• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

terrible

Banned
rEYg9mu.gif

I'm guessing I'll be doing this a lot more once this patch rolls out on console.

terrible

Banned
Is that the MG18? Sweet jesus that thing rips.

I'm actually buzzing to test out the model 10 tonight too.

MG15 Low Weight. It's a beast if you surprise people with it, you can take out a whole squad like that. 1 on 1 it's not so great since most guns in the game have a better time to kill but it also has a bipod so you can take out snipers if you use it which is nice.

By the sounds of it the model 10 will still be good, it just probably won't one shot as often from like 20m+. Up close it'll likely still dominate. This is just a guess though.

terrible

Banned
Wish I got to play vs such oblivious noobs

Knowing my luck I would get one kill and the other 4 would all be using the A10 and instakill me

For whatever reason they were really interested in shooting at A there. I can't explain how sometimes everyone seems to know where you are every match and other times you're able to just wipe everyone out with ease. Luck I guess.

Please dont do this. Support guns are crap DICE keep buffing them.

raw

I still definitely think the need a buff. We'll see how they feel after this patch, it sounds good. They're fun to use as-is since it's nice using guns nobody else uses but they could be better.

sucks that they changed assault from being the medic as well. i prefer the guns in the assault class, but i like to revive with the medic as well.

By the sounds of it the model 10 will still be good, it just probably won't one shot as often from like 20m+. Up close it'll likely still dominate. This is just a guess though.

My hopes rest upon this guess haha

You smashed it last night as usual. Was good to see you back mate - that Empire's Edge zero ticket take and then win of the map... That's what battlefield is all about.

I'm actually quite stoked to try out some of the guns post-patch too.

terrible

Banned
My hopes rest upon this guess haha

You smashed it last night as usual. Was good to see you back mate - that Empire's Edge zero ticket take and then win of the map... That's what battlefield is all about.

I'm actually quite stoked to try out some of the guns post-patch too.

Hahaha yeah, you were giving them hell on C by yourself pretty much the entire time. They kept trying to hold it but your shotgun had other plans.

Last night it actually let me join you through the game menu, that's the first time it's done that. So much easier than having to use the PS4 system friend join option (I don't know what it's called).

Donos

Any consensus on best Support weapon and really how to play the class in general? Just started using the class after playing exclusively Medic and Assault

Not consensus but i think you need to take advantage of the big mags of the MGs. Was the same like you, Assault and Medic lvl10 and just recently started support. Low dmg of the MGs was a pain at first. Then i just took the MG 15 light and abused the bipod in big 64 ppl maps. Then it's like a laser, killing fools and snipers from far away. It's not a beast like the PKP Pecheng in close quarters but the recoil, standing with ADS is manageable.

Tried the BAR and it seems good but the low bullet count doesn't fit may playstyle with support. Have to try a bit more.

Hahaha yeah, you were giving them hell on C by yourself pretty much the entire time. They kept trying to hold it but your shotgun had other plans.

Last night it actually let me join you through the game menu, that's the first time it's done that. So much easier than having to use the PS4 system friend join option (I don't know what it's called).

That C position can be horrible to hold with a shotty because of all the open range. The key is constantly keep moving. When someone sees you just keep running and they'll obviously follow. Then you just turn a corner, turn round and blam them haha.

Redders saw me crack out a long range revolver headshot too. The aim-assist from ADS with that thing is ridiculous. Just keep snapping in and out of aim and you can headshot snipers from mad distance with it.

Yeah I hope they fix that, we've had issues with joining in-game before. Another night with 12 gaffers in the team last night.

Do we know what they did to the Monte Grappe B bunker yet?

Early reports are that they widened the capture area and also increased the 'weight' of attacking forces.

Meaning you need less people on the objective to overpower it.

They did exactly the same thing on the last patch but they've basically just increased it again on certain 'problem' areas.

Meaning attacking now is a guaranteed win.

Early reports are that they widened the capture area and also increased the 'weight' of attacking forces.

Meaning you need less people on the objective to overpower it.

Oh. I guess that's okay.

Was kind of hoping they either added another bunker entrance or something.

don't you still have to go through death tunnels to get to the objective?

No, you can just pile on top of the bunker.

don't you still have to go through death tunnels to get to the objective?

No, you can just pile on top of the bunker.

Nailed it.

If the enemy camp their entire team there - you just need around 2/3 of your team there and you'll take it.

The strategy for defence now really balances on how you work the other objectives too.
It would be pointless to throw all defence on the bunkers now. It's gotta be a mix of the objectives available while making the bunkers as difficult as possible to take.

The best strategy would be to consistently hold one or both (on the second bunker) of the other objectives because randoms normally don't defend well once they've taken an obj. They just take and move to next.

Constantly giving them a reason to leave the bunker would lead to you being able to retake it easily. All about that ticket stall.

A shotgun guy doing laps of the bunkers will also help loads.

41OnARZmyLL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

For more strategies that are useful in battlefield - see above haha

terrible

Banned
That C position can be horrible to hold with a shotty because of all the open range. The key is constantly keep moving. When someone sees you just keep running and they'll obviously follow. Then you just turn a corner, turn round and blam them haha.

Redders saw me crack out a long range revolver headshot too. The aim-assist from ADS with that thing is ridiculous. Just keep snapping in and out of aim and you can headshot snipers from mad distance with it.

Yeah I hope they fix that, we've had issues with joining in-game before. Another night with 12 gaffers in the team last night.

If there are snipers looking down on C it's even worse. I got killed there a couple times and was like nope, I'll let you handle it lol.

Yeah the snap auto aim is really strong. I put auto aim on recently and it's so easy to get my first shot on target now. I thought it was just the same as it was in BF4 so I kept it off but it's not, it's stronger in this game. No wonder it feels like everyone is better at this game than the previous Battlefields.

If there are snipers looking down on C it's even worse. I got killed there a couple times and was like nope, I'll let you handle it lol..

I did notice you ran off at one point and I must admit I did curse your name haha

God damn Deserter!

It's all good mate haha.

You never had to, you could always cap it from on top. Now, because of people whining about it, Attackers have it way too easy.

100% agreed. It was easy enough before the Dec patch....

Now the only areas that actually cause an issue are even easier.

The toxic minority. Very vocal about things they hate. These are the things DICE listens to.

As I suspected, the Hunter doesn't feel very nerfed at all. Still does what a shotgun is supposed to do. The maps have too many CQB focused areas.

I had a 35-minute game of War Pigeons. We lost.

The mode is a lot of fun, but goddamn if it doesn't rile me up. The whole game does, honestly. Still, I enjoy myself a lot, but I can't help but get equally annoyed every time I die.

yeah I just used the trench shotty and did good damage from a decent distance.

Patch seems great so far...

I knew I could count on DICE not to ruin it.......

To be fair they said they reduced the pellet multiplier in the spread last time but that seemed to buff it's OHKO range haha

Podge293

Played an operation on suez yesterday. Can see why people hate it.

I like the mechanism they've put in for booting squad leaders for not issuing orders. Hate people spamminh the "request order" even tho there's an order available.

Played an operation on suez yesterday. Can see why people hate it.

I like the mechanism they've put in for booting squad leaders for not issuing orders. Hate people spamminh the "request order" even tho there's an order available.

It's worse when the defenders have the train..... They just sit it on A position first sector and it's a right ball ache.

The whole rest of the map is relatively fine I think. Sometimes the final sector can cause an issue with that B position right at the back literally right on their spawn.

Top Bottom