• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

So here's a frustration I'm having: If you are going to pilot the airships ffs please mortar objectives or take out the AA then mortar the objectives. I really wish DICE would get some sort of lobby chat so we can communicate with non squad mates.

Recall

So here's a frustration I'm having: If you are going to pilot the airships ffs please mortar objectives or take out the AA then mortar the objectives. I really wish DICE would get some sort of lobby chat so we can communicate with non squad mates.

Lobby chat with randoms? That sounds awful. They won't listen, they have no reason to.

Lobby chat with randoms? That sounds awful. They won't listen, they have no reason to.

Then at least a text chat capability like on PC. I need a way to communicate with other squads.

Shit music
Loud mouthed women chatting in the background
People shouting in some other language
People singing down the mic
People breathing really heavily down the mic
People abusing you for no reason
People telling YOU what to do and going nuts when you don't

These are the perils of talking to strangers.

At least on UKGaf we have a good sense of order and banter.

That stuff does all suck, but again would you like a way to communicate with other squads?

Shit music

Then at least a text chat capability like on PC. I need a way to communicate with other squads.
That stuff does all suck, but again would you like a way to communicate with other squads?

If they can hear me and I can't hear them or any of the shitness that comes with randoms then absolutely

The Dude

I'm so mad that my SPM is fucked from so many matches of tdm at first lol but it is what it is.

811 SPM
12,325 kills
5,556 deaths
378 wins
166 losses

That's what I've got going on so far. I want 1000 SPM, but it's gonna take awhile, I'd guess it'd be about 1100ish or so if I didn't play so much tdm at first

I'm so mad that my SPM is fucked from so many matches of tdm at first lol but it is what it is.

804 SPM
12,325 kills
5,556 deaths
378 wins
166 losses

That's what I've got going on so far. I want 1000 SPM, but it's gonna take awhile, I'd guess it'd be about 1100ish or so if I didn't play so much tdm at first

That KDR is boss. I added you as a friend last night ;)

I'm gonna just keep hovering around you like that nerd hanging around with the footballers. Eventually you'll get fed up and join us haha

The Dude

That KDR is boss. I added you as a friend last night ;)

I'm gonna just keep hovering around you like that nerd hanging around with the footballers. Eventually you'll get fed up and join us haha

Hah cool man, yea I'm sure eventually I'll make my way in :p

The app showed like 3 different SPM for me, 811 is the one I'll go with. But I wish they somehow didn't count tdm in overall SPM, such little scores

Hah cool man, yea I'm sure eventually I'll make my way in :p

The app showed like 3 different SPM for me, 811 is the one I'll go with. But I wish they somehow didn't count tdm in overall SPM, such little scores

Yeah mine is a bit false because I've nearly exclusively played Operations with Gaf.

That's why my W/L is 85% too.

That's 214 wins to 38 losses. It counts each attack/defence life as a win/loss too from what I hear. As far as actual matches go I've lost 6 haha.

MR4001

Has the Artillery Truck been tweaked? I can't find any reference to that being the case in the recent patch's notes, but today and yesterday I have encountered a fair few of them - a big increase in their use, as with the Landship.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Has the Artillery Truck been tweaked? I can't find any reference to that being the case in the recent patch's notes, but today and yesterday I have encountered a fair few of them - a big increase in their use, as with the Landship.

All I want to say, is fuck artillery trucks that sit out of bounds during Operation matches.

Fuck you.

Is BF1 5.1 or 7.1 on the PS4?

Also does anyone find it distracting that when your player yells shit it comes from the back channels? I occasionally turn around to make sure no one is behind me.

Otherwise, loving the new patch. Buffing out details like where you throw you crates and sprinting out of prone.

Is BF1 5.1 or 7.1 on the PS4?

Also does anyone find it distracting that when your player yells shit it comes from the back channels? I occasionally turn around to make sure no one is behind me.

Otherwise, loving the new patch. Buffing out details like where you throw you crates and sprinting out of prone.

Oh man, this is sooo annoying :D

something went wrong with the audio mixing this time, as people mentioned before.

i also find it hilarious that in the middle of the crazy explosions and stuff, when you communicate "go go go" as a british soldier he often says "We´re moving" in a very calm voice. :D

the voice acting was much better in BF4 imo, and especially BC2.

xxracerxx

Can someone please explain to me why ground vehicles are able to out of bounds? I don't get it.

Spawn zones in Operations are out of bounds to the opposing team.

It's understandable because otherwise some games would just be a massacre. The GAF team has held Monte Grappa at the church for the entire game by holding the boundary line, if we had been on their spawn point it would have been even worse.

Memnoch

Shit music

If they can hear me and I can't hear them or any of the shitness that comes with randoms then absolutely
yeah the chat with gaf members is entertaining and downright hilarious at times.

xxracerxx

Meaning, do you keep rank. I was halfway through level 2 medic on Tuesday, now it's showing me at starting rank today.

