• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

So they fucked one of the greatest rifle in any multiplayer game ever: the Martini.... It's fucking useless now.

I'm with you bro. The fear I had about the model 10,.....

The level 10 gun should always be the best imo

So uh, is there a Gaf ps4 community? If so how would one get into it? I'm getting sick of playing solo.

Add Luvs_2_Squidge to psn.
I'll add you to the 70 man group chat.

We play every night 22:00 UK time but there are always people on. Proper friendly community.

The Dude

Have they tinkered with the main machine gun for the attack plane vs infantry? Seems weaker to me.

Still managed to get a tail-gun switch kill yesterday, though, despite the nerf.

Same but it Damn near forever it seemed to bring them down. If you're low healthy they'll either ram you now or you're dead, a few times prior to the nerf there were times I was low healthy and still brought someone down which I think is fair if they couldn't hit me well enough. But now, it's guaranteed death a lot of the time.

Hit 29 service stars tho with my plane so all still good for the most part

bosseye

I hit one service star with the Hunter 10.
Just hit 4 stars with the Hellreigel.
I have 5 (count 'em and weep losers) with the Automatico.

Oh yeeeeeeaaah, now I'm rollin' wit' da big dogz.

Donos

I hit one service star with the Hunter 10.
Just hit 4 stars with the Hellreigel.
I have 5 (count 'em and weep losers) with the Automatico.

Oh yeeeeeeaaah, now I'm rollin' wit' da big dogz.

You are closing in on disagree guy. He better watch out.

emrober5

This finally came in from cyber Monday, playing on PS4 Pro this game looks fantastic! I really sucked myself one and only match I played though

Omg hax.

I'm going to have to put the hours in I see. Also I'll need new less spazzy hands and better reaction times. Watch this space.

Yeah my reaction times on average are around 22m/s from testing haha

I think you'll find that if you start being 'a no skill n00b' you'll rake up the kills with the model 10.

Just got this last week, and finished the SP campaign yesterday. I hopped on a couple of games on MP, and I'm having a really hard time. I've been playing a lot of Titanfall 2 so I'm probably applying a more fast-pace approach here that's causing me to die a lot.

Tried Operations for a couple of games, and mostly did okay. I find that playing defense is tough because so many people don't play the objectives (almost half our team in one game were snipers that barely got kills to protect the sectors). I also can't tell how large the defense points are so I end up sitting in the middle of it getting killed right away because of lack of cover.

Also tried Domination and TDM, and I felt like those were a bit more manageable.

Do you guys have any general beginner tips? My biggest problem is not knowing where I could be shot from so will I just become more familiar as I keep playing?

What about loadouts? I've mostly used the assault and support classes. What should I use my warbonds on?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tried the patch last night: I couldnt believe it, the matchmaker actually found me an Operations game to play!
Also a bunch of audio issues, but im cool.

Crumpo

The level 10 gun should always be the best imo.

I, uh, disagree. Giving the "best" (I assume you mean objectively, like it's OP) gun to the people who play the most and grind locks out the fun for the 95% who cant be arsed to grind, or dont have time, or who switch classes lots.

No gun should be OP but imo if so then the n00bs should get it, not the experts.

Do you guys have any general beginner tips? My biggest problem is not knowing where I could be shot from so will I just become more familiar as I keep playing?

What about loadouts? I've mostly used the assault and support classes. What should I use my warbonds on?

Give us some hints on what sort of play style you want to try? There are people here that excel in just about every type of play so somebody will be able to give you some top class advice.

For Assault you'll want to be in the thick of the battle so don't be put off if you die alot of times. Personally I use model 10 hunter shotgun as its the best one.

For Support you'll want to stay back mid-range and keep suppressive fire down from positions. Trying to go toe-toe will leave you empty handed.

The Dude

Just got this last week, and finished the SP campaign yesterday. I hopped on a couple of games on MP, and I'm having a really hard time. I've been playing a lot of Titanfall 2 so I'm probably applying a more fast-pace approach here that's causing me to die a lot.

