• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Ravek

Banned
So just played around of conquest on Giants Shadow as a medic.

Ugh.

First off, from 200 to 1000 the fog was on and thick. That was fucking awful.

I tried the Autoloading 8.35 extender as someone suggested and I didn't care for it. But that can be said with all the medic weapons I've played as. I unlocked Class 3 so MAYBE those guns will be better.

To me, I just feel completely vulnerable as a medic. I was constantly hugging near my squad because I knew I couldn't out gun most of the enemy players. Maybe it's because I've been a primary Assault and secondary Support player, but I just can't get a hold of how I'm supposed to effectively play this class with these guns.

Ugh.

I tried the Autoloading 8.35 extender as someone suggested and I didn't care for it. But that can be said with all the medic weapons I've played as. I unlocked Class 3 so MAYBE those guns will be better.

To me, I just feel completely vulnerable as a medic. I was constantly hugging near my squad because I knew I couldn't out gun most of the enemy players. Maybe it's because I've been a primary Assault and secondary Support player, but I just can't get a hold of how I'm supposed to effectively play this class with these guns.

The Medic is vulnerable. You really aren't supposed to be worried about your kill count, you're supposed to be slightly off the front line, running in and reviving people who die and throwing down med boxes behind cover for the assaults and supports who are pushing the line forward and need a quick pick-me-up. You should be getting more revives and heals than kills pretty consistently. That said, you might try the Selbstadtler (however the hell it's spelled) rifle variants; they have 26 rounds, rather than the 10 that most medic guns have, which means you can lay down suppressive fire a little better. Still a 3-shot kill like most of the other medic rifles too.

Redders

Ugh.

I have 31 service stars with the Extended.

Close to medium range you can pretty much outgun majority of players (Unless its like an SMG getting the drop on you) due to its high rate of fire and how easy it is to control the gun. Never felt vulnerable as a medic as you can cover multiple ranges with the weapon and heal yourself with the kit.

More about trying various guns and finding one that clicks. Mondragon storm is another good one to use if you haven't already.

Just hop in that bad boy and go :p when I first started flying it was so hilariously bad. I honestly couldn't understand how anyone did anything, but it then clicked for me. Which is typically how it works for me, when it clicks, oh it clicks

After having played with the M10H for about an hour yesterday, I can definitely feel the range nerf a bit. Ranges where I could kill someone with like 3-shots before is definitely not doable anymore. It still has a fairly long 1-shot range, but it doesn't wreck people really far away like it did before.

Sometimes you can have a really good day in a vehicle. This was from a quite a long play session in the same Rush server where fucking no one did anything to actually stop me. And while it's definitely easier to get many kills with a tank than a plane, I just sat there laughing my ass off at the few people who did try to stop me (with very little success) while the rest were just constantly sniping.

3eN8U8i.png
Yeah, last Saturday I got 56 kills with the Attck plane in Operations on Ballroom Blitz. And that was one plane too. I was proud of it. I haven't played much since because of essays I have to finish.

I have 31 service stars with the Extended.

Close to medium range you can pretty much outgun majority of players (Unless its like an SMG getting the drop on you) due to its high rate of fire and how easy it is to control the gun. Never felt vulnerable as a medic as you can cover multiple ranges with the weapon and heal yourself with the kit.

More about trying various guns and finding one that clicks. Mondragon storm is another good one to use if you haven't already.

83rd in the world
2nd in the UK
With the extended

When this man tells you about Medic.... you listen haha

Just checked and I'm in the top 20 for Assault in the country too. Boosh.

Redders

83rd in the world
2nd in the UK
With the extended

When this man tells you about Medic.... you listen haha

Am I? Damn never looked at it on the leaderboard haha. Far behind 1st place though, I'd have to properly commit to join you as a No 1 for a weapon.

Currently 53rd (145th on all platforms) for SPM on PS4 so trying to push top 50. Padding dem stats!

Am I? Damn never looked at it on the leaderboard haha. Far behind 1st place though, I'd have to properly commit to join you as a No 1 for a weapon.

Currently 53rd (145th on all platforms) for SPM on PS4 so trying to push top 50. Padding dem stats!

Thanks to the immortal pad I'm 5th in the UK for SPM too. Nowhere near the top globally though. Not even in top 100.

