• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Four rounds of Conquest 64 in a row where I was stuck on the team losing by 300 - 400 tickets every time.

Thanks for the team balance, DICE.

Foxxsoxx

Four rounds of Conquest 64 in a row where I was stuck on the team losing by 300 - 400 tickets every time.

Truly the darkest timeline.

Yeah I don't understand this game's team balancing or lack thereof.

Had some games earlier where it was Rush 6v12 for the first 10 minutes during defense, and every teammate was trash. I should have left when I noticed...

Finally had a chance to play this game, wow, it's so great, music, the campaign vignettes, loving the whole package, one of the best looking games I've ever played too

Alpende

Same for me although I didn't lose by that much. I lost like 4-5 times in a row before winning and after that the server switched it up and we steamrolled the other team for 2 games or so.

Turkoop

Banned
I still don't know why people are playing this game, having no fucking clue how to play this game but still playing this game. Lord, pls stop if you have no idea!

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I still don't know why people are playing this game, having no fucking clue how to play this game but still playing this game. Lord, pls stop if you have no idea!

That's very high and mighty of you. If they're having fun, what more reason do they need to continue playing?

How would you propose they learn how to play without actually playing?

I got this as a present and I was thinking about exchanging it since I'm not big into multiplayer games, but if you are representative of the player base it's getting exchanged for sure.

Mahonay

Banned
So...

3b4.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Press that Q button. Don't stop, spotting until tomorrow. Don't stop, spotting ever. Seriously, if you do this (and use the fucking spot flare as recon) you're already better than 90% of players.

Then throw out your medibag/ammobox every 1-2 mins.

Boom. Now you know what you're doing for the game.

Just played a game of Conquest on Sinai Desert where there was a guy camped out in the dunes next to G in an artillery truck. He kept picking me off whenever I tried taking the capture point, so I spawned as calvary and pestered him with anti-tank grenades. Felt really good chasing him through the dunes and bobbing between cover. Finally took that fucker down!

Still can't find my gun in this game. The first year and a half of BF4 I was consistently in the top 5 in scoring for my team. In BF1 I'm in the bottom third. I know it's not about kills but when you die in nearly every one on one it's hard to score while in respawn.
Forget what gun I was using in BF4 but it was the same one 100% of the time once I found it. In this I've tried about 6-7 guns for a decent amount of time(50 hours in) with nothing feeling right. So just tell me please what is the gun they need to nerf the most so I can roll with that for a bit and see if my age(46) and diminishing skills is more the reason for the suckage.
I'm still having fun though. Gas grenades are my friend. Last night ended up on the winning team, top scorer with maybe a half dozen gun kills in Operations. Offense steamrolled our first 3 sectors but I found a great strategy by the 4th. Throwing gas grenades on myself. Found a building by a flag that was as destroyed as it could be but enough of a home where I could spam gas grenades around me and the surrounding area. After about 15 minutes of this my squad mates understood my strategy without talking. They would spawn on me and do the same.
Three attempts later and the offense could never get by that sector. Resupply, gas grenade, gas grenade, resupply gas grenade etc...
Anyways gun please! =(

The Dude

Still can't find my gun in this game. The first year and a half of BF4 I was consistently in the top 5 in scoring for my team. In BF1 I'm in the bottom third. I know it's not about kills but when you die in nearly every one on one it's hard to score while in respawn.
Forget what gun I was using in BF4 but it was the same one 100% of the time once I found it. In this I've tried about 6-7 guns for a decent amount of time(50 hours in) with nothing feeling right. So just tell me please what is the gun they need to nerf the most so I can roll with that for a bit and see if my age(46) and diminishing skills is more the reason for the suckage.
I'm still having fun though. Gas grenades are my friend. Last night ended up on the winning team, top scorer with maybe a half dozen gun kills in Operations. Offense steamrolled our first 3 sectors but I found a great strategy by the 4th. Throwing gas grenades on myself. Found a building by a flag that was as destroyed as it could be but enough of a home where I could spam gas grenades around me and the surrounding area. After about 15 minutes of this my squad mates understood my strategy without talking. They would spawn on me and do the same.
Three attempts later and the offense could never get by that sector. Resupply, gas grenade, gas grenade, resupply gas grenade etc...
Anyways gun please! =(

