• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Speaking of K/D, the highest I've ever had was in BF3 and it was something around 3.70, last I remember. The main benefactor was because I abused the MAV before it got nerfed lol. If you don't remember the MAV, it was the spotting drone thing, but if used for evil, it turned into a wrecking ball of mass destruction. 😂

terrible

Banned
Speaking of K/D, the highest I've ever had was in BF3 and it was something around 3.70, last I remember. The main benefactor was because I abused the MAV before it got nerfed lol. If you don't remember the MAV, it was the spotting drone thing, but if used for evil, it turned into a wrecking ball of mass destruction. ��

1000+ MAV kills here. Funny enough my K/D in BF3 was lower than it was in BF4 and now BF1. I messed around too much.

edit: 1,903

Xyber

It is fine in all game mode.

There's nothing wrong with a good KD ratio, but I'd take someone with 1 in KD who plays his class and the objective properly over someone who hesitates to go for an objective because they might die and "ruin" their stats.

People are just too scared to push up a lot of the time, but if they tried they would probably be fine most of the time. I mostly play Rush and sometimes it's pretty much only my friend and I who go for the objectives and we still manage to push through everything and arm the stations. It has been like this in every single BF game since BC2 when we started playing together and there is a reason to why we have such a high win/loss-ratio in all of them.

All-in-all, KD really is a worthless measurement when it comes to how good you are. I could have a much better KD than I do now if I just sat way back picking people off from a distance, but then I would also lose way more games because barely anyone pushes the objectives. *shrug*

terrible

Banned
If you're playing the objective 24/7 then K/D matters a lot, but then playing with a full squad makes it way easier to have a good K/D since you don't have to play objectives alone. It gets boosted even more if you have medic trains going. I guess no stat by itself is perfect for telling how good someone is.

I saw someone with half their kills coming from elite classes in Domination. I'm talking overall and he was level 50+ haha. Does his K/D say anything about his skill? Lol nope.

1000+ MAV kills here. Funny enough my K/D in BF3 was lower than it was in BF4 and now BF1. I messed around too much.

edit: 1,903

Damn, and I thought I had a lot at like 400 haha. However, I think I discovered it a bit late since they nerfed it shortly after I started.

After the nerf, my K/D eventually went back to my average of like 1.80.

Heroman

Banned
There's nothing wrong with a good KD ratio, but I'd take someone with 1 in KD who plays his class and the objective properly over someone who hesitates to go for an objective because they might die and "ruin" their stats.

People are just too scared to push up a lot of the time, but if they tried they would probably be fine most of the time. I mostly play Rush and sometimes it's pretty much only my friend and I who go for the objectives and we still manage to push through everything and arm the stations. It has been like this in every single BF game since BC2 when we started playing together and there is a reason to why we have such a high win/loss-ratio in all of them.

All-in-all, KD really is a worthless measurement when it comes to how good you are. I could have a much better KD than I do now if I just sat way back picking people off from a distance, but then I would also lose way more games because barely anyone pushes the objectives. *shrug*

For me I stopped caring about winning or losing a long time ago because at certain a solo player like me rarely makes a difference makes a different. SO I so decided to care about thing that I do have control over,

The Dude

For me I stopped caring about winning or losing a long time ago because at certain a solo player like me rarely makes a difference makes a different. SO I so decided to care about thing that I do have control over,

But in this game a single person can make a difference. When you are the last man on a capture point at times, and then your team can spawn in on you and help take it can move a battle right back to your teams favor.

I play solo and while I can't make the team win every match there's a lot I can do to help that outcome.

I worry about my kd but never to where I won't die, I just try to make myself that much better of a player to not only get kills, play the objective and not give them to many kills

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"Squad Repairs X/20!"

*tank squad member is in gets hurt, get out*

"WAIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!" *tank rushes to it's doom or is piloted by someone that isn't in squad so it doesn't count.

Self-repair is the most fucking dumb design decision and whoever at DICE thought consolidating Engineer into Support was a good should both be promptly fired with whoever designed this fucking shitty medal. *ANGER*

Ravek

Banned
In regards to the solo talk...

I have seen time and time again (in BF3/4/1) where just one squad can turn the match the other way. It's amazing to watch, experience and do.

In that regard, as stated, one person can also greatly help the team as a whole as well.

That's how I feel. There are 31 other players on my team and I have no control over their play styles or skill levels. There have been times I've gone 90-10 with at 25k score and we still lost. However, there are other times I don't play so hot and we still win. The matchmaking seems rather poor at times in this game. When the game first came out I was having a lot of close games. After they fucked with the algorithm or whatever that one patch. I'm having a lot more lopsided games.

"Squad Repairs X/20!"

"WAIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!" *tank rushes to it's doom or is piloted by someone that isn't in squad so it doesn't count.

