• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

We got a negative number for the defense rating even though we essentially formed an unbreakable wall.

I don't think it's a NAT situation it's more like the section of the friends tab doesn't update to show you're party like it has done many times previously. There is no way to force a refresh. I'll have a try again tonight if your on so I can only hope for a sudden improvement. Though maybe it was my internet as the rubber banding was pretty mental to be honest last night.

I don't do it for anyone else out of fairness but I'll send you an invite as soon as I open the party mate.

Be ready to accept at 22:00 though because last night it literally filled in 3 seconds.

Recall

I don't do it for anyone else out of fairness but I'll send you an invite as soon as I open the party mate.

Be ready to accept at 22:00 though because last night it literally filled in 3 seconds.

Nah, don't send it. First come first in. Fair for all. I do appreciate the thought though :)

Nah, don't send it. First come first in. Fair for all. I do appreciate the thought though :)

We are such a good force attacking that we actually start pissing about

Redders was, as usual, top of the board.

I decided to respawn every time I died rather than letting him revive me and get the points.

Lol we still won massively and he still topped the board.

Recall

We are such a good force attacking that we actually start pissing about

Redders was, as usual, top of the board.

I decided to respawn every time I died rather than letting him revive me and get the points.

Lol we still won massively and he still topped the board.

He always runs in to danger, revives a player, and then both leave unscathed every time. Pro player Redders.

hoserx

Man, I miss Battlelog ...

All this loading and waiting, so unnecessary. With Battlelog I could simply have a bookmark, click quickmatch and do other stuff while it searches. No loading screen whatsoever.

I made my origin name during the Bf3 beta. Add me, my name is battlelogsucks. :p

Surfinn

All this loading and waiting, so unnecessary. With Battlelog I could simply have a bookmark, click quickmatch and do other stuff while it searches. No loading screen whatsoever.
Uh Hell no. Shit was a buggy mess.. I would be lucky to load in depending on how a patch went. After the Windows anniversary update I couldn't even fucking load the game because of the stupid browser setup.

Good riddance. Coming from someone with 2k hours +.

Plus you can easily alt tab and do whatever you want in windowless boarder.

Uh Hell no. Shit was a buggy mess.. I would be lucky to load in depending on how a patch went. After the Windows anniversary update I couldn't even fucking load the game because of the stupid browser setup.

And battlelog in general was completely useless on consoles. We basically had what we have now, only with the option of opening an in-game battlelog menu that didnt load half the time. Was complete garbage.

Theorry

Sigh i sometimes really hate my team. Flying my ass off a whole round. Keeping the skies clear, dropping flares on flags, going 50 and 1. Still nobody can cap a flag. Getting even all capped at one point.

terrible

Banned
Sigh i sometimes really hate my team. Flying my ass off a whole round. Keeping the skies clear, dropping flares on flags, going 50 and 1. Still nobody can cap a flag. Getting even all capped at one point.

I get a similar deal when I play Domination a lot of the time. I can either play musical flags and lose the flag I just capped as I'm going to another flag or defend and hold one flag the entire game with my teammates never capping the other two flags. It's a no win situation.

Random players just don't play objectives properly. They never will either so I should just shut up about it I guess lol.

And battlelog in general was completely useless on consoles. We basically had what we have now, only with the option of opening an in-game battlelog menu that didnt load half the time. Was complete garbage.

The battle reports were great though.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You can choose attack or defend? Welcome back stat padding - always Attack

Maps in the dark? Model 10 is purring at the thought

Man, I really enjoyed the intense defense we had last night. We kept them at bay in the first zone the entire time with tanks all over the place.

That was great fun.

Also, might be missing the games tonight as the wife and I are tackling organizing the basement this afternoon (evening for you UK'ers).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hey guys, picked this up on Black Friday despite being disappointed by the beta and man i love it. I love how visceral the gunplay feels, i love the gorgeous graphics on the Pro, and the absolutely chaotic war scenes. It's like playing Saving Private Ryan.

