• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Rad-

Had 3 matches. In each one I ended up in an infantry only map. Sigh. Help me guys, what's the best BF-esque map so far in your opinion (so a map that has everything, not just infantry)? I think I'll make a filter with only those maps.

Tecnniqe

Banned
LOL so that's an actual thing! I saw a picture somewhere earlier and assumed it was a clickbait webstite.

Finally hoping in, my night is planned, all dates cancelled
LOL

Tight race for opening day:
Currently online players

PC: 62,179 (24h peak: 62,179)

XBOXONE: 75,048 (24h peak: 75,048)

PS4: 74,458 (24h peak: 74,458)

Total: 211,685

Friday (real release) stats is what'll be most interesting. For now we got early copies on consoles as well as the "Early Enlister" so over the weekend we'll have proper stats.

LOL so that's an actual thing! I saw a picture somewhere earlier and assumed it was a clickbait webstite.

Finally hoping in, my night is planned, all dates cancelled
LOL

Currently online players

These numbers alone will ensure early release editions will become commonplace now. Thanks a lot you guys
I'm mad jelly here

Schlorgan

Friday (real release) stats is what'll be most interesting. For now we got early copies on consoles as well as the "Early Enlister" so over the weekend we'll have proper stats.

That's a pretty good number for Early Enlisters (especially on PS4 where there's no trial).

Tecnniqe

Banned
That's a pretty good number for Early Enlisters (especially on PS4 where there's no trial).

For sure, but its hard to tell if how many are which. But looking on the PC version its far more crazy now than it was last night.

I laughed quite bad today actually, when 2 snipers on each side of the map tried to kill each other while constantly typing "Snipcuck Cucmper" to each other and flaming.

Glorious display of people chilling down extra cash just to flame each other for doing the exact same thing.

Shady859

Got a Bartek Bludgeon legendary puzzle piece and a bunch of ugly skins (2 for same gun) in my enlister crates.

These numbers alone will ensure early release editions will become commonplace now. Thanks a lot you guys
I'm mad jelly here

NBA 2K and now this, no turning back now just give them your pay to play fee. I've said forever that THIS model is how they finally get people to switch to buying digital with a timed exclusive.

Piggus

I wouldn't expect framerate to be all that much better with the PS4 Pro considering the issues here are very likely to be CPU-related. Resolution and visuals will be better, but the Pro's CPU is still going to be an issue for a CPU-bound game like this.

Tovarisc

I wouldn't expect framerate to be all that much better with the PS4 Pro considering the issues here are very likely to be CPU-related. Resolution and visuals will be better, but the Pro's CPU is still going to be an issue for a CPU-bound game like this.

If console version utilizes HW even remotely same as PC version does then you can be sure that game is extremely CPU bound on consoles. Game is capping out OC'd Skylakes.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How does takedown method work when both are stabbing? First to 4 or something? I noticed he only stabbed me 3 times but my screen flashed 4 so unless it just skipped his animation on one of the stabs I wasn't sure how the result occurs. Similar to the old BF games? Can't really remember myself.

lgRBCM8.gif

Animator

I don't know how to describe it but playing this game ultra settings on PC is unlike an experience I ever had with a game before.

There are so many amazing sandbox moments that randomly happen and take your breath away. On Monte grappa yesterday some infantry running up a hill got mortared and his body fell all the way down the mountain rolling and bouncing realistically, while I was watching that a low flying bomber just destroyed the village checkpoint and the explosions looked absolutely fucking amazing. Then you have the crazy Amiens and Argonne infantry fights that are just hectic and insane looking.

This is the game that made me finally go "holy shit games have come a long way in 10 years". Hats off to DICE artists and tech wizards.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
How does takedown method work when both are stabbing? First to 4 or something? I noticed he only stabbed me 3 times but my screen flashed 4 so unless it just skipped his animation on one of the stabs I wasn't sure how the result occurs. Similar to the old BF games? Can't really remember myself.

Doesn't each melee weapon have different stats these days? Speed/damage/etc

Tovarisc

lgRBCM8.gif

Different melee weapons deal different amounts of damage. Knife is maybe weakest melee weapon you can go for. E.g. one shot from 1911 + swing from Hatchet == Kill. In case of this GIF he just spammed melee little faster and server registered his last strike first.

