• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Knowing this shit won't get patched for another month is killing me. Every game I'm fighting the revive bug and randomly misaligned sights, not to mention I died to the invisibility glitch for the first time this weekend. Pretty poor form to be skimping on the patches in the early months.

terrible

Banned
I've been using the BAR telescopic a lot the last few times I've played and I keep getting the annoying scope bug after I die. You know the one where you spawn and your entire screen is blurry except for a circle in the middle where your scope would be if you were scoped in? It goes away on its own after a few minutes but DICE plz

I've been using the BAR telescopic a lot the last few times I've played and I keep getting the annoying scope bug after I die. You know the one where you spawn and your entire screen is blurry except for a circle in the middle where your scope would be if you were scoped in? It goes away on its own after a few minutes but DICE plz

There are still loads of bugs. I joined a game last night and the screen was black, other than the text of the airship coming into view, then I got stuck viewing the map screen without any text or options - just an aerial view of the Behemoth moving about.

On the plus side, I haven't encountered the syringe / gas mask glitch recently, so maybe they've fixed that.

As much as im loving this game, i feel like ive done everything in it. I maxed all my classes already, no unlocks left.

:(

Even the calvary, pilot, and tank classes? I've been spending a lot of time with the calvary lately and I love it. I feel like I'm a predator hunting people. Maneuvering into a flanking position and riding down infantry never gets old. Then you can hop off the horse and still have extra health (plus the ability to self-heal and resupply ammo). I love that class.

Theorry

Operation defending is such a waste of time and a borefest.
Attacking is so much more worth. Fun and easy more points. They really need to give defenders more points for defending. Because now if i am defending i just switch or just start a new server. Its just not worth it to defend.

Attacking is so much more worth. Fun and easy more points. They really need to give defenders more points for defending. Because now if i am defending i just switch or just start a new server. Its just not worth it to defend.

You dont enjoy getting destroyed and owned? Im surprised.

Even the calvary, pilot, and tank classes? I've been spending a lot of time with the calvary lately and I love it. I feel like I'm a predator hunting people. Maneuvering into a flanking position and riding down infantry never gets old. Then you can hop off the horse and still have extra health (plus the ability to self-heal and resupply ammo). I love that class.

I have no interest in that.

terrible

Banned

I just don't like having to rely on the enemy to push forward in order to see action. I prefer being able to push for cap points and attack myself. Defending is zzzzzzzzzzz

Surfinn

I just don't like having to rely on the enemy to push forward in order to see action. I prefer being able to push for cap points and attack myself. Defending is zzzzzzzzzzz

Yup, I fucking hate operations. Tried a match since not playing it upon release and it's shockingly boring. "wait for the enemy to advance so you can snipe them".

Jesus. No thanks. Back to conquest it is.

The Dude

Yup, I fucking hate operations. Tried a match since not playing it upon release and it's shockingly boring. "wait for the enemy to advance so you can snipe them".

Operations is so good, I don't get this comment. If you don't like defending just switch to attack side... It's a fuckin blast

Theorry

You dont enjoy getting destroyed and owned? Im surprised.

If i play with my squad i never get destroyed even on defending. Its just a big snoozefest. Takes up almost 1.5 hours and you get way to less points.
Sometimes my squad and me o nothing for a minute so they have a change to finally get the first point after they lost already two battalions lol.

Surfinn

Operations is so good, I don't get this comment. If you don't like defending just switch to attack side... It's a fuckin blast

Switch.. teams? So I can do something? Seems dumb. I don't know if it makes a difference but the operations map we had was on the fortress map which is already pretty terrible.

The Dude

Switch.. teams? So I can do something? Seems dumb. I don't know if it makes a difference but the operations map we had was on the fortress map which is already pretty terrible.

They are going to play differently, yes if you suck at defending and think you'll play better pushing than play in the attack side. There no medal for playing simply where they drop you, switch sides, see what works. There's guys coming and going nonstop... Pick the side you want.

