• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

terrible

Banned
My friend and I just went on a 29 game winning streak in Domination, just the two of us. That felt good. I'm falling in love with the Selbstlader Optical. 2.2 KPM and 47.8% accuracy, so good. I'm starting to get used to how fast you can fire it while still landing shots.

The Flash

Banned
I just watched a video on French rifles in the war and it's led me to believe that there's a possibility that the French Army expansion will include a rifle that only has three rounds in it. Why? Because most of the French Army's rifles only held three rounds.

Historical lol

I just watched a video on French rifles in the war and it's led me to believe that there's a possibility that the French Army expansion will include a rifle that only has three rounds in it. Why? Because most of the French Army's rifles only held three rounds.

Historical lol

Nah I am pretty sure DICE will go with the 5 rounds or 8 rounds variations of those rifles..hopefully...right?...

Historical lol
Some French guy would have tested a ten round magazine in one at some point. Maybe the rifle exploded the first time they tried to fire it and they gave up, but that will be good enough for DICE :)

8z1pU48.png

almost broke 20k tonight!

Played this on the pro with my new 4k HDR TV....

It's like night and day in difference, seriously. I'm not sure if my old TV had some sort of latency but I was killing people long range with my revolver last night that I just couldn't do on my previous TV

In short - if you can afford the upgrade - the payoff is brilliant.

On another note -
When you are that good as a team at defending that the opponent can't take a single sector it is VERY boring.

I say we vote next time. First attack wave - hold them at first sector. Second attack wave - vote on whether we let them take the first sector?

Played this on the pro with my new 4k HDR TV....

It's like night and day in difference, seriously. I'm not sure if my old TV had some sort of latency but I was killing people long range with my revolver last night that I just couldn't do on my previous TV

In short - if you can afford the upgrade - the payoff is brilliant.

On another note -
When you are that good as a team at defending that the opponent can't take a single sector it is VERY boring.

I say we vote next time. First attack wave - hold them at first sector. Second attack wave - vote on whether we let them take the first sector?

I say we don't even vote and make it a rule that if we hold them point one for a whole battalion, we automatically let them progress one stage. Not only is it boring for us, but the other team gets so demoralized they either leave the game or just stop trying like last night. Sure, the blueberries on our team must have been happy at a quick game and easy points, but it was dull as hell by the end. Plus if we let them advance then we can at least fight the blimp instead of just bending over and greasing up for it.

If they make it to the second map though, all bets are off and we hold them where we can.

What TV did you get? I'm considering upgrading but then I'd need to replace most of my home cinema kit along with it, so it's an extra grand or so on top of the TV cost.

I say we don't even vote and make it a rule that if we hold them point one for a whole battalion, we automatically let them progress one stage. Not only is it boring for us, but the other team gets so demoralized they either leave the game or just stop trying like last night. Sure, the blueberries on our team must have been happy at a quick game and easy points, but it was dull as hell by the end. Plus if we let them advance then we can at least fight the blimp instead of just bending over and greasing up for it.

If they make it to the second map though, all bets are off and we hold them where we can.

What TV did you get? I'm considering upgrading but then I'd need to replace most of my home cinema kit along with it, so it's an extra grand or so on top of the TV cost.

I'd agree with your idea. Especially on Oil of Empires. They've never even pushed us back to the second map so you know once we hold them once at the first sector it's a guaranteed win anyway. Some people might moan about losing SPM or that the peasants might even do a good job holding the opponents off.

In general though I do feel like the quality of opponent is dropping massively. Our last three runs on Iron Walls (attacking) we have taken the first map in 13 minutes, 12 minutes and 8/9 minutes... That's just ridiculous. That should really be the hardest one to attack aswell.....

The last few defences have all been held on the first sector too.... Infact the only map we haven't done it on is Iron Walls and even then we held them 2.5 lives on the first sector...

I got the Sony Bravia KD49XD8077. It's absolutely outstanding and in gaming mode it's so responsive. I was very happy with my purchase. It cost me £635 coz of black friday.

I got the Sony Bravia KD49XD8077. It's absolutely outstanding and in gaming mode it's so responsive. I was very happy with my purchase. It cost me £635 coz of black friday.

Looks like a good model and £600ish is a pretty good price. For that, the PS4 Pro, the Denon AVR-2300W, new subs, and 2 extra atmos speakers I could probably get it all for <£2k.

It's my birthday in February so I might stick it on the credit card, depending how much the wife blows on xmas presents this year of course. Does the PS4 Pro play 4K Blu Rays?

