• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Kal

Personally I like to run and gun with the scopeless SMLE or Gewehr 98. The 98 is a beast and very satisfying to use.

For me, the Gewehr M.95 Infantry as I generally play as a more aggressive Scout, might be my favorite, but there are a bunch of great options. It lacks a sweet spot, but has special multipliers that result in shots doing high damage, and resulting in a lot of assist counts as kill situations, and a lot of clean-up kills on people who are a bit injured. The RPM isn't bad either, and landing a second follow-up shot is often easy. The Martini was my favorite sniper before, but this gun is a gem too. The SMLE isn't bad here as well.

If you're doing longer range sniping, I'd say it's a bit more personal preference, and from how far away you like to engage the enemy. Since I generally don't like to stay tooooo far from the action, I often use the Russian 1895 when I want to do a bit more ranged sniping.

Thanks for the responses! I'm not a big fan of longer range sniping as I like to PTO; the Martini suited my play style (mid range) and I'm a bit gutted it was nerfed as it wasn't perfect. Seems the Gewehr M.95 Infantry is right up my alley so I'll give it a try :)

Good games to Johan and DROB. I've never seen so many level 90's and a level 100 on one team lol. We steamrolled the enemy team. My tank gameplay is not too shabby ;)

Lulu23

Trying my hand at flying. Slightly improving. But I"m still a noob.

Doesn't help that the planes lag all over the place with DICE trying to disguise it as turbulence with that annoying shaking animation. They've even increased the bandwidth available for planes with a patch but it's still far from smooth.

I'd say 50% of deaths in planes isn't when somebody is shooting at me but when I can't correct for the latency and crash into something.
Makes flying planes so frustrating. Almost as stupid as turbulence in GTA V (way to ruin one aspect of your game).

Turkoop

Banned
Yup, I found them.
C0mOjnIWIAQrTMf.jpg

Thanks for the responses! I'm not a big fan of longer range sniping as I like to PTO; the Martini suited my play style (mid range) and I'm a bit gutted it was nerfed as it wasn't perfect. Seems the Gewehr M.95 Infantry is right up my alley so I'll give it a try :)
You're welcome! It sounds like you and I might play a similar style of Scout, at least when I play a more close-mid range style. Originally I was a bit turned off by the lack of sweet spot with the Gewehr M.95, but the other attributes of the gun more than make up for it in my opinion.

I just hope DICE buffs the Martini, as it's currently still the weapon I have the second-most kills with, and frankly, it needs a buff to stay competitive with the other Scout rifles in my opinion.

SHEF

Looks like servers have died again. All stats gone. Before I noticed I tried opening a battlepack which then errored and vanished just before they went down. Hope it comes back.

Alright level 10 tanker, the skin you get for it is pretty good. All I need is Cavalry 10 (at 9 atm) and I'll be done. I don't think Cavalry gets anything for 10, which is disappointing.

Oh, 10 Cavalry does get something. It's just a white horse, lol.

Christmas noob here. Go easy on me plz. I've had a PS4 forever but don't know why I decided to buy it until now. Servers seem to be down at the moment for me though.

Ovid

My W/L ratio is 22%. I think that's why I get so frustrated with this game.

I've only put in about 10 hrs of gameplay but it's hard to get into this game when you're losing 80% of the time.

You're at the mercy of whatever team has an open slot. Most likely you will be on the losing side because those people tend to quit.

EDIT: Wow, you guys actually care K/D ratios in BF!? I would die 100x and only have 1 kill as long as my time won in any BF game. I even sacrifice myself sometimes.

Mahonay

Banned

I've only put in about 10 hrs of gameplay but it's hard to get into this game when you're losing 80% of the time.

You're at the mercy of whatever team has an open slot. Most likely you will be on the losing side because those people tend to quit.

EDIT: Wow, you guys actually care K/D ratios in BF!? I would die 100x and only have 1 kill as long as my time won in any BF game. I even sacrifice myself sometimes.
What is your SPM?

Olengie

Doesn't help that the planes lag all over the place with DICE trying to disguise it as turbulence with that annoying shaking animation. They've even increased the bandwidth available for planes with a patch but it's still far from smooth.

I'd say 50% of deaths in planes isn't when somebody is shooting at me but when I can't correct for the latency and crash into something.
Makes flying planes so frustrating. Almost as stupid as turbulence in GTA V (way to ruin one aspect of your game).

Most of my deaths in planes is accidentally crashing. Lol.

bosseye

Not just me then. I was having errors last night getting online so thought my usually rock solid connection might be at fault; all working today, I can get into psn etc, but whenever I fire up BF it says "Looks like you're offline! How about some campaign?" and then trying to connect or go to the store or whatever just gives a "All servers are currently at capacity" message.

Electric stuff.

RIP new players. A lot of the other team were really low ranks like >9. I went 42-1 (my death came before I got my light tank, lol). And a guy on my squad in a heavy tank went 33-1. I felt bad. When that game ended there where only like 15 of them that stayed in the lobby. One guy went 6-30.

I care about winning too. Even though you're willing to die for the team, you have to make sure it's a worthwhile death. Sometimes it can be a detriment to the team if you're dying constantly. I'd say stick close to your team and help kill enemies and capture the objective. But try to stay hidden if you're by your teammates. You don't want to reveal your position.

Theorry

Ah so PC and PS4 problems.

Thought this was looking weird haha. Mostly PS4 has the most players.

PC: 34,342 (24h peak: 69,924)

XBOXONE: 216,199 (24h peak: 216,199)

PS4: 160,019 (24h peak: 207,548)

Ravek

Banned
I hate the ricochet mechanic, the AT rocket gun becomes almost useless when 50% of your shots just bounce off. It's what makes the tank so OP.

Wait, are you saying you hate doing only 2 or 3 damage on a heavy tank when you hit straight on?

Me. Fucking. Too.

I rage every single time it happens.

Top Bottom