• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

So either my eyes are playing tricks on me or I might've discovered a graphical bug/glitch on the PS4 PRO version of the game.

It seems that the maps in the 24 players modes look a little washed out when compared to Conquest or Operations. It's hard to explain, the strongest difference being Sinai desert Conquest compared to TDM or Domination. Looks quite dull in comparison, almost like some sort of limited range of colors... And I know there is dynamic weather which drastically changes the look of the maps, but let's say sunny Sinai on both Conquest or Domination....

I'm playing on a Samsung KS8000 btw...

Anyone else noticed something like this or I'm loosing it?

Cool cool.

F/R sent.....been playing Ops pretty much all the time recently....it's a great mode

Yeah we go on at 22:00 UK time every night for a few games. We do operations 40 man.

We've got like 110 wins to 6 losses haha

So either my eyes are playing tricks on me or I might've discovered a graphical bug/glitch on the PS4 PRO version of the game.

It seems that the maps in the 24 players modes look a little washed out when compared to Conquest or Operations. It's hard to explain, the strongest difference being Sinai desert Conquest compared to TDM or Domination. Looks quite dull in comparison, almost like some sort of limited range of colors... And I know there is dynamic weather which drastically changes the look of the maps, but let's say sunny Sinai on both Conquest or Domination....

I'm playing on a Samsung KS8000 btw...

Anyone else noticed something like this or I'm loosing it?

I only ever play 40 man operation so maybe it is a difference in game mode? It's not like you can blame the TV since I think you have arguably the best on the market for gaming.

Yeah we go on at 22:00 UK time every night for a few games. We do operations 40 man.

We've got like 110 wins to 6 losses haha

I only ever play 40 man operation so maybe it is a difference in game mode? It's not like you can blame the TV since I think you have arguably the best on the market for gaming.

I'm not blaming the TV as other games are perfect, I was thinking about a bug introduced with the latest patch. Driveclub had a similar problem in the past, some racing courses were extremely dim during ingame daytime and they had to patch it.

I'm not blaming the TV as other games are perfect, I was thinking about a bug introduced with the latest patch. Driveclub had a similar problem in the past, some racing courses were extremely dim during ingame daytime and they had to patch it.

You could be on to something here as they do say in the next patch they are going to fix certain issues surrounding the adaptation to the Pro.

I'm guessing someone hit you with something else at the exact same time. That happens a lot I think, at least to me. Each pellet only does 4 damage from beyond 22m and at extreme ranges (lets say 100m+) you're lucky if even 1 or 2 pellets land.

I've got a clip that's pretty damn ridiculous saved on my PS4. Just me and someone with the shotgun. I had full life and died in one shot from a ridiculous distance.

Hold on a minute, as a pro user I've never seen anything but a massive improvement over the OG ps4.

What's the supposed issue here?

Originally Posted by DICE

Hi all,

We found an issue that explains a lot of the issues mentioned in this thread, e.g. FPS drops and blurry textures. The issue relates to the dynamic resolution where the minimum was too high.

We have a fix for this for all platforms (except PC that does not use dynamic resolution) and it will be included in the next patch.

Nils

Source

I've got a clip that's pretty damn ridiculous saved on my PS4. Just me and someone with the shotgun. I had full life and died in one shot from a ridiculous distance.

I'm 42 service stars with the Model 10 Hunter. Last time I checked that was the second most kills in the UK on ps4.

I can 100% confirm the Model 10 Hunter on occasion, will kill someone from a ridiculous distance.

However - If I play 3 or 4 games of operations a night I usually get a 1 or 2 service stars a night.

Out of all those kills I'd say 1 or 2 a night are ridiculous.

Looking at it in the grand scheme of things, and the fact that less than 5% of kills come from shotty -

It's not that bad.

Meccs

I'm currently debating whether I should upgrade and get a RX480. I have a 3+ year old i5 4570 and a OC'ed AMD 7950 3GB and it's just amazing how well this game runs on it. I have pretty much a stable 60 on 1080p with High textures and rest on high/medium. A lot of people complain about CPU and FPS issues but it runs without issues for me, never maxing CPU or GPU. I never thought the 7950 would be able to hold up that well...

