• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

DaciaJC

Gold Member
K bullets are useless

I tend to conserve them until I see a vehicle backing off to repair or think I might be able to disable a wounded tank with a shot or two. Firing them off at the first opportunity generally won't achieve anything.

WillyFive

After coming across the first 200% ticket/instant spawn/instant vehicle server, I'm having a hard time playing anything else. Operations is now a pain with its 15 second respawn timer after getting used to instant respawns.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Tell people on forums, game chats, Twitter, and even your friends: spot enemies.

There is a serious lack of enemy spotting going on even though it's easy and helps out so much.

I even suggest spotting enemies before shooting them. That habit does get me killed a few times more than I normally would, especially in tight situations, but that is easily outweighed by the positive effects.

Yeah, as a pilot, people spotting enemies is the difference between me shooting blindly at rocks that I think people might need hiding in vs shooting with laser accuracy at enemies from the sky and following it up with a bombing. It helps a lot.

Just got this for christmas been struggling today until i bought the gewher for the scout class. Im in shooter heaven. This gun is a thing of beauty.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Had a funny/frustrating moment in Giant's Shadow today. I was in an arty truck trying to push the frontline, had to retreat when some Assault players started to overwhelm me. As I'm getting the hell out of there, I notice out of the corner of my eye an enemy arty truck get on my tail, chasing me. I was pretty low on HP so I expected my death to be imminent. I heard a bang against my vehicle, but I didn't take any damage, so I thought it might've been a ricochet. Stopped my truck, swung the turret around, and aimed at the enemy truck sitting about 20 feet away. Landed a solid hit, but no damage, not even the sound of a deflect. My opponent reloads and fires another shell, I do the same, and finally we realize we're afflicted with the same bug and laugh together in chat. Some bloke with a rocket gun then put me out of my misery.

Fix this shit, DICE.

terrible

Banned
The best thing about Christmas noobs is that most of them haven't discovered the Model 10 shotgun yet. Man is this game ever better when everyone isn't using a shotgun.

Joe

Do medics without syringes show up on the nearby medics list after dying?

I've been running medic class without a syringe and I'm wondering if people hate my guts.

The Dude

I've been running medic class without a syringe and I'm wondering if people hate my guts.

I don't even play with ya and I already hate your guts

giphy.gif

Skab

Okay, so I'm trying to figure out how to aim the tank hunter rifle better.

Do you have to lead stuff by quite a bit, or is its shots fast enough that you can aim close to stuff at a distance? And how much bullet drop does the thing have?

Sometimes I can shoot a plane out of the sky without having to lead it much if at all, and other times I can shoot 5 times at something relatively close and not hit it once.

Any help is appreciated!

Remmy2112

No, they do not show up on the nearby medics list unless they have a syringe in their kit.

I sure hope they don't but they probably do

edit: oh they do, well that makes me hate the ones who don't revive even more

The Dude

Like a Support without ammo. Whyyyyyyyyyy. So useless.

Exactly, when I'm playing medic I WANT to rez everyone I can, there's no worse feeling than having a few guys hunkered in a spot with you and they die and you can't rez them. I don't know why any medic doesn't want to have that syringe, bringing people back is such a great moment

Damn, this game got old fast. Less than 3 months in and I already have almost no desire to play anymore.

Just nowhere near enough content or depth to keep it interesting.

The Dude

Damn, this game got old fast. Less than 3 months in and I already have almost no desire to play anymore.

Take a break and go play something else a bit, more content will arrive soon enough. I play one or two matches a day as I've slowed down, but 165 hours will do that. Still I don't expect Wall to wall nonstop gaming action, gotta spread it out

Joe

No, they do not show up on the nearby medics list unless they have a syringe in their kit.
Thanks!

I don't even play with ya and I already hate your guts
Like a Support without ammo. Whyyyyyyyyyy. So useless.
Exactly, when I'm playing medic I WANT to rez everyone I can, there's no worse feeling than having a few guys hunkered in a spot with you and they die and you can't rez them. I don't know why any medic doesn't want to have that syringe, bringing people back is such a great moment
I was working on a medal that required me to use the grenade launcher gadget and I was using healthpacks in the other slot.

So Im not sure if it's just the case of the new Christmas noobs or what but does this game seem easier than earlier games?

Like I'm not the absolute best at battlefield games but I'm not horrible. Earlier games, Always play the objective as infantry.. Kills usually 20s maybe 30s with deaths in the teens... Top half of the scoreboard normally.

But this game.. Idk, getting around 40 kills is the norm now with ten to 15 deaths. Just tonight I got close to like 60-10 with just a medic rifle.. That is all i used. I looked at that score and just thought "hmm.. Pretty good game". Then I started thinking about if I got that k-d in BF3 or 4, even in the meat grinder maps, with just a medic rifle.. I would be pretty proud and probably accused of hacking.