Anyway, I have always struggled with BF games due to the constant running and getting sniped, but with some patience I have learned how to stay alive in this game. Are there any groups that play every night? I have added myself to the google spreadsheet. PSN: SlimySnake

The thing i hate the most are medics who dont revive you. Why are you playing medic if you just run away from the dead guy?

Had this amazing moment yesterday when i snuck into this bunker where an entire team was camping and amidst all the mustard gas smoke i ended up taking out nearly all of them. hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKjGidSjbM8

Hey guys, picked this up on Black Friday despite being disappointed by the beta and man i love it.

Yeah, I actually really disliked the Beta, but since I'm a huge Battlefield nerd, I still bought BF1 day one and don't regret it at all. Turned out to be my favorite Battlefield ever.

Can't wait to see what's in store for this game. :)

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah, I actually really disliked the Beta, but since I'm a huge Battlefield nerd, I still bought BF1 day one and don't regret it at all. Turned out to be my favorite Battlefield ever.

Can't wait to see what's in store for this game. :)
The Conquest scoring system being fixed after the beta helped tremendously. Rush was absolutely broken in the beta as well.

I made my origin name during the Bf3 beta. Add me, my name is battlelogsucks. :p

Haha, nice. :)

Never experienced anything like that! Never heard of the issue either, but I guess I was lucky. Thing was marvelous though and easily the best server browser ever.

I didn't like the idea at launch but they did a fantastic job with it after launch. A real shame they decided to go backwards in this regard.

Recall

The Conquest scoring system being fixed after the beta helped tremendously. Rush was absolutely broken in the beta as well.

I've recently re-kindled my old love of conquest mode with BF1. A solid 30-40 minutes of non stop action, where all roles are vital and its a load of fun.

Surfinn

Haha, nice. :)

Never experienced anything like that! Never heard of the issue either, but I guess I was lucky. Thing was marvelous though and easily the best server browser ever.

I didn't like the idea at launch but they did a fantastic job with it after launch. A real shame they decided to go backwards in this regard.

I just don't see what it adds.. you can choose whatever kind of server you want in game. By using Battlelog, there were a lot more variables involved with connecting to and joining the game, resulting in lots of fuckups. It didn't get a whole lot better after launch, but I'm glad it worked for you. I like just connecting with one click instead of having to pray everything goes well and that the game launches and that you also made it into the right server. Lots of things went wrong, which is why they ultimately abandoned it, I'm sure.

Again.. why not just alt tab? I guess I just don't understand the convenience or advantage Battlelog provided (aside from a more robust server browser).

jediyoshi

I just don't see what it adds.. you can choose whatever kind of server you want in game. By using Battlelog, there were a lot more variables involved with connecting to and joining the game, resulting in lots of fuckups. It didn't get a whole lot better after launch, but I'm glad it worked for you. I like just connecting with one click instead of having to pray everything goes well and that the game launches and that you also made it into the right server. Lots of things went wrong, which is why they ultimately abandoned it, I'm sure.

Again.. why not just alt tab? I guess I just don't understand the convenience or advantage Battlelog provided (aside from a more robust server browser).

The UX overall has suffered because they haven't carried feature parity between the site companion and battlelog. What can you do in the loading screen in regards to your loadout for BF1? Even if you make the choice to give up exclusive fullscreen for quickly alt tabbing while ingame, you only get basic loadout slot options on the site. It's actually more absurd now because they're arbitrarily drawing a line between what you can do in the browser and what you can do ingame.

WillyFive

Nonsense, the game is much faster now that everything is in game. Booting up the game from scratch everytime you wanted to enter a server was a disaster.

I feel ya man, was good just jumping over quickly to the bookmarked server browser and having it load in the background. Now I have to fully commit haha

Lemnisc8

Needs testing but I'm pretty sure you can self repair tanks without being tanker clad if you spawn as support with the wrench as one of your gadgets.

