• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Meccs

So far I really only like Amiens, that is a great map and one of the desert maps... forgot the name. The rest is too open for my liking. Getting sniped from everywhere.
I also think some maps are way too small for 64 people. In BF3 and BF4 I never played a 64 player server because I think it's more fun on 48 or even 32. Less clusterfuck. Why aren't there any 32/48 servers in BF1?

I had my first crash after 6 hours playing the game. Some KERNELBASE.dll error. Not sure what to make of it.

I finally caved and bought three battlepacks today. Definitely not worth it, I feel violated. lol

Chin up. It'll get easier with time.

FFS, once again thrown out of a winning operations game near the end of the second map. Fuck you game, fuck you.

image.php

Lender

FFS, once again thrown out of a winning operations game near the end of the second map. Fuck you game, fuck you.

And once again, but now because of another bug I'm having quite too much! At a certain point in the game I will lose all music and voice acting. So throughout the entire game I have no music, I can hear no orders being passed around or people asking for a medic. And then when the game ends and the loading screen comes up the entire game freezes up, and I actually have to restart my PC. Fun when it happens after the first round of operations and you're actually winning and kicking ass. FFS game.

The Dude

Without snipers, tanks and the CoD TTK, this would be a pretty decent game.

Edit: a bit of an overreaction...

This game fucking has no where near the atrocious ttk of call of duty, not even close. You can take some shots and dive behind cover or keep moving, cods ttk is atrocious

terrible

Banned
This game fucking has no where near the atrocious ttk of call of duty, not even close. You can take some shots and dive behind cover or keep moving, cods ttk is atrocious
The shotguns and sweet spot snipers sometimes makes it feel like CoD to be fair. Every other gun has a pretty decent TTK though. They've had the right idea since they made guns take an extra bullet to kill in a patch in BF4 and BF1 has an even longer TTK on most guns. Actually being able to turn around and kill someone that shoots you in the back is a beautiful thing. Good luck doing that in CoD.

The Dude

The shotguns and sweet spot snipers sometimes makes it feel like CoD to be fair. Every other gun has a pretty decent TTK though. They've had the right idea since they made guns take an extra bullet to kill in a patch in BF4 and BF1 has an even longer TTK on most guns. Actually being able to turn around and kill someone that shoots you in the back is a beautiful thing. Good luck doing that in CoD.

Thing is I expect that from snipers or shottys, so it doesn't really truly bug me that much. Although snipers whiff a good bit also, only time they bug me is when we don't have snipers sniping back. Although lately, I have been having orgasmic fun seeing spotted snipers and dropping bombs on them in my planr lol it's beautiful. Or when I see their little snipe glow, they dead.

But overall the ttk is just spot on. Cod is any gun, any range, instant death pretty much. What gets me is how smgs are able to kill so quick across a map, just silly imho.

TTK in battlefield is great. It's long enough that you can make some plays even if you get caught out but not long enough that people always escape from you.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
TTK can only be compared to CoD if you're impatient and run around like a fool with low health.

Nameless

I'd like to officially thank the dickhole who wouldn't throw out ammo. As a result I plundered a Sweeper off an enemy, went on a crazy run, and now a week later it's firmly cemented itself as my favorite weapon. Not sure if/when I would have given that gun another look otherwise.

Without snipers, tanks and the CoD TTK, this would be a pretty decent game.

Edit: a bit of an overreaction...

There are really only three weapons that bug me when it comes to TTK: the 10-A, Automatico, and of course sniper rifles since they can OHK you even with body shots.

Besides that, I find the TTK to be almost perfect in this game. It's the best it's been since Bad Company 2 in my opinion.

