trench for assault for example

also I just got two battlepacks with skins for default weapons, so thats pretty nice
Not really for most weapons there generally is the ideal gun.

Redders

Yeah I didn't know you could either or I wouldn't be complaining! Is it considered bad form to kick rooftop snipers that are in your squad? Hmmm.

I do it on operations matches. Waste of a potential spawn point nearer the objectives if they are sniping from far back, you could have someone join whose actually attacking/defending at flag.

neoism

so is it justme playing on ps4 but if i quit out after a match it fucking takes 5-10 minutes to load.... its quicker to close the app....

bug??

WillyFive

so is it justme playing on ps4 but if i quit out after a match it fucking takes 5-10 minutes to load.... its quicker to close the app....

bug??

It's a problem with the Frostbite engine, it doesn't let you do anything until it finishes loading the next level. It happens with Battlefront too and it's why BF1 didn't even come with a Quit button at first.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
So wtf, is this "missing multiplayer privileges" some kind of bug? I can't play multiplayer at all.

Seems to have happened to many other too.

It's a problem with the Frostbite engine, it doesn't let you do anything until it finishes loading the next level. It happens with Battlefront too and it's why BF1 didn't even come with a Quit button at first.

I downloaded BF4 to do that 25 kills with M1911 for the Battlefest thing, man, does that game load fast and still play well.

Did the gaf v gaf game happen last night? I treated it like I do all parties... turned up and hour and a half late, dressed to the nines and really quite drunk. There was no one there...

The group chat seems to have disappeared too. I'm going to blame my son for that one, until I'm informed I've been kicked for being shit :)

dab0ne

Did the gaf v gaf game happen last night? I treated it like I do all parties... turned up and hour and a half late, dressed to the nines and really quite drunk. There was no one there...

The group chat seems to have disappeared too. I'm going to blame my son for that one, until I'm informed I've been kicked for being shit :)

Not really. We created a room but never got enough players to actually start the game. We ended up playing operations against randoms.

Nokterian

So this is my favorite shooter of the year...Operations is a damn blast also PC version runs great!

Add me on origin gaf! my nickname there is : Nokterian1

The Dude

Been using scout more to get it caught up, but loving the m.95 with the optical scope. Also loving flares. Just damn it's leveling slow

This is my first Battlefield game. I've played about 4 games so far and I'm really, really enjoying it. Took a little time to get past all the chaos that is happening, but it's shaping up to be a great experience.

Still trying to find the right class though.

Top Bottom