• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Because it was manageable before and now it's super manageable.

outrageous_bollywood_film_stunts_24-compressor.gif

Seriously calling this as DICE's next patch.

I mean they base their current patches on nothing at all so....

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
• Monte Grappa, Suez, Ballroom Blitz & Argonne Forest - Made tweaks to certain areas of the map where attackers had a very difficult time capturing specific sectors
Wonder what are the tweaks :0

Huge patch.
Gonna try the spectator mode + Sharefactory :3

Ravek

Banned
outrageous_bollywood_film_stunts_24-compressor.gif

Seriously calling this as DICE's next patch.

I mean they base their current patches on nothing at all so....

DICE needs to lay off on balancing patches until Premium DLC1 comes out. They need to be doing bug fixes, UI improvements, and redoing the medal system and that's all.

Is there anything in the patch notes implying they're actually listening to the community besides the Model 10 being nerfed?

DICE needs to lay off on balancing patches until Premium DLC1 comes out. They need to be doing bug fixes, UI improvements, and redoing the medal system and that's all.

Is there anything in the patch notes implying they're actually listening to the community besides the Model 10 being nerfed?

I highly doubt it since they keep on making attacking easier in operations.....

It's already a joke in how attacking = automatic win but now with these extras? haha

Lazy Lemmy

Neo Member
They haven't been officially announced by DICE yet so if you want guarantees you best off waiting for tomorrow when it drops

Last ditch hope that Model 10 doesn't get nerfed

Thanks bud.

I have so many games to play, with every intention of doing so....but it's ALWAYS the BF disk that goes into my Pro.

To help, before selling my OG I have taken it to work to play through some games at lunch time....

Thanks bud.

I have so many games to play, with every intention of doing so....but it's ALWAYS the BF disk that goes into my Pro.

To help, before selling my OG I have taken it to work to play through some games at lunch time....

I know exactly what you mean. My backlog keeps growing, I keep buying new games.....

BF1 keeps getting played. Even if they nerf the model 10 like mad I'll still keep playing haha. It's so addictive with a group.

A big lol at the salt from the 10A nerfs and minor buffs to other weapons like the MP18, don't see the problem with those. Automatico will still be the better choice at very close range and Hellriegel has a bigger mag and more overall versatility, so I am fine with the Assault having a solid mid range and "I punish you with my hipfire lazers if you fail to use Shotguns properly for OHK or are using spray and pray at higher RPM as a crutch". Assault needs something for midrange as they are needed as the primary AT class even on larger, more open maps. I will take that over 20m+ Shotgun oneshot hipfire kills every day of he week. Shotgun balance now seems fine, if the Full-Autos are now wortwhile. 10A should now be the 870m it should have been all along. Still wondering about Slugs though, no buff and in the current state underpowered.

And you guys are missing the biggest balance change IMO: The Landship is now finally worth it
It now has as much armour/HP as a heavy tank, an actually cannon for the driver with the squad support version ( so you are not at the complete mercy of your sidegunners against either infanty or tanks if you use Mortar and Tank Hunter versions respectively) that is great against infantry and light vehicles. You finally have people spawning on you instead of a constantly empty tank that was worthless for relying on being fully crewed and utterly at the mercy of teammates willing to run up to and climb into it.

And the open ground flag defend Mortar tank now has 4 passenger seats and increased range.

Also Standard Issue rifle mode, the thing we have been hoping all along, even with all the classes being able to equip them and still being able to give players SMGs and LMGs so it is really historically accurate. Now we only have to find a server with it. Love that DICE is actually listening to the community (medal system aside, kek).

A big lol at the salt from the 10A nerfs and minor buffs to other weapons like the MP18, don't see the problem with those. Automatico will still be the better choice at very close range and Hellriegel has a bigger mag and more overall versatility, so I am fine with the Assault having a solid mid range and "I punish you with my hipfire lazers if you fail to use Shotguns properly for OHK or just spray and you are pray at higher RPM as a crutch". Assault needs something for midrange as they are needed as the primary AT class even on larger, more open maps. I will take that over 20m+ Shotgun oneshot hipfire kills every day of he week. Shotgun balance now seems fine, if the Full-Autos are now wortwhile.

giphy.gif

Please, you are a couple of pages too late to laugh about that.

We'll see how much of a difference it actually makes ;)

I am actually pretty stoked to try out the other shotties if the hunter is indeed fucked

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I tried the hunter for like half a round before i quit. such an inconsistent weapon. When people shot me with it from half way across the map, i would die in one hit. but i couldnt buy a 1HK with it. I dont think it's my aim either because i was a god with shotguns in Blops 3.

Anyway, i am glad about the nerf. the range was ridiculous. i dont mind losing to shotgunners in close quarters but people were sniping with that shit. lol

I skimmed through all the patch notes, but aside from the operations post match screen i dont see any of the fixes for issues i have encountered below. Now granted, most of these are cosmetic but I am surprised they havent been resolved.

