• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

That certainly did happen. :p
But I got a couple that were full health that way as well. Perhaps not 50m away, but certainly 20 or more.

20m isn't that bad, it's not even 70ft. Technically it wouldn't even be mid-range.....

Realistically anything within 100ft would be a killshot, especially if a pellet hit the head.

projectile_ranges_shotgun.jpg

meppi

I'm not saying keep it true to life, but at least get a happy medium.

Most people want anything shorter than 10ft and that's it haha

Nah, 10 feet would be crazy. No point in even having the weapon in the game at that point.
30 feet with some nice spread would be more than okay for me.

Nah, 10 feet would be crazy. No point in even having the weapon in the game at that point.
30 feet with some nice spread would be more than okay for me.

I'm actually quite looking forward to using it again tomorrow to see if the patch actually changed anything.

It's not true. You can get n00bs or good players using any gun.

Actually they only nerfed one shotgun, they buffed the others.

Secondly I agree with the behemoth changes but the changes to attacking certain locations means they've buffed attacking AGAIN

It's already ridiculously easy to win an attack haha
I'm just messing around. I use the gun semi-regularly lol.
Think its a good nerf. The whole reason fighter planes used bombs to kill bombers Was that they otherwise you got rekt hard by the rear gunner.
They nerfed the bombs now against other planes and also nerfed the rear gunner. And buffed the LMG of the figher abit more. So you get now more normal dogfights.
I definitely think the buff to fighter LMG is good. I would only tickle bomber planes while they lol'd. Now that I think about it, tail gunners did annihilate. I don't know if this has happened to you, but have you ever been obliterated by the rockets of an airship buster plane? I was switching to the tail gunner seat and I was destroyed.
I got murdered by Attack Plane tail gunners in the span of 3 seconds when I got even near them with my Fighters, despite having full health. I am not even making this up (did it quite a few times myself after spawning on planes).

The nerfs to tail gunners and bomber durability against Fighters are extremely needed, outside the Trench Fighter that was too strong for all the wrong reasons there was absolutely zero reason to ever use a Fighter plane (which in itself is absolutely paradoxical - air superiority is supposed to be their only job and role).

Yeah, I suppose so. I still want to see how this is in the air.

Just think of all the other service stars you can earn from using the other guns, though I feel you should go 100% dynamite as a form of protest.

I could do but I'm a no skill n00b so I need to use the model 10

Lord knows I'll drop my 1500 kill lead to the player with 2nd most kills with the model 10 in the UK once the patch hits......

Well it is Dice after all, so for all we know it might be more powerful than the Tankgewehr or it might be a Colibri wannabe by this time tomorrow. ;P

Good point.

Last patch they said the spread would be more 'realistic' and if anything it made it MORE possible to snipe people with it.

It'd be the funniest thing ever if it didn't change it again.

Just finished the campaign. I think this was the worst military FPS campaign I've ever played or at the very least the worst Battlefield campaign I've ever played, which also says a lot.

I think that's debatable, all Battlefield campaigns have been woeful, I actually thought One was maybe the best of the bad bunch. Who cares tho the Operations Multi-player is sublime

MorshuTheTrader

Neo Member
So wait, Giant's Shadow won't be added to Operations at all? Well that's some BS. I was looking forward to it, but Operations is the only mode I ever play.

The Lamp

Are the online issues in this game finallly resolved? I abandoned it during launch week because I kept getting booted out of those large map games (operations? conquest?) after a minute or two.

I seriously don't understand this when they actually REDUCE the recoil on the MP18

That's because nobody uses it. The only why people use the MP18 because it's the starting weapon for Assault. The Automatico has the best hip fire and fastest TTK for smg, and the Hellriegel obviously has its insane drum magazine. So this leads to the MP18 becoming underused.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
That's because nobody uses it. The only why people use the MP18 because it's the starting weapon for Assault. The Automatico has the best hip fire and fastest TTK for smg, and the Hellriegel obviously has its insane drum magazine. So this leads to the MP18 becoming underused.

MP18 is used by a shit ton of people.

MP18 is used by a shit ton of people.

Yeah because they have to. It's the starting weapon for Assault. The problem with the MP18 is it really has no strengths compared to the other SMGs. Both the other SMGs have their obvious strengths (best TTK or magazine size.) The MP18 is just kind of this weird middle child that doesn't really excel in anything.

The Dude

I still think the tailgunner change is gonna be worse than it sounds, almost gonna make it to easy to get up behind someone and shred them now. I thought it was damn near perfect, if I crawled up someone's ass and I didn't kill them quick enough, I accepted that I got gunned down and vice versa.

The Dude

Yeah because they have to. It's the starting weapon for Assault. The problem with the MP18 is it really has no strengths compared to the other SMGs. Both the other SMGs have their obvious strengths (best TTK or magazine size.) The MP18 is just kind of this weird middle child that doesn't really excel in anything.

