• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Lender

My goal was 1000spm. This is it now:

untitled-1copycopyhjb3d.jpg

God is mocking me!

Ha it's typical man, sucks. But hopefully they won't overdo it. Glad to see that you were starting to rock it tho.
Yeah, I'm still going to use it because it's dirty, especially for those goddamn fighter planes.

It's also interesting to see how they fixed the damage output of the trench darts on other planes; I abused it on bomber planes.

Xyber

That's because nobody uses it. The only why people use the MP18 because it's the starting weapon for Assault. The Automatico has the best hip fire and fastest TTK for smg, and the Hellriegel obviously has its insane drum magazine. So this leads to the MP18 becoming underused.

Pfft, I think the MP18 Trench is the best SMG. Sure, it doesnt have the fire rate of the Automatico or the magazine size of the Hellriegel. But what it does have is incredibly accurate hipfire at very long ranges. This to me makes it a much better fit for my playstyle. I hate how the Automatico feels and think the Hellriegel is too inaccurate when hipfired.

I have tried every SMG multiple times, but I just keep coming back the the MP18 Trench.

The Dude

I think the real problem with the rear gunner was that it was easier to use it when you are flying by yourself than with a partner. If you are rear gunning while someone else is a pilot, you will have a tough time aiming because the pilot is moving the plane back and forth, so enemy planes can pick you off without much resistance.

However, when you are flying alone and jump over to the back seat, the plane is nice and steady and you can aim point blank range. The better fix IMO would be to buff the rear gun when flying with a partner, but nerf it if flying by yourself.

But that's the thing, gotta level off for your partner.. Anytime someone was gunning for me, you level off and go slow and they will be able to shoot a lot easier.

Wil348

I pre-ordered the game from Amazon but to my knowledge never recieved a code for early access to the new map. Am I shit out of luck or doesn't it need a code? My friend who I usually play the game with went digital, so if I need a code, I probably can't play with him until it opens up to everyone. :(

terrible

Banned
I pre-ordered the game from Amazon but to my knowledge never recieved a code for early access to the new map. Am I shit out of luck or doesn't it need a code? My friend who I usually play the game with went digital, so if I need a code, I probably can't play with him until it opens up to everyone. :(

I also wonder how this works. I pre-ordered it on Amazon and didn't get anything other than a 1911 skin and such.

Do we have any idea when the patch goes live and the new map will be in the game? (The later part for people with early access to the map of course.)

Really disheartened that the map won't be in operations
I feel for you guys. I play some Operations but Conquest is my main game mode when I play Battlefield. I'm thinking that each of the four DLC packs for this game will include a new Operation, since those DLC packs will include four maps per pack unless I'm mistaken.

The Flash

Banned
Unlocked the Hellriegel. It's pretty sweet. Not sure if it'll be my main SMG though.

One thing I hope they'll address is trigger locks on the Elite controller. Can't shoot bolt action rifles, the flamethrower, or the No. 3 revolver if it's "on". Would prefer if everything worked regardless of trigger lock status.

Orcus

Is Origin totally down for anyone else?

I'm seeing an "Online log in is currently unavailable message" when the client loads.
They did this for the last maintenance update as well. I was dropped from a game and couldn't get online until they finished. Although it happened at like 11 or 12 PM PST, not 6 PK. Hopefully it means that they are pushing updates out to servers.

Orcus

Unlocked the Hellriegel. It's pretty sweet. Not sure if it'll be my main SMG though.

One thing I hope they'll address is trigger locks on the Elite controller. Can't shoot bolt action rifles, the flamethrower, or the No. 3 revolver if it's "on". Would prefer if everything worked regardless of trigger lock status.
PC or XBox? If you're on XBox and US we should squad up. I've played with ShadowFell a few times. It's always better with a squad.

Hey guys, how did the map look in terms of CP layout? I missed the stream.

