• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Redders

People on Reddit lol. People are all like "Stupid. Everybody will take defense on Monte Grappa" lol.
I will always take attack. Way more fun and more points even if you lose.

Makes you wonder if everyone starts choosing to attack (why wouldn't you) it might start taking an age to actually get a game to start or you may never get a game haha.

Submissive sadomasochists

We should still do defense every now and again to mix it up a bit. Can be fun to frustrate the opposition.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
The M1903 Experimental may be a piece of crap performance-wise, but the animations for switching between the Pedersen device and the Mauser-style bolt for firing K bullets are a delight to watch.

Makes you wonder if everyone starts choosing to attack (why wouldn't you) it might start taking an age to actually get a game to start or you may never get a game haha.

We should still do defense every now and again to mix it up a bit. Can be fun to frustrate the opposition.

Yeah it's up to you guys. Majority vote will win I guess. Continue the cycle of maps and just say vote on defence/attack.

You know full well that people will get bored of steamrolling opponents and at least we can pick and choose where we defend haha

Redders

Yeah it's up to you guys. Majority vote will win I guess. Continue the cycle of maps and just say vote on defence/attack.

You know full well that people will get bored of steamrolling opponents and at least we can pick and choose where we defend haha

For sure, a good organised defence win can be as fun if not more than attacking sometimes, as long as you get rid of the behemoths quickly.

One I can see not being voted for defence is Oil of Empires.

For sure, a good organised defence win can be as fun if not more than attacking sometimes, as long as you get rid of the behemoths quickly.

One I can see not being voted for defence is Oil of Empires.

I was thinking Conquer Hell - that's so hit n miss for defence. It's either easy as hell or horrible.

Oil is piss easy to defend, just like Kaiser.

Iron Walls is usually easy but if you lose the first map without stopping the attackers it's a guaranteed loss.

I can't believe we stopped all three waves on the first sector of kaiser last night. That behemoth take down....

Redders

I was thinking Conquer Hell - that's so hit n miss for defence. It's either easy as hell or horrible.

Oil is piss easy to defend, just like Kaiser.

Iron Walls is usually easy but if you lose the first map without stopping the attackers it's a guaranteed loss.

I can't believe we stopped all three waves on the first sector of kaiser last night. That behemoth take down....

Just find repeatedly dying to the Deadnought irritating, so don't enjoy that one as much whereas the train and airship are easier to take down.

Was a very good defence, improved on what we did on Saturday.

Just find repeatedly dying to the Deadnought irritating, so don't enjoy that one as much whereas the train and airship are easier to take down.

Was a very good defence, improved on what we did on Saturday.

It just goes to show that organised defence is just as potent as organised attack.

Obviously organised attack VS organised defence is a different matter.

Organised anything > peasants. Let's just have that be known haha

web01

I really hope that thing about choosing attack or defend when searching operations is wrong. They should be undoing some of the ticket increases and even better balancing them on per operation basis.

I really hope that thing about choosing attack or defend when searching operations is wrong. They should be undoing some of the ticket increases and even better balancing them on per operation basis.

Yeah for real man....

Sadly DICE are very 'reactionary' and will likely only change it if the pendulum massively swings back in 'attack' favour. Which it will of course.

The Flash

Banned
From reddit.

Been told this by someone 'ITK' who i do trust so make of this what you will.
Next patch will arive december 13th.
Will include new map Giants Shadow, Behemoth is once again armoured train. There will be all vehicles, including boats in the river. Will include storm effect dynamic weather
Big focus on UI, fixes for customization, medals and battlepack rewards are reworked.
More custom servers, including custom ticket rates.
When selecting operations, you will be able to choose to join as either attack or defend.
Quit button should finally be fixed
You will be rewarded scrap for being featured on the reward screen
**** some things he said about future developments that wont make it onto the next patch......
Huge artillery cannons will be the 'behemoth' on a map set over trenches such as in the pilot story.
Dogfight mode will be coming early next year, will include airships.
Character customization is NOT in the works.
There will be a snow map dlc pack and also 3 maps will be reworked to be set at night in another dlc
, but both are far down the line

Night maps are cool and all but I'd prefer completely original maps. Not unless these will be free maps then go for it.

Night maps are cool and all but I'd prefer completely original maps. Not unless these will be free maps then go for it.

Night maps will feel like completely new maps I think.

Oil of Empires would be shit at night, so would Conquer Hell

Iron Walls and Kaiserslacht would be epic though

Night maps will feel like completely new maps I think.

Oil of Empires would be shit at night, so would Conquer Hell

Iron Walls and Kaiserslacht would be epic though

You spend most of an iron walls match in the bunkers anyway so what difference would the time of day make?

Anything to limit snipers vision and force them to push closer is good in my book though.

You spend most of an iron walls match in the bunkers anyway so what difference would the time of day make?

Anything to limit snipers vision and force them to push closer is good in my book though.

I was thinking more for the parts of the map that aren't in the bunkers and the map that follows. Would be nice.

If they do night maps they better add spotlight's so you can have a player on the spotlight and a sniper nearby. They could give the spotlight guy points for 'spotting' the enemy so it's not a waste of time.

But its SOO even now!

66312435.jpg

Then again I use the model 10 so.... I'm the lowest of the low as it is.

Last night I actually got the most deaths in the game and still came top hahah

There was a game last night (defending) where I got something 41-11 and still only came 5th. GAF on roids, seriously.

