• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Surfinn

I try very hard to hit the straight on. But dammit, it does suck when you hit the corner. lol.
I'm not sure what the deflection adds to the game. It's usually by accident and I don't think a driver should be rewarded for the fact that they just so happened to drive down a hill.

meppi

I guess crippling the Marini Henry wasn't good enough for Dice, now they felt the need to remove the barrel as well so you can't aim at all! :p

UZjES9h.png

And I'm done. 10 Calvary was all I needed, the white horse is pretty cool. Well technically my Medic is only level 7, but I already have the Selb 1906 from earlier. So everything is level 10 and unlocked.

Speaking of the progression system, it's bad. You pretty much unlock everything by levels 3/4 and after that there is nothing until level 10. I can see how people that don't play the game a lot benefit from it. However, for the people that actually put in a lot of time there is nothing for them.

Apt101

Ugh, ending up on a server via quickmatch that has mortars and grenades disabled. Why bother even playing the game? Just go play flag football instead ya cupcakes grrrr

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Now that I have all classes to Level 10, i went back to Assault and have been a royal pain in the ass to everyone with my Hunter and the Hellriegal. I rush and yes, sometimes i die a lot, but i manage to keep a 2+ kdr most of the time and sometimes i get lucky with these moments. lol

b91Oufa.gif

E1ztMCz.gif

Also got 100+ for the first time with 90% of the kills on foot. As a mostly CoD (blops), Uncharted and Killzone player, I am finally good at battlefield for the first time. Feels good.

C0o_YX8WEAgWa6a.jpg

Apt101

Took part in my first operation, Iron Walls, on the winning side as Italy. That was a lot of fun. I should really try the campaign out.

OK tank hunter Landship is my new favorite tank. You get a TankGewehr for the driver weapon which has a lot of range so you can pop planes regularly as well as being the bane of light tanks.

v1lla21

That model 10 is a stupid gun. Thankfully I haven't ran into it much.
Played a bit today and I was rolling with a squad that was pretty much doing all the work for the whole team but we still lost. At least my win percentage is up to 65! Lol

Update.... so turns out the update completely made the game unplayable for me. When I manage to get into a game, it either crashes or loses 30 to 40 fps regardless of settings (before I could play on a mix of high and Ultra at around 60 to 70 fps). Even on low, the fps never go above 40 now.

Fucking hell DICE. Are they doing a reverse BF4 now? Launch in working order and then shit the bed later?

bosseye

Argonne Forest operation with a load of new players was fun, never had so many kills with the Hunter 10, straight to the top of the board in k/d alone. I got all carried away, got a bit excited.

Next game I was back with people who know what they're doing and I was brought back to earth with a bump, hello mid table obscurity ha.

SlimySnake

Mondragon storm.

Got killed by this gun like 10 times in a round yesterday. Both guys had like 80 kills each with this thing. i have never seen medics do so much killing. i unlocked it and yep, despite the 10 mag size, it's accurate and very deadly.

Don't do it. Seriously, just stick to Operations. The campaign is a hot broken mess. One of the worst SPs in years.

Yeah, i have only played 3-4 missions and they are just so goddamn boring. i had no idea how you can make a tank level boring but they did.

That model 10 is a stupid gun. Thankfully I haven't ran into it much.
Played a bit today and I was rolling with a squad that was pretty much doing all the work for the whole team but we still lost. At least my win percentage is up to 65! Lol

My win percentage is still stuck at 50%. i am at in the top 74% on battlefield tracker despite being in the top 5% for SPM.

Also the model 10 is extremely inconsistent. It gets me kills from ridiculous range at times and yet sometimes i am right in front of the guy and all i will get is hit markers for 2-3 shots before they finish me off.

Akai__

"Airborne Cannon" in "High Places" is such a ridiculous challenge...

The campaign was actually good, otherwise. Even collecting the Field Guide's and getting the other challenges was fine.

Lol this was like the first time I’ve got tea bagged. So I’m doing really well in my attack plane, so the other team just starts manning the AAs constantly now. I get shot down and I bail out right over a tank hunter kit (pretty lucky!) So I kill a bunch of people with it and I’m trapped in this building really far from any teammates and I only have like 20hp since kits don’t regen health (my squad mates don’t ever spawn on me, what’s new.) This one squad of like +80 players kept rushing into the building trying to kill me. I mean I killed them pretty easily since I have the sawed off. Finally after the third attempt one of them kills me because my sawed off did 99 damage…99. He was a 95 then just starts to teabag me and his buddies come and start to. I just lol’d. On the bright side I finally made it to 80.

5taquitos

Is the Standard Issue Rifle Custom Game not on consoles? I can't find it.

There don't seem to be any servers running it, at least not any that ever have any players.

It's super disappointing.

