• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Operations scoring is broken because you only get the match bonus on the last map. And the scores reset after each map which makes no sense at all.
I wonder about that. Since I do get battlepacks at the end of the first operation map, I wonder if you do get post match bonus as well. Just doesn't show up cause DICE gonna DICE.

WillyFive

Operations has completely replaced Conquest for me, with the exception of anytime I want to play Empire or Sinai (since they are rare in Operations). It has almost all of the freedom to do all the Battlefield moments you expect, except it's a lot more focused and controlled so that there's a higher chance of having a fun and exciting match.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
When you die and it tells you how many medics are nearby, is it counting all medics, or just medics with syringe?

I'd really like a concrete answer. It shouldn't be hard to test. Just play a game with a buddy, have him/her play medic without a syringe, stick together, and see if the nearby medic notification still shows up.

It really shouldn't, but if it does show up regardless of what they have equipped, it will at least restore a bit of faith in my teammates and forgive some of their apparent incompetence.

Nameless

It was 80/20 Conquest/Operations, but since they last update I play CQ pretty much exclusively. Still haven't even touched Rush, Dom, TDM, or the campaign in my 100+ hours.

It was 80/20 Conquest/Operations, but since they last update I play CQ pretty much exclusively. Still haven't even touched Rush, Dom, TDM, or the campaign in my 100+ hours.

Rush seems somewhat redundant now. It's just a worst version of Operations. I never been into dom or tdm when it comes to BF. I'll go play TF2 or something else when it comes to those types of modes.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Same, when I first started playing it was all Operations but the last week has been nothing but Conquest.

The Horse is so brilliant with a controller. I've heard people say they have issues with KB+M controls but I tear whole squads up with the Horse just constantly dodging and circling opponents.

Favorite map I think is Ballroom Blitz.

I'm not really a fan of Empires Edge. You have Objective E on the far side of the map with essentially Half the Map being water. Boats just aren't fun and I only use them if I want to Cap Opponents starting spawn by using a boat to get there.

Olengie

Well that's a first. Tank on Amens Operations/Breakthrough last set B and in our spawn. Goes 74-9.

Tanks need a SERIOUS nerf or I need to be able to fire the fucking shitty-ass rocket gun while crouching and NOT ONLY FUCKING PRONE. *salt*

We won in the end by me and like 5 others dive-bombing our KDR to take the cheesy-tankwhore out and then fast-capping B while some of us went to A

I prefer to use Anti Tank Grenades, the Light Tank Grenades, and then the Rocket Gun if I dont manage to die by someone. But oftentimes, youll feel like youre the only one actually giving a damn to attack the Tank

Light Tanks are easy to deal with. 1 v Heavy Tank, not really.

I thought this game has the best/most destruction of any Battlefield game. In some maps like the one in the woods or the one on the mountain there is almost no destruction at all.

Those are pretty much the two exceptions to the norm. Literally every other map has loads of destruction.

Capsov

Randomly when I start up a game of operations I'm met with a black screen. Names and capture points show up. The map is visible.

Everything else is black tho.

Anyone else experience this?

Known bug Ive heard happening on xbox, not sure about other platforms.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You and 5 others decided enough was enough and focused on him together and look at that, the tank died! Never would have thought some teamwork to get rid of an powerful enemy would work, the more you know! ;)

WHOOSH. Tanks shouldn't be going 100+ in killstreaks but they are, because the anti-tank options are shit. You can sit here and go "b-b-b-but five of you took it down!" Yeah five of us, with it self-repairing when 1-3 of us attempted to hassle it and it just sit there in our spawn holding the alley and our spawn at bay.

Shit is fucking dumb. Just like the shotguns killing at some crazy ass ranges.

Randomly when I start up a game of operations I'm met with a black screen. Names and capture points show up. The map is visible.

Everything else is black tho.

Anyone else experience this?

Happened to me several weeks ago. I think 5-6 times in a row launching the game over the course of two nights. I took a break from the game for a few days, came back, and it was good to go. Hope yours clears up soon!

Rizific

Lv 52 and completed my first legendary melee weapon. Built the bludgeon, got only one piece of the sword though. How late/early is that compared to others?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
WHOOSH. Tanks shouldn't be going 100+ in killstreaks but they are, because the anti-tank options are shit. You can sit here and go "b-b-b-but five of you took it down!" Yeah five of us, with it self-repairing when 1-3 of us attempted to hassle it and it just sit there in our spawn holding the alley and our spawn at bay.

All it takes is one land mine.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Are medals still fucked up for anybody else?

I've put in probably over 40 hours in this game and I have no idea how medals, Battlepacks, scrapping weapons etc. works.

I'm not sure if it's explained in single player, which I haven't touched, but I'm just raking up kills and buying weapons with whatever currency is in the game.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Is it worth a purchase for someone with limited gaming time (and skill), for the single player only?

WWI and II are my favourite game settings

SURGEdude

Keep trying to get into the campaign but I'm just not engaged. It's weird too because it seems like the kind of thing I'd love, it looks great, has lots of variety, and isn't modern/future shit.

Usually I'm able to put my finger on why I'm not liking a game but this one I just draw a blank.

WillyFive

The campaign has a great premise, but the gameplay is really bland and repetitive (as well as questionable with its stealth segments and Rambo scenarios), and the writing is not anywhere near good enough to bring justice to the characters and plot lines they set up.

The campaign is alright if you haven't touch the multiplayer yet. If you played a lot of the multiplayer and then go try the campaign it's pretty bad.

SURGEdude

The campaign is alright if you haven't touch the multiplayer yet. If you played a lot of the multiplayer and then go try the campaign it's pretty bad.