D_Star

Neo Member
I'm currently debating whether I should upgrade and get a RX480 or 1060. I have a 3+ year old i5 4570 and a OC'ed AMD 7950 and it's just amazing how well this game runs on it. I have pretty much a stable 60 on 1080p with High textures and rest on high/medium. A lot of people complain about CPU and FPS issues but it runs without issues for me, never maxing CPU or GPU. I never thought the 7950 would be able to hold up that well...

I have a 7950 as well, but its coupled with an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T. Getting pretty intense framedrops, but for the most part I can get about 80 fps in most conquest games. Have textures and mesh quality on high, the rest on low. No need for me to up the graphical settings, I'm used to mp games to look like crap because most of the time I'm not paying attention to the detail.

I'm actually thinking about upgrading my processor + motherboard to a newer platform, to get rid of the framedrops. That 7950 still holds up pretty well indeed...

This game is pretty CPU intensive.

Arttemis

I wish the new game mode would be bolt action rifles, pistols, and melee only. Why would they neglect the weapon that overwhelmingly represented the war the game is about?

I wish the new game mode would be bolt action rifles, pistols, and melee only. Why would they neglect the weapon that overwhelmingly represented the war the game is about?
It's a shame only one class can use them and that class also has the worst gadgets in the game imo

OléGunner;226232205 said:
Will add you to play with UK Gaf.
My FL barely has any BF1 players.

Brilliant, we are on from 22:00 UK time every night but once I've got home I'll add you to group chat. Just drop a message whenever you want to party up and you'll usually find people. We have nearly 70 members in chat.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Finally got my level 10 Assault Rifle. My god that thing is a beast. I have only 4 days before they nerf it in the next patch so TLG can wait while i destroy fools with this thing.

I still cant get over how good shooting feels in this game. I love everything about it. From the accurate hit markers to the final red marker that indicates the killing blow to the little metallic sound it makes when you land the killing blow. it's so fucking satisfying.

The thing i dont like is how it doesnt balance lobbies. i had to sit through a stupid 10 minute gang rape session where it was just my squad playing rush against three squads. they didnt switch teams either and just sat there spawn camping us. it was late at night on a weeknight but teams are unbalanced more often than not.

Recall

I second this. Support blatantly has the worse gadgets.

They are a bit lacking but the limpet charge and ammo crate have done me well so far. Though if any new gadgets are created they should go to support before going to assault, or st least improve some of the supports guns to wreck like they do with the other classes.

The model 10 as a support weapon would be nice, eh ;)

They are a bit lacking but the limpet charge and ammo crate have done me well so far. Though if any new gadgets are created they should go to support before going to assault, or st least improve some of the supports guns to wreck like they do with the other classes.

The model 10 as a support weapon would be nice, eh ;)

Model 10 only class pls....

To be fair they should have differentiated some of the classes into sub groups.

Assault - Shotty
Assault - SMG

Would have been nice.....

And with all my heart I second this.All my other classes are 10,support is 4 atm, and I just cant stand it.It is not the weapons but man those gadgets suck.

My least favourite class by far is the Medic. I haven't even got it past level 0. I can't stand the guns. I can't stand the gadgets.

Nope.

Give me balls out shotguns all day

Finally got my level 10 Assault Rifle. My god that thing is a beast. I have only 4 days before they nerf it in the next patch so TLG can wait while i destroy fools with this thing.

They already nerfed the Hellreigel. They won't do it again. The smg balance is actually pretty good. The Automatico has a much faster TTK and better hip fire. However, it suffers from low magazine size. The MP 18 is pretty much in the middle of the two in terms of stats.

Giant's Shadow trailer. Dec 20th. Crossbow confirmed.

https://youtu.be/vPS7ggNEJn4

Literally just dropped.

Now to wait for word on whether it'll be the 3rd map on Kaiserslacht like everyone thinks.....

If it's not part of Operations then I'll never play it so meh.

Looks very interesting though.

Map looks cool so far, but no snow?!

Snow is coming in the March DLC apparently - I'd be surprised if they didn't add snow effects to all of the maps over xmas as a holiday thing. That would be fucking brilliant.

Also - this map will have dynamic weather including torrential rain and storms

Yeah they do. The mortar is great, but I like being mobile and the limpet charge is just kind of whatever. I'd rather just have dynamite. So the bow should be good for me.
The only time I use limpet is on maps with lots of houses and or roofs ala desert. Amazing for that purpose, useless against vehicles.
Maybe up the inventory to 2

Top Bottom