Tried Operations for a couple of games, and mostly did okay. I find that playing defense is tough because so many people don't play the objectives (almost half our team in one game were snipers that barely got kills to protect the sectors). I also can't tell how large the defense points are so I end up sitting in the middle of it getting killed right away because of lack of cover.

Also tried Domination and TDM, and I felt like those were a bit more manageable.

Learning maps and choke points are the best things to do overall. The key to this game is learning how to keep the battle in front of you, work with your team, take cover, scan situations etc.... Unlike titanfall 2 and just call it duty style games in general Battlefield truly offers a battle, this game requires a great sense of your surroundings. This game is slow but still fast, it just requires one to slow down but think quick. Very rewarding game once you learn it

Learning maps and choke points are the best things to do overall. The key to this game is learning how to keep the battle in front of you, work with your team, take cover, scan situations etc.... Unlike titanfall 2 and just call it duty style games in general Battlefield truly offers a battle, this game requires a great sense of your surroundings. This game is slow but still fast, it just requires one to slow down but think quick. Very rewarding game once you learn it

This man knows ^

It's arguably the most tactical yet reasonably paced shooter I've played in years. It's a perfect balance between Rainbow 6 and CoD in my opinion.

You need to play smart to get the advantage on your opponents but the pay-off is brilliant. If you aimlessly run about you will get picked off.

ron_bato

So i just ran 1 round with the model 10a hunter, and if no one told me it was nerfed, i wouldnt have known. It still plays pretty much the same to me.

Same but it Damn near forever it seemed to bring them down. If you're low healthy they'll either ram you now or you're dead, a few times prior to the nerf there were times I was low healthy and still brought someone down which I think is fair if they couldn't hit me well enough. But now, it's guaranteed death a lot of the time.

Hit 29 service stars tho with my plane
so all still good for the most part
Breh, 400 kills in two days. Teach me your ways.

Glassboy

If the level 10 guns were always the best we would have nothing but people only playing with level 10 guns. I'm glad the martini got nerfed. It's annoyingly getting OHK'd by any shot that wasn't a headshot. Playing against a team of martinis is Hell. It feels like playing COD and everyone is running around quick scoping.

Donos

As a beginner, cover/prone is most important on the bigger maps. Snipers and wannabe snipers (Mondragon users) and Bipod Support users will take you out from faaar away on the more open maps / parts of the big maps. I would recommend getting incendiary grenades.

I have to play Domination / smaller maps (without vehicles) with friends alot since they don't like the big maps but Battlefield is really about the big maps mayhem (operations 40 player / conquest 64 players). You will get a hang the the flow of the maps pretty fast.

So i just ran 1 round with the model 10a hunter, and if no one told me it was nerfed, i wouldnt have known. It still plays pretty much the same to me.

image.php

Literally my face when I discovered this too

Donos

200.gif

Only played 1 hour of Support yesterday (starting to love the MG 15, crossbow is okayish) so i had no time to test it. I think i'm 3 kills short of my 7th service star for the M10A.

Only played 1 hour of Support yesterday (starting to love the MG 15, crossbow is okayish) so i had no time to test it. I think i'm 3 kills short of my 7th service star for the M10A.

Respect to that.

Keep it up buddy. I think you might even be in the top 100 in the UK with that many haha

The Dude

Just hop in that bad boy and go :p when I first started flying it was so hilariously bad. I honestly couldn't understand how anyone did anything, but it then clicked for me. Which is typically how it works for me, when it clicks, oh it clicks

Give us some hints on what sort of play style you want to try? There are people here that excel in just about every type of play so somebody will be able to give you some top class advice.

For Assault you'll want to be in the thick of the battle so don't be put off if you die alot of times. Personally I use model 10 hunter shotgun as its the best one.

For Support you'll want to stay back mid-range and keep suppressive fire down from positions. Trying to go toe-toe will leave you empty handed.

