• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

The Dude

I'm on 83% wins but that's like 120 games with Gaf so you can't really count it haha.
It's definitely easier when playing in a group. If I was solo it'd be much harder.

I'd like to do 64 man really if the servers improve. More people for Mr Model 10 to greet.

Try it solo sometime man, trust me... There's no crime in wasting people in clumps hah you'd have a field day with your hunter

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
God damn this game is pretty! I bought it just to test my new GPU and I'm not disappointed by the campaign so far. Seems a bit short, perhaps though?

Daffy Duck

I'm on 83% wins but that's like 120 games with Gaf so you can't really count it haha.
It's definitely easier when playing in a group. If I was solo it'd be much harder.

I'd like to do 64 man really if the servers improve. More people for Mr Model 10 to greet.

I play 64 player conquest on my own during the day and I don't have any server issues or lag, it's a whole lot of fun, and when I say I mean chaos.

The Dude

I play 64 player conquest on my own during the day and I don't have any server issues or lag, it's a whole lot of fun, and when I say I mean chaos.

Same, I haven't experienced any lag at all. I wouldn't play it if it was laggy, at first it seemed way to chaotic but now I love it.

When the old model 10 gets a bit thirsty for blueberry juice I'll drop in 64 haha.

I really hope the new map is added to an operation

It's British vs German.

Not sure about servers in other region, but in Asia, players switch teams in droves within 5~10 minutes to the side that is leading, resulting very one sided wins and loses. It happens so often that anyone that want to win has to be on the look out.

Recall

Same, I haven't experienced any lag at all. I wouldn't play it if it was laggy, at first it seemed way to chaotic but now I love it.

When there was a party of 8 of us the rubberbanding was insane, unplayable to a point. No idea how the servers function but it wasn't very fun at 64 players.

Lazy Lemmy

Neo Member
I only play the 64 player ops and conquest, no issues with lag whatsoever, maybe just lucky.

I do, predominately play solo mind (queue violins), so my win ration is only at 55%, but that's because randoms, are generally morons

How do people even win Monte Grappa on attack?

Here is the breakdown

First sector - rush A objective. Stand on the left hand wall outside the church. It will take it.

Second sector - randoms normally run to A so push for B and watch out for snipers - it's also closer to the next objective which is VERY important

Third sector - As soon as the 'sector secured' thing comes up - sprint like hell for where B objective will be up on the hills. That's the first bunker. If you've done it fast enough and have dynamite equipped you can normally either A) run in or B) blow the doors up immediately

Fourth Sector - exact same as third sector

Fifth Sector - Exact same as previous two but push for A objective

Last sector - directly from A objective run towards the left hand side of the bunker and rush in through the tunnels (blowing up the last door behind you before you go up)

If you do that you can win it in under 10 minutes.

If at any point they start to dig in on either B bunker - you'll have a shit time. If in doubt park a light tank at the doorway.

JDB

Banned
They should allow you to blow up to top of the bunkers or something. The fights inside are dreadful with only two narrow entrances.

They should allow you to blow up to top of the bunkers or something. The fights inside are dreadful with only two narrow entrances.

I agree there definitely needs to be another option. The choke point if the opponents do entrench themselves make it very difficult to break through.

The Dude

Especially the one bunker with a pair of steps in which once you run even near it you're dead as 3 to 5 guys are standing there.

I mean yea something needs to give. Also why can't we chuck dynamite a little further? Is it that heavy? Lol

Especially the one bunker with a pair of steps in which once you run even near it you're dead as 3 to 5 guys are standing there.

I mean yea something needs to give. Also why can't we chuck dynamite a little further? Is it that heavy? Lol

Thankfully the one you are referring to is second bunker B.

That can be taken from the top if you get more weight of people up there. Even easier with the blimp. You don't even have to break in.

The Dude

Thankfully the one you are referring to is bunker B.

That can be taken from the top if you get more weight of people up there. Even easier with the blimp. You don't even have to break in.

Oh yea on 40s, but 64s they pack their asses in like crazy lol when I did 40s I was able to really get into the bunkers without to to much trouble. But these 64s are proving different.

Acinixys

That CPU is too slow imho. BF1 is CPU intensive. It's not like you can set everything to low and then it works. People report really nasty frame drops to the point it renders the game pretty much unplayable.