Came in super useful when I pinched the opposite teams tank....

Unsure if big or intentional but I found it SUPER useful so I thought I'd share for you tank thieves haha

Surfinn

The UX overall has suffered because they haven't carried feature parity between the site companion and battlelog. What can you do in the loading screen in regards to your loadout for BF1? Even if you make the choice to give up exclusive fullscreen for quickly alt tabbing while ingame, you only get basic loadout slot options on the site. It's actually more absurd now because they're arbitrarily drawing a line between what you can do in the browser and what you can do ingame.

I didn't know you can't change your loadout from outside of the game.. I agree that needs to be fixed. My main gripe was the fact that there were so many bugs just LAUNCHING the game and entering a server through BL, so I'm glad that shit is gone.

While you're loading though, you can always customize your entire loadout through the phone app. It's easy to do and super fast.

Needs testing but I'm pretty sure you can self repair tanks without being tanker clad if you spawn as support with the wrench as one of your gadgets.

Came in super useful when I pinched the opposite teams tank....

Unsure if big or intentional but I found it SUPER useful so I thought I'd share for you tank thieves haha

On that note.. seriously screw people who abandon vehicles or get out for any reason other than to quickly repair (I still wouldn't do this though since tanks are so crucial now and fewer per match).

Never get out of your tank as driver.. it's far to risky.

But wow people who abandon vehicles at 5% HP, seriously you're fucking up the game badly. It's just begging to be repaired and stolen by the other team. I do this all the time when I see someone jump out.

Theorry

The Madsen storm is such a great gun also for all ranges. Recoil? What is that?
Only the mag placement is abit annoying. But you get used it quite fast.

Surfinn

The Madsen storm is such a great gun also for all ranges. Recoil? What is that?
Only the mag placement is abit annoying. But you get used it quite fast.

Is it better than the BAR? Been using that for almost 1k kills. Is it as good as the BAR for long distances?

Theorry

Is it better than the BAR? Been using that for almost 1k kills. Is it as good as the BAR for long distances?

Wouldnt say better. Have 1500 kills with the BAR also.
Its just more stable and bigger mag. Just abit less RPM and that mag placement.
Its good at range also. Just because of the low recoil and bigger mag.

terrible

Banned
I Like the BAR a fair bit more, the Madsen seems to get outgunned more up close and the side to side recoil is worse. I also sometimes fail to center my aim when I ADS because the huge clip throws me off lol. The extra 11 bullets (or is it 10) are nice though.

Yeah, I joined a game and transferred to a squad and for some reason was immediately made squad leader. The other guys in the squad started ripping me for it, until I started dropping orders left and right while we capped stuff which got them a ton of points and made them happy. I'm thinking, "great, these guys are actually going to be a good squad, they want to work together." And then all of them holed up in a building in one place because they decided they were all trying to get some medal that involves getting 5 kills without dying, and they just camped there for the entire map doing fuck all. I'm still dutifully giving objectives and following my own orders (which is a great way to get points; I was leading both teams for most of the map), but without any support whatsoever. This game would be perfect if not for all the dumbasses.

Lender

battlefield112.01.201etrla.jpg

Dem salty tears

Recall

Attacking we win, defending we win without losing a sector, tanks fear us, Redders aimbots with his syringe...

What's not to love?

Agent

Got my PS4 Pro tonight from the Amazon Cyber Monday sale. Graphically, I don't see a big difference. However, it is really nice to not have the menu lag or those stutters like the OG PS4 had. I have been getting some weird sound glitches though. I may delete the data and reinstall the game.

I wish my Sony 4K TV had HDR enabled as I'm sure that would make a difference. Kind of annoying a 2015 Sony can't do HDR mode. (I have a Sony XBR55X810C)

I just don't see what it adds.. you can choose whatever kind of server you want in game.