I'm open to most playstyles, but I guess I'm usually more aggressive in general. I actually tried the scout class for a bit, but my aim isn't that good, and I don't know the good positions to snipe. What about the medic class?

Right, that's what I've gathered. For the bolded, I've been joining squads, but I couldn't tell if my squadmates were good or not. In one of the Operations games, one squad had four snipers, and they were so far away from the defense points so it seemed like they weren't playing the objective at all. Our team ended up getting stomped halfway through the second wave.

Also, what's the best way to work with the rest of the team outside of squads?

Xyber

After having played with the M10H for about an hour yesterday, I can definitely feel the range nerf a bit. Ranges where I could kill someone with like 3-shots before is definitely not doable anymore. It still has a fairly long 1-shot range, but it doesn't wreck people really far away like it did before.

Sometimes you can have a really good day in a vehicle. This was from a quite a long play session in the same Rush server where fucking no one did anything to actually stop me. And while it's definitely easier to get many kills with a tank than a plane, I just sat there laughing my ass off at the few people who did try to stop me (with very little success) while the rest were just constantly sniping.

3eN8U8i.png

After having played with the M10H for about an hour yesterday, I can definitely feel the range nerf a bit. Ranges where I could kill someone with like 3-shots before is definitely not doable anymore. It still has a fairly long 1-shot range, but it doesn't wreck people really far away like it did before.

I'd have to disagree. Where I usually got one or two a night, last night I was intentionally going for ridiculous long shots and I got 5 of my first 5 kills at stupid range.

I laughed my arse off.

Then on the next game I started playing normally again

I'm open to most playstyles, but I guess I'm usually more aggressive in general. I actually tried the scout class for a bit, but my aim isn't that good, and I don't know the good positions to snipe. What about the medic class?

Personally I hate medic but our medic Redders normally ALWAYS gets top of the game. I can't help with that. Aggressive assault is my bag.

I literally just do laps of whatever objective I'm going to be defending, never stop sprinting, try to stay near cover, always try to get in close. You'll want to use the MP18 at first until you unlock any of the other SMG or the model 10 hunter shotgun.

When you see a tank - go for it. Dynamite (3 sticks) and a couple anti-tank grenades, will take out any tank for high experience. You'll rank up in no time. Only move in between cannon fire and always cover to cover. So easy to flank them.

The Dude

Right, that's what I've gathered. For the bolded, I've been joining squads, but I couldn't tell if my squadmates were good or not. In one of the Operations games, one squad had four snipers, and they were so far away from the defense points so it seemed like they weren't playing the objective at all. Our team ended up getting stomped halfway through the second wave.

Also, what's the best way to work with the rest of the team outside of squads?

Just working objectives, always be in a squad but you can work the map a bit. Pick a few capture points to work with, maybe 2 you can traverse back and forth to, your squad will spawn on you as your taking capture points etc... Maybe you'll want to start taking out tanks, or piloting, or be a tank driver, there's a lot of little areas to work on and try to accel in. Imho play it how it feels best and see what works, the only play style I simply advise against is going on a hill side and just sitting there trying to snipe.. But overall just working objectives and trying to get kills is how I go about it

Don't worry about kills as much as other games and focus on communication with your sqad and taking on objectives. It's really hard to know where you will die from in BF games because of all the snipers and it's even easier to snipe in this one. Lookj for scopes glaring in the distance and reposition while using lots of cover. If you see a tank, respect it but try to destroy it. Your long range AT is kind of shit so you will need to be sneaky and get close. The matches are crazy and chaotic and can be great fun when in a decent squad. Take your time, learn the maps/classes/vehicles and come to terms with the fact that you will die when playing the objective. BF games are like nothing else. Have fun. If i still had it, i'd play with you

Personally I hate medic but our medic Redders normally ALWAYS gets top of the game. I can't help with that. Aggressive assault is my bag.

