• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

They did say they had improved the PRO quality but it wasn't on the patch notes.

Yea there is a tidbit in there, but I agree it's back to feeling and lookin how it did so I'm happy about that.

IeLOBZb7ZdQ1G.gif

What modes did you try?

Conquest on the new map.

Re: PS4 PRO.

Do the people who recognize problems in "visual fidelity" before and now after the patch sit on a hill and take it all the sights sounds and smell..staring at rock edges, grass, walls and doorways?

Ive played BF1 on my PS4 and my Pro before and after and see no difference. It just looks great no matter where Ive played. Very happy I dont have this crippling desire to sit there and count pixels. Just want to play and have fun.

Re: PS4 PRO.

Do the people who recognize problems in "visual fidelity" before and now after the patch sit on a hill and take it all the sights sounds and smell..staring at rock edges, grass, walls and doorways?

Ive played BF1 on my PS4 and my Pro before and after and see no difference. It just looks great no matter where Ive played. Very happy I dont have this crippling desire to sit there and count pixels. Just want to play and have fun.

No they just use their eyes mate

Interesting so far.

Fighters are good, but good tail gunners are still dangerous.

The Landship is great.

The Huot isn’t that bad anymore. The bow is alright, nothing really special though. It’s nice to have a decent gadget on support though.

Movement does feel better overall.

Quit button actually works.

I only played the new map twice. I don’t really like it. Flags are linear and this is no cover whatsoever. It reminds me of Suez, but green.

Not really feeling Giant's Shadow in Conquest. I hope it plays better in Rush, but there's a whole lotta nothing going on in the gaps between AB and CD, as well as CD and EF. It's a KOTH-esque map, but it has zero flow and just plays out as a really awkward fight over CD in the center of the map. It only gets jankier when the armored train shows up.

JDB

Banned
Wide-open maps with no cover except for a house here and there near objectives are the worst. Even worse when a large part of the map is in a valley.

Nameless

Wide-open maps with no cover except for a house here and there near objectives are the worst. Even worse when a large part of the map is in a valley.

Even worse when you have to respawn. I think at some point the spawn system gained consciousness and started feeding players to snipers, tanks, and plumes of gas.

Foxxsoxx

So I don't know if it is just me, but the server browser always shows dead servers when I switch it to show open slots of 1-10 people. I never had this issue in BF3/BF4. Am I doing something wrong?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Battlefield's spawn system is the most efficient killer known to man.

Blitzhex

So Origin is down when I decide to play. Can't even launch BF1 offline mode/story mode because it crashes at the start/splash screen, nice.
Edit: It's online now and there's a 3.36gb patch .

Hawkie

No need to enter the bunkers on Monte Grappa anymore at all. Cap range must be huge up top. Still 10 minute bunker fights happening though when the retreat sounds as people still hunker down inside and then are trapped.

Played a few rounds of Giants Shadow on Conquest and it's awful. 2 Caps inside the airship and open countryside either side for miles. Not sure how that's supposed to be fun. As for the Model 10, seems pretty much business as usual but I only have 14 service stars on it.

No need to enter the bunkers on Monte Grappa anymore at all. Cap range must be huge up top. Still 10 minute bunker fights happening though when the retreat sounds as people still hunker down inside and then are trapped.

Not sure how that's supposed to be fun. As for the Model 10, seems pretty much business as usual but I only have 14 service stars on it.

Normally I get to the bunker attacking about the same time as the defenders get inside. I normally run in just as they are fumbling about unlocking and locking and unlocking and locking the back door. No need to enter the bunkers at all means my strategy of keeping at LEAST one other objective constantly to reduce the attacker weight on the bunker will be key to victory. Massively.

Model 10 has quite a few reports of being basically the same now which is very good to hear. I'm at 46 service stars.

You're 14 service stars of NOOB!!

The Dude

Oh, they didn't fix the third person bug with tanks. You can still shoot over obstacles without exposing yourself, lol.

That sucks they didn't fix it. However I sort of can't get when people abuse this type of stuff, I personally can't because it makes me feel like such a little pussy playing like that

meppi

Oh, they didn't fix the third person bug with tanks. You can still shoot over obstacles without exposing yourself, lol.

Goddamnit. Incompetent assholes.
And then they wonder why they lost most of their goodwill with players.
It's always the same with these guys.

That sucks they didn't fix it. However I sort of can't get when people abuse this type of stuff, I personally can't because it makes me feel like such a little pussy playing like that

The only time I get in tanks is to steal them from the enemy and deliver them to a more competent Gaffer haha

Initial impressions:

The map seems to suck, and seems to be a clusterfuck in which the center seems to see most of the action.

The grenade crossbow may not be very good, but I'll need more time with it to get a feel for it before I decide.

LMG's still suck because DICE insists on trying to make a mechanic work that just doesn't work.

Really just makes me want to go back to Titanfall 2. I'll play a bit more, but so far I'm disappointed.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yeah I mean a sniper round to the chest would kill you from whatever distance tbf. Again - if you get in that close and STILL get outgunned by a sniper - you deserve to get killed by it.

It should be more about skill rather than 'lol too close to OHKO'

It stopped being about skill when you picked sniper in BF1.

Top Bottom