• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Sucks that they nerfed the hellriegel :(

It didnt need to be nerfed. Shotgun yes, this no. Whats wrong with people enjoying a gun? No fun allowed.

Is it even noticeable? Seems like a minor nerf looking at the numbers.

Is it possible that "the numbers" just showed the fact that its a fun gun to use compared to the other ones in that class? If they wanna fix the guns, fix the ones nobody uses. Dont nerf the one people like to use... Jesus fuck.

I think the weather is randomly generated.

What I mean is that DICE needs to remove foggy weather from the randomized weather system, at least on the new maps. Or at least give it a different visual effect (like the sandstorm on Sinai). It just feels like EVERY map has a fog variant and I don't find them to be very fun at all.

why don't some maps have nighttime variants instead?

daevv

Was anyone able to buy BF1 Premium on PS4 using the 20% off newsletter code this week? I have that with another game added to my cart but keep getting an error trying to check out.

Theorry

It was also already "nerfed" in the patch before this. It was maybe sometimes abit to good at range for a SMG. With some added recoil its just abit harder to hit people at range. But not much.

Is it even noticeable? Seems like a minor nerf looking at the numbers.

I've used it a ton and yeah it's noticeable to me. They introduced more recoil in the last patch, and with this patch the recoil is a little higher again and the pattern/spread is a little wider.

Still a beast gun, though, so I'm not even mad.

Foxxsoxx

What I mean is that DICE needs to remove foggy weather from the randomized weather system, at least on the new maps. Or at least give it a different visual effect (like the sandstorm on Sinai). It just feels like EVERY map has a fog variant and I don't find them to be very fun at all.

I do agree, having so many maps feature fog is getting old, especially when they look so similar.

Or at least make fog disperse faster, it's crazy how long it can last in a match.

Lakitu

st5fu
Played a round of Giant's Shadow. It's alright. I don't like the linear flag placement and it just feels visually too similar to something like St. Quentin Scar.

It was also already "nerfed" in the patch before this. It was maybe sometimes abit to good at range for a SMG. With some added recoil its just abit harder to hit people at range. But not much.

I think they hit the sweet spot before this patch. Didn't feel I the gun was better at range vs guns that are made for range.

Less RPM then automatico and worse hipfire then the MP 18.

Nerf wasn't needed.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I had an issue with severe stuttering. I reset my XBox, keeping apps and games, according to an EA support article and it fixed my issue.

If your talking about inconsistent frames dropping into the low 30's than I think everyone on PS4/XBox One is experiencing that, because we have a shit CPU. Apparently the PS4 Pro provides a noticeable improvement to frame rate and IQ.

This is by far the most stable battlefield game I have played. Or actually any online multiplayer. Yesterday i got my first disconnect from a game. I am level 51.

There are some odd little bugs here and there especially with post match screens and some hilarious issues with revives but the game hasnt crashed on me, net code is solid with no apparent lag, great hit boxes(this was a huge issue in PS3 battlefield games going back to BC2 where half of the time your bullets just didnt connect) solid af framerate on the pro and doesnt have disconnect issues which is great considering games can go on for an hour.

I am pleasantly surprised.

meppi

Fully agree with this.
While I don't hate the fog, it's way overused.
I'd much rather have some nice thunderstorms (or heavy snowstorms in upcoming snow maps?)
Day and night cycles seem like a good idea on paper, but they way they would implement them going by the past doesn't leave me confident that it'd actually be fun playing on them.

I believe that crown goes to COD spawns. Bullets to the back gallore.

Perhaps Infinite Warfare is way worse than the predecessors, but COD spawns really don't compare to bad non-squad BF1 spawns, at least in quantity.

Fully agree with this.
While I don't hate the fog, it's way overused.
I'd much rather have some nice thunderstorms (or heavy snowstorms in upcoming snow maps?)
Day and night cycles seem like a good idea on paper, but they way they would implement them going by the past doesn't leave me confident that it'd actually be fun playing on them.

This. I don't mind the fog, but it basically seems like it's either clear or foggy on a map, never anything else. Heavy thunderstorms or snow would be really cool.

Xyber

I couldn't join a squad at all in a game just now. Wtf is that? None were full either

Did you join on a friend who was in the other team? I know that can mess up the squad joining and won't let you do anything until it throws you to the other team and into the other persons squad.

meppi

I couldn't join a squad at all in a game just now. Wtf is that? None were full either

If you're on PS4, the best way to join and avoid such problems from what I've encountered is to start the game, hold the Home button and look for games your friends are playing there and enter through that menu.
That never gives me any problems, unlike the in game menus.

terrible

Banned
Is there still a few seconds delay on spawns which leads to people spawning on dead bodies? If they haven't fixed that yet they are stupid.

terrible

Banned
I dont think this is something that can be fixed because of the animation of spawning in
Never happened in prior Battlefield titles so it can certainly be fixed if they want to fix it. It's the worst bug in the game right now. There's nothing worse in this game than taking someone out then reloading only to have someone spawn on the corpse and kill you.

Why do they offer an option to adjust Deadzones when their implementation is beyond terrible? I tried my first match with the Deadzones set to 0% from the default of 22%. That was a mistake, it constantly felt like I was always suppressed with the gun swaying when aiming. And the gunplay felt extremely floaty, much more so then before. I have my Deadzones set to 0% in both Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 and they feel perfect. The implementation in Battlefield 1 is just God awful.

