• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Well I just started playing. Mainly Assault. MP18 Trench and I just unlocked M1918 Factory. I seem to get shot in the face even if I see someone first or fire in the back. But of course I just started playing. TTK seems pretty fast for WW1 though. I expected something more like 1942.
Game is crazy fun though. The pace is a bit more my style compared to Titanfall 2.

The hip fire is really good on the Trench version. Also the M1918 will own anything upclose. For assault, try to engage within 25 meters or less (aka if you can see the red dot on your minimap if its set to 25 meters). You cant hit and kill (most of the time) at distances using any of the assault weapons. Also you might be able to unlock the Model 10-A shotgun. I dont remember what assault rank it is unlocked. The Hunter variation is what you want, but factory also does work. I would highly recommend trying it out.

I think its harder to adjust to BF1 due to the lack of red dots showing up whenever someone fires. Personally I like the lack of red dots showing up all the time.

terrible

Banned
After playing 3 solid hours of support tonight Im really hoping that the December patch address the issues that that class's weapons have

BAR and MG variants are the only ones that feel even slightly useful against competent players

They need a tiny bit more damage and that 100% stupid 4 rounds to become accurate BS fixed

Im loving the class but its hard to feel competitive when you die to spray and pray noobs since your bullets miss for the first 2 seconds of a fire fight

If they increased damage and stopped that stupid accuracy penalty they'd probably become OP. I think removing the accuracy penalty alone would be enough. The MG15 would become a tap fire king and a mid range beast and would be a great mid range option even if it was still not great up close. If they did that it'd probably become my #1 gun. The current minimum spread is godly.

Lender

Wow, the M95 carbine is so good! I never really liked it, but I've been using it a lot more the last 2-3 days, and I'm starting to love it! Great for close to midrange fights, and even long range it holds it own once you get to know the gun. Played 4 games tonight, the ones I did with the m95 went for 38-4 and another 42-11. Top op the leaderboard and won both conquest games. Shit is good!

Had a very weird bug today too. We got the airship at the start of the second wave in operations, 250 tickets left. I spawn in the airship, but immediately get killed the instant I spawn in. And get thrown back to the spawn menu, and I see the airship immediately getting destroyed! The second was going on for literally 5 seconds. Needless to say our team was pissed!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So I got to level 10 on support and unlocked the Huot, but my rank reset or something. Is that supposed to happen?

I put the work in to get to level 10, and now it's gone... I at least got to keep the Huot, but I didn't unlock the unique support side arm.

That is just a bug in the Customize Soldier shit from the menu. Look at it in game and you will be fine.

It shouldn't reset. I have a different bug, Im rank 10 in three classes and I cant progress past rank 10. The bar never moves.

That is because they do not progress past level 10.

After playing 3 solid hours of support tonight Im really hoping that the December patch address the issues that that class's weapons have

BAR and MG variants are the only ones that feel even slightly useful against competent players

They need a tiny bit more damage and that 100% stupid 4 rounds to become accurate BS fixed

Im loving the class but its hard to feel competitive when you die to spray and pray noobs since your bullets miss for the first 2 seconds of a fire fight
What they actually need to do is give the bar a larger clip size. 20 bullets is absolutely absurd.

Wow, the M95 carbine is so good! I never really liked it, but I've been using it a lot more the last 2-3 days, and I'm starting to love it! Great for close to midrange fights, and even long range it holds it own once you get to know the gun. Played 4 games tonight, the ones I did with the m95 went for 38-4 and another 42-11. Top op the leaderboard and won both conquest games. Shit is good!

Had a very weird bug today too. We got the airship at the start of the second wave in operations, 250 tickets left. I spawn in the airship, but immediately get killed the instant I spawn in. And get thrown back to the spawn menu, and I see the airship immediately getting destroyed! The second was going on for literally 5 seconds. Needless to say our team was pissed!
i have 900 kills with it. amazing gun. you get so many "assists count as a kill" too because teammates finish people off for you a lot of the times.
"
and you're right, it works pretty well at a distance. with its high rate of fire, you can unload two shots before a prone sniper has a chance to move.

best of all, it just feels great to fire. so satisfying to get head shots with.

Daffy Duck

What's the weird orange symbol that appears on the hud on the right all about?

