• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

ThisOne

New map looks very similar to St. Quentin Scar but doesn't have the fun layout of that map. Pretty bland overall.

I thought it was supposed to take place in the "late fall"? Why are all the leaves still on the trees? Feels like a summer map.

Operations matchmaking needs a complete overhaul

a server browser would be a nice start

sick of waiting in loading screens for 3 minutes just to see if I can get in a game

it's a miracle the game has been out for a month now and it's just as bad as it was then, albeit worse since the lower player count

Struggling playing Scout, especially because the gadgets are all mostly crap or too situational except for the Flare, especially the K-Bullets are a joke. The Sniper Shield allows for some interesting tactical play, but I would murder for even a limpet charge for versatility. Wish the class had a spawn beacon like in BF3/4, you really should be rewarded for pushing and smart tactical play. Otherwise I feel as if I would be better off playing any of the other classes when it comes to supporting my team.

Have a question though: Unlocked the Gewehr 95 Infantry and really enjoy that one (well, compared to the other Scout weapons at least)... but what are the actual reasons to get the Gewehr 95 Carbine besides the better hipfire? Does it have optic sights? What are the drawbacks over the Infantry version?

Struggling playing Scout, especially because the gadgets are all mostly crap or too situational except for the Flare, especially the K-Bullets are a joke. The Sniper Shield allows for some interesting tactical play, but I would murder for even a limpet charge for versatility. Wish the class had a spawn beacon like in BF3/4, you really should be rewarded for pushing and smart tactical play. Otherwise I feel as if I would be better off playing any of the other classes when it comes to supporting my team.

Have a question though: Unlocked the Gewehr 95 Infantry and really enjoy that one (well, compared to the other Scout weapons at least)... but what are the actual reasons to get the Gewehr 95 Carbine besides the better hipfire? Does it have optic sights? What are the drawbacks over the Infantry version?

I believe the Gewehr 95 Carbine has those leaf sights or optic sights like the X optical rifles the medic has. Marksman has the 4x scope and palm rest.

The Dude

Operations matchmaking needs a complete overhaul

a server browser would be a nice start

sick of waiting in loading screens for 3 minutes just to see if I can get in a game

it's a miracle the game has been out for a month now and it's just as bad as it was then, albeit worse since the lower player count

It's always interesting to me when on forums and I read posts like this and compare it to my experience. Ive 150 hours of glorious gaming, play daily and loving it .. And then you have someone sound so miserable with this game, how can there be such disparity? I'm honestly asking because I find it intriguing when you have such opposite ends of the spectrum differences

Played a game with a person ranked 100. They were #4 for SPM, wins, and overall score in the world. Suffice to say, an absolute beast. Kicking ass and taking names with the Bar on Monte Grappa. It was a privilege to witness that.

terrible

Banned
I'm surprised to see that I'm top 30 for infantry K/D and top 70 for win % on Xbox right now. I play with one other friend and that's it so I don't know how my win % is ranked that high. Luck I guess. It's nowhere near that good on PS4.

Check the weapons tab. It has all the classes and clicking on each one will show you your actual progress in XP.

how do i join these gaf parties? or are you guys full on most nights?

Add Luvs_2_Squidge on PSN
I'll add you to the 70 man group chat and the 150 man community.

We are on most nights from 22:00 UK time (although we have people on pretty much all the time)

The squad does fill very fast when we play so just hover around the party screen at around 22:00 and jump in when you see it open.

I personally won't be playing until Sunday but others will take the helm for the weekend

It's always interesting to me when on forums and I read posts like this and compare it to my experience. Ive 150 hours of glorious gaming, play daily and loving it .. And then you have someone sound so miserable with this game, how can there be such disparity? I'm honestly asking because I find it intriguing when you have such opposite ends of the spectrum differences
Plattform and server region.
I'm playing on PC and am in Japan right now, so the Operations MM only ever puts me into Asian server games with no way to change that. I can't get a game of the Blood and Sand Desert Operation even during peak hours, no matter if you select 48 or 64 players, you end up in a server alone.

Might be a non issue if you are playing in the US or the EU, but outside of these regions it's awful. Unless it's Kaiserschlacht (and even that requires considerable waiting time for players) you have about 5% chance of getting to play an Operation on the Asian server. So yes, server browser is needed, or at least a region toggle for the matchmaking. Would rather play at 100 ping (Oceania and half the US servers) or heck even 200 ping than not being able to play one of the best game modes at all.

Yeah it rocks. I'm running with the carbine version and am making such great plays with it. Plays like this one: https://youtu.be/L_kRCMhnxlc are not uncommon for me since discovering this weapon.

My k/d and spm have been steadily rising since i have been using it and i don't think i'm switching to anything else anytime Soon.

You are much better with rifles than me.