Meccs

It's more like I think the recoil is way too low for a WW1 shooter. I would have liked something a bit more different, more unique. I've actually used a Sturmgewehr 44 in real life and I don't think WW1 weapons were more accurate. Also the LMG getting more stable the longer you fire is weird.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
It's more like I think the recoil is way too low for a WW1 shooter. I would have liked something a bit more different, more unique. I've actually used a Sturmgewehr 44 in real life and I don't think WW1 weapons were more accurate. Also the LMG getting more stable the longer you fire is weird.

I agree with you, but these games are, for better or worse, being made for mass consumption. DICE's current audience consists of a great many CoD expatriates, many of them playing on consoles, whose control devices aren't especially suitable for punishing recoil models. Me, I would love to see a Battlefield game with gunplay designed more along the lines of this example, but you're simply not going to see that in a AAA multiplayer FPS these days. And I won't pretend, either, that the gunplay in previous Battlefields was all that stellar; BF2, for instance, with its horrendous random deviation, stands out as an example of pretty awful infantry combat.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
More recoil would make BF1 even more CQC focused, which is probably the last thing it needs right now. LMGs in particular would be completely trash with additional recoil.

I guess the stabilization feature was a kludge for something but I have no idea what. With the exception of the BAR, the mediocre ROF and damage already prevent the LMGs from dominating at any range.

The Dude

The game is damn near perfect as is man, there's no need for any more added recoil. I don't get this type of request to be honest

The Dude

I can't get away from the BAR telescopic. Is there really a better support gun? Cuz I keep coming back.

MG15 Storm imho, more ammo and can really wipe a group if you get the jump on them. But that's just me, having all those shots just make up for a little less damage

terrible

Banned
I can't get away from the BAR telescopic. Is there really a better support gun? Cuz I keep coming back.

For setting up a bipod with a scope for mid to long range laser beaming? Yeah, the MG15 Suppressive is better in that role I'd say. If you're running and gunning with the BAR and only occasionally using the bipod then no.

Surfinn

MG15 Storm imho, more ammo and can really wipe a group if you get the jump on them. But that's just me, having all those shots just make up for a little less damage

I'll give this a shot. I just find myself returning because it seems like the BAR is just so good in close quarters. But I HAVE always hated the 20 shots. Thanks.

For setting up a bipod with a scope for mid to long range laser beaming? Yeah, the MG15 Suppressive is better in that role I'd say. If you're running and gunning with the BAR and only occasionally using the bipod then no.

This is also good to know, thank you. I'll try on long range maps.

The Dude

I run and gun and the MG15 did pretty well. You won't shred someone but you can just hold the trigger and go. Bar is decent, but I dunno... That type of shredding I find assault to be better with the hellriegel, when I wanna get in and just go nuts I don't think the bar is ideal due to its shot limitations. 25 or 30 shots is what I feel it should of had

terrible

Banned
The BAR can outgun all the SMGs beyond 30 meters and is surprisingly close to even the best semi auto rifles in terms of TTK at mid range. It's a perfectly usable CQC gun while pretty much dominating at mid range. If it had 30 bullets it'd be the most used gun in the game probably!

Lender

Pretty neat, but now do you feel the pressure to stay number 1? Like do you not play the game normally anymore, and do you go out of your way to use the club?

I do use the club more often than other people indeed, I'm not gonna put myself into more danger just to get some more kills with it. I view at as my secondary weapon instead of my pistol. Much more effecient.

Expanded my lead to 79 kills. :D Totalling 725 kills. Making it my second most used weapon. I'm quite shocked by that myself.

The Dude

The BAR can outgun all the SMGs beyond 30 meters and is surprisingly close to even the best semi auto rifles in terms of TTK at mid range. It's a perfectly usable CQC gun while pretty much dominating at mid range. If it had 30 bullets it'd be the most used gun in the game probably!

I personally don't see it that much out there tho, least not in my experience. But I still would use a hellriegel over it any day but that's just me.

25 bullets I believe would of been the sweet spot for it

Pastry

Banned
The Huot is a fucking laser at a distance if you get the bipod down, pretty good accuracy at mid-range also.

