• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

So my step brother was looking at getting battlefield one. He's got an i7 930, GTX 670 and I believe 6 gigs of RAM. At what settings would he be able to have decent fps while still looking better than say.. the xbox one version? I can also buy him some more ram if needed.

vixlar

so, what's the difference between grenade lancher and grenade crossbow, in terms of videogame?

Edit: In the trailer there's someone firing from a fallen gondole. That's cool!!!!

terrible

Banned
That crossbow seems so stupid considering you can already throw grenades the length of an NFL football field with precision. Support is the last class that needs extra grenades too since you can just resupply and toss frag grenades normally like every 10 seconds. I guess it'll be funny using it though? I don't know.

I'm amazed by the 180 I've done with the Scout class. It's quickly becoming my most-played class, and I'm using the standard class gun (Gewher M95 Infantry I think?). I'm playing highly aggressive with this class and it's fun as hell! Two shots will kill most people, and even if you can't get the second shot off you'll get an "assist counts as kill" 90% of the time anyway. I finished a game of Conquest last night at the top of the leaderboards at like 39-5. I'm not playing like a standard sniper and it's so fun.

I just love this gun. Too bad the Scout gadgets suck. I really only use the spot flare when taking capture points.

terrible

Banned
Every other class is probably better for playing objectives aggressively but there's something ridiculously satisfying about doing well while playing Scout. Getting a close range bodyshot then quick switching and finishing them off with your pistol, feels good. I think the flare gun is the best gadget in the game for infantry combat though so I don't agree that their gadgets aren't good. It's like having a Blackbird from Black Ops. The only problem is Support players don't drop ammo so you can't use it as often as you should unless you're playing with friends.

Brohan

I hate the fact that even though i can pinpoint the posistion of my teammates by the sound of their footsteps yet i simply Can't do the same for the enemy players. I get snuck up on all the time without hearing a single footstep..

It's starting to really annoy me.

Did they mess up the audio? Does anyone else have this same problem?

Meccs

Why do we need this "one week earlier for Premium" even on free maps? What the hell EA?!

I hate the fact that even though i can pinpoint the posistion of my teammates by the sound of their footsteps i simply Can't do the same for the enemy players. I get snuck up on all the time without hearing a single footstep..

It's starting to really annoy me.

Did they mess up the audio? Does anyone else have this same problem?
I noticed that too.

So my step brother was looking at getting battlefield one. He's got an i7 930, GTX 670 and I believe 6 gigs of RAM. At what settings would he be able to have decent fps while still looking better than say.. the xbox one version? I can also buy him some more ram if needed.
That CPU is too slow imho. BF1 is CPU intensive. It's not like you can set everything to low and then it works. People report really nasty frame drops to the point it renders the game pretty much unplayable.

Why do we need this "one week earlier for Premium" even on free maps? What the hell EA?!

I noticed that too.

That CPU is too slow imho. BF1 is CPU intensive. It's not like you can set everything to low and then it works. People report really nasty frame drops to the point it renders the game pretty much unplayable.

Good to know, will let him know. Thanks!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

I noticed that too.

You can always overclock it. And if you pair it with a high end Nvidia GPU it takes some of the strain off the CPU. However, DICE did something to the Empire map that completely breaks it on those type of CPUs.

Capsov

Yes! St. Quentin Scar is my favorite map and Giant's Shadow looks like its in the similar style. Love the mix of village and field fighting. Cant wait.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So just to clarify, Battlefield 1 introduced two key changes to conquest:
1) Ticket bleed no longer exists for flag captures.
2) Revives no longer preserve a ticket loss.

So just to clarify, Battlefield 1 introduced two key changes to conquest:
1) Ticket bleed no longer exists for flag captures.
2) Revives no longer preserve a ticket loss.

I was under the impression revives do prevent a ticket lost. Isnt that what DICE changed from the beta due to feedback?

I’m really getting tired of these teams lately. Like the vast majority of the players on the other team are all +70, while my team the only +70 players are me and maybe like two other people, everyone less it like 40 or below. Then we just get fucking rolled. Just my last game they had 100s, 90s, and 80s, while my team was 50 or less. I’m assuming those high ranked players are all in the same squads that’s why the teams are always stacked.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
That crossbow seems so stupid considering you can already throw grenades the length of an NFL football field with precision. Support is the last class that needs extra grenades too since you can just resupply and toss frag grenades normally like every 10 seconds. I guess it'll be funny using it though? I don't know.
It sounds like Support now has an accurate ranged anti vehicle option, and it needs it badly after the mortar nerf.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yup. Support still needs some work IMO.

I wonder if we can choose the type of grenades in the crossbow? incendiary, impact, anti-tank etc.
Looks like there's two flavors.

With Giant’s Shadow comes the Grenade Crossbow, a powerful addition to the Support class’s arsenal. Based on one of many unique contraptions from the Great War, this gadget can silently fire two grenades of either the Fragmentation or High Explosive variety.

I wanna start leveling up other classes, but... dat Martini. It's so satisfyingly amazing. I don't get too many headshots with it, but it doesn't matter. You hit that "sweet spot" and they're done.

