• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Recall

Switch to dynamite mate. It's a game changer.

I thought it was fun with just me doing it but with me AND you doing it.... they haven't got a chance. Imagine the fear of someone being held at their spawn line when they are supposed to be attacking.... and we run into their territory to suicide blow up the tanks

I have no confidence in surviving as with dynamite I need to detonate it, while a limpet charge blows regardless if the timer hits zero or I get shot at. All or nothing!

Surfinn

Switch to dynamite mate. It's a game changer.

I thought it was fun with just me doing it but with me AND you doing it.... they haven't got a chance. Imagine the fear of someone being held at their spawn line when they are supposed to be attacking.... and we run into their territory to suicide blow up the tanks

Spawn camping?

I have no confidence in surviving as with dynamite I need to detonate it, while a limpet charge blows regardless if the timer hits zero or I get shot at. All or nothing!

It needs a buff, I think. I say 40-45 dmg.

terrible

Banned
Yeah people have been experiencing big problems getting in at the moment. I am not sure if I'll be on tonight but I'll keep the group updated either way. I'll ping you an invite as soon as party is up if you are on. That normally works for those struggling.

Ya I saw the messages pop up from people saying they were having trouble even seeing the party. I didn't have any of those problems though and it allowed me to attempt to join on you just fine. The problem was your game filled up and nobody left I guess haha.

Think that's where I went wrong when I tried to use it, kept getting pissed off at how many shots I was missing. Be hard to break the habit now though with 2,815 Autoloading kills.

It's really tricky going from the Autoloading to the Selbstlader and I haven't used the Autoloading anywhere near as much as you. Whenever I'd just calmly place my shots people would drop like flies but as soon as I started hitting the fire rate cap every single shot except the first one would miss even at close range. I feel like once I get used to it it'll be really good.

Theorry

Support is now my most used class. In every Battlefield i played it was always third.
Just because of the BAR, Madsen and MG15 really i think. Awesome guns.

Surfinn

Heavy tank for me, just short of my 10th with 998 kills. 298 for the Frag/Stick Grenade, love that thing.

Yup frag nade is really good. I'm up to 65 stars (heavy tank) and 6.5k kills. People get pissed off instantly when they see you with 10 or more stars for whatever reason.

The only arguement against that is BF4 is set in modern day when weapon customization was much more optional.

In WW1 era it was literally guns and melee and that's it. No fancy stock, no fancy reticle etc...

However I do completely agree we need something to do once all weapons unlocked. I wish we could customize our soldier.

I'm nearly level 80 so..... yeah got so many warbonds I'm never gonna use

Ill still play, i played BF4 over 200 hours. But ive never gotten everything as fast as in this game before.

Ill still play, i played BF4 over 200 hours. But ive never gotten everything as fast as in this game before.

Yeah the 4 DLC's will apparently add a load of new weapons etc...

I'll be surprised if they don't increase the level cap too. Especially with so many people nearing level 100 this soon after game release. Double xp too.....

Redders

It's really tricky going from the Autoloading to the Selbstlader and I haven't used the Autoloading anywhere near as much as you. Whenever I'd just calmly place my shots people would drop like flies but as soon as I started hitting the fire rate cap every single shot except the first one would miss even at close range. I feel like once I get used to it it'll be really good.

A bit like the Mondragon that you have to control your shots more then. I'd be fine at range but attacking/defending on flags majority is pretty close range so I'd find it hard to be calmly placing my shots!

Yup frag nade is really good. I'm up to 65 stars (heavy tank) and 6.5k kills. People get pissed off instantly when they see you with 10 or more stars for whatever reason.

Ouch, I think I would hate you on as well if I came across you in a game haha! I'll have to stay below 10 stars now somehow.

Surfinn

You say spawn camping I say - they have a massive wide area and boats and tanks and a dreadnought....

If they can't even break into our territory then two things;

A) They aren't good enough

B) Oil of Empires is a terrible map
I say.. spawn camping should NEVER be encouraged or excused. That's awful. Ruins the fun.

Play people straight up.

Ouch, I think I would hate you on as well if I came across you in a game haha! I'll have to stay below 10 stars now somehow.

Haha, nah man keep at it. Don't let some haters bring you down for being good at the game. ;)

unlocked the martini henry last night, went 52-4 sniping in one round, gat dayum.

I recently unlocked the martini as well. Nonetheless I did terrible with it :/

And does anyone tend to play X country using X weapons? For example whenever I am on the German Empire, I tend to use the Mp-18 and Luger.

Alpende

True, but it would be far too OP if they did that. You'd need to cut the damage to 20 a piece or something. Which is totally doable.

Or insta disable when you get hit with a charge, though I could see that being really OP too.

Agreed. They are pretty strong so giving two would be OP. I also love blowing up houses with those limpet charges.

The Flash

Banned
And does anyone tend to play X country using X weapons? For example whenever I am on the German Empire, I tend to use the Mp-18 and Luger.

Kinda. I like to play as the Germans whenever possible because I like their uniforms, weapons, and language the best.

Also if you're one of those people who made it so all the factions speak English, just uninstall the game. We don't need your kind here.

I dunno how they greenlit dreadnoughts. Ridiculous.

They should have half the health they currently do and only be usable for one sector in Operations.

I dunno how they greenlit dreadnoughts. Ridiculous.

They should have half the health they currently do and only be usable for one sector in Operations.

