• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Didn't realise it was less points to level up. That could explain why it gets less points when compared to other classes

Yeah, most of the classes have different requirements. I don't know how they came up with the exact numbers.

Tanker: 60k (600k)
Assault, Medic, Support: 50k (500k)
Calvary: 35k (350k)
Scout: 30k (300k)
Pilot: 25k (250k)

Opps Medic is actually only 45k (450k). My bad.

Haven't looked up what gear the Scout in BF1 has but i always played an agressive frontline Scout/Recon/sniper in BF4, only with DMR (3,4 Zoom), using the radar beacon for spawn or the proximity sensor to show enemies at the caps. I almost never do a long range sniper.

Is something like that possible in BF1? Already lvl 10 with medic and 7 with Assault but 0 with support and scout.

Yeah, you can do that.The Martini-Henry is the best for that stuff since it's OHK range is 30m-80m, however that's a level 10 unlock. The SMLE MKIII is somewhat close to that and it's one of the first weapons you get, It's 40m? to something. I forgot the exact numbers because I don't snipe that much. However, there is no spawn beacon, but the flare is pretty much a proximity sensor.

Haven't looked up what gear the Scout in BF1 has but i always played an agressive frontline Scout/Recon/sniper in BF4, only with DMR (3,4 Zoom), using the radar beacon for spawn or the proximity sensor to show enemies at the caps. I almost never do a long range sniper.

Is something like that possible in BF1? Already lvl 10 with medic and 7 with Assault but 0 with support and scout.

The SMLE can be ran with no scope and it's very effective at mid-range.

Also - at around 80% damage close up you can quickly switch to the side arm (MARS being the most powerful) and finish off close enemies.

It's definitely possible.

Yeah, most of the classes have different requirements. I don't know how they came up with the exact numbers.

Tanker: 60k (600k)
Assault, Medic, Support: 50k (500k)
Calvary: 35k (350k)
Scout: 30k (300k)
Pilot: 25k (250k)

That seems like hardly any points. I'm at 2.6million xp with Assault (It's all I use). I can definitely understand how one of our guys got rank 10 in all (main) classes in about a week.

Daigoro

Didn't realise it was less points to level up. That could explain why it gets less points when compared to other classes

i think it takes less points to level up because they earn less points compared to other classes.

yes, but it's a lot harder. you still need to use sniper rifles and they are outclassed at short-medium range for the most part by other classes weapons. the SMLE or the Gewehr 95 are the weapons to use for PTFO. use the flare gun, and side arms effectively and it can be done.

But teammates can die or be under fire D: what I mean is something like the radio gadgets in bf4.
Nothing was better than sprinting through the murderish crossfire in Metro Rush in BF3 and planting a hidden radio beacon in the ticket booth where your whole squad would spawn in short order, arm the MCOMs and absolutely murder the camping defenders who were to dumbfounded by what was happening to react. I loved doing that.

Radio beacon needs to come back as a Recon gadget, even if half of them will be standing on mountains 3km away from the action. Just like the Signal Flares in Killzone 2 they were the perfect strategic tool to break stalemates and locked down fronts. Yeah, sure, you managed to push us back to the base, but all I need to do is sneak through, plant a beacon at the most distant flag/objective and suddenly WE have most flags and attack you from two sides.

Nothing was better than sprinting through the murderish crossfire in Metro Rush in BF3 and planting a hidden radio beacon in the ticket booth where your whole squad would spawn in short order, arm the MCOMs and absolutely murder the camping defenders who were to dumbfounded by what was happening to react. I loved doing that.

Radio beacon needs to come back as a Recon gadget, even if half of them will be standing on mountains 3km away from the action. Just like the Signal Flares in Killzone 2 they were the perfect strategic tool to break stalemates and locked down fronts. Yeah, sure, you managed to push us back to the base, but all I need to do is sneak through, plant a beacon at the most distant flag/objective and suddenly WE have most flags and attack you from two sides.

Personally I'm glad you can't do this now.
I hate being spawned and killed from behind. It's the main reason I play operations haha

BPK

Have any enhancements been made to OG ps4's framerate? I couldn't play the game for long stretches because I found the framerate jumped so much.

Also, do we know when the "free" December map is dropping?

Have any enhancements been made to OG ps4's framerate? I couldn't play the game for long stretches because I found the framerate jumped so much.

Also, do we know when the "free" December map is dropping?

Alot of December 13th Rumours have been circulating but no official word yet

ironcreed

Banned
You need to try it on the pro.... it's a game changer. Pure visual amazement.

I bet. But I am more than fine playing it on Xbox One. It's almost like I am already playing it on a more powerful system it looks so good.

As for the Pro? I am more than happy with my OG PS4 and plan to ride it on out until PS5. Too early to upgrade for me.

