• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Foxxsoxx

So after playing this a while, I really miss vehicles like in BF3/BF4. It just isn't the same with the occasional tank passing by. The transport vehicles that are there control pretty horrible as well, you would think they would have fixed that by now. Hardline made progress there and they took it a step back again.

Maybe the first DLC will bless us with some vehicle combat...

Yeah I am hunting this one as well. Bought two enhanced battlepacks already just to find that both have the Benet-Mercie inside.Damnit.

Bought them with scrap or money?

If only we could trade weapon skins, I'd like a Bennet-Mercenary one.

If you buy the season pass later, do you get all the battlepacks you missed out on or just from the month you buy it?

kriskrosbbk

Bought them with scrap or money?

If only we could trade weapon skins, I'd like a Bennet-Mercenary one.

If you buy the season pass later, do you get all the battlepacks you missed out on or just from the month you buy it?

Scrap of course! It was like this with BF4 so I guess,yes.

noomi

Gave up waiting on the SLI flicker fix, selling my 980's and replacing them with a single 1080GTX. SLI... never again

noomi

I was going to SLI 1080's, glad I didn't.

I've heard that 1080's do no that have the SLI flickering issue, not sure how true that statement is.

Don't mean to derail this thread, but I have had nothing but bad luck with SLI and I'm so fucking sick of it. BF1 was the last straw, and going forward I am only investing in single cards.

I'd pay money for a really sweet Model 10 one but it'd have to be really nice.

Other than that i'll just keep scrapping until I get one.

I have The Riot (orange) and The Brawler (blue) for the model 10. To be honest, getting The Riot skin was what made me unlock the gun and try it out in the first place. For assault I either use that gun or the hellreigel with The Snail, with the assault level 10 revolver with that gaudy golden skin. I do want the puzzle knife though but only have 1 piece so far.

I have The Riot (orange) and The Brawler (blue) for the model 10. To be honest, getting The Riot skin was what made me unlock the gun and try it out in the first place. For assault I either use that gun or the hellreigel with The Snail, with the assault level 10 revolver with that gaudy golden skin. I do want the puzzle knife though but only have 1 piece so far.

That sounds like a sweet set up

I use Model 10 and revolver too. Full on balls out.

That sounds like a sweet set up

I use Model 10 and revolver too. Full on balls out.

The No 3 Revolver is good but the gasser is shit. I sometimes use the C3PO pistol or whatever it's called from support level 10 but I rarely actually use the side arm, I'm usually dead by the time I've shot my primary load.

The model 10 seems too inconsistent to me. Sometimes I only need to wave it in the direction of an enemy and they'll die, other times I can ADS with the barrel 5 feet from their chest and get 20 damage. Loving the Hellreigel except the ammo capacity. I can spank 120 rounds in no time and blueberry supports rarely resupply you.

The No 3 Revolver is good but the gasser is shit. I sometimes use the C3PO pistol or whatever it's called from support level 10 but I rarely actually use the side arm, I'm usually dead by the time I've shot my primary load.

The model 10 seems too inconsistent to me. Sometimes I only need to wave it in the direction of an enemy and they'll die, other times I can ADS with the barrel 5 feet from their chest and get 20 damage. Loving the Hellreigel except the ammo capacity. I can spank 120 rounds in no time and blueberry supports rarely resupply you.

Blueberry supports! hahaha that's brilliant

I call them peasants usually.

You aren't wrong. For all the OP cries about the model 10 it's definitely very inconsistent.

TheZink

I’m finally starting to get bored. I started up BF 1 then I’m like eh I really don’t want to play this and quit. I mean I pretty much done everything. I have all the level 10 weapons. I still need to get level 10 for tanker and pilot (I’m at 8 and 9) atm, but all you get is some skins so that’s whatever. I’m just getting tired of the meta (it’s pretty much everyone with a Hunter) and the maps are starting to annoy me at times. I've probably been playing too much really and need a break for a bit, probably until the new map that is supposedly this month. TF 2 is always a nice break from this game.
I'm feeling this a bit too. A rarely got tired of BF4. New maps are needed

At that point I guess it's down to your levels going up so....
Dogtags for milestone levels like level 80 and level 90 etc...
Also Warbonds so you can diversify your loadouts

Im like level 59 at 48 hours and i have everything unlocked on medic, assault and support. Sniper i dont really use.

I feel like this part could really be improved. I feel like ive already gotten everything i wanted. In Bf4, theres was tons of stuff i still didnt have even after 200 hours.

Im like level 59 at 48 hours and i have everything unlocked on medic, assault and support. Sniper i dont really use.

