• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

That first level on all seemed the longest, but it flew getting them to rank 10 after awhile. But I just had fun and didn't worry about it, the game is so addicting and fun it's like the Time just flew leveling them

It is fun but the new map and the DLC next year are drastically needed. The same old maps are getting a bit stale now.

The Dude

Btw I have a spare copy if anyone has a friend that is lookin to buy it or whatever, just mentioning here for you guys in case someone was lookin for a extra copy, I'd take like 30 bucks or something.

J-Rod

Anecdotal, but it seems like the only people who wait for a revive are other medics. Distant runner-up would be assaults mindful of their k/d.

Anecdotal, but it seems like the only people who wait for a revive are other medics. Distant runner-up would be assaults mindful of their k/d.

I wait for revive because I do so bloody often as an assault it's easy exp for my buddy medics haha

I normally always end up 3rd in our team, normally always end up with most deaths and most of the time most kills.

I do HATE waiting for peasant medics who don't heal though.

The Dude

I started doing 64 man operations and I ended up loving it, that first time I didn't.... But I realize now how people get absurd numbers, when you have people just running everywhere you can get kills nonstop. 20 on 20 is fun but it's harder to really rack em, even tho I've had big matches its still not like 64 where you have just clumps of guys. Especially in my planet my God it's so fun lol I mean I'm getting 80 and 5 and 90 and 10 type matches in it on 64 mana, it's glorious

I started doing 64 man operations and I ended up loving it, that first time I didn't.... But I realize now how people get absurd numbers, when you have people just running everywhere you can get kills nonstop. 20 on 20 is fun but it's harder to really rack em, even tho I've had big matches its still not like 64 where you have just clumps of guys. Especially in my planet my God it's so fun lol I mean I'm getting 80 and 5 and 90 and 10 type matches in it on 64 mana, it's glorious

Would you recommend Gaf switches to 64 games if we are literally storming 40 every single time it's getting boring

The Dude

Would you recommend Gaf switches to 64 games if we are literally storming 40 every single time it's getting boring

Yea I'd say so, although you can still have blowouts... But I'm just finding it a lot more intense and harder at times when I'm on foot and guys lock down certain flags. It's just becoming a new favorite overall, haven't done now a 40 man in a few days.

I'd join the gaf group but I'm so sporadic that it's just hard for me to time up with folks, I'm sort of on at odd times compared to others

Yea I'd say so, although you can still have blowouts... But I'm just finding it a lot more intense and harder at times when I'm on foot and guys lock down certain flags. It's just becoming a new favorite overall, haven't done now a 40 man in a few days.

I'd join the gaf group but I'm so sporadic that it's just hard for me to time up with folks, I'm sort of on at odd times compared to others

That's fair mate. I'd personally love you to join up but it's cool.
In the run up to xmas I'm so busy listing stock on eBay I won't be on every night anyway.

We have Americans, Canadians and Europeans so far so it's quite a 'time doesn't matter' sort of thing now.

Most of the time it's 22:00 UK time. It's definitely a different perspective with us. Everyone who has played has said it's their best experience haha.

Theorry

I wish we got the old battelog back. For a game that encourage you to play with friends they make it is difficult as possible with the new UI. Two friends of mine are in a game i want to join them. Go the menu on the right. Select them. Join game. Nothing happens.
Now other way also to join them. Only way is now for them to quit the match and group of in the menu first. Stupid as fuck.

I wish we got the old battelog back. For a game that encourage you to play with friends they make it is difficult as possible with the new UI. Two friends of mine are in a game i want to join them. Go the menu on the right. Select them. Join game. Nothing happens.
Now other way also to join them. Only way is now for them to quit the match and group of in the menu first. Stupid as fuck.

It does that when the game is full apparently mate. Doesn't notify you. Just does shit all.

meshwork

It does that when the game is full apparently mate. Doesn't notify you. Just does shit all.

It continues to baffle me how this shit gets past DICE's QA testers. Well, it probably didn't get past them without being noticed, but it continues to baffle me how DICE just dgaf. Trying to join a friend when they're in a server is like pulling teeth, and more than once I've just given up when it doesn't work instead of playing for the several hours of free time I had on hand. It doesn't help that the other popular game around the block is Overwatch, which has an extremely polished user experience as far as operating the menus and joining games is considered.

etrain911

I've only been playing the 64 man mode, It's actually really interesting and I've never really had an operation that was a major blow-out.