With that outta the way.. These god damn noobs better learn to play this game damn quick. I swear in one death I had like 4 medics just waltz right past me. And people need to learn to be a little patient with revives. I mean as soon as they are dead they hit that skip button. Dice needs to fix that.

Grazzt

Granada launcher > revive syringe, come at me
But I really hate medics without health packs or supports without ammo crates

Meccs

How many hours did you play though?

Another topic: I manly play Domination and 40 player Operation since I never liked the 64 player chaos over a longer period. Every now and then it's fun but I always went back to 32 or 48 player servers in previous BF games. In BF1 there are only 64 player servers for Conquest. I don't understand why they didn't include at least a few 32/48 servers. I think I would play this game even more...
As far as I know there isn't even an option to set the player count on rented servers. A big oversight in my opinion.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Did they add game balancing recently or something? In Monte Grappa operations last night, we took all sectors on our first battalion. The other team put up a decent fight especially in the last sector but it wasn't a blowout. For some reason, my squad was then assigned to the defending team on the next map. We had a Behemoth which made sense but i didnt appreciate being forced to play a round i was surely going to lose given how the other team had 3 battalions left just for one map. Surely, they would win it, right?

Nope. We held them back three times and they didnt even get to the last sector. I ended up with a 43k bonus and thanks to some guy who had a squad XP active, got 157k points in one game!

So i guess that moving that one squad did make the difference. It made the game more even (well kinda) and prevented a blowout. The only thing i would change here is that if you put a winning squad into a losing team, give them double xp or something. just in case we lose, our efforts dont go in vain. I like the Behemoth concept to help out the other team especially in blowouts but i like this better.
So Im not sure if it's just the case of the new Christmas noobs or what but does this game seem easier than earlier games?

Like I'm not the absolute best at battlefield games but I'm not horrible. Earlier games, Always play the objective as infantry.. Kills usually 20s maybe 30s with deaths in the teens... Top half of the scoreboard normally.

But this game.. Idk, getting around 40 kills is the norm now with ten to 15 deaths. Just tonight I got close to like 60-10 with just a medic rifle.. That is all i used. I looked at that score and just thought "hmm.. Pretty good game". Then I started thinking about if I got that k-d in BF3 or 4, even in the meat grinder maps, with just a medic rifle.. I would be pretty proud and probably accused of hacking.

With that outta the way.. These god damn noobs better learn to play this game damn quick. I swear in one death I had like 4 medics just waltz right past me. And people need to learn to be a little patient with revives. I mean as soon as they are dead they hit that skip button. Dice needs to fix that.
Depends on what modes you play. Operations is more focused than say Rush and Conquest. you are engaging in shootouts a lot more than you would in bigger modes and the ability to spawn at a flag after you take it makes flanking possible in a way you could never do in Rush.

That and the fact that they have made some fantastic adjustments and improvements to the gunplay means they are more responsive, the lag doesnt result in hit markers like it has in the series since BFBC2 and rewards players who actually want to go out there and play the objective.

I dont wait for medics anymore simply because they are so inconsistent. That said, sometimes i wish they were a bit more cautious. I am blown away by medics who just rush in to revive instead of taking out the guy who just killed me. whenever im playing medic, i am a bit cautious and if i see gun battles going around me, i dont rush in to revive.

Okay, so I'm trying to figure out how to aim the tank hunter rifle better.

Do you have to lead stuff by quite a bit, or is its shots fast enough that you can aim close to stuff at a distance? And how much bullet drop does the thing have?

Sometimes I can shoot a plane out of the sky without having to lead it much if at all, and other times I can shoot 5 times at something relatively close and not hit it once.

Any help is appreciated!
The Tank Hunter is the best gun in the game. I never have to lead shots whenever im shooting at infantry. havent tried shooting down planes. I just love sniping people and getting one hit kills anywhere on the body. it does like 35 damage to tanks to. it's amazing.

Redders

Did they add game balancing recently or something? In Monte Grappa operations last night, we took all sectors on our first battalion. The other team put up a decent fight especially in the last sector but it wasn't a blowout. For some reason, my squad was then assigned to the defending team on the next map.

The Tank Hunter is the best gun in the game. I never have to lead shots whenever im shooting at infantry. havent tried shooting down planes. I just love sniping people and getting one hit kills anywhere on the body. it does like 35 damage to tanks to. it's amazing.

