• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Well that fucking sucks. I get dropped from servers somewhat often.

I can't confirm if they 100% count as losses but I know on battlefieldtracker they show up as losses at least.
It definitely does. Before a game I was sitting at a 72% win percentage and the game kicked me out of two team death match games because of low players counts and I got losses for both. I was salty as hell.

So your win/loss would probably be a little higher if the game didn't count that nonsense, Mahonay.

Vorheez

Is anybody else having to wait a long ass time for operations to start? I always join matches with like 4 people in the server and it takes 20 mins to start

Surfinn

I'm at 90 stars with with the
heavy tank, 1067 SPM and 9k kills with it playing forever alone. Currently at a 4.8 ratio.

My best suggestions are to play the flags, but check your map and the general area for enemies before committing to a flag. Attack other tanks when they're near you. The best package is default if you're playing on an open conquest map because of its carrying capacity for infantry and especially for its smoke screen ability. If you run out of ammo retreat to somewhere safe if you're in danger and hit R to start reloading much faster. Wait until you're at 6 shells before attacking again to maximize efficiency. Switch to your secondary fire to hit enemies who are level or uphill.

Mahonay

Banned
What are the best tips you can offer? I might start tanking a bit eventually

Yeah, I'd like some tips as well!
- Reload whenever you're out of action. Always try to have a full round of tank shots before you get into a fight.

- Take full advantage of your auto repair measures. Don't start using it until you are down below 80 percent tank health.

- While in a tank fight and your auto repair is still on cooldown, roll back behind cover and use your manual repair function. Then pop out and re-engage.

- If possible, have someone in your squad play Support with a repair tool and roll with them in your tank. When you take damage have them jump out and use the repair wrench behind your tank, out of harms way.

- Alternatively, try and first kill any enemy Support players that are repairing the other tanks you are fighting.

- When fighting infantry, take out any Assault players you see first. Other classes are obviously less of a threat to you, other than when a Support player gets close with a Limpet mine.

- Call out those enemy Assault players to your squadmates. Having your teammates take out Assault players coming for you will help keep you from taking those unsurvivable attacks from a barrage of multiple enemy Assault players.

- Scan the ground ahead of you for anti-tank mines.

- Remember that you as a tank driver have a repair wrench as well. In a last ditch effort, jumping out and repairing your tank can help keep you run going longer. It works quicker than the manual repair while inside the tank.

- If there are endless waves of enemies rushing at you from a flag, duck out and just head to another objective. Don't waste time with long unwinnable fights. Your team needs your help elsewhere.

- It's ok to "camp" if you are at the current frontline of a map, to help your team kill enemies trying to push to your side. Rushing through will often just get your tank quickly blown up.

- Armored cars will explode from just one hit from a heavy tank. If you see one, shoot it. Sometimes they will be packed full with 5 enemies.

- If a bomber is slowly coming in for a bombing run on your position, turn your sights up to it and try to knock him out. They are surprisingly easy to hit and destroy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I thought logging in was supposed to give a Battlepack once per day for the holidays?

owlbeak

ANyone else having trouble with the servers (PS4)? Ranks reset to 0 for everyone, nothing showing up on post-round screens, can't use any grenades. :(

terrible

Banned
It definitely does. Before a game I was sitting at a 72% win percentage and the game kicked me out of two team death match games because of low players counts and I got losses for both. I was salty as hell.

So your win/loss would probably be a little higher if the game didn't count that nonsense, Mahonay.

Almost everyone I know is a good 10% lower in win % in BF1 than in BF3 and BF4. I wonder how much of that is due to how disconnects and such are handled.

terrible

Banned
My win percentage was 74 percent in BF4, it's 68 percent now in BF1.

From my most played accounts (I have double or triple dipped with all these games)

BF3: 4.49 W/L, so I guess ~82%?
BF4: 85%
BF1: 73%

Now the interesting thing is on Xbox One my BF1 win % is 84%. That has me in the top 70 overall apparently. That's only after ~50 hours though. It will go down I imagine since I only play with 1 other person.

Mahonay

Banned
My stats are pretty much the same as BF4.

