• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

terrible

Banned
The Martini Henry sucks now. Why should I ever use this when the Gewehr fires about twice as fast, has five shots in the round, and kills in the same amount of bullets?

As a sweet spot sniper hater this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Sorry! Though I did just finally unlock it like a day before the nerf which is funny.

The Dude

A bad map is a bad map. No one is treating the new map as if the game is suddenly shit. No one is expecting this game to run perfectly at this point in it's life cycle.

You're being dramatic and somewhat pretentious. We, as gamers, who spent our own money, are going to have gripes after a patch and new content is released. We wouldn't be so vocal about it if we didn't like the game so much.

That's great and all if only I seen more actual compliments in general over the course of time

I just feel in general people enjoy pointing out flaws and being negative instead of tryin to keep a more positive attitude, but that's just me.

It is what it is

The Dude

Well we all obviously enjoy the game, we just praised it so much that there isn't much else to praise unless it's new content. It's great that we got a new map but the game has bigger problems that they don't even seem to address as an issue, the menu lag for example is still present after multiple patches.

Something as simple as using menus is practically broken, of course I'll complain about it because if not then it won't ever get fixed (heck it might not anyway...).

You are right though, people do focus more on the negative, but I do think that's usually done because of general passion about something, even though it usually looks like lashing out on innocent people.

Battlefield games just have a tendency to do 2 steps forward 2 steps back.

I hear ya, but it to me doesn't come across as passion. Its simply a way of how forums are and its hard to explain. Maybe it's the cold nature of text on a screen, but I been around forums now since the days of bbs's and gaming forums the last 15 years progressively continue to have just nonstop complaints it seems more than positives, that's just my general feeling overall. I get people want to voice their dislike but I wish then I could read more positives, it's like sometimes I read what people write and I wonder why they're playing what they're playing with the extent of disappointments.

I get annoyed at things to in games, but when I enjoy it I try to alway enforce it so that I'm not that guy who comes across as the guy who complains about it but plays it nonstop.

terrible

Banned
hYRa7zy.gif

You can almost run and gun with LMGs now. Well, at least against people that don't shoot back.

Well I gave Medic a good shot. Really enjoyed helping out my teammates for the 20+ hours playing that class but I'm ready to be selfish and kill shit for awhile. I just found no guns I enjoyed in that class.

terrible

Banned
Hell, I've been playing like that as Support w/ the MG-15 since the game launched.

I'd die 9 times out of 10 head to head if the other guy shot back even if I got the drop on them before. Considering the TTK is unchanged it's surprising that it seems different now but hey, I won't complain.

The BAR feels a hell of a lot better to me

I haven't liked the BAR since it was nerfed last patch. Will try it out later since I haven't touched it after this patch though.

The BAR feels a hell of a lot better to me
It feels like it takes one less bullet to kill in close ranges. I was also killing people from far away comfortably. The Huot didn't feel like trash when I used it as well.

Welp you said what I was saying while I writing out my post lol
I'd die 9 times out of 10 head to head if the other guy shot back even if I got the drop on them before. Considering the TTK is unchanged it's surprising that it seems different now but hey, I won't complain.

I haven't liked the BAR since it was nerfed last patch. Will try it out later since I haven't touched it after this patch though.
It was still great even after the "nerf."

Don't know how I feel about the Giant's Shadow for Conquest. I'll have to give it time, I guess, but first impression is not so hot. The boundary for planes is pretty small. I can't do strafe runs like I usually do unless I fly in the direction the Zeppelin is laying down, if that makes sense.

terrible

Banned
It feels like it takes one less bullet to kill in close ranges. I was also killing people from far away comfortably. The Huot didn't feel like trash when I used it as well.

Welp you said what I was saying while I writing out my post lol

It was still great even after the "nerf."

Are you on PC or console? The movement spread penalty and extra horizontal recoil made it yucky to me on console. On PC I'd imagine it to be less of an issue.

The Martini Henry sucks now. Why should I ever use this when the Gewehr fires about twice as fast, has five shots in the round, and kills in the same amount of bullets?

I think I'm ok with the nerf, and I'm an avid user of it. It's still very good imo. Just aim for the head or upper torso 😬
Only downside: I've been getting a lot less long range kills with it, but that gun never really was about long range, so that's fine to me.

Kal

How bad is it? Looking at the patch notes it seems the sweet spot hasn't changed and as long as you hit the upper body (excluding arms) it should still be a one hit kill? Or have I read that wrong?

I have a mic but its an hour later over here and Can't risk waking up my Gf.

Anyways my Psn is Origin-7k so feel free to add me.

I'll add you but if I forget add Luvs_2_Squidge to your friends list.
We've got a group chat with nearly 70 people and a community with nearly 170 so there is always games going on.

Anyway last night I tested all three shotties......

All three are absolutely OHKO at around 10m - 15m. Without fail. ADS and blam. The sound of the 12g is arousing as hell.

Model 10 is STILL broken from long range, hilariously I got like 5 stupid range kills in a row last night which is WAY more than I used to get. Cheers DICE.

I bitched like hell from close range because nothing was happening.... then I found out I still had fucking Eastenders streaming on BBC Iplayer....

In short - patch actually made the Model 10 MORE powerful from range. Still got the same amount of kills.