Looks like a good model and £600ish is a pretty good price. For that, the PS4 Pro, the Denon AVR-2300W, new subs, and 2 extra atmos speakers I could probably get it all for <£2k.

It's my birthday in February so I might stick it on the credit card, depending how much the wife blows on xmas presents this year of course. Does the PS4 Pro play 4K Blu Rays?

It doesn't however it does stream 4k from amazon prime or whatever.

At the moment the range of 4k Blu-rays is dreadful. Most films that were out before this year were NOT filmed in 4k - what that means is the OG footage just gets upscaled to 4k which on some films (especially heavily CGI ones) it will just look worse. Especially because it will attempt to upscale standard blu-ray anyway.

For that reason, and as I mentioned 4k streaming - I don't think a lack of 4k blu ray player is a detriment to the console. Especially when the price is like nearly half the xbox Scorpio would be.

As I say though back on topic - alot of people moaned about the framerate or the aliasing etc.. but I found it to be a complete treat

Pastry

Banned
Got my first class to 10 last night, have he rest at like 9.75 so I should have them all done by this weekend at like 65 hours played.

One of my mates managed to rock them all out in just over a week playing every night with the UKgaf squad but that's just overkill sometimes.

I still haven't even got to level 1 with Scout. I think I'm at level 1 with Support and Medic.

So are the guns I get out of battlepacks really just skins/camo for your guns? If so aside from making your gun aesthetically pleasing what's the point?

Do most of you guys/girls just scrap this stuff? I feel like I'm missing something.

terrible

Banned
I recently started making sure I'm squad leader so I can hand out orders and from the Battlefield tracker website I see that my daily SPM is 200-300 higher now. No orders in Domination = ~700 SPM, with constant orders I'm getting 900-1000 SPM. That's a massive difference. Flags change ownership a lot in Domination so I guess that's why it's such a huge boost.

My Disagree Guy style brag: I'm currently on a 36 game win streak on Xbox ;)

We lost the first game last night then won every game after that.

I recently started making sure I'm squad leader so I can hand out orders and from the Battlefield tracker website I see that my daily SPM is 200-300 higher now. No orders in Domination = ~700 SPM, with constant orders I'm getting 900-1000 SPM. That's a massive difference. Flags change ownership a lot in Domination so I guess that's why it's such a huge boost.

You spam request order too? I always seem to end up in a squad where the squad leader doesn't give orders.

terrible

Banned
You spam request order too? I always seem to end up in a squad where the squad leader doesn't give orders.

I haven't done that yet. I start in a squad with my friend so I haven't had to steal squad leader from anyone yet. It usually doesn't take long for our squad to fill up with randoms anyway.

brofist_o_464277.gif

wilsonda

After the update, I'd you request a squad order and the leader doesn't give one within a certain time frame, you become the squad leader

I use this all the time

After the update, I'd you request a squad order and the leader doesn't give one within a certain time frame, you become the squad leader

I use this all the time

When UKps4Gaf plays we always make the same people squad leader just because they are so proactive at it.

If I'm the squad leader you know full well I'm forgetting to do that shit.

When UKps4Gaf plays we always make the same people squad leader just because they are so proactive at it.

If I'm the squad leader you know full well I'm forgetting to do that shit.

Same with me, I won't even realize I am the squad leader unless someone tells me.

Too busy focusing on being a tank.

TANKRATOUS.

terrible

Banned
That was totally me until recently. At first I was always forgetting I was even squad leader but now I just set orders out of habit. When poop really hits the fan I can go a while without making an order but I've even started sneaking in defend requests while reloading sometimes lol.

Same with me, I won't even realize I am the squad leader unless someone tells me.

Too busy focusing on being a tank.

TANKRATOUS.

No worries mate I got your back. That's why I always recommend we make Redders captain.

I'd hate to have to knock you into shape.

Give you a SPANKratous

So are the guns I get out of battlepacks really just skins/camo for your guns? If so aside from making your gun aesthetically pleasing what's the point?

Do most of you guys/girls just scrap this stuff? I feel like I'm missing something.
Just camo for your weapons. Well making it aesthetically pleasing is the point :p I normally scrap everything but legendary (that's what it's called right).

Just camo for your weapons. Well making it aesthetically pleasing is the point :p I normally scrap everything but legendary (that's what it's called right).

I figured as much. I'm scrapping everything since I haven't gotten a legendary one yet. Saving as much as I can for a puzzle piece.

I'd agree with your idea. Especially on Oil of Empires. They've never even pushed us back to the second map so you know once we hold them once at the first sector it's a guaranteed win anyway. Some people might moan about losing SPM or that the peasants might even do a good job holding the opponents off.

