• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

The BAR needs an extended mag version where the trade-off would just be a longer reload. It's such a good weapon, but if there are like two guys right in front of me, I can hardly ever kill them both.😭

You'll just hear the same shit about the next best weapon. Probably the Automatico.
Which unlike the 10A the Automatico is only really dominating within less than 10 meters. Hellriegel might be an issue but I will take getting killed by that any day over the magic 20m+ hipfire oneshot kill.

MP18 is solid at range and has beastly hipfire, but the RPM and damage is pretty low, its rather easy to outgun them close up and at range.

Whats the 2nd best gun after the hunter? And whats is best to use when playing medic?
The good ones are IMO:
Selbstlader: 3 hit kill at any range and massive mag, but thanks to the slow aim reset after firing ...

Mondragon: ... the Mondragon has the same damage and fires faster and is more stable. Also the Sniper version with Bipod is extremely strong as you can easily murder anything at mid to long range that isn't a competent Sniper with fast firing lasers by simply going prone. "Only" 10 shots but reload is fast and the ammo count is good enough, prefer being able to better kill enemies over having a mag size which I rarely need.

Sweeper and Autoloading 8 .25 Extended : Both strong close range options with good hipfire and ammo count. Sweeper is easier to use because full auto and has slightly more ammo, but the Extended is overall better (including at range) if you can deal with it being semi-auto, particularly thanks to the higher accuracy and fire rate.

Cel-Rigotti: The strongest gun at very close range in full auto if you only need to take out one, max. two enemies down and have no risk of seeing an enemy for at least 10 seconds afterwards. Basically the FAMAS of medic weapons. But medium range performance is mediocre at best (still better than Sweeper and 8.25) and the ammo count coupled with the reload is an utter nightmare. Mondragon literally reloads twice as fast. So Sweeper and 8.25 with their fast reloads have better close range consistency and don't leave you with your pants down for a good 7 seconds thanks to their fast reload.

Try the different guns out, it is a preference thing. Don't just run after what some people tell you is "the best gun".

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You misspelled Suez

I don't like Suez, but I'll take it ten times over Fao. Fao like...almost perfectly embodies everything I don't want from a supposed large, open conquest map. I can't fucking stand it.

Recall

Whats the 2nd best gun after the hunter? And whats is best to use when playing medic?

I'm not sure how to word this without sounding rude but there are not any bad guns in the medic class. It's down to your play style and preferences.

I currently run, and wreck others with the Madsen LG as a Support class. It's regarded as a bad gun yet my service stars show otherwise.

Instead of using a gun because you have been told it's good, instead find one that you like and stick it out. Learn it's weakenesses and adapt or use the knowledge from using it what to look for in a different weapon.

Model 10 hunter is a powerful weapon to use in Assault but I don't use it as I'm not a fan of not being able to spray and pray in moment of need as at is a shotgun and doesn't suit my playstyle.

Find a class, stick with it, play about with the weapons in that class until you find one you like. Then dominate.

abracadaver

Got the game 2 days ago. After 3 hours I'm a bit underwhelmed by the destruction.
I thought this game has the best/most destruction of any Battlefield game. In some maps like the one in the woods or the one on the mountain there is almost no destruction at all.

The Dude

Got the game 2 days ago. After 3 hours I'm a bit underwhelmed by the destruction.
I thought this game has the best/most destruction of any Battlefield game. In some maps like the one in the woods or the one on the mountain there is almost no destruction at all.

Bro you're missing the whole point of the game if that's all youre concerned about. There are tons of maps where buildings are blown up, holes in the ground etc...

This game is amazing, man I think it is truly impossible please everyone.

Theorry

You always get these kind of message from the worst people. He was going 0-11 and shooting my tank with is LMG..

untitledyusb3.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Every time the chat is full of people moaning about a tank I can guarantee they're not playing assault, refuse to switch class, and are on a team full of people doing similar.

A halfway decent handful of assault can put easy, effective pressure on tanks. People are just fucking stupid and lazy and even now I'll get the odd match here and there of anti-tank incompetence. It's usually scouts having a sook.

Probably one of the best games out of all platforms to be honest. Very good.

I don't think I'll be replicating anything close to it any time soon, the conditions are rarely there to enable it. They put up a great fight for each flag on Sinai Operations, almost every capture was at the very end of our ticket count, and then we failed 3 times at the last base, each time obviously re-filling our tickets. It went on for ages and I had a tank almost the entire time lol.