Still it's already pretty impressive that we've got a guy whose got the most kills with a weapon, a guy whose got the second most, a guy who is in the top 1% for every LMG haha etc.....

It's no longer about the immortal pad. It's more about the fact that Gaffers are just better gamers.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

I just picked this up 2 weeks ago; my 1st Battlefield game since BF:Vietnam. A lot has changed.

I was finding the MP really difficult the 1st couple sessions - so I switched from the Conquest/Operations modes and tried out Domination. The tighter focus and limited map size helped me grok the layout of major locations, and at least lowered the number of times I was killed and left wondering how in the hell that happened.

I also just decided to stick to assault class, at least until I learn the mechanics and get more comfortable with the controls. If you don't like that class, you could stick to scout or medic and spot / heal folks. It also helps to have someone in your squad on VoIP to talk to - especially on the bigger maps.

PS - Anyone else on PC having trouble with the VoIP? My mic works fine in every other game but BF1. I usually have to call people via Origin to hear them - and even then the voice activation is really spotty.

Donos

Ugh.

Mondragon Storm for range to punish Sniper fools or if you don't like the Autoloading Extended then the 1907 Sweeper with full auto for close to mid range should not let you feel vulnerable as medic.

Really don't see any point why i ever should choose the Selbstlader over the Mondragon again.

After playing it numerous more times, all I can say is that Giant's Shadow is beyond disappointing. :-(

It gets old so fast because of its hyper-linear layout. I was expecting a large map with tons of different approaches, not one where most of every round is spent fighting over that clusterfuck of a crash site. I really hope DICE steps up their map design majorly in the upcoming DLCs.

Where do you see this? Not in the app.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member

Ugh.

So you were playing medic as designed? Good job mate! If only more people played medic like this.

meppi

So you were playing medic as designed? Good job mate! If only more people played medic like this.

I don't even know how most people are so worthless as medics.

I basically never play as medic. Tried it a bit in BC2 and ended up falling in love with the wookie (GOL x4) as well as engineer for anti vehicle combat.
This has been my setup for every BF since.
In 3 they messed up the wookie class enough to make me go with a shotgun and slugs with an x4 and in BF4 they messed up slugs enough to make me go with a simple JS2 or something similar.

Now I loved playing with the Martini in BF1, but they screwed that up completely unless you like to keep your distance from the objectives.
I hate that. I want to be in the middle of all the crazy stuff that goes on and right next to the assaults and everything as we cap points or attack Mcoms.
Since that's no longer viable as a wookie now unless you want to die constantly be every spray and prey weapon that they put in front of you, I finally gave the medic a shot last night.

It felt like I was throwing out medpacks every 2-3 seconds at the very least when I had people around me. Constantly looking for people who were hurt and patch them up while also capping points.
Not to mention revive anything and everyone that I could get to who were in a somewhat safe position more or less.
Yet when I die, I constantly see 2 or 3 medics around me, coming closer, even sitting right on top of my corpse and doing nothing besides running off or getting killed themselves.

The played base for this series seems to get worse with every iteration. :-/

How does the revive cool down mechanic work for medics now? Is it a long cool down?

You can revive 3 people immediately, them you have to wait a couple of seconds before you can revive the next trio.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Ugh.

The Sweeper is amazing, mostly a three hit kill and you can easily get 3+ kills with one mag. Autoloading has terrible sights and did nothing for me. I stick with Sweeper for mid to close range battles and the Selblaster or whatever is called if the enemy team is sniping.

The first few ranks with the medic are rough because you dont have any guns that have more than 10 bullets in every clip. i guess autoloading is one but it kinda sucks. Sweeper and selblaster unlock at 3 and should give you plenty of firepower. most of your points should still come from healing, capturing and revives though.

I don't even know how most people are so worthless as medics.

I
It felt like I was throwing out medpacks every 2-3 seconds at the very least when I had people around me. Constantly looking for people who were hurt and patch them up while also capping points.
Not to mention revive anything and everyone that I could get to who were in a somewhat safe position more or less.
Yet when I die, I constantly see 2 or 3 medics around me, coming closer, even sitting right on top of my corpse and doing nothing besides running off or getting killed themselves.

