• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

The Flash

Banned
Alright the Mandragon Storm is
O3gFgnh.png

You can do that during a fight? That seems... broken. "I'm losing, switch!"

Maybe. It's been in the games for years now. No one wants to be stuck on the losing team forever.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
The sound localization in this game is terrible. You can't tell where anyone is coming from or shooting from.

Foot steps are basically non existent.

If someone isn't shooting a large machine ten feet from you, you hear the bullets whizzing by more than the gun.

It's frustrating.

Check your audio settings. Something happened and mine reset to stereo/TV speakers. Putting it back to surround/large speakers completely changed things for me.

Coming from Overwatch the sound is still nowhere near as informative but that's to be expected.

Donos

I was preparing a post how i unlocked the M 10 Hunter and was not super impressed and that it didn't work out for me mid distance like in the vids i saw ...

Well after 2 more days i can say that thing is a beast. It's sometimes inconsistent with the OHK and damage with ppl farther away then really close but i had enough situations now where i was mowing down 3 - 4 enemies in a row.

I'm a beliver now.

Love playing Amiens now, just roaming A and B.

But damn do i feely silly when i miss the easy OHK because i aimed a bit to much to the left or right and die...

The Flash

Banned
Levelcap's newest video brings up a good point about the iron sight snipers. Cool and authentic but statistically hopeless in gameplay. I'd love to run with a Gewehr 98 Infantry but there's no point if I can't deal with closer range targets effectively. Hope DICE rebalances them in some way to make them actually worthwhile.

MAX PAYMENT

I found the browsing interface really awkward. Do you still get xp as usual?

I would think that everyone would get less xp due to the mode slowing everything way down.

You have to identify friendlies and enemies by their uniforms.

No map.

You aren't even told if you got the kill, whether it's a friendly or enemy kill.

It's super intense.

The Dude

Do you guys think it's more lucrative to play certain cap points rather try to roal all over? I sort of bounce around, but been thinking about if picking 2 caps and traversing them gives a person enough action, after the comment above it made me remember that was curious about that. I am tryin to figure out how to get even higher scores, thinking maybe I roam sometimes to much at times.

Surfinn

Do you guys think it's more lucrative to play certain cap points rather try to roal all over? I sort of bounce around, but been thinking about if picking 2 caps and traversing them gives a person enough action, after the comment above it made me remember that was curious about that. I am tryin to figure out how to get even higher scores, thinking maybe I roam sometimes to much at times.

If you know what you're doing, you can control most of the game roaming between 2 or 3 crucial flags. On Grappa, for example, if you control B and D the whole game, the other team is most likely not gunna win (unless you've got a team full of snipers bellydancing on a bush somewhere). Controlling the top of the map rolls down to the other flags.

terrible

Banned

Playing musical flags isn't usually all that great lol. If you can have a couple flags on lockdown your team will usually do better than just capping flags in a circle. Depends on map and how crap your team is though.

Surfinn

Playing musical flags isn't usually all that great lol. If you can have a couple flags on lockdown your team will usually do better than just capping flags in a circle. Depends on map and how crap your team is though.

I've found that controlling the top/middle of the map and letting others go for some of the other flags works very well. I play forever alone but I still have a 60% win percentage because I use tanks to control the middle flags.

Just circling and capping outskirt flags isn't going to help the team, definitely. It's all about flag defense.

Of course, if you can afford to leave your flags and cap others without giving anything up, you should do that.

What do you mean by tracking targets?

By targets having more health in regular conquest, you have to track and hold your target for longer and hit them more times to score a kill. Instead of just pointing and clicking once or twice to score it. The former requires more skill. Though the model 10 will ruin that.

Donos

If you know what you're doing, you can control most of the game roaming between 2 or 3 crucial flags. On Grappa, for example, if you control B and D the whole game, the other team is most likely not gunna win (unless you've got a team full of snipers bellydancing on a bush somewhere). Controlling the top of the map rolls down to the other flags.

Yeah, on Grappa i don't bother with anything but B and D with the ocassional C when the other team doesn't manage to take the mountain for a long time. A and E are to far away, even if you spawn at a squadmate, you have the long way up the hill.

On Amiens, someone is always going for A and B and the tight ways are perfect for the Model 10 and Flamethrower. C and D are very risky caps even more with a shotty.

Surfinn

Yeah, on Grappa i don't bother with anything but B and D with the ocassional C when the other team doesn't manage to take the mountain for a long time. A and E are to far away, even if you spawn at a squadmate, you have the long way up the hill.

On Amiens, someone is always going for A and B and the tight ways are perfect for the Model 10 and Flamethrower. C and D are very risky caps even more with a shotty.

Amiens is the exception I'd say, because you wanna hold your corner flags since they each spawn a tank (A and F). If you can sneak a cap in your enemy's corner, you can get their extra tank spawn I believe (assuming their tank is eventually going to die while you control their corner flag).

I'm not sure if there are other maps where capping a flag spawns an extra tank, I need to check that out.

