• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

And for shotty users I hope they aren't to bad off, these devs just never tweak with the idea that Hey they can keep tweaking if the initial tweak isn't enough, they always just go over board. So hopefully shotguns are still solid for you guys

I am all for them nerfing the Model 10 having the ability to kill a full strength from mad range. All for it.

I just have no faith that they haven't now screwed it up in other ways. It did say only range has been reduced and they've buffed M97 Trench which has a higher rate of fire and they've improved accuracy on the 12g.....

I'm still confident I'll continue to get 40+ kills per map in operation with whatever shotty but the fact they reduced the recoil on MP18 - the antishotty - It means i'll get alot more pissed off I'd imagine.

I picked the model 10 hunter because it suits my style of attacking in operation - getting right in the face. That's why I normally get most deaths per game too even though I get most kills.

nerfed the hunter? meh, got it a few weeks ago but haven't played much since then. Oh well

honestly the two biggest reasons I stopped playing was because of how fucking stupid the medal system was and the long ass load times combined with me auto-quitting whenever suez or sinai came up

The Dude

I am all for them nerfing the Model 10 having the ability to kill a full strength from mad range. All for it.

I just have no faith that they haven't now screwed it up in other ways. It did say only range has been reduced and they've buffed M97 Trench which has a higher rate of fire and they've improved accuracy on the 12g.....

I'm still confident I'll continue to get 40+ kills per map in operation with whatever shotty but the fact they reduced the recoil on MP18 - the antishotty - It means i'll get alot more pissed off I'd imagine.

I picked the model 10 hunter because it suits my style of attacking in operation - getting right in the face. That's why I normally get most deaths per game too even though I get most kills.

Yea we will see. I hope the recoil on the hellriegel didn't ruin it also, so I'm in same boat with ya.

I'm just annoyed with the plane nerf on tailguns, just seemed like a pointless nerf that nobody was to worried about. I mean when flying you need some defense for when someone is on your ass. Many times tho people have killed me, if they get a bead on me that's solid I typically can't recover that quick

Yea we will see. I hope the recoil on the hellriegel didn't ruin it also, so I'm in same boat with ya.

I'm just annoyed with the plane nerf on tailguns, just seemed like a pointless nerf that nobody was to worried about. I mean when flying you need some defense for when someone is on your ass. Many times tho people have killed me, if they get a bead on me that's solid I typically can't recover that quick

I'll never understand DICE and their nerfing.

At the moment if I run into a group of three attackers and they all have their back to me - the shotty can take out all three in one hit each. From right close - that's absolutely correct.

If it doesn't continue to do that - I'll quit. Simple as that.

If I take more hits to get a longe range kill - fine - but fuck with the short range killing capability and i'm done.

Still annoyed by no Selb 1906 buff. It's a level 10 weapon that isn't used at all. At least the Huot got a buff due to all the lmg changes. So that'll just leave the Selb 1906 as the only level 10 weapon that is never used. I've never been killed by this weapon.

The Dude

At the moment if I run into a group of three attackers and they all have their back to me - the shotty can take out all three in one hit each. From right close - that's absolutely correct.

If I take more hits to get a longe range kill - fine - but fuck with the short range killing capability and i'm done.

I think you'll be ok on one shot close range kills, which if they don't then that's the silliest shit ever. I just hope they didn't make it so that you have to like ride piggy back on someone to get that one hit kill.

The salt is delicious. Seriously though come on man, stop being ridiculous and ...just use other weapons? Working for kills can be fun too you know? The hunter's had it's day, and it's passed.

The Dude

The salt is delicious. Seriously though come on man, stop being ridiculous and ...just use other weapons? Working for kills can be fun too you know? The hunter had it's day, and it has passed.

Everyone is entitled to their weapon of choice, but that pendulum swings both ways man... I use a hellriegel and I'm at 12000 some overall kills, and I handled hunter users just fine.... I could say people need to simply get better, know what I'm saying? I used it occasionally and while it's a good gun, it doesn't mean you can just run into enemy territory all of the sudden unscathed.

I'm just saying, nobody enjoys a nerf of a weapon they like. But I think people need to learn how to combat a but more rather wish for a nerf, but that's just me

The salt is delicious. Seriously though come on man, stop being ridiculous and ...just use other weapons? Working for kills can be fun too you know? The hunter's had it's day, and it's passed.

I will continue to use the model 10. If it's short range power remains unchanged then i'll largely not notice much of a difference. If not I'll try the other shotties. If they all suck balls - I'm done.

