• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
What I mean is that DICE needs to remove foggy weather from the randomized weather system, at least on the new maps. Or at least give it a different visual effect (like the sandstorm on Sinai). It just feels like EVERY map has a fog variant and I don't find them to be very fun at all.

why don't some maps have nighttime variants instead?
I think the fog is awesome. Adds a mad level of atmosphere when you're in a town or around buildings and you can hear an enemy stomping around. Plus it gives you some respite from all the snipers and planes wrecking your ass lol.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
wtf Dice, why are you limiting medic ? reanimating now takes few milliseconds longer

they looked at their stats and numbers and found that medics dont revive people anyway, they see a dead person, get close to them and run right past them. I am sure they found it just as bizarre as we do so they probably thought lets actually give them a reason not to revive anyone. At least now it would make sense.

Surfinn

I think the fog is awesome. Adds a mad level of atmosphere when you're in a town or around buildings and you can't hear an enemy stomping around. Plus it gives you some respite from all the snipers and planes wrecking your ass lol.

I actually really love the fog but only because it gives me a huge advantage against infantry and planes in a tank, haha. Looks pretty cool too. It's kind of fun to not know what's in front of you.

Turkoop

Banned
they looked at their stats and numbers and found that medics dont revive people anyway, they see a dead person, get close to them and run right past them. I am sure they found it just as bizarre as we do so they probably thought lets actually give them a reason not to revive anyone. At least now it would make sense.

thats stupid. They should create new ways why people should revive their team mates, more XP or ban if you play as medic but have not revived someone within 1 minute or so.

Donos

The patch broke the bipod on LMGs? WTF

? Just played an hour with MG 15 and don't know what you mean. When in prone or at a window, recoil is still noticeably reduced.

Edit: ^^Ah, is see. Never used the MG with the sight before. MG15 light hasn't one too.

Lender

Is it me or do conquering flags in conquest gives you way more points? I've been 1600-1800 quite a lot now just for conquering a flag. Even a +2000 at one point.

rainz

Anyone know if the new patch re-enabled multiplayer for EA Access members using their trial hours? Seems to be borked last week and i have a bunch of hours i wanted to use up still..

Chill. People who literally use anti aircraft guns to shoot down planes?
Yes. If you've done a couple of successful bombing runs, someone will sit in an AA gun for the rest of the game until they are killed off of it. I use fog as a cover to do bombing runs. This is a tactic I use with attck planes since I don't really have problems taking out AA guns in a fighter plane.

Lender

Great way to start your first game on the new map: in the densest fog i've ever seen in BF1. Seriously, I couldn't see 10m in front of me.

battlefield112.13.201olpoy.jpg

*edit* Just noticed the chat as well. That dude was on fire the entire game. I don't get certain people...

The Dude

Yes. If you've done a couple of successful bombing runs, someone will sit in an AA gun for the rest of the game until they are killed off of it. I use fog as a cover to do bombing runs. This is a tactic I use with attck planes since I don't really have problems taking out AA guns in a fighter plane.

Yea, those guns are annoying.... Especially the sound effects when they start hitting, it grates my nerves. But all it takes is for me to see it once and I will kill them, I will swoop out around and sneak up on them and kill them and the gun, it's always the greatest feeling.

PopeReal

How do you smoke screen in tank?

In my artillery truck it is right on the control pad (PS4). I assume it is the same for a tank. But I am a truck driver in this game. So much fun.

EDIT: If I buy premium today, I will get the new map now? Is it worth it? I assume it buys other future maps as well?

Brohan

In my artillery truck it is right on the control pad (PS4). I assume it is the same for a tank. But I am a truck driver in this game. So much fun.

EDIT: If I buy premium today, I will get the new map now? Is it worth it? I assume it buys other future maps as well?

Cheapest way to get the map now is to buy a Hellfighter Pack Code for the PS4 from a keyshop. I think it's only like 2€.

Giant's Shadow is right up there with Fao. In fact, it could very well be worse. What a HORRIBLE fucking map.

Straight line? Check.

Little to no cover? Check.

Why does DICE keep designing maps like this?

TheRed

Giant's Shadow is right up there with Fao. In fact, it could very well be worse. What a HORRIBLE fucking map.

Straight line? Check.