Having those two extra tanks can mean the difference between winning and losing. But you're still largely controlling the middle of the map.

The Dude

Yea I venture to other flags occasionally, maybe I'll lock down to two a bit. It'd not like I'm not having success I just want to do even better, I'm generally 60 kills with 20ish to 25 deaths since I like to get my hands dirty lol and about 20 to 25k scores sometimes better

Palmer_v1

So the levelcap videobasically says all the best weapons are level 10 bullshit that takes forever to get. This game is getting annoying with how much it shits on new players. I can't get anybody to stick with it.

terrible

Banned
So the levelcap videobasically says all the best weapons are level 10 bullshit that takes forever to get. This game is getting annoying with how much it shits on new players. I can't get anybody to stick with it.

Only sniper and assault, and even then assault has a ton of other good guns and snipers are near useless.

They don't take forever to get and the starting guns are more than viable.

I dunno, medic and support level 10 guns are garbage IMO. The only lvl10 gun I really like is the recon sniper and that still has plenty of downsides to it. Nothing like seeing "Enemy hit 99" and not getting the kill. I think they did a pretty good job balancing stuff in this game. Tho it would be awesome if they set a selection of weapons to be used by any class, like in BF4 where every class had access to carbines.

Also, FYI don't sleep on hipfire with the pistols. It's SUPER efective.

If anyone is interested, I made a set of highlight videos from my time with BF1, check it if you have some time :)

Palmer_v1

This. Levelcap is full of shit if that's what he really said.

He specifically cites the assault, sniper, and tanker weapons for level 10, though he does say he personally likes the SMLE a lot. Medic and Support he likes lower level stuff, like BAR, but even that takes a while to unlock if you're new.

As a defender, we just blanked the attacking forces on Ballroom Blitz. Didn't even make it past the first checkpoint, even with two behemoths. Keep in mind that the first set of points doesn't even have AA guns.

Recall

That's horseshit.

The medic has insane guns at level 1, same with assault. Maybe people are just bad at the game and instead of trying to improve assume the problem resides with the weapon and not themselves.

The Dude

Bro just play and have fun, the beauty of this game is t
Getting into the battle and the experience. Why does everyone always gotta have this "we're getting shafted pov" with every game anymore?

forms

For me personally, the game being fun IS the game. No need to unlock funny clothing, thermal scopes or flags. Gameplay is awesome.

Palmer_v1

For me personally, the game being fun IS the game. No need to unlock funny clothing, thermal scopes or flags. Gameplay is awesome.

It is fun, but if I want to use the sawed off occasionally when i'm flying, I now have to play tanker class forever, which means a bad tank driver is going to keep hogging your tanks.

Marc

Defending really isn't much fun now on Operations, just an utter slog of a chore. With randoms just all picking sniper, hanging back and still managing 5 kills and 35 deaths. Yeah, cheers mate. GG

Alright the Mandragon Storm is
O3gFgnh.png

92226-Tom-Cruise-hugs-Val-Kilmer-gif-58Ox.gif

FUCK YOU GARY!!

terrible

Banned
source.gif

This gun lol. It's not even in my top 5 for most used guns on PS4 but it's my #1 on Xbox since I double dipped. Now that I put autoaim on it's even more OP than it was before. It's like Ocarina of Time Z-Targeting when you ADS. They desperately need to tone down AA.

Can you quickly toss limpet charges? I didn't think so, but the video that plays during soldier customization shows the player quickly tossing a charge (similar to tossing a bandage pouch). Not sure if they removed this feature or if I simply didn't know about it.

MAX PAYMENT

I've found that controlling the top/middle of the map and letting others go for some of the other flags works very well. I play forever alone but I still have a 60% win percentage because I use tanks to control the middle flags.

Just circling and capping outskirt flags isn't going to help the team, definitely. It's all about flag defense.

Of course, if you can afford to leave your flags and cap others without giving anything up, you should do that.

By targets having more health in regular conquest, you have to track and hold your target for longer and hit them more times to score a kill. Instead of just pointing and clicking once or twice to score it. The former requires more skill. Though the model 10 will ruin that.

I think having to identify accurately identify your target as a foe and firing requires more skill.

KingKong

The amount of time between joining and ending a game, leaving and finding another game really discourages you from joining the quicker game modes

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Defending really isn't much fun now on Operations, just an utter slog of a chore. With randoms just all picking sniper, hanging back and still managing 5 kills and 35 deaths. Yeah, cheers mate. GG

FUCK YOU GARY!!
Fucking shit snipers and fucking GARY. What a slog, but we almost won that whole thing by us 7 vs 20.

is there a gaf group on ps4 that plays together...i never feel like anyone is doing anything when i solo lol

Add luvs_2_squidge mate
I'll add you to the group chat and community

I haven't been on the last couple of days - had a poorly toddler - but I aim to be back on tonight

Fucking shit snipers and fucking GARY. What a slog, but we almost won that whole thing by us 7 vs 20.

Does the loss not break the win-streak if I wasn't there to experience it? haha

Nitro and I should be back on tonight.

Top Bottom