• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
They produce a circle or radar wherever they land so all enemies show up on the radar within that circle. If you hit someone directly with it, it can also catch them on fire for some damage.
Yup. They are fantastic for clearing out capture points.

They produce a circle or radar wherever they land so all enemies show up on the radar within that circle. If you hit someone directly with it, it can also catch them on fire for some damage.

Or when you're an idiot like me, you just walk over top of them and catch on fire. Unfortunately has happened more than once.

Nizz

Alright, DICE seriously needs to fix the footsteps in this game. The actual sound design is fantastic as always: the guns, explosions, planes, tanks. War Tapes is where it's at. But I can't count how many times I actually jumped because I suddenly got stabbed/melee because I didn't even hear the enemy's footsteps behind me.

Frustrating as hell that this happens. Also, I hope they eventually tweak the controls (playing on og PS4) so they feel like BF4's controls. I'll go on record and say I feel BF4 has the best FPS controls on console. They were perfect.

In BF1 though, there's a funky acceleration/deadzone that I don't like. The game is playable definitely, just doesn't feel as good as BF4.

Stillmatic

Just got to Lvl 3 Assault and tried out the 10-A after reading impressions in here.

DHMNGUg.gif

PP9gRWe.gif

Holy Shit! Enemies already weakened, but still, it's hitting at that range.

So broken, but so much fun, haha. Squad wipes are beautiful with this thing. But yeah, it's only really useful on some maps.

xxracerxx

This doesn't seem broken at all...you hit the guy for 1 health and in the other one for 11, now if you were taking them down by more than 30 at that range I would agree with you on it being broken.

edit: And thanks to those gifs, I finally understand how a kill score works. 20 pts + however much damage you did to the other player.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
PP9gRWe.gif

Holy Shit! Enemies already weakened, but still, it's hitting at that range.

So broken, but so much fun, haha. Squad wipes are beautiful with this thing. But yeah, it's only really useful on some maps.

I mean, I think any of the shotguns would do at least 1 damage at that range.

Dragoshi1

It's hard to enjoy the game when I get put on the Defending side of Rush where more than half my team are scouts, and the 4-8 of us who aren't are scrambling to disarm bombs.

Seriously, they don't even move up or move from their spots, and the enemy basically made it one-sided at that point. They had two heavy tanks and horses out, and they just took point after point.

Never mind the random crashes I get. On Xbox One, btw.

xxracerxx

It's hard to enjoy the game when I get put on the Defending side of Rush where more than half my team are scouts, and the 4-8 of us who aren't are scrambling to disarm bombs.

Seriously, they don't even move up or move from their spots, and the enemy basically made it one-sided at that point. They had two heavy tanks and horses out, and they just took point after point.

I am trying to level up the Scout class and am always in the thick of it. Spot Flares are the bees knees, sucks that so many Scouts just want to sit in the hills.

Alright, DICE seriously needs to fix the footsteps in this game. The actual sound design is fantastic as always: the guns, explosions, planes, tanks. War Tapes is where it's at. But I can't count how many times I actually jumped because I suddenly got stabbed/melee because I didn't even hear the enemy's footsteps behind me.

Frustrating as hell that this happens. Also, I hope they eventually tweak the controls (playing on og PS4) so they feel like BF4's controls. I'll go on record and say I feel BF4 has the best FPS controls on console. They were perfect.

In BF1 though, there's a funky acceleration/deadzone that I don't like. The game is playable definitely, just doesn't feel as good as BF4.

PS4 has OS level button mapping if that helps?

Edit: nvm I fully read what you're saying

Good luck in finding a ammo guy.
People are so fucking stupid it's insane. As a sniper I spam flares to help the team. I literally stood in front of a support player and pressed the "need ammo" option and they ignored me. I get so pissed at this because they're are not helping the team win. So from now on I will do whatever I can to get in the way of support player who refuses to drop ammo.

-SG

People are so fucking stupid it's insane. As a sniper I spam flares to help the team. I literally stood in front of a support playerand pressed the "need ammo" option and they ignored me. I get so pissed at this because they're are not helping the team win. So from now on I will do whatever I can to get in the way of support player who refuses to drop ammo.

I just tell myself that those people are just dumb 8 year old kids. That helps calm me a down a bit because hey, I can't really get mad at a kid, right? Right... Ugh.

JBuccCP

I wish they would be more aggressive about limiting squad spawns if there's enemies nearby. It would make fighting over bunkers less of an infinitely reinforced meat grinder and in general improve the flow of the game if battle lines more regularly got redrawn with squads getting wiped and having to regroup.

Never mind the random crashes I get. On Xbox One, btw.
Yep that's why everyone dislike scouts.

jengo

Or when you're an idiot like me, you just walk over top of them and catch on fire. Unfortunately has happened more than once.

I also never shoot a flare directly below me when parachuting from above (usually as a pilot that had to bail)... It always sets me on fire.

Surfinn

Play with me, I drop ammo when I freaking spawn. I'm constantly dropping it on top of my teammates.