Surfinn

I love how when BF3 came out everyone shit on battlelog.

You don't know what you got till it's gone.

Had way too many bugs for battlelog to be worth it. Glad it's gone. They just need to allow complete customization via web browser (boarderless window alt tab works fine), but you can already do it on your phone and it's really easy to do. Good enough for me, I'm not changing my loadout that much.

The Dude

That's fair mate. I'd personally love you to join up but it's cool.
In the run up to xmas I'm so busy listing stock on eBay I won't be on every night anyway.

We have Americans, Canadians and Europeans so far so it's quite a 'time doesn't matter' sort of thing now.

Most of the time it's 22:00 UK time. It's definitely a different perspective with us. Everyone who has played has said it's their best experience haha.

Yea man if i decide to join a group it'll be the gaf group, just have to see how things pan out here.

Xyber

I don't know why anyone would not play 64 player Battlefield.

Because if we are talking about Operations, then that is just a big clusterfuck with 64 players. Not enough objectives to spread out the players.

I would never play CQ with anything less than 64 though if I don't have to, but I still prefer Rush over the other modes and just wish it was 16v16 again.

Surfinn

I don't know why anyone would not play 64 player Battlefield.

In BF3 and BF4, the game was infinitely more fun in 32/48 player servers because of lock on spam. In BF1, on large conquest maps, this isn't the case. Most spam can be easily avoided by playing well.

In BF3/4, you couldn't roll over a hill without being instantly locked on and toasted.

I love how when BF3 came out everyone shit on battlelog.

You don't know what you got till it's gone.

Battlelog was friggin' great, and it's features are sorely missed. You know you've done fucked up when you have to go to third party sites to get statistics that the game used to wear on it's sleeve.

It was incredibly convenient to just launch the game directly into the server of choice, battlelogs only problem being that having a browser open would drain resources but...just closing the browser on game launch eliminated that entirely *shrugs*

I still say the people who complained are whiny snobs, there's still not a good argument for why an in game server browser is so much better in the first place, unless you just really like jamming out to the in game soundtrack while you browse or something, a good minute or two could be saved by launching in browser, no waiting for the main menu/waiting for battlelog to connect, just immediately dropped into a loading screen without any wasted time.

Surfinn

Battlelog was friggin' great, and it's features are sorely missed. You know you've done fucked up when you have to go to third party sites to get statistics that the game used to wear on it's sleeve.

It was incredibly convenient to just launch the game directly into the server of choice, battlelogs only problem being that having a browser open would drain resources but...just closing the browser on game launch eliminated that entirely *shrugs*

I still say the people who complained are whiny snobs, there's still not a good argument for why an in game server browser is so much better in the first place, unless you just really like jamming out to the in game soundtrack while you browse or something, a good minute or two could be saved by launching in browser, no waiting for the main menu/waiting for battlelog to connect, just immediately dropped into a loading screen without any wasted time.

For me, the issue isn't Battlelog itself, but rather the buggy mess that was the idea of REQUIRING the damn thing just to launch the game. That's the only issue I ever had. It was like a game in itself to get the fucking thing to launch. If they had sorted that out and there weren't bugs or anything that prevented the player from connecting/loading, I'd have had no issue.

I've had zero issues with finding a game, launching, connecting to a server or loading into a game thus far in BF1.

I do wish Battlelog was the same only without the requirement of using it to get into a server.

If you could just alt-tab (boarderless window) and use Battlelog for stats, all would be good.

The Dude

I've only been playing the 64 man mode, It's actually really interesting and I've never really had an operation that was a major blow-out.

Ive seen a couple, and what's interesting is I've noticed defenses holding a bit better in 64 man as opposed to 40 man's

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
battlefield112.06.201xrsyr.png

Love rounds like this. Even though I can't stand it when people write "ez".

I almost had my first perfect game on Suez. I was 52-0 and we were at 700 then I got too greedy and a heavy tank killed me (I was in a light tank). I didn't want to lose C, but we did. I ended up going 62-5 and we lost 960-1000. Sad!

I also got pilot to 10, but the skin sucks so it's disappointing. Tanker is pretty close then all I have left is cavalry.

Trust DICE to be able to fuck up a simple quit button at the end of a match. Not only does it PS4s regularly crsh, but my PC has been in the quitting process for 5 minutes now. Unbelievable DICE.