Years of CoD has got me into the habit of constantly moving, even when I'm aiming. It makes it really hard to score OHKO from range.

Decent video there mate

Brohan

You are much better with rifles than me.

Years of CoD has got me into the habit of constantly moving, even when I'm aiming. It makes it really hard to score OHKO from range.

Decent video there mate

Thanks.

I have always liked weapons like the Fal and famas in Cod so i guess it makes sense that this rifle feels right for me.

Anyways since this weapon doesn't have a sweetspot you wont really make OHKOs at range anyways unless you give a headshot and i rarely try to go for those anyways unless the enemy doesn't move too much. You should try it sometime.

And this vid is ok but not anything too special. It was kind of like shooting fish in a barrel :p. They did not give me too much resistance. I have made better plays but i often forget to press the share button.

Looking forward to more games with UKGaf btw, that shit was awesome.

Thanks.

I have always like weapons like the Fal and famas in Cod so i guess it makes sense that this rifle feels right for me.

Anyways since this weapon doesn't have a sweetspot you wont really make OHKOs at range anyways unless you give a headshot and i rarely try to go for those anyways unless the enemy doesn't move too much. You should try it sometime.

And this vid is ok but not anything too special. It was kind of like shooting fish in a barrel :p. They did not give me too much resistance. I have made better plays but i often forget to press the share button.

Looking forward to more games with UKGaf btw, that shit was awesome.

Glad you enjoyed it :)
It's a right friendly crew and we actually play some brilliant games. I'm sure in the coming months the attendance will dwindle but come March it'll be full swing again with the new DLC

Brohan

Glad you enjoyed it :)
It's a right friendly crew and we actually play some brilliant games. I'm sure in the coming months the attendance will dwindle but come March it'll be full swing again with the new DLC

Yeah with the holidays and lack of content i wont be playing as much as i have either. Really want to know the maps and weapons they will be adding with the DLC.

I think I heard someone say that they haven't fixed the 3rd person advantage that the tanks have when shooting over cover?...Well they definitely have. I use it a lot when clearing objectives before rushing in, really useful on maps like Sinai and Suez, but I've noticed I have to expose a lot more of the front of my tank now in order for the round not to hit the ground in front of me. The change hasn't really bothered me, but it's definitely there.

Lazy Lemmy

Neo Member
The autoloader extended is a mid range destroyer... easy enough to spam and decent damage and magazine count

I'm now really enjoying the medic class

I tried it out last night and didn't rate it, over mid distance I was hitting an enemy 5 times before dropping him, the Selb factory is 3 shots and good night sweetheart.

I swap between the latter and Cei.

Medic is my class, if I'm on your team expect a shit tone of revives

The tracker is a unofficial stat tracking site that only tracks and adds people who sign up to the leaderboards. I remember reading the subreddit when it was being created and thinking it wouldn't work. Its also not always accurate within its community.

That can't be right, I've never signed up to any leader board or site and it has all my stats on it. Check to see if you are on there if you've never signed up either.

Lender

Yeah it rocks. I'm running with the carbine version and am making such great plays with it. Plays like this one: https://youtu.be/L_kRCMhnxlc are not uncommon for me since discovering this weapon.

My k/d and spm have been steadily rising since i have been using it and i don't think i'm switching to anything else anytime Soon.
I started using this weapon and I love it. I got over 1100 kills with it by now. Its amazing.

That new face to face domination game mode is pretty fun, played a few rounds on the Amiens map. Assault only with shotties and knives with no sidearms, gadgets or health regen. People who cry about the M10 should prob stay far away.

Slightly related, but why make only 1 map for small game modes like TDM, Domination or Pigeons out of each large map? Amiens could be easily divided into 3 or 4 smaller maps and it would stop the quick modes getting boring if there were 4 times as many maps to play.

That new face to face domination game mode is pretty fun, played a few rounds on the Amiens map. Assault only with shotties and knives with no sidearms, gadgets or health regen. People who cry about the M10 should prob stay far away.

Slightly related, but why make only 1 map for small game modes like TDM, Domination or Pigeons out of each large map? Amiens could be easily divided into 3 or 4 smaller maps and it would stop the quick modes getting boring if there were 4 times as many maps to play.

This mode sounds like my heaven.

I find it hilarious that people cry about the Model 10 and in two seperate patches they've apparently 'nerfed' it only to make it actually BETTER both times.

Now they've got a shottie only map! hahahahahhaah

I'm surprised to see that I'm top 30 for infantry K/D and top 70 for win % on Xbox right now. I play with one other friend and that's it so I don't know how my win % is ranked that high. Luck I guess. It's nowhere near that good on PS4.
To be fair, you are juggling between platforms instead of focusing on just one.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Played an operations round last night where we couldnt we take the first map before the Amiens suburbs. Forget what its called. We even had a blimp on the last sector but every time we captured a point, the enemy team came rushing in and took it back within seconds. This went on for like half an hour. I had no idea why no one was staying back to defend objectives. We had multiple tanks throughout the round, but we couldnt hold anything for more than a few seconds.