It isn't one of those bullshit maps where the CPs are all lined up is it? Please tell me it's more along the lines of St. Quentin or Amiens!

PC or XBox? If you're on XBox and US we should squad up. I've played with ShadowFell a few times. It's always better with a squad.
It definitely is. :)

I'm down to squad up with you more, I've just been kind of meh on this game lately because I really dislike how DICE has handled the support class, (along with playing a lot of Rainbow Six: Siege, Titanfall 2, and CoD: Infinite Warfare) which is my favorite class, but hopefully this update will make things at least a bit better. :)

I cannot fucking believe how much this game freezes and hangs on xbox one yet it seems people barely talk about that. I can't help but think if Call of Duty had these problems it would be the number one thread on GAF with people talking about the demise of the franchise. I literally cannot end a game without it freezing. Not to mention the occasional 'everything is dark' game when loading into one.

Unreal this hasn't been talked about more. Hopefully the patch tomorrow fixes it. I would not have bought this game if I had known this.

The more I play less I care about my stats. I was chasing a 2.0 k/d for a while, but I kind of gave up on it. The way I play I’ll eventually get there, but I just play way too aggressively at time. SPM is probably easy as shit to inflate. Just save up your squad boosters and wait until there is a double XP event. People will probably have +5k SPM doing that.

0RfXZn5.png

terrible

Banned
I cannot fucking believe how much this game freezes and hangs on xbox one yet it seems people barely talk about that. I can't help but think if Call of Duty had these problems it would be the number one thread on GAF with people talking about the demise of the franchise. I literally cannot end a game without it freezing. Not to mention the occasional 'everything is dark' game when loading into one.

Unreal this hasn't been talked about more. Hopefully the patch tomorrow fixes it. I would not have bought this game if I had known this.

We're just used to Battlefield not working for like a year after launch.

Ravek

Banned

Did you not play BF3 or BF4? Because no one truly played those games for the first few months they were out because of how completely unplayable they were. BF1 is very playable with hiccups.

Kenstar

They Nerfed all bullet damage from 200% to 125% in HC
Now mp18 hits for 28.75 close and 15 far.

It now takes 4 shots at close range and 7 at 38 meters instead of 3 at close (2 shots used to do 96 damage and would kill anyone who was hurt even a sliver) and 5 at range

So because Bolt actions were too strong One shotting everyone they nerfed ALL weapons in HC instead of only the bolts? They had the same problem in Bad Company 2; 60 health and bolt actions shooting 100 damage down to 60 damage, they fixed it by making bolts lower down to 59 without touching the rest of the guns.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Any consensus on best Support weapon and really how to play the class in general? Just started using the class after playing exclusively Medic and Assault

Did you not play BF3 or BF4? Because no one truly played those games for the first few months they were out because of how completely unplayable they were. BF1 is very playable with hiccups.

In my personal experience, BF1 bugs and freezes have been much worse than either BF3 or BF4.

Any consensus on best Support weapon and really how to play the class in general? Just started using the class after playing exclusively Medic and Assault

Right now it's the BAR since it has the highest DPS, but that could change in a few hours after the patch. Spam crates. Mortar is still pretty decent. Limpet charge isn't too bad, but I'm just waiting for the crossbow in a few hours.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
They Nerfed all bullet damage from 200% to 125% in HC
Now mp18 hits for 28.75 close and 15 far.

It now takes 4 shots at close range and 7 at 38 meters instead of 3 at close (2 shots used to do 96 damage and would kill anyone who was hurt even a sliver) and 5 at range

So because Bolt actions were too strong One shotting everyone they nerfed ALL weapons in HC instead of only the bolts? They had the same problem in Bad Company 2; 60 health and bolt actions shooting 100 damage down to 60 damage, they fixed it by making bolts lower down to 59 without touching the rest of the guns.

yeah I'm not happy about it. Could have just created a harsher damage drop off for bolt actions.

Top Bottom