But I don't think it should really accel at much as a starting weapon, that's the natural progression of learning and unlocking better guns.

But I don't think it should really accel at much as a starting weapon, that's the natural progression of learning and unlocking better guns.

In my view, all weapons should have there place. It doesn't matter if they're starting weapons are not. That's what makes good game balance. Letting people choose a weapon that fits their play style. As of right now, the MP18 isn't bad, but it's really not good. It's just there.

Olengie

Someone here posted a few weeks ago that it's in this patch. Don't know if it was from twitter or bf forum. Would really be laughable if not...

I really dont want to keep restarting the game whenever Im in the Loading Limbo for trying to quit. :/

So occasionally I experience a glitch where upon fully loading into a match, I'm greeted with a black screen but with the UI still intact.

Anyone else experience this? I'm on Xbox One, btw.

Edit: I decided to attempt to play by just looking at the mini map, and I actually got a kill lol. I'll update with a vid.

UPDATE: VID.

terrible

Banned
The MP18 buff is pretty irreverent. You can already hip fire with near perfect accuracy beyond the point where the damage drop off makes it useless. Making it even more accurate? I see no difference lol.

So occasionally I experience a glitch where upon fully loading into a match, I'm greeted with a black screen but with the UI still intact.

Anyone else experience this? I'm on Xbox One, btw.

Very common issue. It's happening to everyone.

Thanks. I would have preferred another look / setting for the new map, looks pretty similar to St. Somethin scar from what I have seen in the few minutes of stream.

terrible

Banned
The main thing I'm seeing in that stream is that there's way more cover on that map than in most other BF1 maps for CQ. Random piles of logs and stuff like that. Snipers are going to be a bit sad.

Surfinn

Thanks. I would have preferred another look / setting for the new map, looks pretty similar to St. Somethin scar from what I have seen in the few minutes of stream.

Yup exactly what I said a few days back. Disappointed to see that it's not a different looking/feeling map.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I still think the tailgunner change is gonna be worse than it sounds, almost gonna make it to easy to get up behind someone and shred them now. I thought it was damn near perfect, if I crawled up someone's ass and I didn't kill them quick enough, I accepted that I got gunned down and vice versa.

Quick-thinking pilots could almost always switch to the rear seat and shred your fighter plane before you could knock them out, especially with the overheat mechanic. This was my experience from both ends. Never mind when there was a dedicated gunner already in the plane. This is a great change, we just have to hope that DICE didn't go overboard with their nerfhammer (as they admittedly tend to do).

Lemnisc8

I saw a brief look at the new map and thought it looked a little... 'meh'. The ground looked sparse and lifeless, like dice hasn't bothered to really blend the map together.

The Dude

Quick-thinking pilots could almost always switch to the rear seat and shred your fighter plane before you could knock them out, especially with the overheat mechanic. This was my experience from both ends. Never mind when there was a dedicated gunner already in the plane. This is a great change, we just have to hope that DICE didn't go overboard with their nerfhammer (as they admittedly tend to do).

That's my point, I simply hope It wasn't overdone. I shred people nonstop that creep up on me, but it's imho knowing the situation and knowing when to switch. But there were guys that can get me, my point was that it wasnt a given, there are situations where people will get you.

But like early, a 2 manned plan came up on me and my only chance is that gun. With the plane firing and his gunner, thats basically 2 types of damage coming in, having a chance to kill them quick is all a person has. And if they made that gun suck horribly then it's most likely gonna be a death almost guaranteed if I am firing and it takes 5 minutes to bring someone down

It is what it is tho, I'm at 25 service stars and 2500 kills in my plane, I'll keep killing them fools regardless

That's my point, I simply hope It wasn't overdone. I shred people nonstop that creep up on me, but it's imho knowing the situation and knowing when to switch. But there were guys that can get me, my point was that it wasnt a given, there are situations where people will get you.

But like early, a 2 manned plan came up on me and my only chance is that gun. With the plane firing and his gunner, thats basically 2 types of damage coming in, having a chance to kill them quick is all a person has. And if they made that gun suck horribly then it's most likely gonna be a death almost guaranteed if I am firing and it takes 5 minutes to bring someone down

It is what it is tho, I'm at 25 service stars and 2500 kills in my plane, I'll keep killing them fools regardless
I'm only 1800 kills behind you T_T. I started incorporating your tips and they went ahead and nerfed it. Lol

WillyFive

I think the real problem with the rear gunner was that it was easier to use it when you are flying by yourself than with a partner. If you are rear gunning while someone else is a pilot, you will have a tough time aiming because the pilot is moving the plane back and forth, so enemy planes can pick you off without much resistance.

However, when you are flying alone and jump over to the back seat, the plane is nice and steady and you can aim point blank range. The better fix IMO would be to buff the rear gun when flying with a partner, but nerf it if flying by yourself.

Top Bottom