It's also really hard to find the Standard Issue Rifle filter in the server browser, it's at the bottom of one of the filter lists, and doesn't seem to be in the right place. I can't remember which filter it's in.

v1lla21

I teabag people all the time. It triggers them and when they come back for me I just kill them amd I proceed to teabag them again.

SlimySnake

Lol this was like the first time I’ve got tea bagged. So I’m doing really well in my attack plane, so the other team just starts manning the AAs constantly now. I get shot down and I bail out right over a tank hunter kit (pretty lucky!) So I kill a bunch of people with it and I’m trapped in this building really far from any teammates and I only have like 20hp since kits don’t regen health (my squad mates don’t ever spawn on me, what’s new.) This one squad of like +80 players kept rushing into the building trying to kill me. I mean I killed them pretty easily since I have the sawed off. Finally after the third attempt one of them kills me because my sawed off did 99 damage…99. He was a 95 then just starts to teabag me and his buddies come and start to. I just lol’d. On the bright side I finally made it to 80.

lol i always forget about that sawed off gun. i did teabag someone for the first time in my life last night. got put into this really shitty domination match on Sinai Desert where my entire team and squad were at B sniping at A and C, and i was trying to do the shotgun challenge. died like 5 times trying to get out of that stupid B flag. And when i did get there, this medic kept surviving my hunter shots to the face and killing me with his shitty medic starter gun.

so yeah, when i finally did get him after losing three 1v1 fights to his Cel-Rigotti, i had no choice but to teabag him.

OK tank hunter Landship is my new favorite tank. You get a TankGewehr for the driver weapon which has a lot of range so you can pop planes regularly as well as being the bane of light tanks.

You can also harass the airship from across the map. It's not a PTFO tank though, capping flags with it usually doesn't end well.

The Dude

Guys what's easiest way to do gifs? I mean do you really have to put them on a USB stick then take them to PC?

Its hilarious, I had a moment in a game where someone was attacking me in a plane from behind, I on accident jumped out of my plane... And I fell a bit but was able to get back INTO my plane lol and fly off to safety. It was so epic. But get this... My ps4 won't load the video in my capture gallery, I don't get that.. It's like thaf file is messed up. Maybe a reboot, but damn I gotta get that as a gif or video lol

The Beard

Why can I only get 2 matches (Conquest 64) in before the server becomes a 15 vs. 12?

This game is getting worse the longer it's out. Still haven't fixed the glitch where you can't fire your weapon after getting revived.

Xyber

I have been giving the M97 Trench Gun Sweeper shotgun a go over the past week and I have to say that I prefer it over the Model 10 now.

It might not have the range of the model 10, but it still does very good at range and the extra pellet they gave the gun really made it more consistent for ranges where it should be 1-shot-kills.

The main reason why I prefer it is the much higher fire rate. When you get a good flank going and you find a group of people, you have a way better chance of clearing them all out before they realise what's happening.

terrible

Banned
Guys what's easiest way to do gifs? I mean do you really have to put them on a USB stick then take them to PC?

Its hilarious, I had a moment in a game where someone was attacking me in a plane from behind, I on accident jumped out of my plane... And I fell a bit but was able to get back INTO my plane lol and fly off to safety. It was so epic. But get this... My ps4 won't load the video in my capture gallery, I don't get that.. It's like thaf file is messed up. Maybe a reboot, but damn I gotta get that as a gif or video lol

On PS4 probably the easiest way is to USB transfer it to your PC, yeah. I use ezgif to convert the video to a gif and then optimize personally.

New002

Man I really love the MG15 n.A. Supressive. I'm gonna miss it once I hit level 10. I'm flying through the (support) ranks. Gonna hop back to medic once I hit 10. Saving scout for last since it's by far my worst class :(

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Damn, the Huot is a laser gun. Virtually no recoil or spread as far as I can tell. Still prefer the BAR Trench, but the Huot seems like a good choice for mid-range precision shooting as far as Support is concerned.

Alpende

"Airborne Cannon" in "High Places" is such a ridiculous challenge...

The campaign was actually good, otherwise. Even collecting the Field Guide's and getting the other challenges was fine.

I hated that one as well. I don't know if it helped me but I deleted the patch, reinstalled the game without the patch and got it after 2-3 times.

Maybe it was a placebo effect but I thought the AA gun didn't overheat as fast without the patch.

Akai__

I hated that one as well. I don't know if it helped me but I deleted the patch, reinstalled the game without the patch and got it after 2-3 times.

Maybe it was a placebo effect but I thought the AA gun didn't overheat as fast without the patch.

Not possible for me, since it's digital and digital always installs the latest version. My problem is not the overheating anyways. I have many attempts where my shots just don't seem to register sometimes and reading through video descriptions and TrueAchievement comments yesterday, it seems that's the case here. Not only is it a shitty challenge, but it's also bugged. Great.