Just because I use the model 10 doesn't mean I don't work for kills. You have to have the right playstyle or you simply won't end top end of the kills. I run right into the heat of the battle. That's why I get most deaths too.

Cheers for the pointless snark though

�� �� ��

I just said I don't want them to ruin the gun for it's intended use, i'm fine with the stupid range nerf. If they stopped your favourite gun being effective you'd feel a bit agrieved.

JDB

Banned
Fuck me I hope it does negative damage or something. Never seen someone so desperately attached to a gun in a game.

meppi

We’ve added a “Head Glitching” style fix to vehicles that prevents players from shooting over objects that block the weapon’s line of sight. This is most noticeable in 3P, and is intended to fix players being able to fire their tank at targets while remaining entirely behind cover. It is our intent to provide a balanced 1P and 3P vehicle experience, and this fix goes a long way towards ensuring 3P does not become the dominant play style.

It's about damn time!
You won't believe how many time I've been sniped by a tank from not even 5 meters away that was underneath me as I dive on my belly behind some rocks on a plateau where he should have no way of hitting me at all.

Flare projectile now breaks glass

Wow, I might actually start lighting myself on fire less now.

And LMGs getting a buff? SMH

Lulu23

Fuck me I hope it does negative damage or something. Never seen someone so desperately attached to a gun in a game.

He has a point though. In every game people whine about shotguns because they don't understand that their entire point is to be better at short range than most other weapons.

Also, DICE seems to like balancing based on usage, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering I (and probs lots of other players) sometimes choose what gun to go with based on stuff like which gun looks the coolest.

The Dude

And I've never seen someone become this spiteful over someone else's enjoyment or frustration in a video game, it's totally unnecessary

He has a point though. In every game people whine about shotguns because they don't understand that it's supposed to be better at short range than any other guns.

Also, DICE seems to like balancing based on usage, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering I (and probs lots of other players) sometimes choose what gun to do with based on which looks the coolest.

Mine was because it was the first one I unlocked after the M97 Trench iirc and I liked the sound of it haha.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
To prevent this, we reduced the range for the buckshot variants of the M97 Trench Gun, Model 10-A and Sawed Off Shotgun, reducing the maximum one-hit kill distance.
• Moved up damage drop-off from M97 Trench Gun Hunter, Model 10-A Factory and Hunter by 1
• Fix for dispersion of Model 10-A Hunter decreasing too quickly
• Fix for dispersion of Model 10-A Factory decreasing too slowly

All of this seems completely reasonable and specifically address the main issue people have with the Hunter that being its ridiculously effective range capabilities and not the close range damage???

All of this seems completely reasonable and specifically address the main issue people have with the Hunter that being its ridiculously effective range capabilities and not the close range damage???

I know, and i'm all for that change.

All I said was I hope it doesn't negatively affect it's capability to kill from short range. That's my only concern....

I know they haven't said it will but.... DICE

Theorry

Gas grenades are not OP if you use your gas mask efficiently.

Never said they are OP. But they are annoying. They go through walls, people have two of them and you can spam them if you are on a ammo crate. And its not really helping the gameplay. Like mini nades did in the beginning of BF4.

In this update we’ve adjusted the damage amount in Hardcore from 200% to 125% damage. While on paper this looks like a huge change, 125% damage will still create far more lethal up close damage, for all kits, but will prevent bolt action rifles from being one hit kill at all ranges vs all body types.

I play Hardcore quite often and this is great and what I've been looking for. Currently, I'd say that 80% of my deaths are to snipers/bolt action rifles but then why would you use anything else when its a 100% nailed on kill if you can just hit any part of the body from any range?

Never said they are OP. But they are annoying. They go through walls, people have two of them and you can spam them if you are on a ammo crate. And its not really helping the gameplay. Like mini nades did in the beginning of BF4.

if they fixed the clipping through walls I'd be happy.

I like how they force people with precision based weapons to back off or pull out a pistol.

The Dude

Lol something else I wish they could patch although this is more funny than anything. The other day I was flying around and people occasionally spawn in my gunner seat which is fun when they do, but I at one point wanted to look back as I thought I was being tailed.... And all of the sudden I realize I CANT switch back to my driver seat lol someone spawned into my plane thinking they're gonna gun and they actually took over the whole plane. I was pretty annoyed Lmao

Redders

"Short cooldown between syringe uses" Why don't they say the exact amount of time like they do for reloads etc?

