• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

terrible

Banned
Okay, I gotta admit that playing Scout can be fun if you push the objective and stay midrange. I'm really liking the bolt-action iron sight sniper and the flare gun is super useful. After I use both flares I feel completely helpless, though.
Playing as an aggressive scout is probably the most satisfying thing to do in the game. It's hard as heck though so I don't do it often but when you get into a groove it's amazing fun.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
After 74 hours I only have one class at level 10.

This is mine after 37 hours:

j06BzKz.png

The Dude

Anyone see any digital codes that are decent price anywhere? I wanna install it digitally since ffxv will be using my disc slot

Team balancing is utter horseshit if you solo queue. I get matched against a level 95, 72, 63 and 53 and I'm the only person above 50 on my team in rush (76). My teammates suck donkey balls every time and I fucking hate that.

Acinixys

Yes, they do. I'm level 40 of what... 100? And Only have rank 4 in each of the classes so far. That's insane.

I have 140 hours played, am rank 69 and only today got the last class to lvl 10

The grind is pretty intense, but not as bad as say BF3 level 100 colonel, which took me over 1000 hours to hit

Ever since they started charging for the crates my supply has completely dried up. I just don't get them anymore. It went from a couple a day to zero.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Ever since they started charging for the crates my supply has completely dried up. I just don't get them anymore. It went from a couple a day to zero.

I don't think the pay 4 crates is the reason for that. I have only received about 12 crates total in my entire time with the game.

Xater

I have 140 hours played, am rank 69 and only today got the last class to lvl 10

The grind is pretty intense, but not as bad as say BF3 level 100 colonel, which took me over 1000 hours to hit

How? I got all 4 to level 10 in under a hundred hours. I think it was around 90.

The Flash

Banned
Finally got Medic and Support to Rank 3 today. Think I'm going to call it quits there. Don't really enjoy playing those classes and the Rank 10 unlocks aren't really worth it.

Attacking is easy.

If you lost it has nothing to do with EA or DICE.

Ah but the amount of grenades that people have and the relative ease in which they can be replenished is something that DICE does have influence over.

DaciaJC

Gold Member

I got three today with 5-6 matches played. I seem to get them more often when I end at the top of the scoreboard, but there's still a semblance of randomness.

Orcus

I know that it is supposed to be random, but my anecdotal experience seems to indicate otherwise, at least prior to the list patch. Prior to the patch it seemed that I was more likely to get a battlepack if I scored top 5 over all for both teams, got on the leader board for "most things", or just joined a game moments before it ended. After the patch it does not seem to be following that same pattern, but it's still early and I don't nearly have the same amount of games since the patch. So far my frequency of getting awarded battle packs seems to be down.

It would be really interesting if the community tracked their stats vs. Battlepack drops to try and look for correlations over a large sample. Have any devs confirmed that it's truly just a RNG and chance, with no other weighting?

Heroman

Banned
Lol, yup. Shot six or seven of them down on Fao yesterday.

Bombers are advantageous up high, they're way too slow and easy a target to be swooping down low like I see most people doing.
The problem is that dive bombing is the best way to get kills so it lead to becoming sitting ducks

Urgh.... trying to get 10 squad suppression assists for this shitty medal is tough... I got one by chasing a squad member around like a creepy stalker on argonne forest and thats it.

Acinixys

Urgh.... trying to get 10 squad suppression assists for this shitty medal is tough... I got one by chasing a squad member around like a creepy stalker on argonne forest and thats it.

A lot of the medals have insanely stupid requirements

Get 5 revolver kills in one life?

Good fucking luck with that BS

Capsov

Level 10 in everything except scout. Cant seem to get the hang of that class. Seem to always get out gunned playing aggressively.

Finally had some time today to sit down a play for a few hours. Turned the head phones up and went to war. This game is so good.

I think I found the load out that fits me best. All about that medic life. Just had a game where I went 88-32 with a the most flag caps and a tonnn of revives.

I still only play solo and feel like I have had good success. I'm only a level 19 but I have 761 score per minute and a 64% win rate. Is that any good gaf?

terrible

Banned
Finally had some time today to sit down a play for a few hours. Turned the head phones up and went to war. This game is so good.

I think I found the load out that fits me best. All about that medic life. Just had a game where I went 88-32 with a the most flag caps and a tonnn of revives.

I still only play solo and feel like I have had good success. I'm only a level 19 but I have 761 score per minute and a 64% win rate. Is that any good gaf?