Is it showing that in-game or on the Customize Soldier in the menus? I have found that in the menus it is all sorts of messed up but accurate during games.

Carm

Is it showing that in-game or on the Customize Soldier in the menus? I have found that in the menus it is all sorts of messed up but accurate during games.

Yea, it was the customize soldier menu and yes it was not updating. Apparently going into a match and coming back to that menu updates it, kinda stupid.

All is back to normal now.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yea, it was the customize soldier menu and yes it was not updating. Apparently going into a match and coming back to that menu updates it, kinda stupid.

All is back to normal now.
Check the weapons tab. It has all the classes and clicking on each one will show you your actual progress in XP.

Eventually you'll get fed up and join us haha

how do i join these gaf parties? or are you guys full on most nights?

terrible

Banned
How can you say this? A high SPM tells you that the person plays the objective frequently. A person with a K/D and SPM means they are very efficient at playing. A person with a high K/D and low SPM most likely camps back. I don't understand how you can just wave off stats like it doesn't give an idea if a person's efficiency. I feel like this is done by people with average stats. The fact of the matter is someone with a high score in both categories, as well as win is just better than you. Trying to belittle how the person received a high SPM because they used a system in the game is incredibly petty.

If a person has a great number in all if this, including win/loss, they are a good player.

Ok, here's an example. Not using squad orders in Domination gets me about 600-700 SPM, this is with me being 1st in the lobby basically every round. Using squad orders intentionally for points rather than just marking points I actually want capped or defended gives me 900-1000 SPM. This in a game mode that gets you maybe half the XP you get from Operations. That's the problem with SPM. Not only does it vary a ton depending on game mode but it can be boosted by using the order system in a way that wasn't intended. It's about as useful as pistol kills for determining player skill.

edit: I'll give another example to show how extreme the SPM difference is between game modes.

SgNNDFg.png

The top was from an hour session of TDM. The bottom is from an hour session with GAF in Operations. I dominated in my TDM session but did pretty bad by my standards in Operations yet simply because of how score works in those modes (and an XP boost) my SPM was hugely higher in Operations than it was in TDM.

Really not liking Giant's Shadow. It's everything I hate about bad Conquest maps. It disproportionately favors one team with flag placement, it's a sniper's paradise, the capture points are basically a straight line, and there a long-ass trek from F and E back to the action at C and D.

To make matters worse, it's almost impossible to flank, as you need to move past C and D (not easy when the enemy has these points), and flanking forces you to crest a hill and silhouette yourself against the skyline.

It's honestly probably my least favorite map in the game. I'm really hoping future DLC maps are much better designed than this.

Xyber

I dont think its possible to actually play the objective and have a K/D higher than that

Sure it is, playing the objective is what I was born to do but I don't use shotguns all that much so I usually win the fights where a shotgun user would die. BF1 is actually my first BF game where I am above 2 in K/D.

BZQuxas.png

And my SPM is not heavily inflated by playing Operations since I've barely played it since launch week :p. But you do get quite a good SPM by playing the objective in Rush too, just not as much since there's almost half the amount of players in those games.

And a big pre-made is not necessary to win Rush games, just me and my friend playing the objective. Maybe 25% of my games have been in a party of 3 or 4 people, the rest is just me and him hurting our backs from carrying all that weight of the team :D.

I'm glad Rush is back to being as fun as it was in BC2, which before this game still was my favorite Battlefield so far.

Ok, here's an example. Not using squad orders in Domination gets me about 600-700 SPM, this is with me being 1st in the lobby basically every round. Using squad orders intentionally for points rather than just marking points I actually want capped or defended gives me 900-1000 SPM. This in a game mode that gets you maybe half the XP you get from Operations. That's the problem with SPM. Not only does it vary a ton depending on game mode but it can be boosted by using the order system in a way that wasn't intended. It's about as useful as pistol kills for determining player skill.

edit: I'll give another example to show how extreme the SPM difference is between game modes.

SgNNDFg.png

The top was from an hour session of TDM. The bottom is from an hour session with GAF in Operations. I dominated in my TDM session but did pretty bad by my standards in Operations yet simply because of how score works in those modes (and an XP boost) my SPM was hugely higher in Operations than it was in TDM.
So how does this coorelate to a person not having skill? Your post only shows me that Operation has the potential to give the highest SPM. I argued so what? You cannot simply disregard it because not all game modes give the highest SPM.

terrible

Banned
So how does this coorelate to a person not having skill? Your post only shows me that Operation has the potential to give the highest SPM. I argued so what? You cannot simply disregard it because not all game modes give the highest SPM.

