• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

The Dude

Well I still went 56 and 4 on this first half of grappa in my plane, but the ttk with the tailgunner is just imho ridiculous. I'll post a video, the video above didn't look bad until I experienced it. Just sucks because I mean you're almost, almost pretty much fucked if someone is a good pilot behind you. That gun was the only saving grace and now I think it'll deter really anyone from wanting to be a gunner for planes

Well I still went 56 and 4 on this first half of grappa in my plane, but the ttk with the tailgunner is just imho ridiculous. I'll post a video, the video above didn't look bad until I experienced it. Just sucks because I mean you're almost, almost pretty much fucked if someone is a good pilot behind you. That gun was the only saving grace and now I think it'll deter really anyone from wanting to be a gunner for planes

I've said it once, I'll say it again.

If you ever get on at 22:00 UK time.... we've got some kick-ass pilots that can back you up.

56-4 is a decent haul mate.

The Dude

I've said it once, I'll say it again.

If you ever get on at 22:00 UK time.... we've got some kick-ass pilots that can back you up.

56-4 is a decent haul mate.

Definitely man I'll let you know, and yea that was a decent run, just glad it's not like totally fucked up. But I just don't get as excited about air to air battles as much now, that was thrilling to bring someone down like that.

But the main thing I'm happy about with this patch is hellriegel is fine and the game just feels so smooth again, ah that is the best part

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So I finally gave the Hunter another shot after hitting Level 10 with my assault guy using just the MP18 Optical.

And wow, you guys were right. This thing has crazy fucking range. you have to be kinda precise with it and its kinda shit up close if people are running around in circles, but that range is just nuts. So glad it is getting nerfed because some of the kills i got last night were flat out broken. And I am a Destiny player which has been a shotgun feast since Year 1.

When you guys get on a plane, do you use controller or keyboard? Been trying to give it a go but its kinda frustrating trying to shake off enemies off and doing those 360 loops in the air

So I finally gave the Hunter another shot after hitting Level 10 with my assault guy using just the MP18 Optical.

And wow, you guys were right. This thing has crazy fucking range. you have to be kinda precise with it and its kinda shit up close if people are running around in circles, but that range is just nuts. So glad it is getting nerfed because some of the kills i got last night were flat out broken. And I am a Destiny player which has been a shotgun feast since Year 1.

pipe-smarmy-grin.jpg

Don't wanna be the one to tell you this but......

Lol nerf did nothing. It's largely unchanged.

The Dude

https://youtu.be/9DmvIDJzgwo

So in that video, I knew he was behind me and sure every moment varies but sweet hell I unloaded into him big time. If I was half health, I bet he gets me. I just wish it was about 3/4 of the ttk, they seemed to go one step to far. I think it was 23 or 24%, why not 15% or 18%?

Its just one of those things where it's still viable but if someone is good with their plane you're dead, a few guys tried it on me and they didn't stand a chance where before they might of gotten me most likely

Acinixys

Anyone else experiencing this bug:

My game is a borderless windown, but I cant alt tab. I have to open the task manager to get out of the game

:(

Ravek

Banned
New map is meh at best. If you're by the blimp (C/D) and the fog is thick...you're gonna get grenade spammed like a bitch. Everything in the three conquest matches I played centered around C and D. Occasionally someone would try to flank and get A or F but it didn't last long. Feels like there's way too many tanks on this map too. Im sure this map also plays like a dream for snipers.

One thing I did notice and it was infuriating beyond belief is no one was working the AA guns like they typically do. Bombers were killing me more than infantry. Thats not a knock against the map mind you, I know everyone is in the new puppy phase at the moment.

Also, Hellriegel doesn't seem any different. And I'm more than okay with that.

Anyone having trouble accessing the new map I pre ordered the game and have everything installed

Edit I'm stupid change my hard drive recently and forgot to download the pre order stuff

Long live the Dynamite Bros.

Hahah Any time I see a tank camping in enemy territory I warm up my running shoes and start sprinting. I die after dropping a few dynamite packs.

Next thing I'm at the spawn in screen and see a green dot running towards the same spot - see the explosion - see the green dot run back into safety.

I know it's you haha

Theorry

Pretty good patch. Heavy Tank got a nerf btw. The quick repair repairs less now.
But overall a pretty good patch. Quality of life improvement, some good balancing. Still laggy menu tho, no gas reduction and some more small things. But he we cant have everything i guess. I liked the map also. I wont be a classic and D is abit of a clusterfuck. But its decent.

Edit: oh yeah they removed the squad bar at the right bottom when you are in the main menu where you quick can see who is in your party. The added that last patch and now its gone again lol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So are the weather effects in this game server-based?

Yes, there was a bug in which the weather event wouldnt fire up on clients that connected to the server after the event.
This was fixed in the previous patch

Akai__

The UI functionality in this game is one of the worst in this generation. Why does everything take so long? Why not take already existing UI's which were more than fine and improve them, instead of releasing an unfinished and buggy mess?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Did they fix the operations post match screen? Do you get match bonus at the end of the first round?

Also, that anti tank rifle is the greatest gun in the game. it's got crazy range, perfect iron sights and is easily the most accurate gun in the game. You line up a shot, one hit kill just like that. you have to go prone with it, which kinda sucks but man it is so goddamn satisfying to get kills with it.