Did you join on a friend who was in the other team? I know that can mess up the squad joining and won't let you do anything until it throws you to the other team and into the other persons squad.
No. Solo queue.
If you're on PS4, the best way to join and avoid such problems from what I've encountered is to start the game, hold the Home button and look for games your friends are playing there and enter through that menu.
That never gives me any problems, unlike the in game menus.
That was the first time it happened to me. I played three more matches and it hasn't occurred since.

Chill. I like fog while I am in a plane so that it can cover me from people who literally sit on AA guns to take me out.

BoatAck

Never happened in prior Battlefield titles so it can certainly be fixed if they want to fix it. It's the worst bug in the game right now. There's nothing worse in this game than taking someone out then reloading only to have someone spawn on the corpse and kill you.

That shit happens to me frequently. It's fucked. It was never like this in 3 or 4. Really needs to be fixed.

If they could fix the wrong medals showing up when you want to track one, or make it so you can passively do all of them without picking one, AND do the steps out of order, that would be great. It seems like they just want to gate progress as much as possible.

Chill. People who literally use anti aircraft guns to shoot down planes?

It's pretty annoying when it's one dude sitting in that thing the whole game. Personally I would get pretty bored, but to each their own, I guess.

Luckily most players are pretty dumb and don't really bother to look low to the ground as I strafe their ass with my explosive darts from 20 feet above their heads.

Orcus

This is by far the most stable battlefield game I have played. Or actually any online multiplayer. Yesterday i got my first disconnect from a game. I am level 51.

There are some odd little bugs here and there especially with post match screens and some hilarious issues with revives but the game hasnt crashed on me, net code is solid with no apparent lag, great hit boxes(this was a huge issue in PS3 battlefield games going back to BC2 where half of the time your bullets just didnt connect) solid af framerate on the pro and doesnt have disconnect issues which is great considering games can go on for an hour.

I am pleasantly surprised.

I agree completely. I mean unless you loved the franchise and BF4, it was almost unplayable for months on end. I was just trying to give this person some context and a possible solution.

There are still some significant game play effecting bugs and balance issues, but overall the game is in great shape and fun to play. I am excited for when DICE LA (hopefully) gets their hands on it and does some balancing passes.

Orcus

It's pretty annoying when it's one dude sitting in that thing the whole game. Personally I would get pretty bored, but to each their own, I guess.

Luckily most players are pretty dumb and don't really bother to look low to the ground as I strafe their ass with my explosive darts from 20 feet above their heads.
You need to be my Mavrick and I'll be your Goose. =D. I just finished tanks and I'm almost done leveling Calvary, and then it's on to planes to finish up all the classes. I haven't really touched them yet other than to nose a few into the ground. :(. I'm saving all my squad xp boosts for planes as I never really used them much in prior battlefield games, I've always been a heli kind a guy.

You need to be my Mavrick and I'll be your Goose. =D. I just finished tanks and I'm almost done leveling Calvary, and then it's on to planes to finish up all the classes. I haven't really touched them yet other than to nose a few into the ground. :(. I'm saving all my squad xp boosts for planes as I never really used them much in prior battlefield games, I've always been a heli kind a guy.

Planes are like, my go-to since BF3. I love flying, but I've had squad mates get angry at me for not playing the objective. But I'm like, "Who's the one shooting flares into hot spots and clearing out groups of people in one fell swoop?" Even if I'm squad leader and flying I'll still order the squad to key areas.

Anywho, I believe we're actually friends on XBL? Unless I have you mistaken for someone else. Your name looks familiar. If you are on XBL, I'll be sure to invite you when I see that you're on. I can show you the ropes in piloting. :)

Orcus

Planes are like, my go-to since BF3. I love flying, but I've had squad mates get angry at me for not playing the objective. But I'm like, "Who's the one shooting flares into hot spots and clearing out groups of people in one fell swoop?" Even if I'm squad leader and flying I'll still order the squad to key areas.

Anywho, I believe we're actually friends on XBL? Unless I have you mistaken for someone else. Your name looks familiar. If you are on XBL, I'll be sure to invite you when I see that you're on. I can show you the ropes in piloting. :)
Yeah, we've played a few times together (XBox LiveID: ORCU5). I'll take you up on the flight instructor offer. =)

Brohan

I've said it once, I'll say it again.

If you ever get on at 22:00 UK time.... we've got some kick-ass pilots that can back you up.

I know this was not directed at me but i would like to do some games with UKGaf sometime. How to join? And would i be welcome even though i will not be able to use a mic(At least not on work days)?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I know this was not directed at me but i would like to do some games with UKGaf sometime. How to join? And would i be welcome even though i will not be able to use a mic(At least not on work days)?
We play at 22:00 UK time. And if you don't have a mic you can always join us mid game and you will usually be on the same team if you join right when we do.

Brohan

We play at 22:00 UK time. And if you don't have a mic you can always join us mid game and you will usually be on the same team if you join right when we do.

I have a mic but its an hour later over here and Can't risk waking up my Gf.

Anyways my Psn is Origin-7k so feel free to add me.

I don't think the idle sway that I'm now seeing on LMG's was there previously...it's most noticeable on the BAR from the couple of LMG's I tried. As if the RNG on our initial LMG shots wasn't bad enough.

Also, it sounds like the Martini-Henry was badly nerfed. And it never needed to be really...a slight adjustment MAYBE. People kept saying how strong it was without noting it's glaring weaknesses: one shot, then a several second reload, no variant that has optics, and really slow bullet velocity that made you need to reallyyyyy lead your shots on moving targets.

Top Bottom