The played base for this series seems to get worse with every iteration. :-/

I think this could be due to BF1 kinda breaking the internet with its first trailer attracting a lot of CoD gamers who in my experience are dumb as shit. There are so many idiots who refuse my med packs and just run into battle with a quarter of a health instead of staying put for 2 seconds to get health from my med pack. so many medics just sit there and dont ever drop healthpacks. i have to beg and beg and only then do they decide to drop one. Like why even play as a medic if you arent going to do your one job. it's not as if medics have better weapons anyway.

Thanks to the immortal pad I'm 5th in the UK for SPM too. Nowhere near the top globally though. Not even in top 100.

Still it's already pretty impressive that we've got a guy whose got the most kills with a weapon, a guy whose got the second most, a guy who is in the top 1% for every LMG haha etc.....

It's no longer about the immortal pad. It's more about the fact that Gaffers are just better gamers.
I'm a top 1%er!
in Bonus Score

The Medic is vulnerable. You really aren't supposed to be worried about your kill count, you're supposed to be slightly off the front line, running in and reviving people who die and throwing down med boxes behind cover for the assaults and supports who are pushing the line forward and need a quick pick-me-up. You should be getting more revives and heals than kills pretty consistently. That said, you might try the Selbstadtler (however the hell it's spelled) rifle variants; they have 26 rounds, rather than the 10 that most medic guns have, which means you can lay down suppressive fire a little better. Still a 3-shot kill like most of the other medic rifles too.

I prefer the sweeper myself, and try and get in the action with the assaults on my squad. But I have a medal I need to complete and that means getting 5 kills in one life with a medic. It's proving hard as I usually get to 3 or 4 and get sniped or shelled by a tank. And there almost never seems to be a medic within 20m when I need to continue my streak. Hopefully tonight I can hijack a tank or get in a blimp and quickly rack up 5 kills. Failing that I guess I'll try the mondragon sniper and just hang way back and be useless to my squad for a while until I get them.

meppi

I think this could be due to BF1 kinda breaking the internet with its first trailer attracting a lot of CoD gamers who in my experience are dumb as shit. There are so many idiots who refuse my med packs and just run into battle with a quarter of a health instead of staying put for 2 seconds to get health from my med pack. so many medics just sit there and dont ever drop healthpacks. i have to beg and beg and only then do they decide to drop one. Like why even play as a medic if you arent going to do your one job. it's not as if medics have better weapons anyway.

Yeah, by friend keep telling me the same.
I guess I just don't want to believe the horrible reality.
I'm not sure but aren't medic weapons more precision based? Or is that just the mondragon?
Haven't tried anything else seriously.
You'd think that it would take a bit more experience to choose medic and stick with it.
Then again, due to being autoloading, they sure love to spam their mondragons as well...

Quick edit...

The hell.... That 1% post made me look up my stats.

How can this even be? :-/
I basically played one night of medic and I'm in the 1% for SPM?
Says it all really. Randoms suck. :(

Yeah, by friend keep telling me the same.
I guess I just don't want to believe the horrible reality.
I'm not sure but aren't medic weapons more precision based? Or is that just the mondragon?
Haven't tried anything else seriously.
You'd think that it would take a bit more experience to choose medic and stick with it.
Then again, due to being autoloading, they sure love to spam their mondragons as well...

Quick edit...

The hell.... That 1% post made me look up my stats.

The tracker site seems a bit off. It says I have 31 kills as a tanker.. but I have 14 service stars on the heavy tank alone.

But I am top 9% for assault and top 5% for support and tanker. Also in the top 3% for score, kills and KPM on Rush.

Pastry

Banned
The waves during the storm in Empires Edge are super ugly and weird looking. How did they get large waves right in Paracel Storm but fuck it up so much here lol

The tracker site seems a bit off. It says I have 31 kills as a tanker.. but I have 14 service stars on the heavy tank alone.

But I am top 9% for assault and top 5% for support and tanker. Also in the top 3% for score, kills and KPM on Rush.
The tracker is a unofficial stat tracking site that only tracks and adds people who sign up to the leaderboards. I remember reading the subreddit when it was being created and thinking it wouldn't work. Its also not always accurate within its community.

The Sweeper is amazing, mostly a three hit kill and you can easily get 3+ kills with one mag. Autoloading has terrible sights and did nothing for me. I stick with Sweeper for mid to close range battles and the Selblaster or whatever is called if the enemy team is sniping.