Self-repair is the most fucking dumb design decision and whoever at DICE thought consolidating Engineer into Support was a good should both be promptly fired with whoever designed this fucking shitty medal. *ANGER*
That and 1 shot body kills are puzzling to me.
Not to mention how dumbed down flying is

terrible

Banned
That's how I feel. There are 31 other players on my team and I have no control over their play styles or skill levels. There have been times I've gone 90-10 with at 25k score and we still lost. However, there are other times I don't play so hot and we still win. The matchmaking seems rather poor at times in this game. When the game first came out I was having a lot of close games. After they fucked with the algorithm or whatever that one patch. I'm having a lot more lopsided games.

If I don't bust my ass off and do completely everything myself when I play solo I lose. Even when I play perfectly I still only win like 60-70% of my games. This is with me pretty much always being first in points by a wide margin. The matchmaking and auto balancing is broken as hell. It always puts me on the dumbest teams possible. I'm specifically talking about Domination, not sure how it is in other modes.

I have zero motivation to play the game solo. If a friend isn't online I don't even bother. It wasn't like this in BF4.

Xyber

In CQ it is definitely much harder for a single person to have a big impact on the outcome of the game. You can do everything perfectly, but in the end it comes down to if your team can defend capped flags.

It's really the main reason to why I pretty much never play it. That and I do find the more focused gametypes (Rush specifically) more fun most of the time. It's not just running around capping empty flags barely seeing anyone which can happen quite often on the more open maps.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

It's a worthless metric in theory, but the people getting things done and topping the boards in points are almost always ruthless killers. It's just easier to claim space when you can eliminate the opposition singlehandedly.

"Squad Repairs X/20!"

Seks, for once, we agree. The removal of engineer is a god damn travesty.

If you're playing the objective 24/7 then K/D matters a lot, but then playing with a full squad makes it way easier to have a good K/D since you don't have to play objectives alone. It gets boosted even more if you have medic trains going. I guess no stat by itself is perfect for telling how good someone is.

I saw someone with half their kills coming from elite classes in Domination. I'm talking overall and he was level 50+ haha. Does his K/D say anything about his skill? Lol nope.
I like playing with my try hard guys for wins and my KD is usually decent in squad games but it is usually much better when I play alone with randoms. I am mainly a infantry player that likes to rush points and defend points from being back capped. Playing with a group of try hards who are kill hungry vultures will lower your kill count a bit if you are actually moving with the squad.

Orcus

SPM is meaningless as it varies wildly depending on game mode. Add xp boosts to the mix and it's even less meaningful.
You forgot that how good your squad mates are also effects it a lot, but nothing skews it as much as the people who just play attackers on Operations. It's almost a meaningless stat for personal performance. If they striped out all the bonus/squad scoring and made it relative to game type, then it might be somewhat useful to benchmark against other players. Right now, It's way too qualitative in nature.

I would much rather see a focus on objective score, with balance efforts focused on providing objective scoring opportunities for all classes. That's fantasy land, I know, but that is what should matter. It would be nice if most scoring opportunities were weighted based on your distance to the nearest objective.

terrible

Banned
You forgot that how good your squad mates are also effects it a lot, but nothing skews it as much as the people who just play attackers on Operations. It's almost a meaningless stat for personal performance. If they striped out all the bonus/squad scoring and made it relative to game type, then it might be somewhat useful to benchmark against other players. Right now, It's way too qualitative in nature.

I would much rather see a focus on objective score, with balance efforts focused on providing objective scoring opportunities for all classes. That's fantasy land, I know, but that is what should matter. It would be nice if most scoring opportunities were weighted based on your distance to the nearest objective.

And using squad orders to farm points by marking objectives teammates are taking and then switching back to the one your squad is taking gives you a ton of points too. SPM says nothing about a player really.

The Dude

Well the thing is, nobody wants to nod to kd, nobody wants to nod to SPM, what stat then is the one people will accept, just overall score?

I have not been able to connect to a server from the server browser for a long time. Says lost connection to the server. This is on ps4. Anyone run into this?

It happens when it is in the loading game screen

came back to this after a break

the benet-mercie reload animation is sex

I really wish the game had realistic reload mechanics though where the spare bullets in a mag get ejected if you reload early

Hawkie

Well the thing is, nobody wants to nod to kd, nobody wants to nod to SPM, what stat then is the one people will accept, just overall score?

There isn't one. Battlefield Tracker and all of the stats therein is about as much use as a trapdoor on a canoe for judging how "good" someone is.at the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That and 1 shot body kills are puzzling to me.
Not to mention how dumbed down flying is

Dumbed down flying is fine since it allows folks that suck at it (like me) to at least attempt it.

Some of the other design decisions though...

At least I got that medal. I just need one more Rush crate arm and I've got the Rush medal as well. Speaking of which, if you're playing Rush and the "Landship" FUCKING MOVE UP. Your fucking ARMOR, you can take the hits to allow the team that is squishy to arm.

Dumbass didn't understand this and trolled us to a loss on third set after me and my squad took another tank to arm BOTH crates on Sinai second set.

Fucking dumbass players, I swear.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Haha, Standard Issue Rifles mode is amazing. Two people shooting at each other from ten feet away often feels like

fd4.gif

but it's loads of fun.

Until someone throws gas grenades.

Top Bottom