Have to try this out tonight, if a few of the UkPs4Gaf can get killed next to each other that would be helpful haha.

Theorry

"Short cooldown between syringe uses" Why don't they say the exact amount of time like they do for reloads etc?

Have to try this out tonight, if a few of the UkPs4Gaf can get killed next to each other that would be helpful haha.

Its 3 times quick revive. Then on a cooldown. But if you are near a ammo crate you can spam it like it was.

It ain't live until tomorrow night mate, I should be on tonight and tomorrow and you know full well I'll provide alot of revives for you haha.

We can test it? I'll record the difference in Model 10 too.

So is the new map is just every game mode but operations?

raw

Apparently so. Which means it'll never get played by me haha

Redders

Quoted you both with a post at work but Gaf seems to have stopped working just as I posted it. Too much effort on mobile.

Just would like to know the cool down so you know whether it's worth going for that 4th revive. Can be a common occurrence defending on operations when the behemoth is up.

I'm sure we will hear about it Disagree Guy haha. I'll be ready for those revives.

Quoted you both with a post at work but Gaf seems to have stopped working just as I posted it. Too much effort on mobile.

Just would like to know the cool down so you know whether it's worth going for that 4th revive. Can be a common occurrence defending on operations when the behemoth is up.

I'm sure we will hear about it Disagree Guy haha. I'll be ready for those revives.

Yeah I wouldn't worry mate. Everyone in the world is going to hear about my views on the Model 10 haha. I'm actually a little bit excited to try the other shotties too because although they aren't terrible, they just don't compete with the hunter.

If they have actually buffed the M97 it's fire rate will make it more effective than the model 10 anyway at close range.

I should be on tonight anyway.

sp3ctr3

I've been out for a while but noticed yesterday that Hardcore mode is in now? Is it true that there's no hardcore mode for Operations?

And from what I played it doesn't seem like the damage is increased only that they took away the map etc.

Theorry

BAR is gonna be even more beast.

• Huot, Lewis, M1909 and BAR minimum damage increased from 21 to 23
• LMG damage drop-off happens at farther distances
• Changed LMG base ADS dispersion increase per shot from -0.12 to -0.085 so they are slightly more accurate on the first shots

Donos

Yeah, i'm just going to adjust and won't take mid range shots (for a shotty) anymore and instead only try it close. So far if i see someome mid distance with Model A H, i say "let's try" and he probably dies. People used/use shotties in BF4/BF3 all the time in smaller maps and they are still effective close range. They just don't have the reach the Model A has.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
bf12016-12-1222-59-41xls0h.png

i just like the character models is all

WillyFive

Giant's Shadow gameplay and patch notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUnV2jiTjXc

Full patch notes.

http://pastebin.com/MRYABYZA

Glad they nerfed AA more, and still kept aim assist despite the moaning and complaining from PC players who detest the idea of someone playing the game with a controller.

I wonder what the nerf to the plane rear gunner is going to be like though. As long as the front gun gets buffed heavily, I hope it doesn't make surviving plane combat less fun.

Dalibor68

Banned
Just finished the campaign. I think this was the worst military FPS campaign I've ever played or at the very least the worst Battlefield campaign I've ever played, which also says a lot.

They try to go for this "Yo war is terrible and all" approach but completely undermine it every second. In the first chapter you literally kill 49578348953 germans with your tank that just run at you mindlessly, then your tank gets stuck and they try to have this emotional moment with you flying the messenger pigeon back when in reality this was just extremely cringeworthy. Like yea I just slaughtered thousands like nothing, but look at this white pigeon and the dramatic music! So much emotion! What a joke.

The same goes for all the other campaigns as well. In the aviation campaign for some reason they restrict your controls and remove cockpit view. The whole italian campaign (which is basically just 20min) you are literally Rambo and mow down hundreds of austrians like it's nothing but at the end somehow it's supposed to be super-sad because your friend was killed offscreen. Who designed this crap, seriously?

And the last campaign, while it had narrative and gameplay potential, was also completely squandered by not telling more about the characters and the train-part which was also hilariously bad design-wise. It had the most potential yet ended up the most superficial campaign of all, characterization-wise. Also AI is pretty much nonexistant. You can snipe one by one and even if they see the bodies and enter "Yellow-Mode" they still just walk around slowly waiting to die.

And I don't know what this "final message from DICE" was supposed to be other than "Check out the MP!".

(all this ignoring that they only show the Entente's perspective, which I've complained about plenty before, so I'm not going to go into that again)

Top Bottom