- Post match level up screen doesn't show level progress correctly. the level up bar always starts at 90%
- First round of operations does not have a post match screen, you dont get to see how you did. XP earned during the first round doesnt get taken into account at the end of the last round so you dont get any win bonus for the first 1-2 maps.
- Quitting out of matches in the post match screen takes forever
- No way to leave the mortar screen. maybe this is just me? i swear ive pressed every single button on the conrtroller.
- no way to track multiple medals at once. surely this cant be by design?

I tried the hunter for like half a round before i quit. such an inconsistent weapon. When people shot me with it from half way across the map, i would die in one hit. but i couldnt buy a 1HK with it. I dont think it's my aim either because i was a god with shotguns in Blops 3.

Anyway, i am glad about the nerf. the range was ridiculous. i dont mind losing to shotgunners in close quarters but people were sniping with that shit. lol

I skimmed through all the patch notes, but aside from the operations post match screen i dont see any of the fixes for issues i have encountered below. Now granted, most of these are cosmetic but I am surprised they havent been resolved.

- Post match level up screen doesn't show level progress correctly. the level up bar always starts at 90%
- First round of operations does not have a post match screen, you dont get to see how you did. XP earned during the first round doesnt get taken into account at the end of the last round so you dont get any win bonus for the first 1-2 maps.
- Quitting out of matches in the post match screen takes forever
- No way to leave the mortar screen. maybe this is just me? i swear ive pressed every single button on the conrtroller.
- no way to track multiple medals at once. surely this cant be by design?

This 100%

You also gain battlepacks on the first map too! I once ended the game and checked my battlepacks and I had 2!

One for each map. It just didn't let me know.

If you use a shotgun you will be always a noob with no skill in some peoples eyes. Is with every game.
It's true though.

I'm not sure I like the nerf to the tail gunner seat. I'll admit that sometimes I killed pursuers quickly but they started shooting me from quite a bit back. I'll see how bad it is

It's true though.

It's not true. You can get n00bs or good players using any gun.

Patch looks great

Nerfed shotguns and made Operations playable again by reducing the Behemoth spam

Actually they only nerfed one shotgun, they buffed the others.

Secondly I agree with the behemoth changes but the changes to attacking certain locations means they've buffed attacking AGAIN

It's already ridiculously easy to win an attack haha

Theorry

It's true though.

I'm not sure I like the nerf to the tail gunner seat. I'll admit that sometimes I killed pursuers quickly but they started shooting me from quite a bit back. I'll see how bad it is

Think its a good nerf. The whole reason fighter planes used bombs to kill bombers Was that they otherwise you got rekt hard by the rear gunner.
They nerfed the bombs now against other planes and also nerfed the rear gunner. And buffed the LMG of the figher abit more. So you get now more normal dogfights.

It's true though.

I got murdered by Attack Plane tail gunners in the span of 3 seconds when I got even near them with my Fighters, despite having full health. I am not even making this up (did it quite a few times myself after spawning on planes).

The nerfs to tail gunners and bomber durability against Fighters are extremely needed, outside the Trench Fighter that was too strong for all the wrong reasons there was absolutely zero reason to ever use a Fighter plane (which in itself is absolutely paradoxical - air superiority is supposed to be their only job and role).

Yeah a solo attack plane was more effective that the fighters because of the tail gun. All you had to do was pitch up, swap seats and do more damage to the fighter than they could to you.

Donos

That was exactly my first impression (posted it in here too) but when you keep playing, you will get more and more of these mid range kills, while wrecking fool in close range. The inconsistency stays but it leans in favor OHK ppl more than not killing them.

That was exactly my first impression (posted it in here too) but when you keep playing, you will get more and more of these mid range kills, while wrecking fool in close range. The inconsistency stays but it leans in favor OHK ppl more than not killing them.

I'd disagree with this.

44 service stars in and I'd say only once or twice a night does it kill people from stupid range. I loudly exclaim it over headset when it happens haha.

Other than that it takes a good 2-3 shots from range to kill people.

As far as I see it - if you are a sniper or LMG guy and you can't take me down while I zig-zag, drop to prone, use cover etc.. and I get in range to kill you with multiple hits, it's nothing to do with the shotty being OP. It's to do with the shooter being shit.

The inconsistency comes from when you are close enough that you could stick the gun in their mouth and it doesn't kill them.....

EDIT - just checked and I'm 55th in the world for Model 10 hunter kills on PS4

1st in the UK for PS4

And i've played the least games of anyone above me! haha. 241 games with it while they all have like 600+

meppi

Nah, I've tried it myself.

It's way to easy to one shot people as far away as 50 meters.
If it was using slugs, I wouldn't mind at all, but pellets and it still does that? That's not right.

They probably were like 1 health then haha.

Exactly. There is no way you can consistently kill people from stupid range and full health OHKO.

I say this from experience. Incidentally the most experience in the UK haha.

I do know that PC experiences it far more readily than PS4. There is no surprise that the top kills globally is massively weighted in PC favour even though much less players play on PC.

meppi

They probably were like 1 health then haha.

That certainly did happen. :p
But I got a couple that were full health that way as well. Perhaps not 50m away, but certainly 20 or more.

Oh and no, I'm not talking consistently. As I've had plenty of instances where someone is 2 meters in front of me and I need to hit them 2-3 times and even then can't kill them. Hitmarkers and all.

Top Bottom