The Dude

Damn I'm becoming disgusting with the plane if people let me go lol but it's so satisfying. That sound of 4 5 6+kills at times at once is just to addicting

The Dude

On on ps4. I'm just getting decent with it, have about 15 or 16 service stars with it I believe

Tell you guys what is sucking tho with 64 man operations, fucking monte grappa, 2B is becoming ridiculous.... I've now lost about 5 matches because I'd say 20 or so load into B and just that's it. Can't even get in there. Starting to bug me a bit

Edit: 17 stars, just checked

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Man, I just picked this game up a few weeks ago. Just played the Pigeon mode for the first time - love it. First BF game where I've enjoyed the non-64 player modes.

Surfinn

Just had my best game ever. Went 81-0 on Sinari.. Literally just rolled around in a heavy tank the entire game all over the map. Shot down some planes, hunted tanks camping on the hills of E, capped C, D several times, capped E once, dodged, evaded and killed squads of assault soldiers who frantically hunted me down. Almost died like 6 times, had a dude repair me a couple times. Flanked and killed a couple tanks trying to circle.

Best of all, we won by TWO points. Got complimented lots on my driving (finally no one bitching or calling me a hacker).

Felt good. Only time I wasn't moving was for repairs. Had nice gunning support too.

On on ps4. I'm just getting decent with it, have about 15 or 16 service stars with it I believe

Tell you guys what is sucking tho with 64 man operations, fucking monte grappa, 2B is becoming ridiculous.... I've now lost about 5 matches because I'd say 20 or so load into B and just that's it. Can't even get in there. Starting to bug me a bit

Edit: 17 stars, just checked
How do you handle dog fights in the air? How do you handle movement in the air?

The Dude

WpdjWx.jpg

107 and 10 and we lost, I kept the air space clean as a whistle, destroyed AAs nonstop and man the team just couldn't find a way. They got locked up again in B.

As for above, maneuvering is just sort of early anticipating. Like you gotta have your plan in action and sort of start ascending or descending earlier, or even dog fights, just sort of weave around. There are some guys that are good and my attack plane isn't quick enough so I'll switch to a fighter to take them out.

Edit: sorry if the photo is a bit blurry, snapped it quick with my phone

I’m really getting tired of these teams lately. Like the vast majority of the players on the other team are all +70, while my team the only +70 players are me and maybe like two other people, everyone less it like 40 or below. Then we just get fucking rolled. Just my last game they had 100s, 90s, and 80s, while my team was 50 or less. I’m assuming those high ranked players are all in the same squads that’s why the teams are always stacked.

UKps4Gaf is mostly high 70's and some 80's and we are finding this.

Our team is normally always massively more levelled than the opponent

Edit: also last night we finally achieved the top of the mountain. Defending on Iron Walls we held the opponent on all 3 attacks on the first objective... the church.
600 Tickets defending one objective.

That means we've now white washed every operation attacking and defended every operation all the way through on the first sector.

Daffy Duck

Edit: also last night we finally achieved the top of the mountain. Defending on Iron Walls we held the opponent on all 3 attacks on the first objective... the church.
600 Tickets defending one objective.

That means we've now white washed every operation attacking and defended every operation all the way through on the first sector.

Is that an achievement or an award or something?

That was an amazing round though, the moment I fell in love with the newly unlocked Hellriegel.

Is that an achievement or an award or something?

That was an amazing round though, the moment I fell in love with the newly unlocked Hellriegel.

It's a life achievement. Something to tell the grand kids.

We did it guys. We finally conquered BF1 operations haha.

BRING ON THE DLC!

web01

Support is an underplayed class so giving them the grenade crossbow will be good, even though it will only boost players temporarily.

Have you guys done 64s yet DG?

Yeah we did them (I didn't play that game)

Some of the guys reported it was too laggy for them so we went back to 40 man because it didn't seem fair.

Hopefully if the servers improve we can switch back.

For the record they won in like 35 minutes flat or something.

The Dude

Yeah we did them (I didn't play that game)

Some of the guys reported it was too laggy for them so we went back to 40 man because it didn't seem fair.

Hopefully if the servers improve we can switch back.

For the record they won in like 35 minutes flat or something.

Damn that's weird, haven't experienced to much lag on my end with them. I'm not sure I'll be able to do 40s again, although like I mentioned above the way some of these matches can lock out in bunkers I might have to some

Damn that's weird, haven't experienced to much lag on my end with them. I'm not sure I'll be able to do 40s again, although like I mentioned above the way some of these matches can lock out in bunkers I might have to some

40's are decent because you get the right mix of chaos and order.

From reports the 64 man games are much easier because it's the default operation now and people leg it about like headless morons haha

The Dude

40's are decent because you get the right mix of chaos and order.

From reports the 64 man games are much easier because it's the default operation now and people leg it about like headless morons haha

Ha that's the thing tho, I was winning most of my 40s...my current win percentage is 70% at 140ish hours now, it was just a lot easier at least to me. The 64s while you do have a few more morons clucking about, it's been a lot harder to actually win.. I'm on a 5 or 6 game lose streak in 64s, but that's just my experience

Ha that's the thing tho, I was winning most of my 40s...my current win percentage is 70% at 140ish hours now, it was just a lot easier at least to me. The 64s while you do have a few more morons clucking about, it's been a lot harder to actually win.. I'm on a 5 or 6 game lose streak in 64s, but that's just my experience

I'm on 83% wins but that's like 120 games with Gaf so you can't really count it haha.
It's definitely easier when playing in a group. If I was solo it'd be much harder.

I'd like to do 64 man really if the servers improve. More people for Mr Model 10 to greet.

Top Bottom