• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

WillyFive

untitled-1-recoveredc9nsgp.jpg

Top of the world!

Congrats! It will last a few hours.

The Dude

I swear this is the worst unlock system I've seen in a game. It takes forever to level up a class, there's a ton of weapons to unlock and you don't get that much currency anyway

Don't worry about that stuff, just play and it comes quickly. I have about 10000 bonds after buying most guns, all ranks to 10 cept scout, and I'm 130 hours. Just enjoy this beauty of a game, unlocks come fast as hell eventually

RoKKeR

When is the new map supposed to come out?

Was wondering this as well. I hope it's snowy...

Played a bit more today after being gone for a while... game is just really damn good. Still have 2 more ranks to go until Assault Rank 8, this grind is painful. I don't understand having one gone at the end of each class like this. Just doesn't make a lot of sense.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I swear this is the worst unlock system I've seen in a game. It takes forever to level up a class, there's a ton of weapons to unlock and you don't get that much currency anyway

I don't know if it's worse than BF4, but yeah, it is far from ideal. You should know, though, that the amount of currency you receive for each rank-up increases at higher levels ... probably because it takes progressively longer to achieve subsequent ranks. :p

I doubt it tbh. I overcame a 200+ kill deficit, I won't give it up so easily now. :p Plus the guy in second place hasn't played in a couple of days. Time to expand my lead.

Pretty neat, but now do you feel the pressure to stay number 1? Like do you not play the game normally anymore, and do you go out of your way to use the club?

Dommo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGbZ9W8Fvxc

Another compilation video for all whose interested. :)

Lol knowing you're top in club kills adds to this video. It's hilarious seeing you ultimately turning what seems like a relatively normal gunfight into a close quarters head bash. That one at 13:08 where you're in a fucking plane - 'Enemy Hit 74,' "Hmm, may as well go for a melee kill." Jump out of the plane all the way down, land on the guy's head and hit him with a club. Perfect.

Orcus

I saw the medal for winning a rush match, so I was like hey that should only take a round or two. I played rush for 2 hours without winning a round. Came back the next day and played rush for 2 more hours before finally winning one. I will never play rush again.

Lol, I fucking hate this. I had the same thing but with Domination, the one mode besides TDM where you should be able to make an impact by yourself. Nope, I ended up rage quitting after 4 maps of taking points and watching my team do squat. There was even one guy on my team doing really well killing people, buy he apparently was to busy to cap points.

Mahonay

Banned
Had a game on Sinai where a guy in a heavy tank on the other team went 53 and 3...and they still lost by 200 tickets. He just defended the E flag for the majority of the game, then backed up and hid behind the dunes outside of D when we pushed up. I felt bad for his teammates. He didn't help push on any other flags and just made sure he preserved his KD.

When you refuse to admit to yourself that you're trying to kill someone from waaaaaaaaaaay outside the Model 10's actual usable range.

That's basically how I use it.

There is no such thing as 'usable range' when you can use cover, grenades and sidearm to supplement it.

occasionally you can hit a OHKO from that range but it isn't regular and I'd say the person needs to nearly always have been hurt first.

will there be any new weapons with the map drop?

until march is a long friggin time without new stuff to play with

I would assume no, since its just a single map. I hope I am wrong. But yeah I agree with you that its too long of a time frame without any new content. Atleast 4 months ( if you dont consider the single map) before there is more content to play. Well consider it up to 4.5 or 5 months depending if the French DLC drops at the end of March and Premium holders get the DLC 2 weeks early as well :'(

Pandahammer

Neo Member
I would assume no, since its just a single map. I hope I am wrong. But yeah I agree with you that its too long of a time frame without any new content. Atleast 4 months ( if you dont consider the single map) before there is more content to play. Well consider it up to 4.5 or 5 months depending if the French DLC drops at the end of March :'(
Way too long IMO.

I would assume no, since its just a single map. I hope I am wrong. But yeah I agree with you that its too long of a time frame without any new content. Atleast 4 months ( if you dont consider the single map) before there is more content to play. Well consider it up to 4.5 or 5 months depending if the French DLC drops at the end of March and Premium holders get the DLC 2 weeks early as well :'(

yup, its looking like an exact copy of the battlefront dlc season :(

yup, its looking like an exact copy of the battlefront dlc season :(

I loved battlefront and that actually had a slightly more varied online experience. Battlefield 1 only has operations to keep me hooked, I hate the the other modes.

Even Battlefront I got bored of pretty quick and didn't buy the season pass.

BF1, while being a great game, desperately needs new DLC like already....

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I loved battlefront and that actually had a slightly more varied online experience. Battlefield 1 only has operations to keep me hooked, I hate the the other modes.

Even Battlefront I got bored of pretty quick and didn't buy the season pass.

BF1, while being a great game, desperately needs new DLC like already....
It's getting a Scouts and Medics mode that you're guaranteed to not like.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Alright, some of these deaths don't make sense. As in; see a sniper in decentish close range. Move around some cover to where I cannot see the sniper at all, and thus appears obscured on my end, then suddenly drop from an apparent headshot.

I don't know if there's some ping, hitbox, viewer perspective, or hacking shenanigans going on, but that shit reminds me of Battlefield 3's atrocious peer-to-peer connectivity.

It's getting a Scouts and Medics mode that you're guaranteed to not like.

Yeah like wtf is the point of that? Just have a game mode excluding half the players. So where's the assault/support only games?

DICE cock blocked

I would have loved to get all pissy about you pre-judging my opinion but yeah you are bang on. It sounds like an idea that makes me very angry.