I bet. But I am more than fine playing it on Xbox One. It's almost like I am already playing it on a more powerful system it looks so good.

As for the Pro? I am more than happy with my OG PS4 and plan to ride it on out until PS5. Too early to upgrade for me.

That's a fair shout, it's not for everyone. I only went in on the pro because my OG ps4 went jet engine but I am pleasantly surprised I did.

The difference in the next year will be very good. It's also a bit concerning that the OG ps4 seems to be having framerate issues with upcoming games...

Lender

M95 carbine all the way.

Russian Sniper... the one with the Bipod. Is it usable while standing (like the SMIII Marksman or whatever) or is it pretty much useless without bipod?

Well it was a glitch or server issue that had me stuck at level 0 medic after 6-8 hours of play(and really being a medic). Last night I go in and see I'm half way to a 3.
Man I love this game but I've never had a backlog like this.

Alpende

Scout is actually one of the faster to level up because it's less points per level. Scout is only 30k and the other main classes are 50k. So you need 300k to get to rank 10 instead of 500k. The main thing is just playing the objective. Yeah, sit back and support your team, but don't be one of those guys that just stay away out and don't really do anything. As long as you're capping, spamming flares, and being a mobile spawn point for your squad. It'll go pretty fast.

Also be a scout when you are in behemoths or attempting to take down behemoths as well.

I actually level up my scout rank to 10 before support. And I am a terrible sniper :p Reaching Pilot rank 10 will be the hardest for me since I am a terrible pilot.

Scout is by far the hardest one to level. Quite consistently we have someone with 60+ kills with hardly any deaths and they'll still struggle to break the 10k experience bracket

Thanks guys. I have yet to play as a scout but I want to level that class up a bit. I'll just play the regular way by capping points and whatnot.

I think with Scout it's basically keep as you are, firing flares etc.... and just try to get plenty of kills. Being squad leader will net you some extra XP.

The only other option is to try to go aggressive and cap flags too.

Our sniper came 2nd once.... Redders top obviously as medic. Our sniper ran 122 kills to like 18 deaths....

Thanks guys. I have yet to play as a scout but I do want to level the class up a bit. I'll just play the regular way by capping points and such.

Meccs

I still like Domination mode. It's silly but pretty good to get a feeling for all the weapons since you are in the action all the time.
The M1907 SL is pretty dope btw!

Does anyone have a source stating actual weak spots for tanks, or how the mechanics for deflections work? I want to spend a few rounds fucking up some enemy vehicles.

terrible

Banned
I still like Domination mode. It's silly but pretty good to get a feeling for all the weapons since you are in the action all the time.
The M1907 SL is pretty dope btw!

I wish they'd double or triple the ticket count in Domination. Some games only last 3 minutes. That's my only complaint. Ok I lied, I wish they'd remove the elite class from Domination too lol. Love the mode though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Not really sure what people see in Opperations. I played maybe 3 rounds and it's one of the most frustrating matches I've ever played. How one is supposed to take those 2 Bunkers on Monte Grappa is beyond me.

Also, is the server browser on PC just fucked? Pretty much every time I join a server that, according to the server browser, has free slots I end up in a queue anyway.

Surfinn

Definitely thinking the next OT should be:

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make Shotguns Snipe again

I was at like 30-40HP and no lie got killed across the fucking map with a Model 10. Like when it showed the dude who killed me, it zoomed in on a little dot on my screen. I just sat there stunned lol.

terrible

Banned
Definitely thinking the next OT should be:

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make Shotguns Snipe again

I was at like 30-40HP and no lie got killed across the fucking map with a Model 10. Like when it showed the dude who killed me, it zoomed in on a little dot on my screen. I just sat there stunned lol.

I'm guessing someone hit you with something else at the exact same time. That happens a lot I think, at least to me. Each pellet only does 4 damage from beyond 22m and at extreme ranges (lets say 100m+) you're lucky if even 1 or 2 pellets land.

Surfinn

I'm guessing someone hit you with something else at the exact same time. That happens a lot I think, at least to me. Each pellet only does 4 damage from beyond 22m and at extreme ranges (lets say 100m+) you're lucky if even 1 or 2 pellets land.

I dunno, this has happened to me on multiple occasions. Doesn't look like anyone else is around. I think some of the pellets land just right sometimes, maybe land a lucky headshot?

Either way, a shotgun shouldn't be hitting shit from the range I died.

The Flash

Banned
Some of the big name BF YouTubers are doing videos on weapons that could show up in the game.