I don't think I ever said having a high SPM means you don't have any skill. I'm just saying it's not a good tool for determining player skill and it's true. You can be a good player and have a low SPM or you can be a good player with a high SPM.

-Game mode
-Squad boosts
-Squad orders
-Playing solo or playing with a full squad

Those combined influence SPM more than actual player skill.

If the game kept track of general SPM for each game mode without boosts or squad orders applied it'd be a lot more useful.

Really not liking Giant's Shadow. It's everything I hate about bad Conquest maps. It disproportionately favors one team with flag placement, it's a sniper's paradise, the capture points are basically a straight line, and there a long-ass trek from F and E back to the action at C and D.

To make matters worse, it's almost impossible to flank, as you need to move past C and D (not easy when the enemy has these points), and flanking forces you to crest a hill and silhouette yourself against the skyline.

It's honestly probably my least favorite map in the game. I'm really hoping future DLC maps are much better designed than this.

Yeah after playing this map almost exclusively last night, as well as flying around in spectator mode to get an outside view of how it plays, I'm not a fan of it at all. The flag placement is atrocious and the boundaries for planes is too small.

We honestly need more maps like Amiens, but perhaps on a slightly bigger scale so they can include planes lol.

Lender

Sure it is, playing the objective is what I was born to do but I don't use shotguns all that much so I usually win the fights where a shotgun user would die. BF1 is actually my first BF game where I am above 2 in K/D.

BZQuxas.png

And my SPM is not heavily inflated by playing Operations since I've barely played it since launch week :p. But you do get quite a good SPM by playing the objective in Rush too, just not as much since there's almost half the amount of players in those games.

And a big pre-made is not necessary to win Rush games, just me and my friend playing the objective. Maybe 25% of my games have been in a party of 3 or 4 people, the rest is just me and him hurting our backs from carrying all that weight of the team :D.

I'm glad Rush is back to being as fun as it was in BC2, which before this game still was my favorite Battlefield so far.

I really need to stop playing with publics. It drags my whole win ratio down to shit.

untitled-1copywiu6a.jpg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
These open maps are all garbage tier. Everyone just quits bcs of all the snipers just sitting there. Dice pls
No sniper I've played against can consistently hit a moving target at range. And I play exclusively on the PC. The other thing to note is that the largest BF1 maps are still pretty small compared to BF4's.

Carm

Is the difference between the medic weapons mondragon storm and mondragon sniper just the acc/crtl sniper increases and the bipod while prone? If no other reasons, should I just get the sniper between the two? Like close range they would be the same?

Hrm telescopic sight would be detrimental at close range?

My info on PS4 :p figured I will use my PS4 since I been playing that the most now. I haven't played on PC in awhile. Since my RL friend that's on PC, he works from 4 am - noon and I go into lab from 9 am - 5 pm. So we haven't been playing together recently and I been playing with my RL friends on PS4 instead.

edit: also strange the thread has not been moved to the community side. But I wont complain :p

Any reason to use the MG15 Storm over the Low Weight variant? The stats are different but the guns feel almost identical, aside from the Low Weight version having a bipod, which is great.

I spent so much time with the MG15 Storm and wished that it had a bipod. Little did I know that my prayers had already been answered.

terrible

Banned
Any reason to use the MG15 Storm over the Low Weight variant? The stats are different but the guns feel almost identical, aside from the Low Weight version having a bipod, which is great.

I spent so much time with the MG15 Storm and wished that it had a bipod. Little did I know that my prayers had already been answered.
The Storm has less recoil, that's the biggest difference. All things considered I prefer the Low Weight but if you are never going to use the bipod the Storm is certainly better.

Orcus

gewehr 95 is a top tier weapon
I liked it when I played with it, but the sweet spot range starts at 80 meters, compared to the SMLEs 40 meter range. The sweet spot mechanic is too powerful and I like playing too close to objectives for me to feel like the increase in bullet velocity is worth while, especially since I'm close to targets and don't need that extra bullet velocity. SMLE marksman is my go to now instead of the Martini.

Heroman

Banned
I liked it when I played with it, but the sweet spot range starts at 80 meters, compared to the SMLEs 40 meter range. The sweet spot mechanic is too powerful and I like playing too close to objectives for me to feel like the increase in bullet velocity is worth while, especially since I'm close to targets and don't need that extra bullet velocity. SMLE marksman is my go to now instead of the Martini.
The 95 doesn't have a sweet spot.

Man, I am just super bummed out by this update. The game is basically unplayable for me right now with all the lag spikes and 10 second freezes that happen so frequently now. I've been trying to trouble shoot this today and even turning things down to all low on my PC still doesn't help issues. Something is seriously wrong.

Agreed with pretty much everything you said. Shit map through and through. The only good thing I can say about it is that A and F are fun to fight at, on the rare occasions that you get to.

Top Bottom