The Medic level 10 gun is straight garbage though lol.

jediyoshi

Installed 376.19, still running into

f8NDGWQ.png

The only time the game has been completely stable for me was pre-release during the trial. Played all 10 hours with no crashes. Of course the specific nvidia driver at that time is blocked from launching BF1 now, assuming the problem isn't with the game.

Meccs

Installed 376.19, still running into

f8NDGWQ.png

The only time the game has been completely stable for me was pre-release during the trial. Played all 10 hours with no crashes. Of course the specific nvidia driver at that time is blocked from launching BF1 now, assuming the problem isn't with the game.
Can you check the Windows Event manager to find out what exactly crashed? I had my first one today after roughly 6 hours without problems.

I do use the club more often than other people indeed, I'm not gonna put myself into more danger just to get some more kills with it. I view at as my secondary weapon instead of my pistol. Much more effecient.

Expanded my lead to 79 kills. :D Totalling 725 kills. Making it my second most used weapon. I'm quite shocked by that myself.

My second most used is the Dynamite with like 400 kills. Other than that it's the 40 service star Model 10 Hunter.

Beat Iron Walls as Italians. Never thought I'd see the day.

It's all about that 'rush'

If you can be waiting on the 'enemy territory' line and then as soon as it says 'sector secured' you bolt for the bunkers it's easy as hell.

Flow chart;

Church - Can be taken from the left hand wall (you don't need to be inside)
Straight to B (the little buildings). 'A' normally gets taken by the randoms.
Rush to first B bunker, blow up the doors, whether you are in first or not.
Rush to next B - rinse and repeat
Rush to A - blow up doors
Rush from A to the tunnels of the fortress, blow up doors. Camp in tunnel taking the objective.

As a squad we've completed it in under 15 minutes on multiple occasions, 8/9 is our record.

etrain911

Is it just me or does it take forever to rank up classes on PS4? I'm about rank 8 and still level 0 medic despite it being the only class I've played aside from one or two dalliances with assault and support.

Is it just me or does it take forever to rank up classes on PS4? I'm about rank 8 and still level 0 medic despite it being the only class I've played aside from one or two dalliances with assault and support.

It depends what game mode you play and roughly how many points you get per game.

Operations attacking you can easily rake in 40-50k per game

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

it takes forever. i am level 31 and only at level 9 for assault and level 3 for medic.

I think you level up classes faster if you use their abilities. so heal and revive everyone.

it takes forever. i am level 31 and only at level 9 for assault and level 3 for medic.

I think you level up classes faster if you use their abilities. so heal and revive everyone.

This is correct. My best mate ranked up level 10 in all classes by level 60 so it's definitely possible.

I've only played medic. Rank 13 and it still says I'm a level 0. I don't understand it. Last night was the first time I've really tinkered with the soldier settings. A little overwhelming at first. Thought I saw one screen where I was a level one medic and half way to a two but then some things I was locked out of because it was saying I was still a level 0.

I'm level 10 in every class. Granted I am level 81 but I haven't played in a bit. The key to success is operations; go crazy and throw yourself on a flag for a ton of points. If the team is especially trash, let them retake the flag just so you can wipe them out and cap again.

Xyber

Of course you do, the level is completely based on the experience you gain while playing the class. So the more stuff you do to get points, the faster you will level. It ain't rocket science. :p

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I've only played medic. Rank 13 and it still says I'm a level 0. I don't understand it. Last night was the first time I've really tinkered with the soldier settings. A little overwhelming at first. Thought I saw one screen where I was a level one medic and half way to a two but then some things I was locked out of because it was saying I was still a level 0.
Only believe what you see for Customize Soldier while you are in a game. Not that menu option.

The Dude

That first level on all seemed the longest, but it flew getting them to rank 10 after awhile. But I just had fun and didn't worry about it, the game is so addicting and fun it's like the Time just flew leveling them

Top Bottom