If you're support and aren't spamming ammo you're doing it wrong.

Goddammmit living in the Philippines blows donkey dick. All the servers are 170+ms.

Where the hell are the SEA/korean servers.

Anyway, game is fucking amazing. I didn't think I'd have so much fun when I found a server that had 80ms on it. Anyone wanna play? I've played all battlefield games and literally never got past level 20 in all of em

edit: is the game playable at 170ms? Hows the hit detection? quickmatch game I get thtat seems to be my ping.

otapnam

Speaking of flares, just used it to assist me in getting into the tower on F here
WaryDistortedJavalina.gif

... and then I camped there for like 10 minutes

Thats a nice trick!

I'm having a hard time playing operations on iron wall - everyone is just too busy camping on the hill instead of capturing. Frustrating

Spat_triate

What's the best bolt action for dropping fools, iron sights style?

Dirtini
Martini Henry (lvl10 Scout unlock)

My friend gifted me a copy of the PS4 version and wow the player base seems so 'dim'. Practically no one drops medkits, ammo, uses flares, revives - it's crazy! I've been playing the PC version for a couple weeks and the difference really is astounding. Any squad with a decent level of communication and movement would be near untouchable.

The Dude

It's funny because when I play support I set ammo crates down nonstop... At least, for myself to always have which means people around me are gonna get ammod up. Yea people are stupid as hell, it's like they don't even do it to help themselves

Dirtini
Martini Henry (lvl10 Scout unlock)

My friend gifted me a copy of the PS4 version and wow the player base seems so 'dim'. Practically no one drops medkits, ammo, uses flares, revives - it's crazy! I've been playing the PC version for a couple weeks and the difference really is astounding. Any squad with a decent level of communication and movement would be near untouchable.
Could be the influx of new players from Black Friday?

Agent

Could be the influx of new players from Black Friday?

Yeah, I've seen so many Level 0-5 players in Operations this weekend. It's been fantastic for leveling up my pilot rank as no one is competent enough to take down the attack plane. I've had so many bombing runs getting 3+ enemies on cap points along with racking up the spotting points. My pilot rank has gone from 2-7 in the last day. I've started playing 64 player Operations just to have more enemies to bomb. :p

I don't think I've seen an attacking team win yet in 64 player operations because of so many new players. I'm curious what the Holiday rush of noobs will bring in a month.

JJD

DICE needs to do something about armor balance.

There is little to no reason to pick anything but the heavy tank. The small tank is pretty much useless unless you (ironically) focus on infantry and infantry alone. The small tank has no chance against even a bad heavy driver if he focus on you.

The Landship can be viable if you have a coordinated squad. Good luck with that if you're not playing with friends.

Nothing can beat the Heavy flexibility. You can do well by yourself and if you got a coordinated squad you can easily dominate. Not only that but the heavy is a mobile spawn point.

I see almost no small tanks anymore. People who use then probably just don't know better. Landships are rare but you see one every now and then. Heavy's are EVERYWHERE.

I think the emergency repair should be exclusive to the small tank. It is too powerful if used well, the heavy and even the Landship are already well armored enough.

I hope they see into this, because until they do I'm never touching anything else besides a heavy tank from now on.

Damn just played a match, low level snipers on the attacking team makes it an extremely easy win defending. I even got kills in an attack plane! And I am terrible with planes :p

Also hit rank 10 on all the classes expect for support.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
DICE needs to do something about armor balance.

There is little to no reason to pick anything but the heavy tank. The small tank is pretty much useless unless you (ironically) focus on infantry and infantry alone. The small tank has no chance against even a bad heavy driver if he focus on you.

Ironically? That's exactly what the light tank is designed for, to wipe out infantry, and the Flanker variant is very damned good at it. Yeah, you probably won't be able to force cap points with it, but that's why the other two tanks exist.

If anything, it's the artillery truck that needs looking at. I don't think there's any reason to spawn into one unless you've unlocked the AA variant.

JJD

Ironically? That's exactly what the light tank is designed for, to wipe out infantry, and the Flanker variant is very damned good at it. Yeah, you probably won't be able to force cap points with it, but that's why the other two tanks exist.

If anything, it's the artillery truck that needs looking at. I don't think there's any reason to spawn into one unless you've unlocked the AA variant.

It's ironic because they nerfed it after complains that it was too powerful against infantry in the beta and in doing so they just made sure that the only way to effectively use it now is to completely focus on the same infantry and forget or run from the other tanks.

Nero397

Bought the game a couple days ago. I like it a lot, but there's one thing that bugs me. I can't go back to the main menu in the post-game screen, it just gets stuck in the loading screen and I have to close the game if I want to go back to the main menu. Is this a common issue?

Bought the game a couple days ago. I like it a lot, but there's one thing that bugs me. I can't go back to the main menu in the post-game screen, it just gets stuck in the loading screen and I have to close the game if I want to go back to the main menu. Is this a common issue?

im getting it, running on windows 10. happened twice already. Just got the game yesterday.

Same thing happen to me and my friends playing the game. Think it's a common issue.

Top Bottom