I literally just do laps of whatever objective I'm going to be defending, never stop sprinting, try to stay near cover, always try to get in close. You'll want to use the MP18 at first until you unlock any of the other SMG or the model 10 hunter shotgun.

When you see a tank - go for it. Dynamite (3 sticks) and a couple anti-tank grenades, will take out any tank for high experience. You'll rank up in no time. Only move in between cannon fire and always cover to cover. So easy to flank them.

Okay, yeah I've had the most success with the MP18. I was using the anti-tank rifle, but I'll use dynamite instead.

Just working objectives, always be in a squad but you can work the map a bit. Pick a few capture points to work with, maybe 2 you can traverse back and forth to, your squad will spawn on you as your taking capture points etc... Maybe you'll want to start taking out tanks, or piloting, or be a tank driver, there's a lot of little areas to work on and try to accel in. Imho play it how it feels best and see what works, the only play style I simply advise against is going on a hill side and just sitting there trying to snipe.. But overall just working objectives and trying to get kills is how I go about it

Sounds good. It seems like I wasn't really doing anything wrong when I played yesterday. Just dying a ton, and getting stuck with bad teams. I think I had the most success when I became a squad leader and actually gave out orders.

Don't worry about kills as much as other games and focus on communication with your sqad and taking on objectives. It's really hard to know where you will die from in BF games because of all the snipers and it's even easier to snipe in this one. Lookj for scopes glaring in the distance and reposition while using lots of cover. If you see a tank, respect it but try to destroy it. Your long range AT is kind of shit so you will need to be sneaky and get close. The matches are crazy and chaotic and can be great fun when in a decent squad. Take your time, learn the maps/classes/vehicles and come to terms with the fact that you will die when playing the objective. BF games are like nothing else. Have fun. If i still had it, i'd play with you

LOL, yeah that's probably my biggest concern - dying too much. I'll try not to worry about it.

Also, I'll hop in on some TF2 games here and there.

The Dude

You can definitely be wary of your kd ratio as well as long as it doesn't trump objectives. Personally I'm a kd guy, it's my own personal gage of how I feel I'm doing in terms of combat. So while I know a lot of Battlefield players say don't care about it, I say care about it as long as you can still help the team with the objectives. Because those kills do help and count, that's why it's a game where that's what we're doing the whole match.

But it's a whole different ballgame from cod, and once you learn the flow you'll be alright

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Wider capture area
More weight on attacking forces (less people needed to overpower defence)

You effectively don't need to enter it at all now, although if you can flush people out it's still easier obviously
You can take it without going into the bunker but they will still take it back if you don't stay on it. I had the most frustrating game last night where my team refused to even enter the bunker and kept leaving after capturing it. We lost two battalions because no one helped me keep B.

Worst team I've played operations with so far.

They nerfed the Martini? My heart. This is almost as soulcrushing as the nerf to the Model 1887s in MW2.

I know 😭. I felt like the Martini was balanced enough with its long reload and lack of scope. Why, DICE, whhhhyyyyy???

Oh, and the Model 1887s were the GOAT. I miss those times, man. 😢

You can take it without going into the bunker but they will still take it back if you don't stay on it. I had the most frustrating game last night where my team refused to even enter the bunker and kept leaving after capturing it. We lost two battalions because no one helped me keep B.

Worst team I've played operations with so far.

This is exactly what my tactic for 'defending' on Monte Grappa revolves around now.

Randoms always follow that process. Take objective - move onto next objective. One or two people stick around and that's it.

The idea for defending it now is - hold the 'other' objectives at all costs and just keep retaking B bunkers with small bands so it seperates the attackers and eventually bleeds the tickets.

EASY

Oh, and the Model 1887s were the GOAT. I miss those times, man. ��

This is where my love affair with Shotgun's truly started. Monster of a weapon.

Just played a couple matches on the new map and personally I like it, don't mind that it's quite open in spaces, thought it was good fun battling for c and d. Also tried the martini and can't really tell much difference from before patch, still deadly and fun to use.

Top Bottom