• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Being a Christmas noob, this game is TOUGH. Im having a hard time going positive in term s of K/D although my win percentage has gotten better now that im level 20. Any tips for combat across all classes?

The Dude

Being a Christmas noob, this game is TOUGH. Im having a hard time going positive in term s of K/D although my win percentage has gotten better now that im level 20. Any tips for combat across all classes?

Just take your time, move from cover to cover, wait at times because there's always someone else that will run in the open. Stay with a few guys if you can when possible, find a map that you really like and play it until you start to feel yourself really get decent and the try some others. Battlefield takes some time but Is well worth it

Nyx

Something that I learned on GAF and helps me in any online shooter, change the color of your crosshair to something like pink so it always stands out.

Medic tip : Selbstlader M1916 Factory is life.

Bollocks

Medic tip : Selbstlader M1916 Factory is life.

haha tried out the other medic weapons and I was terrible couldn't hit shit, especially with the selbstlader, which has 5 bullets? had to switch back to the mondragon to get any kind of kills.

Nyx

haha tried out the other medic weapons and I was terrible couldn't hit shit, especially with the selbstlader, which has 5 bullets? had to switch back to the mondragon to get any kind of kills.

Nah the 1901 version has 5 bullets (the rank 10 medic weapon), I'm talking about the other Selbstlader.

Redders

Did anyone got the free battepacks already from the Holiday event?

The extra 2 superior battle packs for being premium? I got them the first day of the event when I logged in, 23rd I think it was.

I think it was just a single standard battle pack for non premium.

airjoca

Bought the game over Christmas and it is fun although I suck/ am too lazy to use vehicles. Is there a mode I can practice flying planes in? Mouse and keyboard flying feels very weird. (I only play multiplayer or at least so far)

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Bought the game over Christmas and it is fun although I suck/ am too lazy to use vehicles. Is there a mode I can practice flying planes in? Mouse and keyboard flying feels very weird. (I only play multiplayer or at least so far)

Your best bet might be to find an empty/near-empty server running a map like St. Quentin Scar or Sinai Desert and practice flying. There's no separate mode like the Test Range in BF4.

Your best bet might be to find an empty/near-empty server running a map like St. Quentin Scar or Sinai Desert and practice flying. There's no separate mode like the Test Range in BF4.

Alright thanks, I will look into that. Most of my deaths come from tanks or planes :(

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So I get stuck with a team of noobs last night on Ballroom Blitz operations. It was so bad we couldnt even take the very first sector on the first battalion.

But I was on fucking fire with my Hellreigal. I rush like mad and kept going from A to B back to A capturing objectives and taking out multiple players just camping together over and over again. Ended up with 55 kills in the first round alone. 97 kills and 42k score to end the game we ended up winning thanks to our second Blimp. Got over 170k points thanks to the squad xp bonus in only 40 minutes.

Compiled a bunch of those mad rushes into enemy bunkers while everyone in my team was too scared to move up. I love how this game rewards you for playing objective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv66UaIgnAc

Forget about your KDR at first. Focus on SPM. Most of the good guns unlock at level 3 for each class so focus on leveling up each class asap. And that means playing the objective and racking up scores. If you are a medic, heal everyone. Support, supply everyone. Sniper? Get those Flare spot bonuses. Assault? Go nuts on tanks. Do suicidal runs if you have to.

Once you hit level 3, use the model hunter shotgun for Assault, Bar Storm for Support and ML Sweeper for Medic. They are great guns for rushing the objective. The more you rush in, the more combat scenarios you will run into. Less chance of you getting sniped or taken out while camping trying not to die. You will also quickly learn where players like to camp and use that to your advantage. Play operations since it is more focused and you know where the enemy is coming from.

EDIT: By rushing in, i dont mean rushing in blind. Check your corners, but keep moving forward.

Did I tell you guys how much I love the light infantary tank?

That thing is soooo versatile.

Closing in on 100 hours, 1300 spm and a 2.0 kd.

Feels good boooys.

So I can actually play the game now, but get random crashes every 2nd game...

How the fuck are people not giving DICE more shit for their absolute incompetence?
At this rate I had more problems with BF1 than with any Telltale game combined... only second to Bethesda.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So I can actually play the game now, but get random crashes every 2nd game...

How the fuck are people not giving DICE more shit for their absolute incompetence?
At this rate I had more problems with BF1 than with any Telltale game combined... only second to Bethesda.

Which platform are you on brosky?

Which platform are you on brosky?

PC. Game has been unplayable since the December Update for me, but DICE doesn't give a fuck. Reddit and the BF1 forums are filled with people experiencing the same shit as I do... what is DICE doing? Fuck all but empty promises and useless patches that fix nothing.

Seriously, the Beta ran more stable than this broken POS I have to deal with right now.