I like both, but at first I only played attack

One bug I hope Dice address has to do with planes, although this might be an issue in all scenarios. Whenever the round ends in a game of Operations while in a plane, if you don't automatically crash, you'll most likely fly out of bounds creating the darkened screen. When the next round starts, the effect will carry over. It's annoying but I can get it to go away by flying out of bounds and returning. I'm assuming if you go out of bounds on foot at the end of the round the bug will still occur.

Orcus

One bug I hope Dice address has to do with planes, although this might be an issue in all scenarios. Whenever the round ends in a game of Operations while in a plane, if you don't automatically crash, you'll most likely fly out of bounds creating the darkened screen. When the next round starts, the effect will carry over. It's annoying but I can get it to go away by flying out of bounds and returning. I'm assuming if you go out of bounds on foot at the end of the round the bug will still occur.
Yes, that sucks, and needs to be fixed. At first when reading your post I thought you were going to mention the death after end of round, which had been in bf for a long time, but will likely not be fixed.

terrible

Banned

Was the same in BF3 and BF4 too lol. It wouldn't give you a death the next round but it still counted as a death.

Also grenades and such can kill you as infantry after a round and it counts.

Foxxsoxx

I like both Operations and CQ. My only real gripe with operations is 64 man servers are fucking awful and the map rotation gets pretty old pretty quick.

Holy shit, I just noticed that there's a deadzone slider in the controls menu. Is this new? I never noticed it before. Coming fresh off BF4 I immediately noticed the controls in BF1 felt a little sluggish and unresponsive in comparison, now with it set to 7 (I kept increasing it by increments of 1 until stick drift was eliminated, YMMV) it feels so much better! Even the tank turret feels better (but not quite as responsive as the on-foot controls).

Good job, DICE!

Theorry

Secret reload animations from the Kolibri

PointlessSecondhandAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Donos

Me and the 3 buddis i play with, only play Operations now (PS4). Started with domination since they only knew CoD before (without vehicles) and didn't like the huge maps but now Operations is all we do. Sadly a lot of times we are stuck with a bad team and loose.

Does not compute...

My experience is the exact opposite. I choose Conquest when I want to relax and play at a slower pace. Operations is tied with Rush for me for the most chaotic BF experience I've ever had...and that's only with 32 players.

Mahonay

Banned
I've given Operations multiple tries and I really hate it personally. The general chaos is just too much, which is weird for me to say, since my favorite parts of Conquest is when things are popping off and going crazy. I think it's that I feel like I have no where to hide a lot of the time and there's periods where there's just no down time, it's a constant wave coming at you. In Conquest you can more or less pick and choose what fights you get into, and split off to other less contested objectives on the map whenever you'd like.

I think Operations goes against my general flow of play I've established in Battlefield over the past decade. I can recognize Operations as a great game type, easily the best new Battlefield game type since Rush, but it's just not for me. And I wish it were.

The Dude

I've given Operations multiple tries and I really hate it personally. The general chaos is just too much, which is weird for me to say, since my favorite parts of Conquest is when things are popping off and going crazy. I think it's that I feel like I have no where to hide a lot of the time and there's periods where there's just no down time, it's a constant wave coming at you. In Conquest you can more or less pick and choose what fights you get into, and split off to other less contested objectives on the map whenever you'd like.

I think Operations goes against my general flow of play I've established in Battlefield over the past decade. I can recognize Operations as a great game type, easily the best new Battlefield game type since Rush, but it's just not for me. And I wish it were.

For me I think what it boils down to is conquest you haven't virtually guys coming from any which direction and snipers doing the same. With operations, you sort of have a direction you're facing and most guys are pushing or defending, so it's more of a standoff, and that I think slows the chaos down. To me conquest can be way more chaotic because you guys people coming from every which sometimes drives me nuts

Nice work dude!

Lol "Hello darkness my old friend..."

Your radar map is freaking huge, but I'm sure that's pretty helpful in battle.

Thanks man. :)

Haha, yeah, I included that song for my friend, I know it will crack him up.

Yep, really helpful. Especially when using spotting flares.

Mahonay

Banned
Thanks man. :)

Haha, yeah, I included that song for my friend, I know it will crack him up.