Also something I just noticed:

Left is what you get, if you "Restart Mission". Right is what you get if you "Restart from Checkpoint". That's quite the difference... lol

terrible

Banned
Damn, the Huot is a laser gun. Virtually no recoil or spread as far as I can tell. Still prefer the BAR Trench, but the Huot seems like a good choice for mid-range precision shooting as far as Support is concerned.

The Huot is a laser beam but at 7 bullets to kill at 40M+ it almost doesn't matter that it's so accurate since it takes another bullet to kill compared to most of the other LMGs. At mid range you're likely only going to have enough ammo to take out one person and if you're going to use an LMG that can only take out one person at a time you might as well go with the BAR since it's good up close too.

I'll only use the Huot just for something different. I don't think its advantages outweigh its disadvantages personally.

SlimySnake

Played with the gaf crew for the first time last night. That was a lot of fun. We actually got bogged down in the Argonne Forest with the enemy team furiously defending A in the second to last sector. Some guy on that team had like 87 kills.

Our squad was the difference as we flanked them and sat near/on A until help arrived. Crazy how one squad can make the difference. should have saved the clip because i must have shotgunned like 10 people lying prone at A while enemies tried to kill everyone around me. Absolute madness.

Got put on the other team in the next round and was spawn camped. Thanks gaf! lol

Yeah, the Huot is definitely my favorite after the BAR. If the Huot did more damage I'd probably prefer it over the BAR. However, the BAR is just too good not to use.

Surfinn

After getting like 10 stars or so with the BAR, I made the switch to MG15 Suppressive. Sure it's not as good up close but my god if you're in a position to kill more than two guys the thing really shines. I've liked like 4 guys before cooling down. That shit isn't happening with any BAR.

After getting like 10 stars or so with the BAR, I made the switch to MG15 Suppressive. Sure it's not as good up close but my god if you're in a position to kill more than two guys the thing really shines. I've liked like 4 guys before cooling down. That shit isn't happening with any BAR.
Bar would truly be monstrous if it had a larger clip size. MG.15 is really nice though.

lawnchair

Banned
been having a problem the past couple of weeks when i try to throw my dynamite out. the first few times i press the button the dynamite isn't goin. sometimes it takes a few button presses. i've died several times cuz of this. anybody else had this problem? its happened with multiple controllers so i dont think there's an issue there..

SlimySnake

been having a problem the past couple of weeks when i try to throw my dynamite out. the first few times i press the button the dynamite isn't goin. sometimes it takes a few button presses. i've died several times cuz of this. anybody else had this problem? its happened with multiple controllers so i dont think there's an issue there..
I've had that happen. I stopped using dynamite because of that. And now my stupid Model 10 Hunter locks up after the first shot like 25% of the time. it's kinda weird because sometimes i hear it reload after a few seconds so it's not like my R2 trigger is messed up.... it almost like there is an ingame mechanism that locks it up. considering the fact that there is a ricochet mechanic in the game for AT Rockets, i wouldnt be surprised if they have something similar for shotguns and grenade/dynamite spams.

I've had that happen. I stopped using dynamite because of that. And now my stupid Model 10 Hunter locks up after the first shot like 25% of the time. it's kinda weird because sometimes i hear it reload after a few seconds so it's not like my R2 trigger is messed up.... it almost like there is an ingame mechanism that locks it up. considering the fact that there is a ricochet mechanic in the game for AT Rockets, i wouldnt be surprised if they have something similar for shotguns and grenade/dynamite spams.

Almost seems realistic for the time :p

Ovid

Win percentage went from 22% to 20% since I last posted (two days ago).

I've given up on this game and got rid of it. The last straw came when I was finally on the winning team and the game decided to switch me to the other team.

I put in 10 hrs and really tried to like it but it's just inferior compared to BF4. I really liked the desert maps though.

I've given up on this game and got rid it. The last straw came when I was finally on the winning team and the game decided to switch me to the other team.

I put in 10 hrs and really tried to like it but it's just inferior compared to BF4. I really liked the desert maps though.
Lol

The Dude

I've given up on this game and got rid it. The last straw came when I was finally on the winning team and the game decided to switch me to the other team.

Lol, I can't even..

Meccs

It's so sad that there are no private servers. I saw two non DICE servers today though. Is the high pricing the reason? I had hoped to see at least a few 32/48 player servers...

Ovid

Lol, I can't even..
:)

It's all good. This game just isn't for me.

I liked the direction (WWI) but the game feels like a step back. The same issues people have with MW1 to MW2, is basically what I have with this game. All they had to do was make some minor in-game changes to improve on the previous version (BF4 not Hardline). Keep it as it is in a WWI setting and it would have been perfect.

Top Bottom