Really wish I would've streamed it.

terrible

Banned
Which unlike the 10A the Automatico is only really dominating within less than 10 meters. Hellriegel might be an issue but I will take getting killed by that any day over the magic 20m+ hipfire oneshot kill.

MP18 is solid at range and has beastly hipfire, but the RPM and damage is pretty low, its rather easy to outgun them close up and at range.

And at least with the Automatico you can't wipe out an entire squad without having to reload.

I honestly don't think you can balance a shotgun in a FPS that has weapons with TTKs like in BF1. One hit kill guns completely break balance in general unless they are only effective in very limited situations. You can either make them more or less useless like shotguns in most other games or have them OP like the Model 10 in this game.

New002

Every time the chat is full of people moaning about a tank I can guarantee they're not playing assault, refuse to switch class, and are on a team full of people doing similar.

A halfway decent handful of assault can put easy, effective pressure on tanks. People are just fucking stupid and lazy and even now I'll get the odd match here and there of anti-tank incompetence. It's usually scouts having a sook.

My favorite time yesterday was playing operations and our team was getting rocked, but thankfully we had a scout as a consistent spawn point. The only peoplem was they were DAYS AWAY from any meaningful encounter -_-

Had to keep spawning on this guy and sprinting forever just to get back in the action. So much wasted time. They would not move at all. Just spawn, run waaaay far away, and stay there until an enemy found them and killed them.

Just got this with my xbox one s and the load times are HORRIBLE. Is there anything I can do to make it better? I'm honestly shocked more people aren't complaining about it.

Maybe they are and I'm just lttp?

Theorry

Just got this with my xbox one s and the load times are HORRIBLE. Is there anything I can do to make it better? I'm honestly shocked more people aren't complaining about it.

Maybe they are and I'm just lttp?

Yeah its horrible on both consoles. I am still one of the first most of the times to load in because is have a external HDD but still its crazy long. I am still abit salty about reviews not saying anything about it and then a game as Recore gets slammed for long load times when BF load times are way longer.

Annoyed the living crap out of him with one simple smiley of a random dog lol
He got even more mad haha.

edit: Crap. I should have said. " i cant hear you from the top of the scoreboard" now i think of it haha.

:lol thats what I say to my friends :p in a joking humor of course :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well that's a first. Tank on Amens Operations/Breakthrough last set B and in our spawn. Goes 74-9.

Tanks need a SERIOUS nerf or I need to be able to fire the fucking shitty-ass rocket gun while crouching and NOT ONLY FUCKING PRONE. *salt*

We won in the end by me and like 5 others dive-bombing our KDR to take the cheesy-tankwhore out and then fast-capping B while some of us went to A

Syncytia

I nearly always play assault nowadays. Sometimes I still do medic. But it is infuriating trying to take on tanks alone. I'll do some stupid crap to try and get to tanks and get damage on them while the rest of my team is in the back sniping or other useless crap. At least I've got a friend who I can now convince to switch to assault when needed.

Well that's a first. Tank on Amens Operations/Breakthrough last set B and in our spawn. Goes 74-9.

Tanks need a SERIOUS nerf or I need to be able to fire the fucking shitty-ass rocket gun while crouching and NOT ONLY FUCKING PRONE. *salt*

We won in the end by me and like 5 others dive-bombing our KDR to take the cheesy-tankwhore out and then fast-capping B while some of us went to A

I would love to not have to be prone to fire the rocket. The number of times where I'm trying to shoot it and it just goes in and out of aiming down the sights... ugh.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I would love to not have to be prone to fire the rocket. The number of times where I'm trying to shoot it and it just goes in and out of aiming down the sights... ugh.

Too true. Often times I'll fling myself to the ground and try to bring up the sights, only to realize my character is shuffling around on his stomach like he has a terrible itch, preventing me from firing the damned thing at all.

The Mondragon is arguably the best all-rounder. Range and accuracy are unbelievable. Can you see it? You can hit it, then.

Not ideal in close-range trench situations, of course, but if you had to spawn in any map/game type with a weapon, the Mondragon would be it.

The Mondragon is arguably the best all-rounder. Range and accuracy are unbelievable. Can you see it? You can hit it, then.

Not ideal in close-range trench situations, of course, but if you had to spawn in any map/game type with a weapon, the Mondragon would be it.
I cannot stand the clip size though. Especially after using the Sleblaster for so long.

Lender

The rocket gun will become even more of a noobtube device when you don't longer have to lay prone or use the bipod to use it. It's good as it is.

Xyber

A tank only has so much ammunition and the refill time is fairly long. As long as a few people focus on a tank you can take it down fairly easily. A good thing is to have a support use mortar if it's a smart tank driver who plays it safe and backs away whenever he gets damaged.