Just depends on what your style is. When I started I was getting my butt kicked and then found alot of goodness with say the MG15 storm while using support, started to mow people down.. Then I also started to love medic guns like the mondragon and a few others. Those medic guns are deadly if you start utilizing them right. My go to is the hellriegel, it's a great all around gun but needs level 10 to unlock. At the moment I don't feel any fun is a stand out op type weapon, they are all pretty viable.

Anyways gun please! =(
Model 10-A Hunter, MP18, Automatico M1918, Hellriegel 1915 Factory, Selbstlader M1916, Mondragón, Autoloading 8 .25 Extended, BAR M1918 and MG15 are the "standouts" I feel like. But in reality every weapon is good IMO.

I think there should be a short animation for getting out of planes mid-air. I chased and shot down three attack planes and all three jumped out at the last second.

But then I guess people would just bail a little earlier...

Lame.

Alpende

Just played Giant's Shadow for the first time and my first impression is not good. It seems like the capture point radius is way too big on some points plus the amount of space between the zeppelin and the other points is way too big. Maybe it was my game but I didn't even see that many vehicles.

The Dude

I think there should be a short animation for getting out of planes mid-air. I chased and shot down three attack planes and all three jumped out at the last second.

But then I guess people would just bail a little earlier...

Lame.

Yea, I hate those dudes who just won't go down with the ship. Especially when they jump out over an off zone area, I think you should get the kill.

Mahonay

Banned
Just played Giant's Shadow for the first time and my first impression is not good. It seems like the capture point radius is way too big on some points plus the amount of space between the zeppelin and the other points is way too big. Maybe it was my game but I didn't even see that many vehicles.
It's a pretty shit map.

New002

Man I love the Gewehr M.95 Infantry. I've been saving scout class for last because I'm not big on sniping, so I've chosen to play it as a more aggressive front lines sniper and the Gewehr M.95 Infantry is amazing in that role.

Just depends on what your style is. When I started I was getting my butt kicked and then found alot of goodness with say the MG15 storm while using support, started to mow people down.. Then I also started to love medic guns like the mondragon and a few others. Those medic guns are deadly if you start utilizing them right. My go to is the hellriegel, it's a great all around gun but needs level 10 to unlock. At the moment I don't feel any fun is a stand out op type weapon, they are all pretty viable.

Model 10-A Hunter, MP18, Automatico M1918, Hellriegel 1915 Factory, Selbstlader M1916, Mondragón, Autoloading 8 .25 Extended, BAR M1918 and MG15 are the "standouts" I feel like. But in reality every weapon is good IMO.

Thanks for the tips guys.
I've never been a runner and gunner in any fps but far from a sniper too. Actually I remember the ACW-R as my BF4 gun. Could kill from a distance and it was decent enough in close combat. Haven't found that gun in BF1. I know this is a different game that takes place in a different era, I'll keep digging to find something that clicks.

The Dude

Thanks for the tips guys.
I've never been a runner and gunner in any fps but far from a sniper too. Actually I remember the ACW-R as my BF4 gun. Could kill from a distance and it was decent enough in close combat. Haven't found that gun in BF1. I know this is a different game that takes place in a different era, I'll keep digging to find something that clicks.

To me you need to hunker into the medic or support classes. I'm not a sniper either, but I love using medic as it's right in the middle. You can run and gun with it, hang back and heal and pick guys off, it's great. Can play similar with support, I'd say focus on those two classes and you'll find something you love

Olengie

I'm getting better with flying planes.

Also. I wish DICE let me hear when someone is bayonet charging me. They're so silent and sometimes just comes out of nowhere

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't get the Fao hate. What is it people dislike so much about it?