Yeah 64% is pretty good for solo play in this game I'd say. The autobalance in between rounds makes it really really hard to get on any half decent win streaks.

Pastry

Banned
Just got all four classes to level 9, I'm at 52 hours. My SPM is 850 and I've got a 1.46 k/d ratio. Pretty much exclusively play Conquest.

Just need to get lucky and find a squad with an exp boost so I can get them to 10 lol

Played Oil of Empires with a friend a few nights ago, defending. So many on our team were sniping from the far back of spawns and never going near objectives, even medics were doing it.

We basically got steamrolled on Fao Fortress and steamrolled until the final base on Suez where we held them back twice (and bloody hell did we fight for it), then we got steamrolled on Sinai Desert and were able to just edge out a win on the final set of bases.

Trust me, the dead guys on this list were snipers too (my squadmate was scout, but was using infantry rifle and attack/defending objectives up close).

The heavy tank might be the best antibomber in the game.

It's fine if you're facing the right direction and are on the right angled ground. Otherwise you're screwed.

Though ideally you'd be facing the enemy base to attack/defend it, and a good bomber will come from the sides.

Theorry

From reddit.

Been told this by someone 'ITK' who i do trust so make of this what you will.
Next patch will arive december 13th.
Will include new map Giants Shadow, Behemoth is once again armoured train. There will be all vehicles, including boats in the river. Will include storm effect dynamic weather
Big focus on UI, fixes for customization, medals and battlepack rewards are reworked.
More custom servers, including custom ticket rates.
When selecting operations, you will be able to choose to join as either attack or defend.
Quit button should finally be fixed
You will be rewarded scrap for being featured on the reward screen
**** some things he said about future developments that wont make it onto the next patch......
Huge artillery cannons will be the 'behemoth' on a map set over trenches such as in the pilot story.
Dogfight mode will be coming early next year, will include airships.
Character customization is NOT in the works.
There will be a snow map dlc pack and also 3 maps will be reworked to be set at night in another dlc, but both are far down the line

From reddit.

Been told this by someone 'ITK' who i do trust so make of this what you will.
Next patch will arive december 13th.
Will include new map Giants Shadow, Behemoth is once again armoured train. There will be all vehicles, including boats in the river. Will include storm effect dynamic weather
Big focus on UI, fixes for customization, medals and battlepack rewards are reworked.
More custom servers, including custom ticket rates.
When selecting operations, you will be able to choose to join as either attack or defend.
Quit button should finally be fixed
You will be rewarded scrap for being featured on the reward screen
**** some things he said about future developments that wont make it onto the next patch......
Huge artillery cannons will be the 'behemoth' on a map set over trenches such as in the pilot story.
Dogfight mode will be coming early next year, will include airships.
Character customization is NOT in the works.
There will be a snow map dlc pack and also 3 maps will be reworked to be set at night in another dlc, but both are far down the line

You can choose attack or defend? Welcome back stat padding - always Attack

Maps in the dark? Model 10 is purring at the thought

Donos

Had great fun with the Model 10 Hunter again last night. Killed some guys at close/mid distances where i bet they said "wtf" out loud :)

Then i got on the receiving end in one round and had 10 encounters with one M10 H user and he killed me 8 times. NERF THAT GUN... jk.

Better hit that first shot in a shotty vs shotty dance.

I now really prefer the Rocket Gun before Dynamite. Perfect for taking out snipers long range or people at windows

Donos

And planes
And retreating tanks that have made it to "safety" behind enemy lines
Stationary weapons from a distance too, like AA

At first i was "lol, you have to prone to use it? Not going to bother" coming from BF4 where you can fire rockets while runnning but it really grew on me.

Catching a plane is probably not that easy though.

Catching a plane is probably not that easy though.

It is surprisingly easy when they swoop down low and go slow. Unfortunately it's not powerful enough to always kill them, sometimes you just do some damage to a wing. Enough to scare off them away for a few minutes at least.

Usually does in the regon of 30-40 damage.

People on Reddit lol. People are all like "Stupid. Everybody will take defense on Monte Grappa" lol.
I will always take attack. Way more fun and more points even if you lose.

Yeah man and defense is far too time consuming if you are decent at it.

We held all three attacks on the first sector of Kaiser last night and it took bloody ages.

Attacking you can easily get 50k exp per run. It's a no brainer.

Top Bottom