• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

-hadouken

Having played for two days, the frequent heavy fog, dust storms etc are really starting to grind. I'm all for immersion, though it's getting in the way of the game.

frontovik

Banned
Has anyone on PC encountered an error with the game freezing and crashing due to a nvidia driver error?

Never had the issue during beta..

TheRed

am i the only one that doesn't like the length of the single player and its mini episodic structure? shit sucks.
It's not the greatest but it's alright to me. I would really love the mini episodic structure if they bothered to bring new War stories to the game as DLC but that's really unlikely.

frontovik

Banned
Is this worth buying for the single player?

The single-player experience is certainly memorable and an improvement over previous BF games; but it's not worth replaying more than once and is kinda forgettable.

I still consider MW1 to be the best FPS campaign experience..

Fucking squad leaders that do not at least set objectives are the fucking worst. Do they not realize that it is objective based and they are leaving extra points on the table?

At least on PC you can tell them, on consoles it's so frustrating.

The most infuriating thing was a train driver that refuse/didn't know how to move.

Nameless

My only real complaint aside from some day 1 lag & rubber banding that got pretty bad, is the that the unlock system is still tedious. It might actually be slower than BF4.

Anyone tried ordering from Amazon recently? I gave Prime but it's saying I'll be getting the game on the 26th for some reason. I opened up a support chat and they told me the shipping date will just change to release date by itself and I should be getting it on Friday.

Hmm...

Pigs

How do you get the battlepacks and skins/weapons from the deluxe version? When I go to the battlepacks screen it says I have none.

EDIT: Nevermind I had to go to the Xbox store and install the deluxe version and hellfighter pak from there.

Foxxsoxx

Just had a match where a dude was trying to snipe on attack about 400m away from the objective with at max a x4 zoom... he went 5-18 and was the only space left for a squadmate on Rush.

They will always find a way.

a_kxqH.gif

So how DO you defeat them quickly?

For the train:
I have no idea what's really good against it mostly because I've hardly encountered the thing. I generally find that the train isn't as destructive as the other vehicles. Most maps with the train have the medium stationary cannons (single shot before reload) which can take it down in time.

For the dreadnought:
There's medium stationary cannons and the large static guns all over on these maps and they eat through the dreadnought. In addition planes and their gunners can damage it quite a bit. The anti-vehicle kit and assault's anti tank rifle can do decent amounts of damage to it.

For the zeppelin:
There's AA guns EVERYWHERE on these maps that can take it down fast. Just like the dreadnoughts, planes and their gunners can also do a lot of damage to the zeppelin as well as the anti-vehicle kit and anti-tank rifle. If the zeppelin happens to take down your AA guns (which means you've let it cross the entire map without killing it somehow) you're probably going to lose.

Taking them down requires a little bit of teamwork but generally 4 or so people is all you need.

Anyone using a 3770k/980ti combo?

Beta ran fine. Playing at 1080p btw. I'm hoping for 60fps but who knows.

You're plenty good for 60fps with that CPU, and you'll be able to get 1440p (resolution scale for down sampling at 1080p would be 133%) and ultra cause I've got a 980ti too and that's what I get.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
At least on PC you can tell them, on consoles it's so frustrating.

The most infuriating thing was a train driver that refuse/didn't know how to move.

During the beta I would just constantly spam Waiting For Orders...until they either did or I just jumped to a new Squad.

Man...I had a bunch of good games in the beta and my 10 hours I spent in multiplayer on EA Access, with a 57% winning percentage in the latter until it released last night. Now that winning percentage has dropped to 41, and I'm having a much tougher time, even though I often do better than most on my team. But we'be only won a few games, and barely at that. Most games have been the other team winning without it usually being super close, though there have been a bunch of close games I've lost too.

Joining a game and finding every single one of the squads locked is not fun. I know I can create one but I rarely ever get randoms to join in.

When I joined a server today, it put me in my own squad and auto locked it. I manually unlocked it.

Maybe a bug? I'm guessing some people have no idea their squad is even locked.

Besides that, I can't get enough of this game. I can't give DICE enough praise. I have that 1942, BF2 type feeling of a great Battlefield title. Sure it could use a little balancing, sure it doesn't run at a locked 60fps on PS4 and has some dips here and there, but wow this is a great first person shooter experience.

Big thumbs up to the campaign as well. Only played the first mission, but I had a blast. Love the "did you know" type facts they put in text before and after the mission.

Anyone getting brutal drops in FPS on XB1? It's constantly seizing up and dropping to 1 frame in the middle of battles online. It was never like this in the beta.

You're plenty good for 60fps with that CPU, and you'll be able to get 1440p (resolution scale for down sampling at 1080p would be 133%) and ultra cause I've got a 980ti too and that's what I get.

Wouldn't completely bank on it though... there are plenty of people with nVidia GPUs having issues, check the official BF1 PC Forum... though don't stick around as it's a pretty toxic place to say the least :D

I'd disable Shadowplay if you have problems though, seems to be a large culprit. There's some other fixes here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...performance_tips_for_pc_potentially_huge_fps/

It's eerily similar to the BF4 lauch (which had awful performance from nVidia cards at the time).

Hoping for some driver updates and perhaps a day one patch to remedy.

Sillution

Anyone getting brutal drops in FPS on XB1? It's constantly seizing up and dropping to 1 frame in the middle of battles online. It was never like this in the beta.

Happening to me as well, consistent frame drops.

I also am beyond terrible at this game so far. Can't get any kills and didn't start off this bad when I tried battlefield 3 and 4.

Xyber

For the train:
I have no idea what's really good against it mostly because I've hardly encountered the thing. I generally find that the train isn't as destructive as the other vehicles. Most maps with the train have the medium stationary cannons (single shot before reload) which can take it down in time.

For the dreadnought:
There's medium stationary cannons and the large static guns all over on these maps and they eat through the dreadnought. In addition planes and their gunners can damage it quite a bit. The anti-vehicle kit and assault's anti tank rifle can do decent amounts of damage to it.

For the zeppelin:
There's AA guns EVERYWHERE on these maps that can take it down fast. Just like the dreadnoughts, planes and their gunners can also do a lot of damage to the zeppelin as well as the anti-vehicle kit and anti-tank rifle. If the zeppelin happens to take down your AA guns (which means you've let it cross the entire map without killing it somehow) you're probably going to lose.

Taking them down requires a little bit of teamwork but generally 4 or so people is all you need.

For the train, the HE mortar does a wonderful job from a safe distance. And a little tip is to just keep spamming shots if you nailed the first one, don't have to wait for that camera to go back down.

Foxxsoxx

I was hoping it would get better from the beta, that shit was damn near unplayable.

Yeah I've been having a blast playing today but I had to stop playing, the constant drops were making me feel sick and gave me a horrible headache.

I might have to keep to Rush and Operations even though I play BF for Conquest :\

Top Bottom