• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

tagrat

I really want to pick this up for PC, but I'm afraid that my machine won't do well at all with it. Anyone have a chance to check out a similar set up with the game?

Intel Core2Quad Q9550 at 3.4 GHz
8 GB RAM
AMD 7870 GHz edition 2 GB

andee-

Neo Member
Any Canadians here know if GreenManGaming charges tax? I'm looking to order a PC code from them and I guess with the exchange rate it'll come out to ~$60 CAD, but was wondering if they charge tax.

Surfinn

Either way, you're using a shell to take out infantry. Main shell or canister, you'll still need to reload before you can shoot an enemy tank after trying to take out infantry. Just switch ammo before shooting at infantry, it takes < 1 second.

No. You're missing my point. You only get 4-6 shots while in your main tank. If you shoot cannister shell at infantry, you're still burning through primary shell reserve.

Let me give you an example. If I shoot 6 cannister shells and get 6 infantry kills, I now have ZERO MAIN SHELLS to shoot at a tank that has 6 unfired main tank shells. That means I'll never be able to reload in time to actually shoot and do any useful damage to another tank (I still have to sit and wait for my main tank shells to regenerate from nothing, even though I didn't use them).

In BF4, the secondary attack (LMG or HMG) have their own cooldowns that are independent from the main tank shells, so you have to choose whether or not to use your main shells on infantry or not. It's a gamble because you also need those shells to do damage to a vehicle. But you always have your infantry attack with its own cooldown that doesn't affect your tank shell reserve.

Bandit1

Great OT! In this for the single player and the setting, very glad to see one of the big FPS franchises going back to a historic setting.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I've had this problem with BF3 and my 560Ti, and now with 970 while playing campaign. I've played like 60 with the beta, and 60-90 minutes of MP and no problem, today I started the campaign, and here it goes again. I'll try turning off my VGA OC, because that might be the problem, also hopefully the launch drivers will come soon.

With a 660 I had to slightly underclock to keep ALL frostbite engine games from crashing on a regular basis. Something in the engine seems to hate factory OC'd cards.

In the battlefield app, I can use my old Bf4 custom emblems for bf1. I wonder if there is going to be another way to use custom emblems other people have made in bf1.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So many people having performance issues on XB1? Been running well for me in the S. Wonder if that clock boost is helping.

Doesn't each melee weapon have different stats these days? Speed/damage/etc

Different melee weapons deal different amounts of damage. Knife is maybe weakest melee weapon you can go for. E.g. one shot from 1911 + swing from Hatchet == Kill. In case of this GIF he just spammed melee little faster and server registered his last strike first.

I would practice doing 1-2 shots from fast primary or sidearm and then just hit melee button for automatic win. Takes few seconds to execute vs. several seconds of melee spam.

I had no idea they all did different damage, I'll check some others out.

Lawrence of Arabia scout rifle is amazing.

Haven't used it yet but been caught by quite a few.

rdytoroll

Anyone know the song that plays in the main menu after some time and at the end of The Runner? The one with the heavenly voice, it's beautiful

It really depends on what your tolerance level but I wouldn't call it smooth.

Im a PS4 and PC player. Pretty picky when it comes to frame rate, and I really see no issue. It has been smooth. Some minor dips here and there, but nothing that affects game play for me.

I was actually considering upgrading my standard edition to the early enlister version so I could play tonight, but origin doesn't offer that capability or have live chat. If I have to wait for an email from them anyway I may as well wait until Friday.

AEREC

Im a PS4 and PC player. Pretty picky when it comes to frame rate, and I really see no issue. It has been smooth. Some minor dips here and there, but nothing that affects game play for me.

Ya it's playable but there are times where the slowdown interferes with the gameplay even if you don't realize it, if that makes sense.

Shady859

Finally got my first real, random battlepack (not an early enlister one) after 6 hours of playing.

Was a skin I already owned.

Only thing worse is seeing your avatar as getting a drop and THEN finding out it was someone else with your vanilla day 1 bomb avatar.

image.php

ACE 1991

I really want to pick this up for PC, but I'm afraid that my machine won't do well at all with it. Anyone have a chance to check out a similar set up with the game?

Intel Core2Quad Q9550 at 3.4 GHz
8 GB RAM
AMD 7870 GHz edition 2 GB

I think your PC is really going to struggle. If you have a current gen console, I'd get it on that.

Theorry

This is what happens when devs choose graphics over performance...

If they put graphics over performance they would have put the consoles on 1080p and locked it at 30. DICE has always said performance over graphics. But there is as much you can do with these consoles

Truant

Is the SP worth the price of the game? I know the BF series is known for its MP, but there aren't really that many WW1 games out there.

Foxxsoxx

I definitely wouldn't call it smooth... The framerate video earlier just had it to where just looking at a town in the distance brought the frames down to the 30s without anything going on.

After watching the framerate videos, considering getting a XB1 S. Yes, its just a little bit, but it looks like the game can use all the help it can get.

Hopefully the DF video will compare PS4 / XB1 / XB1S

And yes, i know PS4 Pro is coming out, but I actually just sold my PS4. I'm all in w/ Phil's vision for Xbox. Bring on Scorpio next year.

Top Bottom