• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Azzawon

Ive felt that its actually been running better. I play mainly rush and operations.

Tried a hard reset last night and yes, it does run much better than what I found first time around. Not really seeing much difference compared to the original performance of what I'm used to, but thank God they finally added the quit button after a game.

Alpende

Which is the best hipfire SMG for assault? i'm liking the regular m1918 so far, is the trench version good? I like how fast it shoots

Is it just me or are none of the SMG's meant to be used in ADS? The sights bounce around too much for me

A lot of people like the Automatico but I think it shoots too fast. I usually just take the MP18 trench or optical. I also think SMGs arent meant to be used in ADS, can't seem to hit shit when I'm aiming down the sights.

Which is the best hipfire SMG for assault? i'm liking the regular m1918 so far, is the trench version good? I like how fast it shoots

Is it just me or are none of the SMG's meant to be used in ADS? The sights bounce around too much for me

When it comes to hipfiring. The trench variants are the best.

Automatico M1918(Trench)>MP18(Trench)>Hellriegel(only factory)

I'll ADS with the Hellriegel and MP18, but I almost never ADS with the Automatico.

This game is really fucking unbearable to play with randoms. Can attribute 50% of my deaths directly to a teammates doing something fucking moronic.

meppi

This game is really fucking unbearable to play with randoms. Can attribute 50% of my deaths directly to a teammates doing something fucking moronic.

Yeah this really feels like it's gotten worse with every iteration.
People seem to be getting dumber. :-/

Also, I don't know what it is but I seem to a fucking magnet when it comes to randomly thrown grenades that normally should have no chance in hell of hurting anyone, let alone killing someone. I mean shit, I'm easily gettin 5+ deaths a game by the random spam that bounces of 3 walls and then lands at my feet.

Also yeah, the killing behind walls and such has become increasingly worse.
From launch till the first big patch it was fine, but afterwards it started behaving like BF4.
Not good at all.

Alpende

I don't know if it's because of the holiday revisions of the battlepacks but I got 2 puzzle pieces (1 for each puzzle) in 2 or 3 battlepacks. Did they increase the drop rates?

bosseye

Some irritating stuff tonight. Played Iron Walls with the Hunter model 10, all worked as expected (in fact one of my better runs with the shotgun), played Kaiserschlact next and it was awful - point blank shots only taking off 83 health, multiple shots not registering, dying repeatedly behind cover...just a shit server I guess but I got hammered in terms if kdr.

I hate how the LMGs feel so weak compared to SMGs. The TTK is atrocious. They really need to fix the trench SMG variant spam, the hipfire is OP. You just spray whilst hipfiring and then they die.

Mahonay

Banned
Welcome to a Battlefield game close to launch. Lots of people with no clue of what they should be doing to help their team, or don't know in what ways they can negatively impact their team by doing things like giving up a tank.

Podge293

What's really starting to piss me off is squad members spamming the "request order" when there's clearly an order up there.

So fucking annoying.

Still had a good session today. High k/ds, a few wins, a few close losses. Gained a level or two (still low level) Operations is great

New002

What's really starting to piss me off is squad members spamming the "request order" when there's clearly an order up there.

So fucking annoying.

Still had a good session today. High k/ds, a few wins, a few close losses. Gained a level or two (still low level) Operations is great

Yeah I see this alot. My guess is that while you as squad leader have already set an objective, there's a squad member way off at another point and they want you to switch it. That's my best guess. Or it could just be people don't pay attention.

The Dude

I play solo and I'm at 160 hours, and my win percentage is about 70%. I mean I dunno, I've found most of my deaths are me being stupid or reacting rather than surveying a situation better, not really what others are doing. Just saying, I don't think I can blame others for my own deaths most of the time

Ravek

Banned

So fucking annoying.

My buddies and I do this to each other specifically to piss whomever the squad leader is off. Soooo much fun.

With randoms I haven't really experienced that though.

Ravek

Banned
Same with my friends and I.

:: Request Order ::

Squad Leader: dude it's on B

SL: it's on FUCKING B

(We capture B and immediately spam Request Order)

SL: stop trying to fucking take lead away from me. Go to Charlie.

SL: you're a bunch of assholes

terrible

Banned

So fucking annoying.

I kick people from the squad if they do that a few times. I got a lengthy rage message one time I did just that, he really thought he was something special. I laughed.

WillyFive

So fucking annoying.

Yeah, it's annoying. I should start just kicking them.

Squad Leader: dude it's on B

SL: it's on FUCKING B

(We capture B and immediately spam Request Order)

SL: stop trying to fucking take lead away from me. Go to Charlie.

SL: you're a bunch of assholes
as soon as a order has been completed, they would start spamming requesting orders as well :p

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I kick people from the squad if they do that a few times. I got a lengthy rage message one time I did just that, he really thought he was something special. I laughed.

Wait, you can kick people if you're Squad Leader?

post-62416-The-Wire-Wee-Bey-Brice-OMG-WTF-tm9I.gif

The Dude

I do think of sort of sucks that you can't really even take a second to select your plane and package, or skin without someone taking the slot. They should at least give you 5 seconds to do so

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah it changed everything when I learned about it. I only use it when someone is obviously griefing though.
Yeah if some random is spamming Request Order nonstop and obviously trying to hijack the squad leader from me, I pretty quickly give them the boot. Sometimes they'll keep coming back in until I lock the squad.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think I am done with this game unless they fix these goddamn mother fucking bunkers. just get rid of them. i get that they tried to fix them by giving people capturing on top more weight but it doesnt work when the entire fucking enemy team is in the bunker covering all three exits reviving each other. this is not how the game was meant to be played. some guy ended up with a 150 kills because they kept us from capturing the very last B flag in Argonne Forest. there were like 15 people in there. one guy had his flamethrower. the rest were covering exits and chucking grenades out. we had no fucking shot.