It adds convenience and flexibility; it gets rid of loading screens and forced waiting times. I could choose whatever kind of server I want in Battlelog too, I just didn't need to start the game and wait out the "Welcome to Battlefield ... Personalizing the experience for you ..." before being able to do so.

Alt-tabbing is slow and fucks up the window each time, which has been the case since Battlefield 3. Not worth it.

By using Battlelog, there were a lot more variables involved with connecting to and joining the game, resulting in lots of fuckups. It didn't get a whole lot better after launch, but I'm glad it worked for you. I like just connecting with one click instead of having to pray everything goes well and that the game launches and that you also made it into the right server. Lots of things went wrong, which is why they ultimately abandoned it, I'm sure..

Being frustrated with technical issues is completely understandable, but I'm not sure how it works as an argument in this case. It's not an issue with the model per se, just the execution. I'm not sure if your particular issue was widespread but I'm having my doubts considering the growth of the player base during that period. I mean, a lot of players would probably abandon pretty quickly if the freaking matchmaking system wasn't functional.

But wouldn't it be great to have the best of two worlds? I don't see why not!

Nonsense, the game is much faster now that everything is in game. Booting up the game from scratch everytime you wanted to enter a server was a disaster.

How on earth is it faster?

You're not "booting up from scratch everytime" with Battlelog. I don't think you know how Battlelog works?

I feel ya man, was good just jumping over quickly to the bookmarked server browser and having it load in the background. Now I have to fully commit haha

Yeah, it was great, especially if you had a favorite server. The server browsing was so trivial and now it requires ~2min of unnecessary attention before I'm on a server.

It's not a biggie, but it is a downgrade nonetheless. I've found myself playing less because of it.

Not sure I'm proud of this, but the other team didn't seem to want to kill us. We both had a heavy tank the entire round. I don't know the other dude, total rando.

Qenh0Fj.png

So defense in operations flat out sucks as it takes forever to complete.

We had that map last night for well over an hour and they never took the first sector and while it was a total victory it was incredibly dull especially against people who just run directly at you over and over again.

Attacking is over in a breeze, mere minutes and we've white washed the map, defense on the other hand is super slow not though lack of ability it's just tedious.

Sure when 11 of the 20 people in a team are all from the same community it's always going to be like that I guess.

Edit: Also I still can't see active parties on my PS4 until they've been active for at least 30 minutes meaning the likelihood of me joining UKPS4GAF again is slim at this rate. Though joining in session did work well enough I guess.

Defending on operations is a total slog. It often comes down to holding a specific bunker for like 500 tickets.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit, the servers are bad tonight. Packet loss that I haven't seen since BF4 hits. OMG.

I’m finally starting to get bored. I started up BF 1 then I’m like eh I really don’t want to play this and quit. I mean I pretty much done everything. I have all the level 10 weapons. I still need to get level 10 for tanker and pilot (I’m at 8 and 9) atm, but all you get is some skins so that’s whatever. I’m just getting tired of the meta (it’s pretty much everyone with a Hunter) and the maps are starting to annoy me at times. I've probably been playing too much really and need a break for a bit, probably until the new map that is supposedly this month. TF 2 is always a nice break from this game.

Man, I really enjoyed the intense defense we had last night. We kept them at bay in the first zone the entire time with tanks all over the place.

That was great fun.

Also, might be missing the games tonight as the wife and I are tackling organizing the basement this afternoon (evening for you UK'ers).

I think most of us are busy tonight anyway mate. I'll try my best to be on but I'll keep you all updated via the group chat

Attacking we win, defending we win without losing a sector, tanks fear us, Redders aimbots with his syringe...

What's not to love?

Me and you suicide running them tanks down 9 seconds into enemy territory. That was a great moment haha. They had no clue what was going on.

Redders is my satellite. Stay within 10m of me at all times and it's guaranteed revives haha.

Fatty with the 117 kills with the sniper.

He's a filthy stat padder ;) haha. To be fair that's the first time I've seen a sniper class challenge Redders for the top.

Top Bottom