The campaign has a great premise, but the gameplay is really bland and repetitive (as well as questionable with its stealth segments and Rambo scenarios), and the writing is not anywhere near good enough to bring justice to the characters and plot lines they set up.

Thanks for the responses. I think you like of nailed it with bland gameplay. The variety is amazing but it's only skin deep.

Have yet to try the multiplayer, and we all know that's where BF games shine brightest.

Thanks for the responses. I think you like of nailed it with bland gameplay. The variety is amazing but it's only skin deep.

Have yet to try the multiplayer, and we all know that's where BF games shine brightest.

I thought I was going to love the campaign, but after playing Operations I have no desire to go back. The game in multiplayer feels like an epic single player level.

Is it worth a purchase for someone with limited gaming time (and skill), for the single player only?

WWI and II are my favourite game settings

Maybe on sale. I enjoyed the campaign for what it was. Some of it is really touching and some of it is so brain-dead dumb that I rolled my eyes. There's a lot of focus on stealth which I think is kind of lame aside from one set of missions where it makes thematic sense.

Keep in mind that the missions are really based on ancillary conflicts and there isn't really anything in the game that even approaches trying to simulate actual trench warfare.

This matchmaking is starting to get really annoying. Not so much the teams, but it’s like there is no JiP. One side will start winning and people naturally quit, however the servers isn’t filling back up. My last game of 64 conquest ended with 20v3 and the game before that it was like 12v10. It’s like once the server hits a certain player limit the JiP just stops.

Xyber

Of course it's hard to take down a tank if it has a good driver. They are playing carefully (like you should because a tank is easy to take down if pushed up too far) which means the people who are trying to destroy it need to play a little smarter. 95% of the time I can usually solo kill any tank, but every now and then you run into someone who knows what they are doing and you need some help to take it out.

Dommo

3 revives before there's a short cooldown on the syringe? What's the meaning of this!? I thought the risk and reward of running onto the spot where your teammate was just killed was hard enough without having to add a cooldown too. Sounds like that's just gonna piss dead teammates off who'll be yelling "revive me goddamnit!" and you won't be able to do shit. Probably make the trust relations between medics and dead teammates worse than it already is :/. ie. "I just skip revive because medics never revive me anyway."

Shotguns
Shotgun balance has been addressed in this update, with the primary goal of evening out the advantages and disadvantages of each type of shotgun. We noticed that some shotguns were unintentionally strong at certain distances, most obvious with the Model 10-A Hunter and Factory, which could kill a full health target at long range (for a shotgun). Players were naturally preferring these shotguns over others. To prevent this, we reduced the range for the buckshot variants of the M97 Trench Gun, Model 10-A and Sawed Off Shotgun, reducing the maximum one-hit kill distance. To make the M97 Trench gun more attractive we added an extra pellet to all variants and slightly improved the damage drop-off for the Sweeper variant. The Backbored shotgun variants had their range improved, as previously you took too big of a hit for the improved recoil. We increased the accuracy of the 12g Automatic to allow users to make use of its high rate of fire more effectively. Tweaked crosshairs will make it easier to land your damage consistently for all shotguns.

I'm all for nerfing the ridiculously long range kills which happen once or twice a night on average.

However, If they nerf it so that even mid-range it's now useless and even close up doesn't get a OHKO I'll be pissed off.
The changes to the other shotties sound like they'll still be shit anyway - M97 Trench Sweeper confirmed as next best.

Meanwhile the MP18 has it's recoil reduced.....

I'll wait to see for myself what a difference it makes but as I say, if shotties stop being a OHKO from close range because of their changes then i'm done.

• Re-worked how the behemoth enters the map in Operations game mode. The Behemoth will no longer appear if a team is in a significant lead. This affects both attackers and defenders in Operations
• Defenders will no longer get a behemoth on a new level if attackers are on their last battalion
• Reduced attacker behemoths to prevent them from getting one on each retry on second and third maps

Well that's a good change anyway

The Dude

Everything looks good to me, my only beef is reducing tailgunner damage... It might discourage people wanting o fly in the rear seat if the damage just sucks.

It's annoying because when you don't have a tailgunner, switching to the gun and taking an enemy down while sometimes easy isn't always easy with competent pilots who chip away at you rather than try to fly up on you. Plus you can start nose diving quite easily if you take to much time.

But the nerf to me right now is stupid because it basically sounds like if someone gets on your tail you're pretty much dead, that's how it sounds to me so far. They say it's still viable but I'll be curious to see how much so. But i just think it'd discourages having a wingman if they made those guns to weak or where it'll require a million shots to really bring down an attack or fighter.

But everything else sounds good in the patch, I'm just not a fan of that reduction

The Dude

And for shotty users I hope they aren't to bad off, these devs just never tweak with the idea that Hey they can keep tweaking if the initial tweak isn't enough, they always just go over board. So hopefully shotguns are still solid for you guys

" Fixed an issue where the player was not being awarded score for capturing a conquest point after exiting and reentering the capture area"

YESSSSSSSSSS.

Too many times I've caught 95% of a base then moved out of the capture area for half a second, then back in and get no points.

The Dude

" Fixed an issue where the player was not being awarded score for capturing a conquest point after exiting and reentering the capture area"

YESSSSSSSSSS.

Too many times I've caught 95% of a base then moved out of the capture area for half a second, then back in and get no points.

Yea same, good fix on that

Donos

The Model 10 A Hunter party seems over :). Close to the 7th service star in a short amount of time. But also was often enough on the receiving end, so it'S all good.

Hellriegel only gets a bit of more recoil, let's see if that changes anything.

Hm, can't find anything on the fixed exit button after a game.

Top Bottom