It's an exclamation mark with with asterisks around it and an almost circular arrow...

terrible

Banned
What's the weird orange symbol that appears on the hud on the right all about?

It's an exclamation mark with with asterisks around it and an almost circular arrow...

syvzV.png

This is from BF4 but I think they are the same in BF1.

NJDEN

That is just a bug in the Customize Soldier shit from the menu. Look at it in game and you will be fine.

Sadly that is a screenshot from in a match.. Even if that were the case, I'd think I could still buy the sidearm. I took the screenshot to show I had the Huot at a rank "less than 10"

Been playing cavalry a lot (off the horse) and it's pretty amazing when you get the hang of it. You get extra health, med packs and ammo packs.
Constantly throw down med packs and you can stay alive for a long ass time.

Also you get a mofuggin' saber :

31395649095_ce08e87939_o.gif

Joe

Do medals disappear randomly? I was tracking a medic medal that had 7 days left and then later in the day and I can't find it in the medals section to track.

I think this game's lack of depth is finally starting to wear me down. It's only been out for about a month and a half, yet I'm already having a tough time finding reasons to jump back in and play.

Anyone else already growing tired of the game? Maybe the new map coming later this month will reinvigorate it for me, at least somewhat.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
At least the last ten full rounds of conquest large have been hideous unbalanced against my team. It's stretches like this that make me want to throw the entire computer off my balcony. Holy shit.

At least the last ten full rounds of conquest large have been hideous unbalanced against my team. It's stretches like this that make me want to throw the entire computer off my balcony. Holy shit.

Unbalanced? I somehow was playing a Rush game when I thought that the game was still filling up only to realize nope, it was 15 versus 2.

The Dude

I think this game's lack of depth is finally starting to wear me down. It's only been out for about a month and a half, yet I'm already having a tough time finding reasons to jump back in and play.

Anyone else already growing tired of the game? Maybe the new map coming later this month will reinvigorate it for me, at least somewhat.

I play every day and love it even more, 130 some hours here. These battles are just to epic and fun

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Whew. All classes finally rank 10 after 64 hours, though I played enough Assault to max-level it twice over. Support with the BAR Trench and limpet charge was quite fun, but it's time to return to full-time Assault. I miss having long-range AT options.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do we have any tease as to when Giant's Shadow will drop?

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Dice really needs to add foot step sounds in this game, amongst many other little fixes.

Goddamn those load times entering, leaving a game..

Harpua

Is Giants Shadow releasing simultaneously across all platforms? Or does premium/preorder/Xbox/whatever else they can think of come into play?

I saw the medal for winning a rush match, so I was like hey that should only take a round or two. I played rush for 2 hours without winning a round. Came back the next day and played rush for 2 more hours before finally winning one. I will never play rush again.

terrible

Banned
Dice really needs to add foot step sounds in this game, amongst many other little fixes.

Goddamn those load times entering, leaving a game..

There are footsteps but sound is glitched occasionally I think.

What do you have your sound settings set to and what kind of setup do you have? I'm seeing a lot of people say there aren't footsteps at all so I'm wondering if maybe it's just down to the setup. With a Mixamp and sound set to large speakers and surround sound outside of the occasional time where certain sounds are completely missing footsteps are actually pretty loud.

So I got to level 10 on support and unlocked the Huot, but my rank reset or something. Is that supposed to happen?

I put the work in to get to level 10, and now it's gone... I at least got to keep the Huot, but I didn't unlock the unique support side arm.

I think it's a bug. Same thing happened to me last night, but if I customize in game my class level is correct. DICE just needs to fix it, but your class level is safe.

Yo BF1 vets. What's a decent gun I can get pretty eearly on for medic and assault class? Thanks

The MP18 trench (starting gun) is the best gun for Assault for any mode you'll be doing regular medium / long range combat. It also has the best hip fire.

The Automatico Storm is the best gun for short range modes like Team Deathmatch and kills very, very quickly but has poor range and worse hip fire.

The Hellreigel (final gun for Assault) is by far the best of the lot and, it's only downside being meh hip hire.

Not sure about medic, I seem to suck with it no matter what I use.

KingKong

I swear this is the worst unlock system I've seen in a game. It takes forever to level up a class, there's a ton of weapons to unlock and you don't get that much currency anyway

Top Bottom