I routinely go through this on Monte Grappa. Once again, this is not world war 1. this is not how any FPS is meant to be played. they need to just completely elimiate all bunkers in the next update because otherwise people will simply start quitting. that douchebag with 150 kills ended up with the 2.0x bonus despite us kicking ass on the first map and somewhat easily getting to the final sector on the Argonne Forest.

A FPS should be about shooting. i dont know wtf this whole bunker bullshit is supposed to be about. does DICE even play their own game?

And no I am not butthurt because i lost an easy win with three battalions left. I have done exactly that on the last Desert map. But there arent bunkers to hide in like a bunch of pussies. there are buildings you can easily destroy or enter from different entrances. we fought hard to keep them from winning. these guys hiding in the underground bunkers did no actual fighting. they just kept chucking grenades for thirty minutes and went home with 60k points they didnt earn.

Fix this shit DICE.

I don't mind the bunkers. In fact, I find the obvious choke points that end up in grenade spamming carnage to be a bit of light relief, albeit in an absurd way. As ever, the onus is on you to stop people digging in there beforehand.

Podge293

Played team death match today for the first time. Damn those games are quick. I think the average time for 6 games was about 9 minutes ha

All in the hunt of the medal.

I got two puzzle pieces yesterday. Really surprised

I haven't gotten a single puzzle piece since I started playing 2 months ago. A couple days ago I got puzzle pieces in consecutive maps. So I think they must have increased the droprate. Maybe it's a holiday bonus. Either way, at this rate I'll have both the puzzles completed by... August. Hooray...

Ravek

Banned
I haven't gotten a single puzzle piece since I started playing 2 months ago. A couple days ago I got puzzle pieces in consecutive maps. So I think they must have increased the droprate. Maybe it's a holiday bonus. Either way, at this rate I'll have both the puzzles completed by... August. Hooray...

Bet you can't wait for the new puzzles that'll probably come with the first premium dlc.

Olengie

I think I am done with this game unless they fix these goddamn mother fucking bunkers. just get rid of them. i get that they tried to fix them by giving people capturing on top more weight but it doesnt work when the entire fucking enemy team is in the bunker covering all three exits reviving each other. this is not how the game was meant to be played. some guy ended up with a 150 kills because they kept us from capturing the very last B flag in Argonne Forest. there were like 15 people in there. one guy had his flamethrower. the rest were covering exits and chucking grenades out. we had no fucking shot.

I routinely go through this on Monte Grappa. Once again, this is not world war 1. this is not how any FPS is meant to be played. they need to just completely elimiate all bunkers in the next update because otherwise people will simply start quitting. that douchebag with 150 kills ended up with the 2.0x bonus despite us kicking ass on the first map and somewhat easily getting to the final sector on the Argonne Forest.

A FPS should be about shooting. i dont know wtf this whole bunker bullshit is supposed to be about. does DICE even play their own game?

And no I am not butthurt because i lost an easy win with three battalions left. I have done exactly that on the last Desert map. But there arent bunkers to hide in like a bunch of pussies. there are buildings you can easily destroy or enter from different entrances. we fought hard to keep them from winning. these guys hiding in the underground bunkers did no actual fighting. they just kept chucking grenades for thirty minutes and went home with 60k points they didnt earn.

Fix this shit DICE.

That's what I call good team work

Yeah I believe 0-90 is the same exp as 90-100.
Yeah, it is. I need 600,000 XP to reach 91.

So fucking annoying.
The order might be absolutely useless. If you place an order for A but we're not taking it, place it on another flag that we have so we can get 200 XP for defending it. Most people aren't aware and just place an order thinking it's good enough.
I play solo and I'm at 160 hours, and my win percentage is about 70%. I mean I dunno, I've found most of my deaths are me being stupid or reacting rather than surveying a situation better, not really what others are doing. Just saying, I don't think I can blame others for my own deaths most of the time
I'm at a 74% win percent and my k/D is at 2.99 now. Randoms are seriously incompetent most of the time, but I try to make the most of it.

How many plane kills are you at now? I'm at 1,100 now.

The Dude

Yeah, it is. I need 600,000 XP to reach 91.

The order might be absolutely useless. If you place an order for A but we're not taking it, place it on another flag that we have so we can get 200 XP for defending it. Most people aren't aware and just place an order thinking it's good enough.

I'm at a 74% win percent and my k/D is at 2.99 now. Randoms are seriously incompetent most of the time, but I try to make the most of it.

How many plane kills are you at now? I'm at 1,100 now.

Nice kd man. I'm at 37 service stars and 3, 719 kills. I can't stop flying Lmao

terrible

Banned
Played team death match today for the first time. Damn those games are quick. I think the average time for 6 games was about 9 minutes ha

All in the hunt of the medal.
Domination still wins the award for most needlessly quick mode of all-time. I've had games finish in under 3 minutes lol. They need to double or triple the tickets or slow ticket bleed substantially.

Ravek

Banned
Rant time.

For atleast the third time, I have went to go open a battlepack and then the game fucks up and does whatever it does....And I lose the battlepack.

What in the fucking fuck DICE?!

RANT OVER.

Rant time.

For atleast the third time, I have went to go open a battlepack and then the game fucks up and does whatever it does....And I lose the battlepack.

RANT OVER.
Or how about when the game boots you and it counts as a loss.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm currently standing at level 91, with a 68 percent win ratio. 1,055 SPM, 3.15 KD, and 39 service stars with the heavy tank.

I really love the heavy tank.

Top Bottom