Too slow? Im playing with an i5 2300 and I can play with almost everything on high

Monte Grappa as a whole is a garbage Operations map. The bunker on the second push and the fortress at the end are insanely difficult to capture if the enemy just swarms in and sits tight

JDB

Banned
Too slow? Im playing with an i5 2300 and I can play with almost everything on high

Monte Grappa as a whole is a garbage Operations map. The bunker on the second push and the fortress at the end are insanely difficult to capture if the enemy just swarms in and sits tight
I play with an i5 4670k and a 970 and I can't get a solid 60fps no matter what settings I use at 1080p. :/

WpdjWx.jpg

107 and 10 and we lost, I kept the air space clean as a whistle, destroyed AAs nonstop and man the team just couldn't find a way. They got locked up again in B.

As for above, maneuvering is just sort of early anticipating. Like you gotta have your plan in action and sort of start ascending or descending earlier, or even dog fights, just sort of weave around. There are some guys that are good and my attack plane isn't quick enough so I'll switch to a fighter to take them out.

Edit: sorry if the photo is a bit blurry, snapped it quick with my phone
Sorry for so many questions; I'm just trying to see how people with a ton of plane stay up in the air for almost the entire game. I can do that with a fighter plane, but sometimes the attack planes just turn way too slow. Although I need to get into the habit of switching to the gunner's seat. I have around 500 kills total with planes, which is a far cry from your 17 stars.

The Dude

Sorry for so many questions; I'm just trying to see how people with a ton of plane stay up in the air for almost the entire game. I can do that with a fighter plane, but sometimes the attack planes just turn way too slow. Although I need to get into the habit of switching to the gunner's seat. I have around 500 kills total with planes, which is a far cry from your 17 stars.

Ask anything you need man, I'll try to explain more the best I can.

Yea switching to gunner seat is huge, it's such a thrill also... I welcome dudes to fly up behind me because I switch and just blow them down, that gun just shreds them.

As for staying in air all game, there are times I can't... And that's with teams that simply say "no planes" and they just have artillery trucks, and AAs going, and other planes etc.. But a good portion of the time I can handle most situations. As for actually flying all game, I could definitely stay up there as long as needed with my plane, it's slower but it maneuvers pretty well.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Yea switching to gunner seat is huge, it's such a thrill also... I welcome dudes to fly up behind me because I switch and just blow them down, that gun just shreds them.

As for staying in air all game, there are times I can't... And that's with teams that simply say "no planes" and they just have artillery trucks, and AAs going, and other planes etc.. But a good portion of the time I can handle most situations. As for actually flying all game, I could definitely stay up there as long as needed with my plane, it's slower but it maneuvers pretty well.

Which plane do you fly?

What's wrong with Dynamite or limpet charges?

People who throw anti tank grenades at doors are the worst.

Ticket bleed in operations at least.

The relative safety of bouncing grenades around corners and having the ability to resupply yourself may be quite op.

Daffy Duck

So you switch seats and let the plane do whatever whilst you switch?

This sounds like some crazy shit. Lol.

Cynn

I love when people seat swap in attack planes. That way I can just trench dart them as I swoop past and not have to chase them anymore. :)

The Dude

Which plane do you fly?

I fly the attack plane with the ground infantry package, I'll switch it up pending the match if there are some speedy pilots to take down I'll head to the fighter and use a package with that one.
So you switch seats and let the plane do whatever whilst you switch?

This sounds like some crazy shit. Lol.

Well hah you have to level off quickly, you don't have tons of time as if you're not quite level you'll start to nose dive. But yea, you level off as most people fly behind trying to shoot you down, once you start getting shot you level off switch and just fuck them up. Alot of times they come right up on you, and in that case they're gonna die even quicker. But you gotta do it all fairly quick.

I love when people seat swap in attack planes. That way I can just trench dart them as I swoop past and not have to chase them anymore. :)

Well hah yea there's always a counter, but I'd say 99% of people don't fly that way. I've had a couple guys who didn't fly up behind me, but my counter was getting into a fighter and then chasing them down :p but what most do is fly behind trying to gun someone down which is natural. But I've got it down to where Yea most anyone who does that is dead.

bosseye

Infamous B bunker on Grappa could definitely do with a slight rethink. It's incredibly hard (to the point of impossibility sometimes) to winkle out entrenched defenders if they get a foothold in 64 player, especially if playing with randoms and no one rushes the bunker straight from the previous sector.

Just something, I don't know make the entrances slightly wider, allow a section of the roof to be blown in perhaps. I dunno, but I've lost track of the number of times my Grappa fun ends at that 3rd sector.