Yep, really helpful. Especially when using spotting flares.
Funny to me because I have that situation happen often, where I'm on a big run or I narrowly escape death, only to have a nade land directly next to me. I just except my fate and let it take me to heaven.

The one-seater? It's BY-FAR (IMO) the best tank. Everyone spawns the heavy tank which is (IMO) a bad thing since the gunners have very limited views. So folks think they're being helpful by spawning that many seats, but they're basically making the gunners just sit there.

If they put it somewhat sideways for the gunners to get a good angle of attack, it wouldn't be a bad "Bradley" replacement.

Yep yep!

Also is the LIT faster than the other two? Anyone know?

I've been trying to do the Legion of the Wolf medal, but the 10 Squad Spots is proving surprisingly tricky with randoms. I wasted a lot of time using the flare before I realised that didn't count, and no one seems to shoot at anyone I spot, let alone kill them. An hour of TDM has amounted to a measly 2 of the 10 needed.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Does not compute...

My experience is the exact opposite. I choose Conquest when I want to relax and play at a slower pace. Operations is tied with Rush for me for the most chaotic BF experience I've ever had...and that's only with 32 players.

I think it does. For me, constant chaos of the sort that Operations provides, while intense at first, ends up somewhat dulling the senses by its repetitive, uninterrupted nature. I notice this happen in other games like Call of Duty as well. And if you are a defender going up against a disorganized attacking team, then yeah, mowing down waves of the enemy without hardly needing to move can get pretty boring. That's the beauty of Conquest, being able to switch it up as much as you want throughout a match - you don't have to settle for spawning and then moving in just one direction like a mindless drone, over and over, spawning and running forward and dying and spawning (unless you're playing a shit map). Even the interludes of calm serve to make sudden bursts of action that much more exciting.

pizzasqueeze

Neo Member
Does anyone else find the artillery truck armor pretty ridiculous? It seems to take as much damage as a tank.

Similarly, I wish they would give other classes more anti vehicle weapons, I hate having to switch to assault all the time. Limpet mine is fun, but for all the work it takes it barely does any damage.

Surfinn

Does not compute...

Well I guess it's possible my experience was an outlier? I tried defending and switched between all the classes trying to figure out how to contribute and realized the only real effective strategy was to snipe everybody. We won the game and I was a top 5-10 player (got like 50 or 60 kills or so) but my god someone would have to twist my arm to play that same game again.

I've been trying to do the Legion of the Wolf medal, but the 10 Squad Spots is proving surprisingly tricky with randoms. I wasted a lot of time using the flare before I realised that didn't count, and no one seems to shoot at anyone I spot, let alone kill them. An hour of TDM has amounted to a measly 2 of the 10 needed.

Find a sniper and sit next to him spotting.

Tinúviel

Monte Grappa is such a good looking map and i love how it plays.Overall i think BF1's maps are better then BF4's but this maybe because of this is the first time since BC2 i'm liking/playing the BF this much.BF3 and BF4 to me always felt a bit overwhelming and i really like the simplicity of BF1.Especially this is the first year that i dropped CoD entirely and right now i'm mainly playing BF1 and sometimes Titanfall 2.I played Modern Warfare Remastered at launch but god CoD's connection beyond awful this year.

Monte Grappa,Amiens,Empire’s Edge is my top 3.I don't like Fao Fortress and the only map i hate is Sinai Desert.

Yea monte grappa is my favorite, love it

My favourite maps are Argonne Forrest and Amiens

Sinai Desert I actually enjoy for vehicle play

I almost exclusively play Conquest now, and my favorites maps are probably Ballroom Blitz and Amiens. I love their medium-size, how they play well with infantry and vehicles, and the numerous opportunities for flanking. I actually really like Fao Fortress too, mostly because I love using Calvary on this map. Also, I adore Sinai and I think it's the most beautiful map in the game.

Least favorite maps? Giant's Shadow is definitely the worst map in the game, but besides that, I'm not a big fan of Empire's Edge. There's way too much extra space where snipers/artillery trucks just sit and camp out every match. And there's something about St. Quentin's Scar that I don't really like, either.

My opinions are probably an outlier, though.

Top Bottom