In general though I do feel like the quality of opponent is dropping massively. Our last three runs on Iron Walls (attacking) we have taken the first map in 13 minutes, 12 minutes and 8/9 minutes... That's just ridiculous. That should really be the hardest one to attack aswell.....

The last few defences have all been held on the first sector too.... Infact the only map we haven't done it on is Iron Walls and even then we held them 2.5 lives on the first sector...

Maybe the enemy team in iron walls just stacked snipers. Any team that snacks snipers will fail to attack or defend. It really ruins the fun.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Maybe the enemy team in iron walls just stacked snipers. Any team that snacks snipers will fail to attack or defend. It really ruins the fun.

Depends completely on the type of snipers though. If I am playing as a Scout I am using an infantry rifle and rushing points constantly.

I think all operations maps should start with a single point to cap on the first stage like Iron Walls to give the attackers some momentum. Then even if they are held at point one, the behemoth pretty much guarantees that they'll take the stage and can progress that way. Holding them at stage one for an hour was as boring and tedious as watching Loose Women or Top Gear.

Actually I think they should mix things up in operations and have different objectives than just hold the points on each zone. Like a mini domination or rush on a couple of the zones.

Lender

Even more annoying: people requesting orders Every 5 seconds even though you already gave one. Or spamming orders when you've died just in hope that they can be Squad leader.

terrible

Banned
Even more annoying: people requesting orders Every 5 seconds even though you already gave one. Or spamming orders when you've died just in hope that they can be Squad leader.

Now that I know you can kick people from your squad I've already kicked two people for doing just that. It's not like there's any benefit to being leader either so if you're in a squad with a leader that sends out orders why would you spam requests and try to steal the squad? Lol makes no sense to me!

I don't think that's what Shadynasty was talking about though. Pretty sure they were talking about requesting orders when a leader isn't setting orders. That's perfectly fine.

I'm a higher rank in Battlefield 1 than I am in Battlefield 4 and I've played for less than half the time.

Why did they make it so easy to rank up?

Redders

I'm a higher rank in Battlefield 1 than I am in Battlefield 4 and I've played for less than half the time.

Why did they make it so easy to rank up?

Hqppened for me as well but majority of my time has been spent with Gaf so getting far higher scores than BF4. Still think it's quicker to rank up anyway.

Any additional news on a real PS4 Pro patch? Last I heard, the previous patch reduced the Pro performance, but I haven't heard anything since then.

Any additional news on a real PS4 Pro patch? Last I heard, the previous patch reduced the Pro performance, but I haven't heard anything since then.

Besides looking into it, nothing as I know. Some people say the previous patch did reduced Pro performance while other people doesn't notice a difference.

Man, as a new player it feels like I'm shooting rubber bullets when everyone else is using the good stuff.
What weapons are you using? and IMO none of the weapons are that terrible compare to each other. Of course, there are some weapons that will "stand out" such as Hellriegel, Model 10-A, Mondragon, BAR, Martini Henry.

NJDEN

So I got to level 10 on support and unlocked the Huot, but my rank reset or something. Is that supposed to happen?

I put the work in to get to level 10, and now it's gone... I at least got to keep the Huot, but I didn't unlock the unique support side arm.

Meccs

What weapons are you using? and IMO none of the weapons are that terrible compare to each other. Of course, there are some weapons that will "stand out" such as Hellriegel, Model 10-A, Mondragon, BAR, Martini Henry.
Well I just started playing. Mainly Assault. MP18 Trench and I just unlocked M1918 Factory. I seem to get shot in the face even if I see someone first or fire in the back. But of course I just started playing. TTK seems pretty fast for WW1 though. I expected something more like 1942.
Game is crazy fun though. The pace is a bit more my style compared to Titanfall 2.

Acinixys

After playing 3 solid hours of support tonight Im really hoping that the December patch address the issues that that class's weapons have

BAR and MG variants are the only ones that feel even slightly useful against competent players

They need a tiny bit more damage and that 100% stupid 4 rounds to become accurate BS fixed

Im loving the class but its hard to feel competitive when you die to spray and pray noobs since your bullets miss for the first 2 seconds of a fire fight

Capsov

So I got to level 10 on support and unlocked the Huot, but my rank reset or something. Is that supposed to happen?

I put the work in to get to level 10, and now it's gone... I at least got to keep the Huot, but I didn't unlock the unique support side arm.

It shouldn't reset. I have a different bug, Im rank 10 in three classes and I cant progress past rank 10. The bar never moves.

Top Bottom