I would practice doing 1-2 shots from fast primary or sidearm and then just hit melee button for automatic win. Takes few seconds to execute vs. several seconds of melee spam.

Surfinn

Is it just me or is the main tank shell WAY weaker on infantry than in BF4? Seems like there's no splash damage. If I shoot the ground right below or off center around an enemy, sometimes I don't even get a hit marker. Those are currently 100% kills in BF4.

The Beard

Different melee weapons deal different amounts of damage. Knife is maybe weakest melee weapon you can go for. E.g. one shot from 1911 + swing from Hatchet == Kill. In case of this GIF he just spammed melee little faster and server registered his last strike first.

I would practice doing 1-2 shots from fast primary or sidearm and then just hit melee button for automatic win. Takes few seconds to execute vs. several seconds of melee spam.

Good eye, and advice.

Theorry

Is it just me or is the main tank shell WAY weaker on infantry than in BF4? Seems like there's no splash damage. If I shoot the ground right below or off center around an enemy, sometimes I don't even get a hit marker. Those are currently 100% kills in BF4.

Yes. But thats why you have the secondary. That is like a cannister shell for infantry. :)

bombshell

Currently online players

Like it could be seen with Hardline and Battlefront, for the first 1-2 weeks the trial that is not available on PS4 skews the numbers in favor of the other platforms.

Surfinn

Yes. But thats why you have the secondary. That is like a cannister shell for infantry. :)

Don't like that it's tied to your main supply of ammo though. I'd rather just have a cooldown for it. Kinda sucks blowing through your main shells (even if you fire cannister shell) so that by the time you're done taking out infantry you can't fire at a vehicle. This is coming from somebody with 1K+ hours in a tank in BF4.

I'm in the camp of when you fire a goddamn shell from a tank and it hits close to infantry, they should be dead. I've found myself trying to line up direct hits just to score the kill, and that's gunna take some getting used to.

xVodevil

30 minutes in and already my first crash. I think I made it longer in both the beta and the alpha before the game crashed on me.

6CwcSr9.jpg

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for me. I was so hopeful after the alpha and beta.

I've had this problem with BF3 and my 560Ti, and now with 970 while playing campaign. I've played like 60 with the beta, and 60-90 minutes of MP and no problem, today I started the campaign, and here it goes again. I'll try turning off my VGA OC, because that might be the problem, also hopefully the launch drivers will come soon.

Don't like that it's tied to your main supply of ammo though. I'd rather just have a cooldown for it. Kinda sucks blowing through your main shells (even if you fire cannister shell) so that by the time you're done taking out infantry you can't fire at a vehicle. This is coming from somebody with 1K+ hours in a tank in BF4.

I'm in the camp of when you fire a goddamn shell from a tank and it hits close to infantry, they should be dead. I've found myself trying to line up direct hits just to score the kill, and that's gunna take some getting used to.

I felt like that with the tanks in the beta. Sometimes the off target shots worked like a charm on infantry, others I was sat wondering how they'd possibly survived the gauntlet of death I thrust upon them.

I guess I'll have to experiment with the alternate ammo in Friday.

30 minutes in and already my first crash. I think I made it longer in both the beta and the alpha before the game crashed on me.

6CwcSr9.jpg

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for me. I was so hopeful after the alpha and beta.
I had this problem and I fixed it by turning off the Discord overlay.

Surfinn

I felt like that with the tanks in the beta. Sometimes the off target shots worked like a charm on infantry, others I was sat wondering how they'd possibly survived the gauntlet of death I thrust upon them.

I guess I'll have to experiment with the alternate ammo in Friday.

For sure. Is it possible to unlock an LMG or HMG for the secondary attack? I love having the LMG in BF4 with its own cooldown. So you don't have to worry about wasting valuable shots that would otherwise hit the tank that shows up to support the infantry you're killing.

The Beard

Either way, you're using a shell to take out infantry. Main shell or canister, you'll still need to reload before you can shoot an enemy tank after trying to take out infantry. Just switch ammo before shooting at infantry, it takes < 1 second.

spk

Man the game is amazing but Behemoths and the seemingly broken spawns turn CQ into a huge chore

I'm seeing guys that go 60-10 several games in a row while on foot and I don't understand how they aren't dying to random shit far more often, be it snipers, aoe, spawns, random fire/spotting, whatever

Top Bottom