I don't understand it either though I've read and heard it here and elsewhere. It's actually one of my favorite maps.

To be fair, I almost always stay out of the Fortress section of the map which Points F and E?

And I've actually grown to like using Boats and riding around as a spawn point for my team between Points A, B, C.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Did I tell you guys how much I love the light infantary tank?

The one-seater? It's BY-FAR (IMO) the best tank. Everyone spawns the heavy tank which is (IMO) a bad thing since the gunners have very limited views. So folks think they're being helpful by spawning that many seats, but they're basically making the gunners just sit there.

If they put it somewhat sideways for the gunners to get a good angle of attack, it wouldn't be a bad "Bradley" replacement.

You need the sweeper in your life

Yea when I run and gun as medic I use the sweeper, and that thing is just so sweet
I cant use it no mattter what. I always do poorly compare to when I use the Selbstlader M1916, Mondragón.
I'm playing scout infantry variants only, to recreate an original bolt action ww1 experience.
BF1 roleplay meta 🤔
haha I tend to do the same for the fraction I am on. I attempt to only use weapons specific to fractions. Like whenever I am on the German team, I use the Mp 18. While if I on the Italian team, I use the Automatico M1918. And etc etc.
I don't understand it either though I've read and heard it here and elsewhere. It's actually one of my favorite maps.

To be fair, I almost always stay out of the Fortress section of the map which Points F and E?

And I've actually grown to like using Boats and riding around as a spawn point for my team between Points A, B, C.
No worries, you enjoy what you like :3 I don't "hate" it but it's one of the maps I prefer to play less if given the chance.

I mean I <3 Operation Metro, Operation locker and if there is a French meat grinder map, that will prob be one of my favorites. While the majority of battlefield players tend to be vocal about their dislike of those meat grinder maps.

Apt101

It's satisfying taking out the enemy mortar battery with your own mortars. I imagine them watching the death screen and raising their glass.

Wide open map that encourages snipers.

I wondered if that was at the root of it. See, for me, Sinai is worse for that, when they sit at the back of the map, or get up on the rock formation and the path is blown up. Fao tends to keep them all in the fortress, and maybe a few make the trip to D, so they're not capping much. I like the feeling of getting into the fortress and the battle changing there; it's far from my favourite, but I appreciate the variation.

Even if it does get annoying when you're sniped from a mile away, there's no better feeling than when you flank your way into a snipers' nest and clear them all out with melees.

Redders

Has there been any changes to Operations? Haven't played it for maybe 2 weeks.

Defending Kaiserschlacht last night and the enemy team had no vehicles spawning and I don't remember there being an AA gun behind B and a plane spawn on the first sector either, we easily held them for 3 defences without losing a sector. Previous times its been a slog facing off multiple vehicles and not being able to destroy the airship.

Has there been any changes to Operations? Haven't played it for maybe 2 weeks.

Defending Kaiserschlacht last night and the enemy team had no vehicles spawning and I don't remember there being an AA gun behind B and a plane spawn on the first sector either, we easily held them for 3 defences without losing a sector. Previous times its been a slog facing off multiple vehicles and not being able to destroy the airship.

No word from DICE on a patch right? I'd assume a glitch

I've been meaning to get back on for ages but it's one illness after another for my little one haha. Minor things so no worry. Just means she keeps waking up.

Redders

No word from DICE on a patch right? I'd assume a glitch

I've been meaning to get back on for ages but it's one illness after another for my little one haha. Minor things so no worry. Just means she keeps waking up.

Not that I've seen, a pretty massive glitch if that's the case haha, certainly made the game a lot more enjoyable for us defending. Only other option it could have been a private server possibly? But I'm pretty sure those aren't possible for operations.

No worries is the time of year for it, will be good to see you back at some point. I've been wrecking fools with the Model 10 in your absence haha, had a lot more success with it recently and is up to my 2nd highest weapon kills now.

We managed to get a full party yesterday evening, normally manage 4-6 of us at the weekend but not much happens during the week though.

Top Bottom