Last night I told myself - Xmas is coming - you need to get your stock listed on eBay

21:30 comes along.... the itch had begun

21:45 ticks over..... itching intensifies

22:30 arrives.... Logs on battlefield. Scratches the itch.

I tell myself I won't go on. I truly believe I won't.

I do anyway. Why?

Alpende

What's a good way to rack up points for the scout class other than capping points and whatnot? I get firing flares everywhere but that doesn't net a whole lot of points compared to destroying tanks, reviving and throwing ammo.

What's a good way to rack up points for the scout class other than capping points and whatnot? I get firing flares everywhere but that doesn't net a whole lot of points compared to destroying tanks, reviving and throwing ammo.

Scout is by far the hardest one to level. Quite consistently we have someone with 60+ kills with hardly any deaths and they'll still struggle to break the 10k experience bracket

I think with Scout it's basically keep as you are, firing flares etc.... and just try to get plenty of kills. Being squad leader will net you some extra XP.

The only other option is to try to go aggressive and cap flags too.

Our sniper came 2nd once.... Redders top obviously as medic. Our sniper ran 122 kills to like 18 deaths....

Theorry

Scout is by far the hardest one to level. Quite consistently we have someone with 60+ kills with hardly any deaths and they'll still struggle to break the 10k experience bracket

I think with Scout it's basically keep as you are, firing flares etc.... and just try to get plenty of kills. Being squad leader will net you some extra XP.

The only other option is to try to go aggressive and cap flags too.

Our sniper came 2nd once.... Redders top obviously as medic. Our sniper ran 122 kills to like 18 deaths....

I am quite alot on the top of the leaderboard with the sniper. Not with crazy kills also.
Just ptfo run with teammates. Spot flares and be on the flag. I always have arround 15k or something. And i am not the best sniper.

Also be a scout when you are in behemoths or attempting to take down behemoths as well.

I actually level up my scout rank to 10 before support. And I am a terrible sniper :p Reaching Pilot rank 10 will be the hardest for me since I am a terrible pilot.

Of course you do, the level is completely based on the experience you gain while playing the class. So the more stuff you do to get points, the faster you will level. It ain't rocket science. :p
Yep. For that very reason hopping into a Behemoth and getting lots of kills is actually THE BEST way to level the class you have selected when spawning, no matter if you lose or not, especially if you destroy vehicles and get multi kills.

Of course still winning with all the Behemoth points is totally worth it, so try to do something valuable with it rather than dropping ship battery bombardement on random mountain snipers.

@Revives: Wish DICE would rename "SKIP" to "SKIP CHANCE FOR REVIVE/TO BE REVIVED". I think the majority of instant revive skippers (you know, all those players holding down spacebar as soon as they hit the ground) do it because they don't know any better and think it actually lets them get back into the action faster by "skipping" waiting time. That there are not even any hints in the loading screens telling people that doing that doesn't actually get you in the action faster doesn't help. If they made that chance I would probably be able to get at least 50% more revives. Sometimes instant-skippers are so abundant and the majority of the team that I actually switch out the Syringe mid match for the HE noob tube because I at least actually get to use that one.

Scout is actually one of the faster to level up because it's less points per level. Scout is only 30k and the other main classes are 50k. So you need 300k to get to rank 10 instead of 500k. The main thing is just playing the objective. Yeah, sit back and support your team, but don't be one of those guys that just stay away out and don't really do anything. As long as you're capping, spamming flares, and being a mobile spawn point for your squad. It'll go pretty fast.

Scout is actually one of the faster to level up because it's less points per level. Scout is only 30k and the other main classes are 50k. So you need 300k to get to rank 10 instead of 500k. The main thing is just playing the objective. Yeah, sit back and support your team, but don't be one of those guys that just stay away out and don't really do anything. As long as you're capping, spamming flares, and being a mobile spawn point for your squad. It'll go pretty fast.

Didn't realise it was less points to level up. That could explain why it gets less points when compared to other classes

EDIT: I'd actually say being in the behemoth isn't that effective if you go against a competent team. It can be taken down before your team even loses 10 tickets.
We had two last night that disappeared quicker than a fart in a hurricane

Donos

Haven't looked up what gear the Scout in BF1 has but i always played an agressive frontline Scout/Recon/sniper in BF4, only with DMR (3,4 Zoom), using the radar beacon for spawn or the proximity sensor to show enemies at the caps. I almost never do a long range sniper.

Is something like that possible in BF1? Already lvl 10 with medic and 7 with Assault but 0 with support and scout.

Top Bottom