Vorheez

What's the consensus on the sweeper? I used it for the first time and was pretty happy with it. The range was shit, but it tears it up close range

I'm 100% sure they changed something about the dynamic weather effects with this patch. Every match I play on almost every map has that awful fog I can't stand. I primarily play the smaller game types like TDM, Domination or Rush and the fog was barely present before this update.
Ok we get it Dice, it's all about immersion, but fuck your fog, I hate it.

Regarding the PS4 PRO, it runs much much better than before. Menus, framerate, everything.

What's up with the map rotation? If I select Conquest from the Quickmatch menu and get to play Giants Shadow, the following match is on Giants Shadow as well. Happens every time. All other maps are followed by a different map.

Brohan

I'll add you but if I forget add Luvs_2_Squidge to your friends list.
We've got a group chat with nearly 70 people and a community with nearly 170 so there is always games going on.

Thanks! I'll look for the community as well. Is it a Battlefield specific community or like a UKGaf community for multiple games?

Looking forward to playing some games with you all.

Thanks! I'll look for the community as well. Is it a Battlefield specific community or like a UKGaf community for multiple games?

Looking forward to playing some games with you all.

It's a BF1 UK community at the moment (I believe) but it can easily be altered once more games come out.

Just be ready on the party screen at 22:00 and you'll see the party go up. It fills quite fast usually.

Theorry

Overall pretty good patch. But mad about the Martini fix/nerf.
Sure the multiplier was wrong. But that made the gun good after all but still skill needed to use with the low velocity, 1 bullet and iron sights. Now its constant 96,97.98 damage. So with fixing a bug they killed a nice gun.

Sure the multiplier was wrong. But that made the gun good after all but still skill needed to use with the low velocity, 1 bullet and iron sights. Now its constant 96,97.98 damage. So with fixing a bug they killed a nice gun.

This was my big fear about the model 10 although thankfully they made it more potent from long range.

I did notice last night I was getting one banged ALOT by the SMLE marksman.... Not sure if they changed that at all?

The Dude

Yea same, overall good but my beef is with the tail gun in planes. I'm still doing good but right now after a day with it I've noticed if a plane is half health and they don't get the jump on someone and a serious jump, they're dead. Also guys now will just ram you in hopes to just kill you, when before sometimes guys who charge you could shoot them down. Basically my fear with their tailgunner change is what happened, but it is what it is, I simply hope they adjust in next patch even at a halfway point.

Brohan

This was my big fear about the model 10 although thankfully they made it more potent from long range.

I did notice last night I was getting one banged ALOT by the SMLE marksman.... Not sure if they changed that at all?

I don't think they changed the SMLE in any way but since the sweet spot of the SMLE starts at 40m (instead of 30m like the martini) and since it did not get the body parts nerf that the martini did(afaik) i kind of figured it would become the new martini by default if they nerfed the martini a bit too hard. Which is exactly what happened.

Theorry

I don't think they changed the SMLE in any way but since the sweet spot of the SMLE starts at 40m and since it did not get the body parts nerf that the martini did(afaik) i kind of figured it would become the new martini by default if they nerfed the martini a bit too hard. Which is exactly what happened.

It did not get nerf because it was already using the multiplier for some body parts wich the Martini got now. Martini had a higher multiplier first for some body parts. Resulting in it being pretty good. But it was balanced. Now there isnt really a point to use it. Because other snipers, shoot faster and have higher velocity. And the all have now the "correct" multipliers. :)

Brohan

It did not get nerf because it was already using the multiplier for some body parts wich the Martini got now. Martini had a higher multiplier first for some body parts. Resulting in it being pretty good. But it was balanced. Now there isnt really a point to use it. Because other sniper, shoot faster and have higher velocity. :)

So it really was a bug for the Martini then. Anyways i get why alot of martini players would go to the SMLE now. I think the SMLE is the best sniper on paper now although i much prefer to use the M95.

Theorry

So it really was a bug for the Martini then. Anyways i get why alot of martini players would go to the SMLE now. I think the SMLE is the best sniper on paper now although i much prefer to use the M95.

Yeah it was using 1.0 multiplier fpr arms, lower torso where others snipers have it at 0.9.
Its using 0.9 now also.

Ravek

Banned
Well I gave Medic a good shot. Really enjoyed helping out my teammates for the 20+ hours playing that class but I'm ready to be selfish and kill shit for awhile. I just found no guns I enjoyed in that class.

I'm trying to seriously play Medic now for the first time, but I'm running into the same problem in that none of the guns really work for me and how I play. Maybe something will click with me soon.

I'm trying to seriously play Medic now for the first time, but I'm running into the same problem in that none of the guns really work for me and how I play. Maybe something will click with me soon.

Personally I can't stand any of the guns either.

Still level 0 with the Medic class. I simply cannot get to grips with any of them.

Also I hate reviving my squad mates. I prefer watching them suffer

Ravek

Banned
Personally I can't stand any of the guns either.

Still level 0 with the Medic class. I simply cannot get to grips with any of them.

Also I hate reviving my squad mates. I prefer watching them suffer

Lol!

I'm level 2 with Medic and it has sort of felt like a chore at this point.

I still like to try and throw med bags in front of snipers laying down on the ground

Theorry

Ones you play with the Autoloader extended a whole new world goes open.
Great gun for pushing flags and still be pretty decent at range.

Have they tinkered with the main machine gun for the attack plane vs infantry? Seems weaker to me.

Still managed to get a tail-gun switch kill yesterday, though, despite the nerf.

Top Bottom