BF4:
W/L: 56%
SPM: 1078
K/D: 1.32

BF1:
W/L: 55%
SPM: 900
K/D: 1.85
My personal performance has gone up in BF1. Definitely feel more comfortable with the gameplay in BF1 than I did in BF4. Win percentage is down, but it would seem I've been racking up loses all the times I've lost connection to their servers.

BF4:
W/L: 74%
SPM: 996
K/D: 2.41

BF1:
W/L: 68%
SPM: 1055
K/D: 3.15

terrible

Banned
I peaked ages ago, my K/D will probably never improve. It sticks around 4-4.5. My KPM has skyrocketed in BF1 though and I can't figure out why. It was like ~1.2 in BF4 but I'm up in the 1.70-1.80 range now in BF1. I guess Domination and Operations are better for that stat than CQ? My accuracy is way up too and I haven't changed my playstyle.

Mahonay

Banned
I peaked ages ago, my K/D will probably never improve. It sticks around 4-4.5. My KPM has skyrocketed in BF1 though and I can't figure out why. It was like ~1.2 in BF4 but I'm up in the 1.70-1.80 range now in BF1. I guess Domination and Operations are better for that stat than CQ? My accuracy is way up too and I haven't changed my playstyle.
Christ that is a high KD. Yeah I pretty much play Conquest exclusively. Played Domination like once. Operations only a handful of times.

terrible

Banned
Christ that is a high KD. Yeah I pretty much play Conquest exclusively. Played Domination like once. Operations only a handful of times.

CQ has always been my mode but I don't know, something about it in BF1 really turns me off. I don't know if it's the maps, vehicles, or behemoths but I'm not feeling it this time around. I've pretty much only been playing Dom with some TDM and Operations sprinkled in.

Or maybe after thousands of hours playing CQ across all the BF games I'm finally sick of the mode lol.

Orcus

- If there are endless waves of enemies rushing at you from a flag, duck out and just head to another objective. Don't waste time with long unwinnable fights. Your team needs your help elsewhere.
God, I wish everyone followed that advice in all situations for all maps. I've lost so many winnable games because my team will focus on the center meat grinder objective(s) instead of getting the other capture points.

Lender

ZP71jTz.gif

Must be one of my best shots in the game. :D

For me, the Gewehr M.95 Infantry as I generally play as a more aggressive Scout, might be my favorite, but there are a bunch of great options. It lacks a sweet spot, but has special multipliers that result in shots doing high damage, and resulting in a lot of assist counts as kill situations, and a lot of clean-up kills on people who are a bit injured. The RPM isn't bad either, and landing a second follow-up shot is often easy. The Martini was my favorite sniper before, but this gun is a gem too. The SMLE isn't bad here as well.

If you're doing longer range sniping, I'd say it's a bit more personal preference, and from how far away you like to engage the enemy. Since I generally don't like to stay tooooo far from the action, I often use the Russian 1895 when I want to do a bit more ranged sniping.

Mahonay

Banned
So bolt action rifles mode..... this is not an actual mode you can find in game, it's only something you have to dig through servers for?
Yep. It's a only a custom setting people who rent servers can set. It's not one of their official playlists, which I don't understand why.

But in the server search options, if you select Standard Issue Rifles for weapons, it'll bring up any servers hosting it.

Yep. It's a only a custom setting people who rent servers can set. It's not one of their official playlists, which I don't understand why.

But in the server search options, if you select Standard Issue Rifles for weapons, it'll bring up any servers hosting it.

Man I wish they made it official custom playlist, such a cool sounding mode

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I'm taking quite a liking to the howitzer light tank. Seems to two-shot other light tanks and disable them with one hit and can take on heavies with a bit of maneuvering and smart use of the smoke canisters. Not bad at all. Only major downside to it is the low number of shells (3) and long reload time.

bosseye

Is PSN down for anyone else? I can't get the Pro to connect to the internet at all. Works fine for my other devices, so I'm assuming its a Sony problem.

bosseye

Hmmmm, Sony reckon all green lights their end but I haven't been able to connect all evening. Was fine the other day. Most odd. Fails to obtain an ip address.

Top Bottom