The Dude

Infamous B bunker on Grappa could definitely do with a slight rethink. It's incredibly hard (to the point of impossibility sometimes) to winkle out entrenched defenders if they get a foothold in 64 player, especially if playing with randoms and no one rushes the bunker straight from the previous sector.

Just something, I don't know make the entrances slightly wider, allow a section of the roof to be blown in perhaps. I dunno, but I've lost track of the number of times my Grappa fun ends at that 3rd sector.

Yep, what's weird is I must of lucked out on my first handful of 64 man grappas because I didn't notice it. But my last few have been just that, once they lock in its over because they get like 20 guys in there, endless nades and fire power basically with supports in there. It just isn't fun. I don't mind a challenge but that is just pure death.. I think blowing up those turrets should open a hole.

bosseye

Yep, what's weird is I must of lucked out on my first handful of 64 man grappas because I didn't notice it. But my last few have been just that, once they lock in its over because they get like 20 guys in there, endless nades and fire power basically with supports in there. It just isn't fun. I don't mind a challenge but that is just pure death.. I think blowing up those turrets should open a hole.

Yeah, same. Didn't see any issues on my first few days, but everyone seems to have the trick of it now. It's like a gas and incendiary grenade festival.

Tricky access is compounded by the fact both entrances are constricted by tight terrain around. Blowing a small hole in the roof when you blow the turret is a good idea though

Yeah, I'm just going to start doing that. It's so easy to rack up kills with an Attack Plane so I want to keep it up for as long as possible.

Ziocyte

This is my first battlefield game since 1942. A couple quick observations on why I suck:

- I always have the wrong weapon for the occasion. If I go scout / medic I find myself defending a flag vs. rushing machine gunners. If I roll assault, sure enough it's going to be a snipe-fest.

- My aim needs work.. that is a given. I haven't played an FPS on console in years.

- I feel like there is almost never a defined front line in this game. Is this intended? It's so hard to create a personal cover. I'm always getting shot in the back even when I'm grouped with a significant number of teammates moving one direction.

Any quick tips for a noob? I enjoy medic the most so far but it's really hard for me to finish people off with rifles. I can usually land 3 shots, but that is never enough to finish anyone off. I like the 2 shot scout rifles, but this game seems so run and gun sometimes, I ended up in short range fights with a bad weapon for the job or against actual snipers who outrange me.

This is my first battlefield game since 1942. A couple quick observations on why I suck:

- I always have the wrong weapon for the occasion. If I go scout / medic I find myself defending a flag vs. rushing machine gunners. If I roll assault, sure enough it's going to be a snipe-fest.

Always.

- My aim needs work.. that is a given. I haven't played an FPS on console in years.

Practice makes perfect!

- I feel like there is almost never a defined front line in this game. Is this intended? It's so hard to create a personal cover. I'm always getting shot in the back even when I'm grouped with a significant number of teammates moving one direction.

Operations makes this more of a thing since there are push mechanics.. This keeps respawns apart and USUALLY there is a thin line. Obviously there are exceptions and lines get overrun.. but this is as close as it gets.

Any quick tips for a noob? I enjoy medic the most so far but it's really hard for me to finish people off with rifles. I can usually land 3 shots, but that is never enough to finish anyone off. I like the 2 shot scout rifles, but this game seems so run and gun sometimes, I ended up in short range fights with a bad weapon for the job or against actual snipers who outrange me.

Medic/Support are good for learning the game and getting points to level up passively (ammo/meds). Assault is good for anti-vehicle. Just practice practice practice. It gets easier!

The Dude

That is a shame, I don't really use it but I don't really find it a major issue. I been on that end of using a weapon that gets a nerf and its never fun

Dinokill

I bought this game on Black Friday and loving this game so far!

One question though. Are all the explosions and stuff on the map caused solely by players or there are scripted events that makes you feel that war "feeling"?

Xyber

That is a shame, I don't really use it but I don't really find it a major issue. I been on that end of using a weapon that gets a nerf and its never fun

It is without a doubt the best shotgun though, unless they go overboard with the nerf it should just bring it back a bit more in line with the other shotguns.

No weapon should be so good that it's the go-to weapons for pretty much anyone who wants to use shotguns. The only people who don't use it are the ones who haven't unlocked it yet :p. I don't think I have died to any other shotgun in weeks.

A simple tweak could be a bit more damage drop-off at range, or larger pellet spread so you won't be hitting all pellets at longer ranges which leads to a lot of the one-hit-kills.

Top Bottom