• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Onivulk

Banned
Hey I know this has probably been asked 10000 times but how's the performance on xbone?

I guess I preordered the giant sucker edition from Gamestop and I could go get it now.

aka_bueno

Is the FOV adjustable in menu on PC? I'm trying to play this on PC (I'm a console player) and sucked last night lol. I'll take any advantage I can get right now, might bump up FOV slightly.

Does it impact performance at all, since there's more on screen? I have a perfect 60fps right now and don't want to mess that up

It's nice to see a wider FOV for your surroundings but it makes everything seem further away and smaller, so I wonder if I'll like that or not. Those snipers sniping me from across the map are small on screen as it is!

Is the FOV adjustable in menu on PC? I'm trying to play this on PC (I'm a console player) and sucked last night lol. I'll take any advantage I can get right now, might bump up FOV slightly.

Does it impact performance at all, since there's more on screen? I have a perfect 60fps right now and don't want to mess that up

It's nice to see a wider FOV for your surroundings but it makes everything seem further away and smaller, so I wonder if I'll like that or not. Those snipers sniping me from across the map are small on screen as it is!

Yes it is. You can also toggle if you want your FOV to scale with ADS and change the FOV for vehicles. Adjusting the FOV probably does affect performance, but I imagine not by much.

This is easily the most fun I've had with a Battlefield game since BF 1942.

And once again Dice has NAILED the sound design. The gunfire and explosions sound phenomenal.

Foxxsoxx

This is the best multiplayer since BF4. Much harder to play solo though as nobody seems to be reviving or taking out vehicles.

I swear I've played maybe 5 hours today and haven't seen a single person ever take out a tank besides me.

Doesn't help that you don't have the rocket launcher automatically set at your first gadget.

Machina

Banned
This is the best multiplayer since BF4. Much harder to play solo though as nobody seems to be reviving or taking out vehicles.

I can't say I've had the same experience. I revive when I'm a medic and I seem to be revived myself a lot as well. The trick is to find an almost full public squad and hope your squaddies aren't tools

Ugh, played 5 hours of Conquest just fine on ps4 today then after the 2nd match of my first Operation mode the game suddenly is taking forever to load round 3 and finally blue screened and closed =\

Nags

Banned
Hey I know this has probably been asked 10000 times but how's the performance on xbone?

I guess I preordered the giant sucker edition from Gamestop and I could go get it now.

It's the worst version. Just like every multiplatform game. It's been that way since the beginning of the gen.

I'm playing on PS4 and I keep getting a packet loss symbol (I think) on the right side of the screen. I am not the most network-savvy person, but is there any way I can fix this? I am using a wired connection.

Daximuss

This is easily the most fun I've had with a Battlefield game since BF 1942.

And once again Dice has NAILED the sound design. The gunfire and explosions sound phenomenal.

My thoughts, exactly. Battlefield 1942 will always be my all time favorite FPS, but Battlefield 1 is a very close second.

The audio in this game is superb.

GravyButt

Im still curious why on xb1 server broswer (im on east coast usa) theres only like 3 64/64 and basically everything else is 0. Seems odd .....

Daximuss

I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but the newly designed Battlefield Companion App is now available for iOS and Android. It lets you tweak your loadouts, create emblems, and view your personal stats.

Curious to see what the PC playerbase is like compared to consoles. Surprised there's still only one page of populated servers on PC.

http://bf1stats.com

ND3BMxD.jpg

This should give you better idea.
BadCompany2FOV.gif

Edit: He is standing still, exactly same spot. Only FOV value changes.

Honestly, I dont really like the idea of allowing this on console. Dont mind 90 Max, it just seems like a significant advantage and some people would rather suffer through a fish eye effect just to get better awareness advantage..

Foxxsoxx

Honestly, I dont really like the idea of allowing this on console. Dont mind 90 Max, it just seems like a significant advantage and some people would rather suffer through a fish eye effect just to get better awareness advantage..

I like it. More options is always nice. They might have better field of view but it does make spoting still soldiers more difficult.

I like it. More options is always nice. They might have better field of view but it does make spoting still soldiers more difficult.

But you will lose CQC to that hardcore guy who can see more than you, and see you before you see him. I set mine at either 90 or 120, cant remember, but it just felt a little cheap to have that kind of advantage.

Alchemist

I swear I've played maybe 5 hours today and haven't seen a single person ever take out a tank besides me.

Doesn't help that you don't have the rocket launcher automatically set at your first gadget.

Tones of players running Scout. I hate how anti-tank grenades are locked behind the assault/tanker class only.

I can't say I've had the same experience. I revive when I'm a medic and I seem to be revived myself a lot as well. The trick is to find an almost full public squad and hope your squaddies aren't tools

This is the problem. I thought most people willing to pay extra for early access would be somewhat competent at the game but that hasn't been the case so far.

How the hell do you cancel the camera follow with mortars??

So i can aim/ready again without having to wait on the mortar landing. I've seen people do it.

someone help pls. im on PS4

Was this a bug? We were on the past round of defense on Operations and somehow managed to hold it. Battle stopped, "We Won!" appeared on our screen...then it put us back in the battle and somehow the attackers NOW had an airship and proceeded to DESTROY us.

AEREC

Gotta say the PS4 framerate on PS4 is pretty damn bad...think Im going to request a refund and get the PC version.

Is it possible to get a refund for the PS4 version?

Was this a bug? We were on the past round of defense on Operations and somehow managed to hold it. Battle stopped, "We Won!" appeared on our screen...then it put us back in the battle and somehow the attackers NOW had an airship and proceeded to DESTROY us.

Attackers get three tries across the maps.

Huh, I guess the default filters are a little more restrictive than I thought they were. Yeah, lots of people playing on PC.

Played on Empire's End for the first time, when the fog rolls through... hnngh

Top Bottom