Burton 1917 light machine rifle
Type: Prototype automatic rifle
APD1pAQ.png
Annihilator (Thompson SMG prototype)
Type: Prototype submachine gun
Ross rifle
Type: Bolt action rifle
Fedorov Avtomat
Type: Automatic rifle
Berthier rifle
Type: Bolt action rifle
Chauchat
Type: Light machine gun

jackfrags
Westie

ironcreed

Banned
Great game, but I am getting some random hardcore lag where I am juttering around in the same spot and can't go anywhere. Anyone else have this issue? It's not my connection, as everything else plays fine.

Scouts are REALLY fun when you use iron sights and stay mid-range. Kills with bolt action rifles are probably the most satisfying in the game.

Let me introduce you to the Model 10.....

Does anyone have a source stating actual weak spots for tanks, or how the mechanics for deflections work? I want to spend a few rounds fucking up some enemy vehicles.

Hitting them from the back is confirmed to do more damage. If you are at 'an angle' firing from the field gun it will most likely bounce off. If you don't get a near direct hit on the side you are best off just blamming the front of the tank. Still takes like 30 damage.

For light tanks just hit it anywhere and it'll go down fast. Dynamite to the rear of any tank will take it down in 2/3.

Not really sure what people see in Opperations. I played maybe 3 rounds and it's one of the most frustrating matches I've ever played. How one is supposed to take those 2 Bunkers on Monte Grappa is beyond me.

You need to rush the bunkers literally as soon as the 'sector secured' bit comes up. Even UKps4Gaf has some trouble when people dig in. Fortunately we normally run 3 or 4 people up there before they manage to dig in. It's easy as hell once you do that.

Another tactic is to park a light tank at one of the doors and just keep suppressing the defenders

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is the heavy tank/landship tank loadout for explosive cannon fire? (allowing for one hit kills)

It appears every loadout just allows the machine gun for the driver.

This is bugging me as it was a standard loadout in the beta.

OléGunner;226223816 said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is the heavy tank/landship tank loadout for explosive cannon fire? (allowing for one hit kills)

It appears every loadout just allows the machine gun for the driver.

This is bugging me as it was a standard loadout in the beta.

Heavy Tank standard loadout gives the driver the cannon which is a OHKO dead on. Same for the Light Tank.

The landship is a piece of trash. Driver just has MG's. When you have passengers they fire the cannons on either flank.

Donos

wtf, was close to asking almost the same here. Played yesterday 2 hours of assault and had so many rocket gun ricochets from different angles (at least i like the sound it makes, reminds me of Fury)
Also had at least 2 hits straight from the fromt which bounced of which was strange.

wtf, was close to asking almost the same here. Played yesterday 2 hours of assault and had so many rocket gun ricochets from different angles (at least i like the sound it makes, reminds me of Fury)
Also had at least 2 hits straight from the fromt which bounced of which was strange.

Rocket gun is a bit of a bugger for that. Your best bet is Anti-Tank Grenades, Field Gun or Dynamite.

Limpet charge is also an option.

The rocket gun for me is just too inconsistent

Donos

Rocket gun is a bit of a bugger for that. Your best bet is Anti-Tank Grenades, Field Gun or Dynamite.

Limpet charge is also an option.

The rocket gun for me is just too inconsistent

Well 9 out of 10 of my kills with rocket gun are foot soldiers and it gives me huge range while rolling with Model 10 H. Can't really give that spot to something else.

Well 9 out of 10 of my kills with rocket gun are foot soldiers and it gives me huge range while rolling with Model 10 H. Can't really give that spot to something else.

Well yeah for infantry long range it's really effective haha

Just bought this for PS4 and I'm getting Not Enough Free Space. deleted some stuff now have 68 Gigs. Same error. Any ideas?

Once you do get it on if you fancy playing with UKps4Gaf just send me a friend request
Luvs_2_Squidge

Didn't they hold any benefits back on the MP though? Or do we still get improved visuals and frame rate?

I only ask.....as I JUST BOUGHT A PRO BABY

ZCj40Dn.gif

Coming from a standard 1080p to a 49" 4k TV I noticed a massive difference on MP

Sure the single player looks better but the picture quality on multiplayer is a vast difference to standard HD. I've played every map and never experienced any of the framerate or issues others experienced.

December 13th is rumoured to be another patch to improve the stability further!

As always - add me on Luvs_2_Squidge if you wanna join the gaf squad

Lazy Lemmy

Neo Member
ZCj40Dn.gif

Coming from a standard 1080p to a 49" 4k TV I noticed a massive difference on MP

Sure the single player looks better but the picture quality on multiplayer is a vast difference to standard HD. I've played every map and never experienced any of the framerate or issues others experienced.

December 13th is rumoured to be another patch to improve the stability further!

As always - add me on Luvs_2_Squidge if you wanna join the gaf squad

Cool cool.

F/R sent.....been playing Ops pretty much all the time recently....it's a great mode

Top Bottom