At first I had no idea what you were talking about, then I saw "Operations" at the very end and was like "Ah.... now it makes sense." Because in Conquest, Dreadnoughts rarely do much of anything. I feel like I've died to them maybe a handful of times in ~80+ hours of play.

I don't know why behemoths exist in Operations to begin with, considering how tiny the playable area is.

Surfinn

Agreed. They are pretty strong so giving two would be OP. I also love blowing up houses with those limpet charges.

My main problem with them is that you've gotta risk your life to do like 35 dmg to a tank that can easily insta repair, turn, and blow your ass up. Seems like a LOT of risk and little reward to take an entire slot in your arsenal. I say increase damage or provide two for 40-45 dmg total. If you are able to run your ass up on a tank, you should be rewarded.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
It needs a buff, I think. I say 40-45 dmg.

I get 38 damage against heavies with them, seems pretty good to me. Heavy tanks and landships shouldn't be able to insta-repair, though, getting a track disabled by a limpet charge should strike fear into the driver's heart and not be something to shrug off by pressing 3 or 4.

Surfinn

I get 38 damage against heavies with them, seems pretty good to me. Heavy tanks and landships shouldn't be able to insta-repair, though, getting a track disabled by a limpet charge should strike fear into the driver's heart and not be something to shrug off by pressing 3 or 4.

Is it 38? Wonder if it matters where they are placed.

I'd agree if they put a limit on how long you're disabled though, like in BF4, instead of being permanently disabled until you repair in some way.

Lender

I recently unlocked the martini as well. Nonetheless I did terrible with it :/

The MH takes some getting used to, but it can be such a beast, albeit a bit inconsistent at times.

Man I love Operations. I'm lttp between the backlog and waiting for the Pro.
I haven't defended yet so we'll see how long I dig it.
So I'm playing as a Medic and I'm only level 12. I'm still using the same gun I was given in the beginning. What guns am I looking to try and which to avoid.
There are more guns right?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So I'm playing as a Medic and I'm only level 12. I'm still using the same gun I was given in the beginning. What guns am I looking to try and which to avoid.

I love the Mondragon Storm or the Selblaster (sp) Marksman for Medic.

You have to spent war bonds to unlock them, as you level up your class, you gain accesses to more weapons. A good thing about less weapons (compare to bf4) there is more of a balance. Frankly I haven't found a weapon I hate and can perform well with all of them.

The Flash

Banned
When you hit the sweet spot on the Gewehr 98 just right

Cdv9uNe.png

Orcus

Think that's where I went wrong when I tried to use it, kept getting pissed off at how many shots I was missing. Be hard to break the habit now though with 2,815 Autoloading kills.
Yeah, you have to time the shots correctly with the Selbstlader and stand still, too fast and the bullets start coming out at 90 degree angles, but you can get away with some movement at short/medium range as long as the timing is good. The accuracy at range is a laser, I out snipe snipers all the time. Between that and the mag capacity it's my go to medic rifle.

If the map or situation are going to require more CQB then the Autoloading is where it's at. Fantastic gun for making the medic playable up close.

Surfinn

99% of the time they don't make a difference. The team using them already lost.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the superweapons in general. Just bring back ticket bleed so the opposition has a serious chance of staging a comeback.

Ticket bleed makes comebacks feel much more rewarding and skill based.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
This deflection mechanic is really starting to get on my nerves. I understand shots grazing off if your shells are coming in nearly parallel to the target, but when you aim near center-mass at a heavy tank with an AT gun and two shells in a row bounce off and do 3 fucking damage because the turret happens to be slightly sloped, I want to scream.

Hey guys, picked this up on Black Friday despite being disappointed by the beta and man i love it. I love how visceral the gunplay feels, i love the gorgeous graphics on the Pro, and the absolutely chaotic war scenes. It's like playing Saving Private Ryan.

Anyway, I have always struggled with BF games due to the constant running and getting sniped, but with some patience I have learned how to stay alive in this game. Are there any groups that play every night? I have added myself to the google spreadsheet. PSN: SlimySnake

The thing i hate the most are medics who dont revive you. Why are you playing medic if you just run away from the dead guy?

Had this amazing moment yesterday when i snuck into this bunker where an entire team was camping and amidst all the mustard gas smoke i ended up taking out nearly all of them. hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKjGidSjbM8

Yeah it looks great on the Pro.

Some of the medics might not have the revive kit equipped.

Surfinn

This deflection mechanic is really starting to get on my nerves. I understand shots grazing off if your shells are coming in nearly parallel to the target, but when you aim near center-mass at a heavy tank with an AT gun and two shells in a row bounce off and do 3 fucking damage because the turret happens to be slightly sloped, I want to scream.
Yup agreed. What does this add to the game? Coming from someone who lives in tanks.

Yeah it looks great on the Pro.

Some of the medics might not have the revive kit equipped.
I still wonder if the revive icon shows up if the medic doesn't have the syringe ( revive kit).

Edit: PTFO, spam medic packs and ammo packs, spotting fares. Also be in a airship, train, battleship as that class. Same goes for taking them down on the AA gun, field gun, etc.

The Dude

Not sure I'm proud of this, but the other team didn't seem to want to kill us. We both had a heavy tank the entire round. I don't know the other dude, total rando.

Qenh0Fj.png

Again, I've never seen that. The minute I'm in a tank the expendables are on me instantly

Top Bottom