• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

zedge

So performance wise. Xbox or ps4?

They are pretty close judging by the DF thread. Xbox actually leads by a few fps here and there. Don't think you can go wrong with either console version if you want it on that platform.

I'm torn. I have a PC that can run this flawless maxed out, but I want to play in HDR on my new TV. Do I get the Xbox version, hopefully get HDR soon. or get the PS4 version for now and play HDR on the Pro when it releases which will require a new console..lol. Hmmm Either way I love HDR, Gears looks fantastic, playing it on PC its smooth but it looks flat in comparison.

Gotta say the PS4 framerate on PS4 is pretty damn bad...think Im going to request a refund and get the PC version.

Is it possible to get a refund for the PS4 version?

You're in for a world of pain...

Seriously, it's possible try with the live chat but it's unlikely.

I'm not sure if I like this game as much as BF3 or 4, but it's undeniably easy on the eyes. I just really suck at it. Hoping I'll get better with the weapons and more familiar with the maps sooner than later.

Started a game on Amiens 22-0 because of the light tank. At the end I was able to get the mortar on the train and I ended up going 47-7 (first on the scoreboard because I actually play objectives) and the second guy on our team went like 70-28. We still lost, some teams are just hopeless.

In one of my games there was a guy that went like 40-3, but his score was like 5k and he was almost at the bottom of the scoreboard, lmao. We all know what he was doing.

kakashi08

If i buy the xbox one s blue color with BF1, will someone trade me the xbox one version for the PC? If that's possible. What's the "laws" on trading games. lol

Even though it said we won and did the map zoom out? I know they have waves. That's frustrating. Our team was getting stomped on so maybe just bad luck. Our squad was top four at least :-/

Yea, you can hold an attack, the screen zooms out, the attackers will listen to a commander or something saying that it isn't over yet, blablabla, the defenders the same thing, and the attackers will get another try (3x total). You have to defend from all the attacks.

It kinda had to be that way, a single attack would be way to hard.

Foxxsoxx

But you will lose CQC to that hardcore guy who can see more than you, and see you before you see him. I set mine at either 90 or 120, cant remember, but it just felt a little cheap to have that kind of advantage.

Yeah but everyone can change their FoV if they like, not to mention it gives you worse performance the higher it is set to. I find 80 to be perfect for me, right in the middle of comfortable and effective.

I love FoV sliders and I'm really happy to have it here, it's one of my big gripes with Destiny, it has horribly low FoV and I can't see a thing when running with a lot of weapons.

I'm playing on PS4 and I keep getting a packet loss symbol (I think) on the right side of the screen. I am not the most network-savvy person, but is there any way I can fix this? I am using a wired connection.

I have got this on every DICE game for a while, if you get told a solution please PM me as I would love to know.

PS4, wired, Fibre, DMZ, NAT open. Location: NZ.

It's crazy how optimized this game is on the PC. With a 6700k and a single 1070, everything in-game turned to Ultra at 4k resolution, I was having problems with tearing on my 60Hz monitor on Suez.

Not only is it optimized, it's a beautiful game.

LightInfa

The Operation on Monte Grappa is aaaaaaaaaamazing holy shit wow.

My favorite operation by far- the Alps are easily the most dramatic landscape in the game- plus those maps all have defined fortifications that the defenders can hunker down into and feel like they are under siege, while getting blasted apart by a battleship (which is by far my favorite behemoth for immersion purposes).

renzolama

It's the worst version. Just like every multiplatform game. It's been that way since the beginning of the gen.

In the digital foundry analysis it performed better than the PS4 version, the XBOne has a stronger cpu which favors BF1. By "worse" do you mean the resolution being lower?

The difference of skill and team play between pc and console is just absurd, at least in my region. Some squad leader don't even give orders, it's infuriating. But let's give it some time.

renzolama

Gotta say the PS4 framerate on PS4 is pretty damn bad...think Im going to request a refund and get the PC version.

Is it possible to get a refund for the PS4 version?

If you've never asked for a refund they'll usually give you a "one time exception" refund without any hassle. After that it's like squeezing blood from a stone to get another one.

Tovarisc

So I'm just going to say that Quentin Scar is a classic. My God what a fanfuckingtastic map.

Amiens, St. Quentin Scar and Argonne Forest are trifecta maps of BF1, imo. Two very solid CQ maps with good flow and one brawler map for more action focused experience.

Quite interesting to see XB1 leading the pack, is this because of EA Access on XB1?

I'd speculate to say Europeans are much less likely to get the Early Enlister editions, much like PC users in general. And that's where the bulk of the PS4 users are.

You also have the Access stuff etc.

Not much to defer until the game is actually released.

Now that I got to rank 10 in Support, (I need to get some more time in with the Huot...seems decent so far) time to start moving up the ranks for the scout class. Is the Martini Henry available at Scout rank 10, or what?

Foxxsoxx

Amiens, St. Quentin Scar and Argonne Forest are trifecta maps of BF1, imo. Two very solid CQ maps with good flow and one brawler map for more action focused experience.

I've barely played Arg Forest, maybe once? I can't really judge it yet but Amiens is also fantastic, it reminds me a bit of BF3's Sienne Crossing.