Alright, some of these deaths don't make sense. As in; see a sniper in decentish close range. Move around some cover to where I cannot see the sniper at all, and thus appears obscured on my end, then suddenly drop from an apparent headshot.

I don't know if there's some ping, hitbox, viewer perspective, or hacking shenanigans going on, but that shit reminds me of Battlefield 3's atrocious peer-to-peer connectivity.

Yeah since the latest patch the 'bullet bending' seems to be really rife. The amount of times you run into a building only to have apparently been killed by a sniper outside because on his screen - he hit you before you entered.

Whelp the level 10 medic rifle is pretty trash compared to the mondragon. That's a huge letdown. The more classes I get to rank 10 the more I realize how hilariously broken the assault class is comparitively. I score insanely well with medic as I actually do my job. But given how quick and painless squad spawning is generally I feel it's often better to just go purely offensive.

On some maps the sniper holds its own, especially considering how powerful pistols are (more than medic rifles which I find funny)but generally there's really no reason not to go assault.

Whelp the level 10 medic rifle is pretty trash compared to the mondragon. That's a huge letdown. The more classes I get to rank 10 the more I realize how hilariously broken the assault class is comparitively. I score insanely well with medic as I actually do my job. But given how quick and painless squad spawning is generally I feel it's often better to just go purely offensive.

On some maps the sniper holds its own, especially considering how powerful pistols are (more than medic rifles which I find funny)but generally there's really no reason not to go assault.

If a whole team went assault you'd struggle I think so Medic is definitely useful for that reason. I do agree with you though. I see no reason personally, to choose another class.

kriskrosbbk

I thought the same until I unlocked the Martini.

I thought the same until I unlocked the Martini.

That rifle is bullshit. But as a person who plays conquest and operations almost exclusively the sniper class is far less effective overall. I really miss having a conquest mode with tickets tied to kills as well. Too many teammates don't do their part in capping stuff and don't realize you can literally just throw bodies at stuff endlessly with no repercussions. I always end matches with like 14-18k points a quarter of the team is sitting at like 6-9k as snipers.

Conquest needs tickets for kills because then it makes medics and snipers actually valuable and encourages their usage.

That rifle is bullshit. But as a person who plays conquest and operations almost exclusively the sniper class is far less effective overall. I really miss having a conquest mode with tickets tied to kills as well. Too many teammates don't do their part in capping stuff and don't realize you can literally just throw bodies at stuff endlessly with no repercussions. I always end matches with like 14-18k points a quarter of the team is sitting at like 6-9k as snipers.

Conquest needs tickets for kills because then it makes medics and snipers actually valuable and encourages their usage.

lol Doesn't work for operations.

You still get snipers camping back doin shit all

It really annoys me that I can't tinker with my class while i'm waiting for the re-spawn timer.

When I pick 'quit' it shouldn't take 3+ minutes to bail out of the game and return me to the menu.

It really annoys me that I can't tinker with my class while i'm waiting for the re-spawn timer.

When I pick 'quit' it shouldn't take 3+ minutes to bail out of the game and return me to the menu.

Pretty much faster to just quit the game and start it back up again.

Yup. I found you have to continue, then quit. If that doesn't work, alt F4 or closing the app if on console is the way to go. This wasn't a problem at launch for me, I'm not even sure when this crap happened. My game ran better, had lower latency and less issues on release than it does now.

Lender

Lol knowing you're top in club kills adds to this video. It's hilarious seeing you ultimately turning what seems like a relatively normal gunfight into a close quarters head bash. That one at 13:08 where you're in a fucking plane - 'Enemy Hit 74,' "Hmm, may as well go for a melee kill." Jump out of the plane all the way down, land on the guy's head and hit him with a club. Perfect.

Haha, yeah, that was one of my cooler moments lately! I actually have hit hem before that one also, but since it was a medic he could just keep healing himself. That's when I went and though 'fuck it', and jumped out. It worked out brilliantly

bosseye

Yeah, same. I've noticed it a lot recently. Presumably I've been killed prior to entering cover, but the game took that split second too long to register/update/work its magic/whatever

Yeah, same. I've noticed it a lot recently. Presumably I've been killed prior to entering cover, but the game took that split second too long to register/update/work its magic/whatever

As I said above, I'm not sure why but the servers, performance and everything else have dropped markedly since release. My ping alone has doubled or tripled since release. Me and east coast buddies were playing together and I'd have like 20ms west and maybe 40 east. Now I get like 40-60ms west and 120+ east. And 100+ in BF means things teleport slightly.

I can't work out whether I prefer having to wait for ages for a new match to start before I can leave a game, or the new system where I "quit" before the game crashes and I have to reboot. It's all in the best possible taste.

They need to sort out this killed in action cheese when stepping anywhere near a fallen behemoth, I've just been killed three times in a row by different parts of the debris, even when being like 10m away from the actual crash site. It makes no sense because in other games you can actually climb over the steel frame and be fine but in others step near the damn thing and it's like you've been killed by some invisible alien or something.

There's definitely a lot of small things that grate at me in this game which weren't a problem in BF4.

Meccs

Without snipers, tanks and the CoD TTK, this would be a pretty decent game.

Edit: a bit of an overreaction...

Meccs

So, not Battlefield then.
Heh, well yes. But seriously I'm pretty disappointed that they didn't make the weapons feel more like they did in 1942. By that I mean high recoil, where you actually have to aim and tab fire a lot more. It feels too much like a modern military shooter the way it is.

Top Bottom