Meccs

Play Domination. More encounters, more weapon usage that helps you getting used to them.

Gaenor

Banned
I'm a Battlefield veteran, with 1942, 2142, BF3, BF4, BFH, and this game under my belt. I've never had anything bigger than an average 0.5 k/d ratio.

Hahaha 0.5 must be my average K/D at Call of Duty games. My Battlefield K/D is much better, about 1.90. I guess Battlefield suits more my relaxed and slow playstyle than CoD.

Great that you still have fun though, I stopped CoDs (except for the Black Ops series) because of that.

The new battlefield 1 blog update is noting besides "please buy the season pass".

Yeah, I haven't played in over a week now. It doesn't seem like that have anything major until March. I have like +10 squad boosters saved and I'm just waiting until a double xp event. Oh well, back to TF2!

Do people actually ADS with shotguns? 9 times out of 10 I feel like hip fire is the way to go. Also the recoil while ADS with these things are atrocious.

PC. Game has been unplayable since the December Update for me, but DICE doesn't give a fuck. Reddit and the BF1 forums are filled with people experiencing the same shit as I do... what is DICE doing? Fuck all but empty promises and useless patches that fix nothing.

Seriously, the Beta ran more stable than this broken POS I have to deal with right now.

I just recently put together a new pc, but I was playing for months on a 6 year old machine without any problems with most things cranked up, I'd say that's pretty damn well optimized, but there's always going to be outliers.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Trench shotty is sex. Gave it a whirl the other night and find it compliments urban assault very nicely.

Foxxsoxx

I fucking love this game but I feel like it doesn't have near as many 'only in Battlefield' moments as BC2/BF3/BF4 and it makes me so sad. Hopefully the expansions are god-tier and add a lot of stuff.

Has it ever been mentioned if actual soldier customization or more in depth camos will be releasing?

I love the gameplay but the actual content of the game seems way down from BF4.

On a positive note though, I'm really starting to come around to sniping in this game, I never liked it in BF3 and BF4 but the sweet spot mechanic is brilliant, SMLE/flare combo is my baby.

The Dude

I wish theyd turnoff SPM in team death match, keep kd ratio tho. Because I don't see why even track scores per minute when they're so low in tdm compared to the main modes, but it'll jack up your SPM playing it to much. I just probably need to not give a fuck tho and play tdm when I want

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I wish theyd turnoff SPM in team death match, keep kd ratio tho. Because I don't see why even track scores per minute when they're so low in tdm compared to the main modes, but it'll jack up your SPM playing it to much. I just probably need to not give a fuck tho and play tdm when I want

it's not just TDM. Conquest and Rush also give out poor bonuses at the end of the round. I have yet to get anything over 1.5x after a 20-25 minute round. Most of the time it's just 1.25x. Whereas, Operations gives out up to 2.5x for a comfortable win and you can rack up a lot more points compared to Conquest or Rush.

Domination also gives crappy bonuses and lasts only 7-10 minutes and you have like a five minute wait between each round. makes no sense.

terrible

Banned

Just accept that SPM is one of the most useless stats in the game and all will be well. My Operations SPM is 1900 without boosts. TDM? Maybe 400-600? Domination? 900 if I go squad leader and boost my SPM by marking objectives that are just about to be captured, way less if I play normal.

etc

The Dude

Just accept that SPM is one of the most useless stats in the game and all will be well. My Operations SPM is 1900 without boosts. TDM? Maybe 400-600? Domination? 900 if I go squad leader and boost my SPM by marking objectives that are just about to be captured, way less if I play normal.

etc

I'll absolutely stop caring, when everyone else stops talking about their big ass SPM :p no seriously tho, I try to care but I do see alot mention it and I know mine was originally fucked from so many tdm hours at first it just bugs me because I feel I'd be 1200 to 1300 easily, but overall I just wish it wasn't there, I am a stats guy in general so I enjoy stats but not when I feel like a certain mode can just destroy the stat

terrible

Banned
I'll absolutely stop caring, when everyone else stops talking about their big ass SPM :p no seriously tho, I try to care but I do see alot mention it and I know mine was originally fucked from so many tdm hours at first it just bugs me because I feel I'd be 1200 to 1300 easily, but overall I just wish it wasn't there, I am a stats guy in general so I enjoy stats but not when I feel like a certain mode can just destroy the stat

If you've played lots of TDM you have destroyed your SPM, there's no way around that lol.

Do you use battlefieldtracker.com? They have their own score tracking stat called "BTR", and to me it seems like the BTR/Min stat is half decent at showing how good someone is. Better than the in-game SPM at any rate.

Got this game last week and have been having a blast!

Play as medic usually and I try to be a good medic and play the objective too. I'm on PS4 - looking forward to playing online with some of you! PSN is "rookybeats". I'll add myself to the PSN community :)

Top Bottom