The difference of skill and team play between pc and console is just absurd, at least in my region. Some squad leader don't even give orders, it's infuriating. But let's give it some time.

3-1.jpg

This game is surprising me on a similar level as Doom. I didn't expect anything from this game, despite being a fan of previous mainline entries (excepting 4, which I kind of gave up on after its rough launch period). Saw all the really positive reception from the EA/Origin Access trial over the weekend and decided to grab the Deluxe on my PC, and it's been nothing but awe.

I actually like the campaign, I think the multi is fantastic, and it a jaw-droppingly gorgeous game (playing at High settings, 1080p, 60fps). Hearing an orchestrated rendition of the classic Battlefield theme is massively nostalgic for me. This is top notch stuff, and I'm glad it's relatively polished at launch. It's not perfect -- the pre-rendered cutscenes perform oddly for me and I feel like I've run into some weird mobility issues due to some clipping issues from time to time, but overall it's much better than BF4 at launch, which was the last time I played a BF game. I really thought this was gonna be a downer year for Battlefield, but it's hands down one of the best I think I've ever seen, right up there with the impact BF1942 had on me and the last time I truly had a blast playing Battlefield -- Bad Company 2.

renzolama

I can't recall ever seeing this kind of juxtaposition between many people saying it runs "amazingly" and many other people saying it doesn't perform well at all on the same console (PS4). It reads like something straight from the PC performance thread where everybody is running it on a different hardware configuration. Should we conclude that the game performance is highly variable depending on mode/map/playercount, or that people are just way more subjective in how they measure performance than they think they are.

St. Quentin Scar Conquest is just amazing. Great areas for infantry combat, areas and lines of sight for snipers, viable tanks, great open area for plane dogfights and strafing run ground attacks from the planes, as well as a good selection of AA weaponry. I just wish it didn't run so poorly on Conquest on Xbox One, but I could say that about every map, or almost every map on Conquest. Oh well, it's still playable. Most of the time.

SZips

I've had this problem with BF3 and my 560Ti, and now with 970 while playing campaign. I've played like 60 with the beta, and 60-90 minutes of MP and no problem, today I started the campaign, and here it goes again. I'll try turning off my VGA OC, because that might be the problem, also hopefully the launch drivers will come soon.

I wish I had an OC. At least then I could have a potential go to fix for issues I have in games.

I had this problem and I fixed it by turning off the Discord overlay.

Sadly, I haven't run Discord with this game.

I have seen others reporting this same issue in the Bugs forum on the Battlefield site. It seems to happen to both Nvidia and ATI users across a range of cards.

Bravoexo

Couldn't figure out why nothing was happening at the Bunker's area in the middle point of Through Mud and Blood... investigated ... only to find the enemy light tank "stuck" in the mud... lol... yeash... ok, maybe the single player campaign was a bad idea.

RS4-

...lol. I completely forgot about changing graphics settings. I played for about an hour and had 60 while streaming at 60fps.

I had maybe 2-3 moments where it sort of dropped down to 20 fps for a second or two.

Shady859

What's the thought process behind Operations?? You play a fun round and then they give the losers a completely overpowered and massive health boat/blimp/train and completely ruin the mode for the next round. Who thought this was a good idea??

Ok so I give up. How do you equip the weapons you earn from the battlepacks? I have two legendary weapons and I just wanna use em :(

Go to customize in the deploy menu before you deploy. Rather than click the gear icon next to your weapon, click the actual weapon itself to bring up a list of all the potential weapons you can equip in that slot. The legendary weapons are just skins, but they should be listed at the bottom past all the regular/default versions of the weapons (EDIT:) assuming you're playing a class that can equip the unlocked weapon. Melee and sidearms are universal across all classes, but main weapons can only be equipped by specific classes.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Fucking squad leaders that do not at least set objectives are the fucking worst. Do they not realize that it is objective based and they are leaving extra points on the table?

You don't get weapons from battlepacks, you only get skins from them. You unlock weapons through war bonds, which you get by leveling up.

Go to customize in the deploy menu before you deploy. Rather than click the gear icon next to your weapon, click the actual weapon itself to bring up a list of all the potential weapons you can equip in that slot. The legendary weapons are just skins, but they should be listed at the bottom past all the regular/default versions of the weapons.

Ohhhhhh I see. Thanks!

What's the thought process behind Operations?? You play a fun round and then they give the losers a completely overpowered and massive health boat/blimp/train and completely ruin the mode for the next round. Who thought this was a good idea??

The attackers get three tries. There are a lot of capture points, and two maps. It makes things mostly fair. If your team aims for the behemoths, you can take them down pretty quickly. You can also disable their weapons pretty easily too.

What performance should I expect to get from a 980 Ti + i7 6700k? I'm hoping at least ultra 1080p + 60fps.

This is my EXACT build (MyRam is DDR4 3000mhz though) and I get 1440p at ultra and a nice solid 60 in MP. During a load you'll see a freeze or maybe a small drop but that's suuuper rare. It is such a smooth experience.

Overall this is probably the best battlefield since Bad Company 2 to me. The gun play is great and I like most of the maps. Suez is terrible and Argonne Forest is meh to me even if it looks amazing. Fao Fortress and Sinai are alright, while the rest are all downright great.

Top Bottom