I feel like this part could really be improved. I feel like ive already gotten everything i wanted. In Bf4, theres was tons of stuff i still didnt have even after 200 hours.

The only arguement against that is BF4 is set in modern day when weapon customization was much more optional.

In WW1 era it was literally guns and melee and that's it. No fancy stock, no fancy reticle etc...

However I do completely agree we need something to do once all weapons unlocked. I wish we could customize our soldier.

I'm nearly level 80 so..... yeah got so many warbonds I'm never gonna use

Blueberry supports! hahaha that's brilliant

I call them peasants usually.

You aren't wrong. For all the OP cries about the model 10 it's definitely very inconsistent.

The other day when you couldn't make it on there was a Canadian guy in the group, can't remember his name, and he kept calling the peasants blueberrys, I love the term so I've full on pinched it. Apparently it comes from Dust on the PS3 or something.

When has the GAFVGAF event been rescheduled to? I work 1 weekend a month so there's a 1 in 4 chance I'll miss it. Should be on this Friday night though, I need to get 5 explosive kills in a life for a medal so gonna need some revives to get that done unless I get lucky with a full tank kill.

The other day when you couldn't make it on there was a Canadian guy in the group, can't remember his name, and he kept calling the peasants blueberrys, I love the term so I've full on pinched it. Apparently it comes from Dust on the PS3 or something.

When has the GAFVGAF event been rescheduled to? I work 1 weekend a month so there's a 1 in 4 chance I'll miss it. Should be on this Friday night though, I need to get 5 explosive kills in a life for a medal so gonna need some revives to get that done unless I get lucky with a full tank kill.

No idea as of yet. My little one is poorly which is why it was rescheduled - it seems alot of other people couldn't make it too.

Stick with me for the explosive medal buddy. I'll nearly destroy it so you can throw the last anti-tank to wipe it out.

Why do you make me beg for help, GAF?

Originally Posted by AnotherNils

Is it me or was there an option to make vehicle zoom toggle in BF4? I can't find it here.

If you mean 'cockpit view' to 'outside of vehicle view' thats R3

If you mean zoom in with weapons - that's L2

If you mean 'look under the plane to drop bombs' that's L2 also I believe

terrible

Banned

I think it comes from the names/icons of non squad members being blue in BF3. That was the first time I heard it anyway.

Could a mod move this thread into Community now?

Thanks

😏

I suggested this too a couple weeks back, I figured it'd happen when the OT ticks over to OT2 anyway?

The hellrieger needs a nerf, all you see. No point using the other smgs when you have it unlocked

I find the MP18 alot more highly used and also tbf alot more potent. The Hellreigel is crap from range but the MP18 is a lazer pointer

terrible

Banned
The Hellriegel is a straight upgrade in pretty much every way other than hipfire over the MP18. From close range to like 30-50m it's an absolute monster. The only problem is you're looking for ammo 24/7 when you use it.

If you mean 'cockpit view' to 'outside of vehicle view' thats R3

If you mean zoom in with weapons - that's L2

If you mean 'look under the plane to drop bombs' that's L2 also I believe
Toggle. As in click the left trigger once and it stays zoomed in. Did this all the time in BF4. ONLY on vehicles.

No idea as of yet. My little one is poorly which is why it was rescheduled - it seems alot of other people couldn't make it too.

Stick with me for the explosive medal buddy. I'll nearly destroy it so you can throw the last anti-tank to wipe it out.

Hows she doing now? One of my daughters had a collapsed lung at birth and it effectively died. Now whenever she gets a cold or a sniffle she's hospitalized with plummeting O2 stats. She has 2 inhalers she has to have every day too so I know that toddler respiratory issues are no joke.

Not many people were on for the GvG event so we just did some Operations and a bit of Rush. I heard that the rented server options are pretty slim so it may be worth waiting until we have more control over it too.

And I really don't think the Model 10 is OP either, I think it just makes me play better. I charge in with it where I'd hang back with the Hellreigel. And as the saying goes, 'fortune favors the asshole with the shotgun'.

I suggested this too a couple weeks back, I figured it'd happen when the OT ticks over to OT2 anyway?

I find the MP18 alot more highly used and also tbf alot more potent. The Hellreigel is crap from range but the MP18 is a lazer pointer
Nope, they both have the exact same damage model except the hellrieger has 60round mag, less upward recoil and faster fire rate.

Toggle. As in click the left trigger once and it stays zoomed in. Did this all the time in BF4. ONLY on vehicles.