I haven't played the game in over a month and came back to check out Giant's Shadow. Played a few minutes and yeah it seems pretty boring and visually pretty boring too. Meh

Hope the expansions are way better and interesting.

Straight line? Check.

I was just going to post that. Plus all the points are on one side of the map clearly favouring one team over the other. It's map design 101 for Christ sakes. Do they have students making these maps? complete shit

taoofjord

Wow, played more of the new map and I never want to play it again. Poorly designed, a lazy reuse of art assets, and the ultra thick fog absolutely kills any semblance of fun you could have. This is coming from someone who tends to turn off my brain and just play the whole rotation in pretty much every game (and also enjoys all the maps that came with the game at launch).

Do people find themselves messing with controller sensitivity on consoles? The game just doesn't feel...right. I don't know what to do, but it seems like there's massive controller lag.

How do people adjust for it or try to tweak it?

taoofjord

Anyone noticing a lower res on the Pro on a 4K TV with this patch? The res seemed higher pre-patch.

Do people find themselves messing with controller sensitivity on consoles? The game just doesn't feel...right. I don't know what to do, but it seems like there's massive controller lag.

How do people adjust for it or try to tweak it?

It's because the game uses more of a dual zone acceleration instead of an exponential curve.

Try:
Soldier stick 35%
Zoom 60%

The Dude

Controls never felt off to me, a couple small tweaks but nothing major.

I know a lot of people are just busting Dices balls but still, this game is awesome in so many ways. They aren't gonna be perfect, but so much of the game is done right. So while I get complaints I just feel the game does way more than wrong atm.

150 hours and just trucking

PopeReal

I know a lot of people are just busting Dices balls but still, this game is awesome in so many ways. They aren't gonna be perfect, but so much of the game is done right. So while I get complaints I just feel the game does way more than wrong atm.

Yep. Every game has issues but this is just so much fucking fun.

The Dude

I know it's their job to make awesome maps and have perfect games with no bugs etc... But still, when people rip into these devs I just wish once, just once I could snap my fingers and swap them and see how they do and if it's absolute perfection on all spectrum. Perfect maps, perfect patches, perfect performance... I just guess I realize games aren't ever perfect, but I look at the body of the game and when you have a game that's 90% awesome I just sort of wait patiently for those other things to be fixed and tweaked.

terrible

Banned
The controls gripe is legit. Everything felt perfect in BF4 and then they made them less responsive in BF1. Makes no sense. Why break something that was perfect? BF4 seriously has the best controls for a shooter on console ever imo.

Orcus

Got to level 10 recon last night, wake up and find out the Martini got nerfed before ever using it

Bummer

So, I'm still at work and haven't tried the post-Nerf Martini yet, but from the patch notes it doesn't sound too bad, which conflicts with the reactions and consensus here of it's worthless now.

Fixed Martini-Henry dealing too much damage to most body parts. It is now affected by a 0.9 multiplier to the lower torso and upper arms and a 0.75 multiplier to the legs and forearms, like the other rifles with sweet-spot mechanics

Martini-Henry now resupplies 5 bullets at a time

I see the resupply as a non-issue, and the actual Nerf doesn't sound that bad as upper body and head shots should still be a OHK in 30-80 m. Maybe it's the extra health they have for non-body shots up close make it harder to finish with the primary? I guess I'll find out how many lower body shots I've been getting a OHK for tonight. Anyone with time using it have a clarification?

Foxxsoxx

I know it's their job to make awesome maps and have perfect games with no bugs etc... But still, when people rip into these devs I just wish once, just once I could snap my fingers and swap them and see how they do and if it's absolute perfection on all spectrum. Perfect maps, perfect patches, perfect performance... I just guess I realize games aren't ever perfect, but I look at the body of the game and when you have a game that's 90% awesome I just sort of wait patiently for those other things to be fixed and tweaked.

I know devs have it hard, and I love BF to death, but it blows my mind how glitchy, buggy, and all around broken some of the stuff in the games are.

Dice can do some solid gameplay and are wizards with graphics but they really fuck it up when it comes to polishing basic features.

RoKKeR

Went from hating the new map to really liking it. Maybe a bit too linear and open, but makes for some fun standoffs and good flanking opportunities.

The Dude

I know devs have it hard, and I love BF to death, but it blows my mind how glitchy, buggy, and all around broken some of the stuff in the games are.