Yeah I came second on that one with the most deaths again. Kaiserslacht.

I think the tank guy killed me 20 times.

Organised defence is just 600 tickets to kill for us :)

I was thinking more for the parts of the map that aren't in the bunkers and the map that follows. Would be nice.

If they do night maps they better add spotlight's so you can have a player on the spotlight and a sniper nearby. They could give the spotlight guy points for 'spotting' the enemy so it's not a waste of time.

The blimps having huge spotlights sweeping the mountain auto spotting enemies sounds pretty cool actually. If they get the visibility right and not just turn the sky black and disable shadows it should be a lot of fun.

I only noticed the other day that the street lamps in amians have small flickering flames in them. If they get the lighting right then it could be awesome.

The blimps having huge spotlights sweeping the mountain auto spotting enemies sounds pretty cool actually. If they get the visibility right and not just turn the sky black and disable shadows it should be a lot of fun.

I only noticed the other day that the street lamps in amians have small flickering flames in them. If they get the lighting right then it could be awesome.

Yeah definitely. Spotlights on the 'objectives' too. I mean on the one hand you'll have snipers taking them out all the god damn time but maybe a support class could keep fixing them too....

Marc

If you can choose attack or defence then they may as well just get rid of defending (stick in bots).

Very few half decent players are going to be dumb enough to pick defence constantly so you're only going to get randoms that have no sense with the odd proper player looking for a challenge.

Was anyone asking for this? Seems weird to pull that one out of your arse.

Night maps could be fun, be cool if each player gets a flare (that actually goes up) to light an area up.

tumblr_miu2t9Fsya1qf27c6o1_1280.gif

Night maps would only be fun if it was actually dark. Like, can't see dark. Actually having to rely on lights, dark.

I hate 'night time' in games when the sky is just black but you can still easily see everything.

terrible

Banned
Night maps would only be fun if it was actually dark. Like, can't see dark. Actually having to rely on lights, dark.

I hate 'night time' in games when the sky is just black but you can still easily see everything.

The night maps in BF4 were kind of cool. It wasn't pitch black outside but on Zavod you could actually shoot the lights out and make it pitch black in the basement tunnels.

JDB

Banned

From what I remember they tried making Zavod in BF4 really dark, but they couldn't release it on console as the added lights caused performance issues. So prepare for more Death Valley style 'night time' maps.

noomi

It's seriously starting to piss me off that there is no fix for SLI configurations yet.

I will never have an SLI setup again after this, constant problems. Going to invest in one good card from now on.

Theorry

I'm going to assume night maps will be free like in BF4.

I hope so. Because i like night maps but overall its more a gimmick and fun for a moment and then you go back to the normal maps again. Hopefully these night maps dont take up one of the dlc slots. I want new maps then.

dragos495

oh my god!

cant wait for that new stuff! been lazy with my bf these days, with the new oled coming and an xbone s.

have to force myself back into bf but once im there, the disk will stay in for months! :)

Recall

So defense in operations flat out sucks as it takes forever to complete.

We had that map last night for well over an hour and they never took the first sector and while it was a total victory it was incredibly dull especially against people who just run directly at you over and over again.

Attacking is over in a breeze, mere minutes and we've white washed the map, defense on the other hand is super slow not though lack of ability it's just tedious.

Sure when 11 of the 20 people in a team are all from the same community it's always going to be like that I guess.

Edit: Also I still can't see active parties on my PS4 until they've been active for at least 30 minutes meaning the likelihood of me joining UKPS4GAF again is slim at this rate. Though joining in session did work well enough I guess.

Man, I miss Battlelog ...

All this loading and waiting, so unnecessary. With Battlelog I could simply have a bookmark, click quickmatch and do other stuff while it searches. No loading screen whatsoever.

So defense in operations flat out sucks as it takes forever to complete.

We had that map last night for well over an hour and they never took the first sector and while it was a total victory it was incredibly dull especially against people who just run directly at you over and over again.

Attacking is over in a breeze, mere minutes and we've white washed the map, defense on the other hand is super slow not though lack of ability it's just tedious.

Sure when 11 of the 20 people in a team are all from the same community it's always going to be like that I guess.

Edit: Also I still can't see active parties on my PS4 until they've been active for at least 30 minutes meaning the likelihood of me joining UKPS4GAF again is slim at this rate. Though joining in session did work well enough I guess.

That sucks man, have you trouble shooted to see if you need to change NAT type etc??

Yeah we held 600 tickets and two zeppelins on first sector of Kaiser. Weak defence.....
Makes no sense.

Attacking is hilarious when you go against a bunch of peasants. You just roll over them. It's more of a challenge against good people but even so...

Recall

That sucks man, have you trouble shooted to see if you need to change NAT type etc??

Yeah we held 600 tickets and two zeppelins on first sector of Kaiser. Weak defence.....
Makes no sense.

Attacking is hilarious when you go against a bunch of peasants. You just roll over them. It's more of a challenge against good people but even so...

We got a negative number for the defense rating even though we essentially formed an unbreakable wall.

I don't think it's a NAT situation it's more like the section of the friends tab doesn't update to show you're party like it has done many times previously. There is no way to force a refresh. I'll have a try again tonight if your on so I can only hope for a sudden improvement. Though maybe it was my internet as the rubber banding was pretty mental to be honest last night.

Top Bottom