Theorry

Btw just played some Operation attacking on Oil of Empires. We finally lost our first battalion on Sinai. But we didnt get a train. Then we lost another one and we finally got one. Looks like they changed that. Before you would get one right away after you lost the first battalion.

Btw just played some Operation attacking on Oil of Empires. We finally lost our first battalion on Sinai. But we didnt get a train. Then we lost another one and we finally got one. Looks like they changed that. Before you would get one right away after you lost the first battalion.

Yeah that's right. If one team is massively in the lead they no longer auto get a behemoth.

Normally UKps4Gaf white washes all the way to the final sector of Oil. Then we either win it or we get beat at that point.

Next round starts with the train. Win in under 10 tickets.

At least it'll be a challenge (maybe) now.

Pretty good patch. Heavy Tank got a nerf btw. The quick repair repairs less now.
But overall a pretty good patch. Quality of life improvement, some good balancing. Still laggy menu tho, no gas reduction and some more small things. But he we cant have everything i guess. I liked the map also. I wont be a classic and D is abit of a clusterfuck. But its decent.

Edit: oh yeah they removed the squad bar at the right bottom when you are in the main menu where you quick can see who is in your party. The added that last patch and now its gone again lol.
so how do you know who is in your squad when joining a match with friends now?

Toa TAK

Banned
Yes, there was a bug in which the weather event wouldnt fire up on clients that connected to the server after the event.
This was fixed in the previous patch
Okay, awesome. It doesn't happen too often but I really enjoy seeing everyone react to it in some way.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I wish you could hear people walking.

I wish you could hear guns firing 5 feet away from you, instead of just the bullets whizzing by you and hitting you.

The sound localization in this game is complete and utter shit.

meppi

I spawn in a tank. None of the weapons work... This game. lol

It's a feature! lol

Not to mention tradition as well. :p

I wish you could hear people walking.

I wish you could hear guns firing 5 feet away from you, instead of just the bullets whizzing by you and hitting you.

The sound localization in this game is complete and utter shit.

Indeed. You can somehow hear things around you, but not in the same way as in the previous games.
I remember sitting next to a fence somewhere in BF4 and hearing an enemy running up to it on the other side and going prone in the grass, all without even seeing him, not even a blip on the minimap or anything.
This simply is impossible in BF1 and the game is worse for it without question.

Xyber

pipe-smarmy-grin.jpg

Don't wanna be the one to tell you this but......

Lol nerf did nothing. It's largely unchanged.

No, now it works more like it was intended. It is still a good shotgun with better range than most, just not as insane as it could be before. If you are playing to the strength of a shotgun properly, it should still wreck people.

See, Dice can nerf something without making it useless.

I need to try out the buffed shotguns and see how they feel now.

10a still seems busted, crossbow FRG and HE seem a bit too situational, and the HE not exploding on impact is dumb. Hellriegel getting more recoil is lame, it wasn't op to begin with. Having a nice steady smg with a slightly long ttk was just fine in my books. People over-used it because it was the last unlock for the class and has the best assault class irons in the game.

No, now it works more like it was intended. It is still a good shotgun with better range than most, just not as insane as it could be before. If you are playing to the strength of a shotgun properly, it should still wreck people.

See, Dice can nerf something without making it useless.

I need to try out the buffed shotguns and see how they feel now.

Yeah I only really use it close range anyway. If someone is too far I'll try the long shot but most often it takes a good 2-3 hits anyway. It's only by luck you get the mega range ones.

I am very tempted to try the M97 Trench with the extra pellet.... should be more powerful than the Model 10 if anything

It just sounds so weak. Like a dog coughing.

I want the 12g to be epic because it sounds like a blunderbuss

And your weapon still doesn't work after a revive. SMH

Why do they even pretend to fix all this shit time after time.

It still works, the animation just doesn't show up sometimes. Switching to secondary and back to primary fixes it. But yes, super-annoying bug when you're revived and the person who killed you is just sitting there waiting to take down you and your medic. "LET ME SHOOT HIM!"

meppi

It still works, the animation just doesn't show up sometimes. Switching to secondary and back to primary fixes it. But yes, super-annoying bug when you're revived and the person who killed you is just sitting there waiting to take down you and your medic. "LET ME SHOOT HIM!"

That's what I mean.
They stated twice now that it's been fixed and it hasn't.

Oh and yeah, the martini is garbage up close. It wasn't even strong enough to begin with, doing only 90 for a bolt action with no scope like this and now they nerfed it?
Bwahaha.
Dice is such a joke these past few years.

Orcus

I cannot fucking believe how much this game freezes and hangs on xbox one yet it seems people barely talk about that. I can't help but think if Call of Duty had these problems it would be the number one thread on GAF with people talking about the demise of the franchise. I literally cannot end a game without it freezing. Not to mention the occasional 'everything is dark' game when loading into one.

Unreal this hasn't been talked about more. Hopefully the patch tomorrow fixes it. I would not have bought this game if I had known this.
I had an issue with severe stuttering. I reset my XBox, keeping apps and games, according to an EA support article and it fixed my issue.

If your talking about inconsistent frames dropping into the low 30's than I think everyone on PS4/XBox One is experiencing that, because we have a shit CPU. Apparently the PS4 Pro provides a noticeable improvement to frame rate and IQ.

Top Bottom