Yeah I think you'd need to change your settings so that every gun is toggle.... a pain in the ass

Hows she doing now? One of my daughters had a collapsed lung at birth and it effectively died. Now whenever she gets a cold or a sniffle she's hospitalized with plummeting O2 stats. She has 2 inhalers she has to have every day too so I know that toddler respiratory issues are no joke.

Not many people were on for the GvG event so we just did some Operations and a bit of Rush. I heard that the rented server options are pretty slim so it may be worth waiting until we have more control over it too.

And I really don't think the Model 10 is OP either, I think it just makes me play better. I charge in with it where I'd hang back with the Hellreigel. And as the saying goes, 'fortune favors the asshole with the shotgun'.

Yeah she's not much different mate but she's slowly getting better. I know all about that inhaler game. Every 4 hours without fail. Life feels alot differently with no longer than 4 hour sleep.

When the 'private server' option is live I'd get a permanent server to save time.

Im just poking fun. OTs are moved to Community one month after the game's release, but there are some... exceptions :p

When the 'questions about the game' became fewer than the 'players of the game discussing playing which each other' I suggested it should go to community anyway.

If nobody else does then I'd happily start the next OT since I'm probably one of the biggest contributors anyway haha

terrible

Banned
I was using the Selbstlader a tiny bit last night. At one point I must've wiped out 5-6 people in a row and I looked down at my ammo count and I still had 10 bullets left, enough to take out a couple more people. That massive clip size catches me off guard, I keep wanting to reload when I don't have to. I think I still prefer the Autoloading 8 Extended more just because of how spammable it is up close but as long as you don't get too excited and fire too fast making you miss all your shots the Selbstlader is nice.

edit: I tried getting into the UK GAF games last night but had no luck. 30 minutes in a queue was enough for me to give up lol.

I was using the Selbstlader a tiny bit last night. At one point I must've wiped out 5-6 people in a row and I looked down at my ammo count and I still had 10 bullets left, enough to take out a couple more people. That massive clip size catches me off guard, I keep wanting to reload when I don't have to. I think I still prefer the Autoloading 8 Extended more just because of how spammable it is up close but as long as you don't get too excited and fire too fast making you miss all your shots the Selbstlader is nice.

edit: I tried getting into the UK GAF games last night but had no luck. 30 minutes in a queue was enough for me to give up lol.

Yeah people have been experiencing big problems getting in at the moment. I am not sure if I'll be on tonight but I'll keep the group updated either way. I'll ping you an invite as soon as party is up if you are on. That normally works for those struggling.

I think it should be the first OT to become a permanent staple of gaming side.

Well it makes my life easier when I look for it haha

When the 'questions about the game' became fewer than the 'players of the game discussing playing which each other' I suggested it should go to community anyway.

If nobody else does then I'd happily start the next OT since I'm probably one of the biggest contributors anyway haha
Feel free to copy and paste my post, just mention who did the art work if anything. 2nd OT is after 400 pages for 50 ppp.

Edit: and include the wall of Shame as well ;p

Edit2: if there is a ww2 BF game I prob will want to do the OT for that as well :3

Feel free to copy and paste my post, just mention who did the art work if anything. 2nd OT is after 400 pages for 50 ppp.

Edit: and include the wall of Shame as well ;p

Edit2: if there is a ww2 BF game I prob will want to do the OT for that as well :3

The passing of the mantle haha. Will do bud.

Yeah man you go ahead with any future OT's. I am never quick enough to start one anyway haha.

Redders

Think that's where I went wrong when I tried to use it, kept getting pissed off at how many shots I was missing. Be hard to break the habit now though with 2,815 Autoloading kills.

The passing of the mantle haha. Will do bud.

Yeah man you go ahead with any future OT's. I am never quick enough to start one anyway haha.
We need to spam post more to reach the page limit as well :p

And haha I actually worked on it like 2 nights before. Barely manage to get it done on time.

Think that's where I went wrong when I tried to use it, kept getting pissed off at how many shots I was missing. Be hard to break the habit now though with 2,815 Autoloading kills.

36 service stars with the model 10 for me.... As I say my next most is three with the dynamite haha. I did like the selb when I used it too. Briefly.

We need to spam post more to reach the page limit as well :p

And haha I actually worked on it like 2 nights before. Barely manage to get it done on time.

Yeah I'm sure it'll be achieved in time mate.

Running at tanks with a limpet charge in hand is the new e-sport.

Switch to dynamite mate. It's a game changer.

I thought it was fun with just me doing it but with me AND you doing it.... they haven't got a chance. Imagine the fear of someone being held at their spawn line when they are supposed to be attacking.... and we run into their territory to suicide blow up the tanks

Top Bottom