A tank who constantly retreats to repair is a tank not helping the team to win. Forcing him away even further with a mortar either helps keep him away for longer or will disable him making it easier to get the final AT rocket off.

You and 5 others decided enough was enough and focused on him together and look at that, the tank died! Never would have thought some teamwork to get rid of an powerful enemy would work, the more you know! ;)

I heard some tank nerfs will be in the upcoming patch, I wouldn't be surprised if the recharge time on self repair on heavy tank gets increased a bit. Thanks to that I have absolutely no problems rolling in a heavy tank alone and still wreck everything (because people are to obsessed with sniping instead of killing tanks).

Syncytia

The rocket gun will become even more of a noobtube device when you don't longer have to lay prone or use the bipod to use it. It's good as it is.

If they fix aiming down the sights while prone that would be fine but I suspect that is harder to fix than allowing crouch fire. Shoot, make it take longer to aim when crouched I don't care, just let me have a known, consistent way of firing the rocket.

If they fix aiming down the sights while prone that would be fine but I suspect that is harder to fix than allowing crouch fire. Shoot, make it take longer to aim when crouched I don't care, just let me have a known, consistent way of firing the rocket.
Watcha mean by "fix aiming down the sights while probe"?

Podge293

Randomly when I start up a game of operations I'm met with a black screen. Names and capture points show up. The map is visible.

Everything else is black tho.

Anyone else experience this?

Jeej hit level 90. But the funny thing is. I need to same ammount of points from 0 to 90 then for 90 to 100. lol.
So i am only halfway atm.

So there really is a steep xp curve, I pretty much had that feeling. I've slowed down a lot, it seems like I've been in the mid 70s for weeks. So far I've only seen two 100s.

Heroman

Banned
No it not, the easy thing in the world as a tank driver is shooting prone assault dude. Atleast bf4 dude could weave in and out of cover shooting rockets.

So there really is a steep xp curve, I pretty much had that feeling. I've slowed down a lot, it seems like I've been in the mid 70s for weeks. So far I've only seen two 100s.
Operations will help alleviate that. I was in the 70's for only 5 days, and that's with school taking up my time. Rank 80-90 will take a week and 90-100 well, that's literally weeks.

Rippa

I've been so busy playing CoD4 remastered that I lent this game to a friend and he's gonna give it back before the patch. Can anyone tell me if the servers for hardcore team death match are up?

Can't wait to jump back in.

Operations will help alleviate that. I was in the 70's for only 5 days, and that's with school taking up my time. Rank 80-90 will take a week and 90-100 well, that's literally weeks.

I haven’t been playing that much lately. Too much work for the most part. I get maybe like two games of Conquest on workdays. My days off I obviously get more, but I’m also trying to play other games! I don’t touch Operations that much, I only did it for Battlefest (I never got the skin. Thanks DICE, lol.) 99% of my games are Conquest.

Play Amiens for ultimate destruction. I blow out the sides of buildings to expose camping scouts in the line of sight to the objective. Highly satisfied with the destruction.

I haven’t been playing that much lately. Too much work for the most part. I get maybe like two games of Conquest on workdays. My days off I obviously get more, but I’m also trying to play other games! I don’t touch Operations that much, I only did it for Battlefest (I never got the skin. Thanks DICE, lol.) 99% of my games are Conquest.
I used to love Conquest but the amount of XP you can earn in Operations should not be over looked. Let's say you finish a game of Conquest with 18-20k points. In Operations, if you win, it is a 2.5 multiplayer so you finish with 36-40K points. That's absolutely wonderful for leveling up. You should give it a try.

I used to love Conquest but the amount of XP you can earn in Operations should not be over looked. Let's say you finish a game of Conquest with 18-20k points. In Operations, if you win, it is a 2.5 multiplayer so you finish with 36-40K points. That's absolutely wonderful for leveling up. You should give it a try.

Edit: I refuse to be on the bottom of the page!

Edit: I refuse to be on the bottom of the page!

Operations is conquest on steroids. I think a full match can last what, 45-60 minutes? I think on average they are about 30. That's a lot of time to put the kibosh on Jerry.

Operations is conquest on steroids. I think a full match can last what, 45-60 minutes? I think on average they are about 30. That's a lot of time to put the kibosh on Jerry.
If it's a well contested match? Yes. If there was custom games for operations and make it so we can make the games even longer? I'd rack up so many points.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Operations scoring is broken because you only get the match bonus on the last map. And the scores reset after each map which makes no sense at all.

Top Bottom