I look at the scoreboard at the end of the round. I am at 2nd place with 30k points and over 50 kills and 30 deaths. The only guy above me has 144 kills and only 20 deaths and only a couple thousand extra points IIRC. And there is a guy in 10th place with 109 kills and no deaths.

i have no idea how you can get that many kills without playing the objective. The 0 deaths guy was either a pilot or hacking. I never felt like they were taking out any enemies because every objective fell immediately and there were barely any guys around to help me keep it. Our best guys were our worst guys and totally sold us out.

Shadybiz

That was impressive! I just got mine the other day...still getting used to it, but it has a lot of potential for me, I think.

St. Quentin Scar begs to differ. Easily the best map in the game.

Agreed. It's close with Empire's Edge for me, but I think it wins out.

Played an operations round last night where we couldnt we take the first map before the Amiens suburbs. Forget what its called. We even had a blimp on the last sector but every time we captured a point, the enemy team came rushing in and took it back within seconds. This went on for like half an hour. I had no idea why no one was staying back to defend objectives. We had multiple tanks throughout the round, but we couldnt hold anything for more than a few seconds.

I look at the scoreboard at the end of the round. I am at 2nd place with 30k points and over 50 kills and 30 deaths. The only guy above me has 144 kills and only 20 deaths and only a couple thousand extra points IIRC. And there is a guy in 10th place with 109 kills and no deaths.

i have no idea how you can get that many kills without playing the objective. The 0 deaths guy was either a pilot or hacking. I never felt like they were taking out any enemies because every objective fell immediately and there were barely any guys around to help me keep it. Our best guys were our worst guys and totally sold us out.

Tanks doing shit all but killing
A really effective sniper

That'll about do it haha.

Your problem was typical random syndrome. They take an objective then immediately race to the next one. Leaving the first one vulnerable to a re-take.

It's a guaranteed ticket bleed. Easiest way to defend against teams like that is to keep dedicated squads on each objective. Once they take one they always make it harder for the next one but by the time they get there, the dedicated squad on the one that just fell takes it back easy.

Tactics 101 that, rinse and repeat until all tickets gone. Even with behemoth it's still easy and the tactics don't change. It just gets boring as hell when they are forced back to their territory line and they all resort to sniping because they give up.

I'm starting to get used to the flow of the game, and am loving it. I'm still struggling with where lines of sights are and good places for cover, but I've been replaying the same two Operations maps over and over again to get used to them.

Also, I'm trying out the medic class, and the sweeper is fun to use. But what is up with teammates skipping to redeploy right away when I'm like 5 meters away to revive? Like seriously, I'm standing right next to a guy who died ready to revive him, and nope, stuck the syringe in the ground.

I'm starting to get used to the flow of the game, and am loving it. I'm still struggling with where lines of sights are and good places for cover, but I've been replaying the same two Operations maps over and over again to get used to them.

Also, I'm trying out the medic class, and the sweeper is fun to use. But what is up with teammates skipping to redeploy right away when I'm like 5 meters away to revive? Like seriously, I'm standing right next to a guy who died ready to revive him, and nope, stuck the syringe in the ground.

Because most blueberries don't actually revive team mates and skipping to respawn becomes force of habit. I've done it myself out of reflex when playing with gaffers and wasted tickets. Also if I can see the guy who killed me camping my body then I'll release to save the medic from getting ambushed and hopefully spawn on them instead.

What's the best sniper in this game?

The Model 10 Hunter

large.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Tanks doing shit all but killing
A really effective sniper

That'll about do it haha.

Your problem was typical random syndrome. They take an objective then immediately race to the next one. Leaving the first one vulnerable to a re-take.

It's a guaranteed ticket bleed. Easiest way to defend against teams like that is to keep dedicated squads on each objective. Once they take one they always make it harder for the next one but by the time they get there, the dedicated squad on the one that just fell takes it back easy.

Tactics 101 that, rinse and repeat until all tickets gone. Even with behemoth it's still easy and the tactics don't change. It just gets boring as hell when they are forced back to their territory line and they all resort to sniping because they give up.

The tanks kept going from one objective to the other, so it's not like they were camping. i wouldve preferred two tanks stay at objectives and have the rest take C but everyone just kept moving. just a bizarre game all around.

I think the only Alt i have ever made (not counting MMO's) is Warcraft 3. I was much better on my second account.

I rest my case haha

I literally made my current account because my wife started playing MW2 on my old account and I couldn't hack the KDR drop (This was 7 years ago when I was a foolish lad)

Now I kept my 'alt' haha

Top Bottom