• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Glassboy

Ballroom is great. Zavod was my favorite map in BF4. And this one feels the same size wise and combination of vehicles and soldiers.
I'm really excited to try this map out now. Zavod was my favorite map in BF4 too.
What are everyone's favorite maps?

I've only played battlefield 3 for like 20 minutes and I got killed a lot and lost and I could t find any action. That's my only battlefield experience but I won't a good shooter and this seems cool. Any multiplayer modes I should start with to not get too overwhelmed?

I just preordered now...

Start with Rush, IMO it makes the most "sense" when you are starting out because most of the action is happening in one direction. It's easier to read a front when there is a pretty clear divide between your side and theirs, which you don't really have in conquest.

xviper

so, are the maps good ? or trash like the one in the beta ?? and when does the Pre-load on ps4 starts for the standard edition ?? this "pre-order to play early" crap is getting annoying, they have to stop this shit

Crackbone

Operations is pretty much my goto mode. Damn it's fun.

I do think dice should give the attackers an extra set of reinforcements after you clear the first map.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
PElc4Rv.gif

Adorable.

Daffy Duck

No joke that after that PS4 test video I am thinking of selling my PS4 copy and buying it on my PC.

This game is just too good to experience it like this.

Should've done that to start with TBH.

I wonder if we'll get any performance patches.

Pretty disappointed with the PS4 framerate based on that video. Wouldn't have minded more graphical sacrifices for a more solid 60.

Anyone know if there's a day one patch? Maybe that could improve it a bit?

belvedere

Junior Butler
I didn't expect a constant 60fps, but man those consistent, long periods of low 30fps sections are really disappointing. Usually Dice gets the framerate pretty consistent by launch.

PS4 pro may be in my future.

Maximus P

What are the load times like on the PC?

I've played a bit on Xbox One and really don't mind the gameplay, but the load times and slow clunky menus are grating on me.

The Beard

so, are the maps good ? or trash like the one in the beta ?? and when does the Pre-load on ps4 starts for the standard edition ?? this "pre-order to play early" crap is getting annoying, they have to stop this shit

Every map in the game is better than Sinai Desert.

That one sentry kit is so good. Not the lmg one, but the one with the smg that has an insane rate of fire. 15 kill streak with it, I went like 42-10 that game.

Maps are amazing. Sinai is a weaker one, yes. The forest and mountain maps are absolutely incredible.

aajohnny

Is it just me or does the game kind of look blurry? Idk if it's the AA (I have TAA or whatever on) but everything in the distance is kind of blurry and not that crisp.

bombshell

Yeah I don't get how you can play when it drops from 60 to like 40s and and up/down constantly.

I'm kinda amazed how well it runs and looks on PC while performing all over the place on Console.

It helps that Rush is my favourite mode, but yeah the 64p modes seems rough in this game on console.

Schlorgan

I just ordered this for 46$ on Greenmangaming.com, does anyone know when they start sending out the codes for the game? Is it the day of?

Sometime between Wednesday and Friday, I would think. They're usually pretty good about getting them out in time for pre-loading.

What are the load times like on the PC?

I've played a bit on Xbox One and really don't mind the gameplay, but the load times and slow clunky menus are grating on me.

Pretty fast . Just install the game on an SSD so you have dibs on vehicles first. I always get a plane at the beginning of a new round.

The Beard

Except for Suez haha.

Nah, I like Suez better. I really dislike Sinai. I'm not sure why they chose that map for the Beta. It had to have had a negative impact on people who were on the fence. I was dead set on getting the game either way, but Sinai shit all over my excitement.

Sometime between Wednesday and Friday, I would think. They're usually pretty good about getting them out in time for pre-loading.

Its not a huge deal for me because I only have time to play on the weekend but I would like to preload because I want to spend as much time on the battlefield as possible.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its not a huge deal for me because I only have time to play on the weekend but I would like to preload because I want to spend as much time on the battlefield as possible.

Depends. Sometimes on release other times a few days before.
All down to their distributors.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
What's the DLC outlook? I enjoyed the beta FAR more than I expected to, having not really enjoyed a BF game since 1942, 43 to some degree and 2. Will normal edition/non-season-pass owners be fucked in the long run?

Tovarisc

What's the DLC outlook? I enjoyed the beta FAR more than I expected to, having not really enjoyed a BF game since 1942, 43 to some degree and 2. Will normal edition/non-season-pass owners be fucked in the long run?

Depends on quality of paid DLC and if server admins keep that stuff in rotation. Most BF4 servers went back to running vanilla maps quite fast because DLC map quality was rubbish.

Mahonay

Banned
First DLC maps don't hit until March.

They are giving away a free map in December.

First paid dlc is spring. Free map for everyone in December.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I told my friends about the Kolibri and one friend said he'll never get to rank 10 then a match later he wins it in a battlepack lol.

People suck at this game...

Help me take out enemy tanks!!!

Lol some people are terrible, last night I went on a full match with the same tank. Barely anyone attempted to kill me.

Shady859

PElc4Rv.gif

Adorable.

LOL so that's an actual thing! I saw a picture somewhere earlier and assumed it was a clickbait webstite.

Finally hoping in, my night is planned, all dates cancelled
LOL

Tight race for opening day:
Currently online players

PC: 62,179 (24h peak: 62,179)

XBOXONE: 75,048 (24h peak: 75,048)

PS4: 74,458 (24h peak: 74,458)

Total: 211,685

LOL so that's an actual thing! I saw a picture somewhere earlier and assumed it was a clickbait webstite.

LOL

Currently online players

It'll be interesting to see the numbers this weekend when the game is "officially" released.

Maximus P

LOL

Currently online players

Good numbers all round, considering that the game isn't fully out for a few days.

I'd suggest that the number of Xbox One players is inflated due to people still using their time on EA access.

Top Bottom