Dice can do some solid gameplay and are wizards with graphics but they really fuck it up when it comes to polishing basic features.

I know but there are other games that I think start off way worse. I just think it's a lot, a hell of a lot of stuff to get just right without other problems sometimes rearing their head.

For me I guess these days I just sort of tire of seeing everyone so upset nonstop on forums to such degree, like it's just anything and everything... And for me I get people annoyed but very rare do I see "well this sucks but hey I'm having a blast anyways". I don't know, just is a lot of entitlement to me at least it seems.

I'm not condoning when games have issues, but I do feel people need to stop expecting perfection. Because it's just not gonna happen.

But it does just get a bit tiresome when it seems people will harp more on negative nonstop rather get excited about the good and enjoyable things a game has to offer.

Daigoro

Have they fixed the dpad gas mask bullshit. Half the time I push right I put the stupid gas mask on. So many unnecessary death.

they have tweaked it yes (its in the patch notes). only played for a few hours today, but i think it was better. of course i still had the glitch where i couldn't visually tell if my mask was on or off, but thats a different issue.

WillyFive

New map is great. Glad they made that big open single player level into a map.

Not sure which map you guys were playing, it's not linear at all.

Surfinn

New map is great. Glad they made that big open single player level into a map.

Not sure which map you guys were playing, it's not linear at all.
I'm mixed. The middle of the map is fantastic, hectic action but the areas surrounding those two points need some buildings or more elevation changes. Way too much open map.

WillyFive

I'm mixed. The middle of the map is fantastic, hectic action but the areas surrounding those two points need some buildings or more elevation changes. Way too much open map.

Why too open? It's filled with buildings and hills, and later in the game the ground gets deformed immensely.

The middle part is ok, seems like an oven where nothing but death leaves it; the whole map reminds me of a less linear Zavod from BF4.

👌

Ravek

Banned

A bad map is a bad map. No one is treating the new map as if the game is suddenly shit. No one is expecting this game to run perfectly at this point in it's life cycle.

You're being dramatic and somewhat pretentious. We, as gamers, who spent our own money, are going to have gripes after a patch and new content is released. We wouldn't be so vocal about it if we didn't like the game so much.

Foxxsoxx

I know but there are other games that I think start off way worse. I just think it's a lot, a hell of a lot of stuff to get just right without other problems sometimes rearing their head.

For me I guess these days I just sort of tire of seeing everyone so upset nonstop on forums to such degree, like it's just anything and everything... And for me I get people annoyed but very rare do I see "well this sucks but hey I'm having a blast anyways". I don't know, just is a lot of entitlement to me at least it seems.

I'm not condoning when games have issues, but I do feel people need to stop expecting perfection. Because it's just not gonna happen.

But it does just get a bit tiresome when it seems people will harp more on negative nonstop rather get excited about the good and enjoyable things a game has to offer.

Well we all obviously enjoy the game, we just praised it so much that there isn't much else to praise unless it's new content. It's great that we got a new map but the game has bigger problems that they don't even seem to address as an issue, the menu lag for example is still present after multiple patches.

Something as simple as using menus is practically broken, of course I'll complain about it because if not then it won't ever get fixed (heck it might not anyway...).

You are right though, people do focus more on the negative, but I do think that's usually done because of general passion about something, even though it usually looks like lashing out on innocent people.

Battlefield games just have a tendency to do 2 steps forward 2 steps back.

Ravek

Banned
Well we all obviously enjoy the game, we just praised it so much that there isn't much else to praise unless it's new content. It's great that we got a new map but the game has bigger problems that they don't even seen to address as an issue, the menu lag for example is still present after multiple patches.

Something as simple as using menus is practically broken, of course I'll complain about it because if not then it won't ever get fixed (heck it might not anyway...).

You are right though, people do focus more on the negative, but I do think that's usually done because of general passion about something, even though it usually looks like lashing out on innocent people.

This.

MchugN

Took a couple weeks off to play through FFXV & TLG. Played a little BF tonight and it felt good coming back, imo the new map isn't the shitshow everybody is making it out to be. I'll take it.

Also, the Pro version seems to be running pretty good again.

The Martini Henry sucks now. Why should I ever use this when the Gewehr fires about twice as fast, has five shots in the round, and kills in the same amount of bullets?

Top Bottom