Were you in a party at the time or playing solo in a random squad? In the PS4Gaf games when we have parties of 8 we've never experienced that and we rarely if ever lose a battalion on the first map. Maybe too many people left the defending team after the map finished and you were just unlucky that it was your squad? Although you still won so not that unlucky in this case!

Love that kit, Conquest game yesterday I managed 10 kills with the sawn off shotgun defending a flag before being killed. Does massively help that you have the extra health with the class.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Were you in a party at the time or playing solo in a random squad? In the PS4Gaf games when we have parties of 8 we've never experienced that and we rarely if ever lose a battalion on the first map. Maybe too many people left the defending team after the map finished and you were just unlucky that it was your squad? Although you still won so not that unlucky in this case!

Love that kit, Conquest game yesterday I managed 10 kills with the sawn off shotgun defending a flag before being killed. Does massively help that you have the extra health with the class.
playing solo, random squad. Never had that happen before but the scenario you laid out makes sense. the game needs to offer some incentive to players on the losing side for sticking it out for the next round where they know they are going to get blown out again. maybe give an XP bonus for each sector you defend. this all or nothing bonus based on win doesnt give players any incentive to stick around.

They can also make it so that the Battalion doesnt go back to 200 after a map change. keep the count from the last round which will give the defending team a better chance to pull off the win in the second map. Or just give a bonus for each Battalion you defeat.

Redders

playing solo, random squad. Never had that happen before but the scenario you laid out makes sense. the game needs to offer some incentive to players on the losing side for sticking it out for the next round where they know they are going to get blown out again. maybe give an XP bonus for each sector you defend. this all or nothing bonus based on win doesnt give players any incentive to stick around.

They can also make it so that the Battalion doesnt go back to 200 after a map change. keep the count from the last round which will give the defending team a better chance to pull off the win in the second map. Or just give a bonus for each Battalion you defeat.

Oh definitely, especially as when they defending team gets smashed or even defends partially well you can end up with some pretty poor scores for the amount of time you spend in the match. You know the attacking team on the other hand has had 2 multipliers and a higher score where as the defending team doesn't get anything.

XP Bonus for each sector defended sounds good however I think you should only get that bonus if you lose the Operation and if you win just get the standard multiplier for winning.

Is it march yet?

I know this feeling man.

I was starting to become massively addicted to BF1 and after the second patch it's just not got the same fun factor.

I've been mega busy over Christmas so I have only been on BF1 like a couple nights a week but I just don't miss it. Massive backlog to get on too.

Roll on March eh?

terrible

Banned

Fao is all about massive comebacks, massive losses, or massive wins. It's unbalanced as hell. Whoever spawns near A is pretty much guaranteed to get a triple cap to start unless the other team knows what they are doing and runs around the side of the map and makes a hard push to C right away.

When I play with my friend I grab C then A and he grabs B when we get the bad spawn. We've won almost every round when we get the bad spawn since we started doing that. It's often a 100-8 type win. Really short round lol.

Once you have A and C usually your entire team will just camp on the walls making it impossible for the other team to do anything. It's refreshing to see that didn't happen in your match there.

The Dude

Yea I still play one operations match a day or two, but overall slowing down. Playing dishonored 2 and almost done with it, been nice to switch it up here

airjoca

Fao is all about massive comebacks, massive losses, or massive wins. It's unbalanced as hell. Whoever spawns near A is pretty much guaranteed to get a triple cap to start unless the other team knows what they are doing and runs around the side of the map and makes a hard push to C right away.

When I play with my friend I grab C then A and he grabs B when we get the bad spawn. We've won almost every round when we get the bad spawn since we started doing that. It's often a 100-8 type win. Really short round lol.

Once you have A and C usually your entire team will just camp on the walls making it impossible for the other team to do anything. It's refreshing to see that didn't happen in your match there.

Yeah, I've had my only 100-0 there. :)

Alpende

Yea I still play one operations match a day or two, but overall slowing down. Playing dishonored 2 and almost done with it, been nice to switch it up here

Exact same situation for me. I've been playing Dishonored 2 a lot lately, just finished so I'm gonna play a bit of BF1 again. After that I'll do another Dishonored 2 playthrough.

Xyber

K bullets are useless

Seeing how many snipers there usually are on a team at any one time, if they all shot at a tank with K-bullets at the same time they would fucking ruin any tanks day. One bullet does 8 damage I believe and you have 5 of them, that's 40 damage right there. That helps out a lot when some assault is trying to take out a tank.

Just shooting at a tank that no one else is shooting at is a waste of bullets though, you will never kill it on your own and he can just ignore you.

sflufan

Banned
The PC servers are totally screwed tonight:

- Everyone at Level 0
- No XP earned
- People not able to use mortars/artillery/etc.
- Not able to use K bullets, other special items

Top Bottom