The Sweeper was initially my go-to Medic gun for the reasons you described, but lately I've been on the Selblaster love train. My main problem with the Sweeper is how pitiful the shots sound. The Selblaster, on the other hand, sounds incredibly deadly.

meppi

SPM doesn't really matter, what matters is what is your Revive or Heal percentage.

Eum, isn't that just the more you play the higher the number will be?
Doesn't say much about how well you do, just how much time you end up doing something compared to others?

The tracker is a unofficial stat tracking site that only tracks and adds people who sign up to the leaderboards. I remember reading the subreddit when it was being created and thinking it wouldn't work. Its also not always accurate within its community.

Ah so it only samples a tiny section of the player base?
Pretty worthless then...

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

your SPM isnt the same as overall score. You were just really good at doing your job. I hit level 10 with my medic the other night and have a medic SPM of 564 which is good enough for top 18%. So basically you had a really good night playing medic. what mode were you playing?

I find that it is easier to get a lot of medic points playing operations and conquest. modes where you are running around a lot like Domination, TDM and Rush hurt your SPM.

Lender

How do you mean 'sign up to the leaderboards'? I can look up people and see their stats who never even knew this website existed.

How do you mean 'sign up to the leaderboards'? I can look up people and see their stats who never even knew this website existed.
Here is a link of there reddit, the makers explain how there tracker works threw out the sub. This should answer whatever questions you have regarding the tracker and if you have more leave them in the comments below. I commend there work but the tracker is inaccurate and not worth following if you want a 100% detailed stat analysis. https://m.reddit.com/r/battlefield_...ncing_new_bf1_stats_tracker/?ref=search_posts

meppi

your SPM isnt the same as overall score. You were just really good at doing your job. I hit level 10 with my medic the other night and have a medic SPM of 564 which is good enough for top 18%. So basically you had a really good night playing medic. what mode were you playing?

I find that it is easier to get a lot of medic points playing operations and conquest. modes where you are running around a lot like Domination, TDM and Rush hurt your SPM.

Ah, I usually play conquest.
I like rush as well this time but no one on my fl seems to play that.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Ugh.

The Selbstlader M1916 Marksman is so OP I'm shocked no one has said anything.

terrible

Banned
The Selbstlader M1916 Marksman is so OP I'm shocked no one has said anything.

Depends. If you're getting into a ton of close range battles the Selbstlader isn't anywhere near as good as the Autoloading Extended. Mid range the Selbstlader is where it's at though. Three hit kill and 26 bullets, it's pretty easy to take out 4-5 people without having to reload.

Flui111

Banned
Model 10 is OP and i love it, just running around 1 shotting people and them getting mad>>>>
What i do hate about hate assault is that if you do use a shotty, you have no protection for people that are mid range to far

Model 10 is OP and i love it, just running around 1 shotting people and them getting mad>>>>
What i do hate about hate assault is that if you do use a shotty, you have no protection for people that are mid range to far

It just got "nerfed" as well. And its due to class balance.

Donos

Rocket gun.

I think i can see the nerf a bit now that i played a bit with the M10A

Lemnisc8

With the buff to the MK5 landship dice have created a monster surpassing that of the original heavy tank IMHO.

My small crew of 3 just went tank hunting and it was Amazing, obliterating all the armour on the battlefield, with only a couple of sketchy moments. We even came out on top of a 2v1 followed immediately by a light tank and wrecked the lot.

We loved the tank pre patch but it's lighter armour meant it was no-go for solo drivers, but fully crewed by a competent team it was already rather poweful. Now?

Is it op? Well 1v1 crew I still see heavy coming up trumps but put one or two extra in the land ship and it's good bye enemy. As it takes more crew to actually be effective I think I'm ok with it as it promotes teamwork, but I can't imagine it being long before people pick up just how powerful it is with the extra armour.

It also states crewed for longer now it can be spawned into as well.

terrible

Banned
Unless you play exclusively TDM, your score per minute is all that should matter.

Also, I quite like the new map when it's sunny/raining, but goddamn that dense fog is annoying.

SPM is meaningless as it varies wildly depending on game mode. Add xp boosts to the mix and it's even less meaningful.

Gaenor

Banned
SPM is meaningless as it varies wildly depending on game mode. Add xp boosts to the mix and it's even less meaningful.

You're right !

However, I suppose that the vast majority of people play almost exclusively Conquest. Unless Operations changed things compared to the previous Battlefields ?

Top Bottom